Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope these sets aren’t delayed. They are obviously in production already but I honestly don’t know if that means anything or not as far as how COVID-19 will affect the release. We haven’t seen any Star Wars factory leaks at all though so maybe that theme is affected, although those are also August releases and these are June so who knows. I just really hope HP isn’t delayed

Right, I've done 3 minutes of Google research, heres what I think: 

LEGO has 4 main factories(as far as I know): In:

Denmark- 2,356 Covid cases

Mexico- 717 cases

Hungary- 343 cases

China- the start of Covid, however no new cases were reported today and 93% of the cases are recovered

So I'd say unless there is a major change in cases between now and June, we should be good!

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname
Did an extensive search (2 searches) to find answers

5 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Mexico- 717 cases

Hungary- 343 cases

China- the start of Covid, however no new cases were reported today and 93% of the cases are recovered

So I'd say unless there is a major change in cases between now and June, we should be good!

It actually has more then just that. It has to do with are the factories actually open, will people want/have the money to spend on legos after this is all over, when can Lego get these products into certain countries. It will probably be a country by country thing but again I wouldn’t be surprised if in some countries things are delayed most likely from june to August 

Xenophilius Lovegood would be a good choice for the CMF, if he has his outfit from Bill’s wedding. Then if down the line LEGO does a set of his house (complete with exploding play-feature) the figure there won’t be a repeat because he will be dressed In his home clothes. As for an accessory I’m not sure, I guess another issue of the quibbler from DH?

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well I would say it's extremely likely that it's delayed as well. I know minions is a movie tie in, but that shouldn't really matter as the sets have already been revealed  (delays would only make sense if it would spoil the movie) and not all sets are delayed, so that would mean that can hardly be the reason.

It’s got nothing to do with spoiling the movie or if the sets are revealed. Movie merchandise is released at about the same time as the movie it ties into because that elevates sales, and whichever company is making the movie usually considers merchandise sales as part of their gross profit/overall success of the movie, and having new products covered in the movie’s logo lining store shelves acts as advertising. If the lego sets get released who knows how long before anyone sees the movie then nobody’s going to want to buy them now, and quite likely will be less interested in buying them when the movie does end up coming out. 

Meanwhile, in house themes like Ideas, Hidden Side and Ninjago, and IPs not attached to specific movie releases like Harry Potter and Star Wars don’t have that problem. And arguably, lego will want to keep those releases going if they logistically can so they still have profit coming in. 

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Meanwhile, in house themes like Ideas, Hidden Side and Ninjago, and IPs not attached to specific movie releases like Harry Potter and Star Wars don’t have that problem. And arguably, lego will want to keep those releases going if they logistically can so they still have profit coming in. 

Yes, but the factories may close due to covid-19, or they may delay the sets until after Covid has run its course. 

16 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yes, but the factories may close due to covid-19, or they may delay the sets until after Covid has run its course. 

The first one makes sense, the second one I don't think would happen.

Online shopping nowadays is more popular than in-store shopping, so it's not a problem for people that are staying in home. Also, think about all those kids who have to stay at home and are getting bored. You think a parent won't buy him/her a Lego set (or another toy) after a while? Hell, even I am ordering Lego, a movie and a toy tomorrow :laugh_hard:

21 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Covid-19 is likely going to be an issue for years. Lego isn’t going to delay releasing any new sets for two years just because they’re unlikely to make many in store sales, they haven’t shut down online orders after all. And as previous posters pointed out, most of the counties lego has factories in haven’t been too hard hit by the virus (yet). 

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Mexico- 717 cases

Hungary- 343 cases

After quickly jumping from four hundred and something to 717 (from previously having approximately 50 cases per day) quarantine has finally been suggested by our retarded president... so if the factory hadn’t already closed, it will pretty soon (or honestly, I hope :def_shrug:)

Does anyone know how many months prior to release the sets go under production? Perhaps the release date will be the same, but they’ll run out of stock super fast! Imagine if the new stock never gets to see the light :look: Jk.

Sorry for going a bit off topic here

maybe there is some delay in production. but lego also might not need to produce as many of each set. considering they dont have XXX amount of physical stores to stock all at once, they can sell whatever they get made on lego.com

even If they cant supply,  it is an excellent time to put up everything for pre order right when those Americans all get their free money.

get peoples money before they run out or realize the situation isn't so hot. don't wait till june to try and sell your sets. 

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The first one makes sense, the second one I don't think would happen.

Online shopping nowadays is more popular than in-store shopping, so it's not a problem for people that are staying in home. Also, think about all those kids who have to stay at home and are getting bored. You think a parent won't buy him/her a Lego set (or another toy) after a while? Hell, even I am ordering Lego, a movie and a toy tomorrow :laugh_hard:

Well, my thinking was: if a parent can't work due to Covid,are they going to spend what money they have left on LEGO? idk. 

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

XXX amount of physical stores to stock all at once, they can sell whatever they get made on lego.com

Most of the stores still have online shopping or are starting up a webstore because of all this so I'm pretty sure they'll still produce the same amount of sets as they would otherwise do. 

This is getting very off topic. I need to ask an important question:

Why are so many people stealing Hedwigs from factories and leaking them? I don't want to see another freaking angle of Hedwig, okay?:laugh:

6 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

This is getting very off topic. I need to ask an important question:

Why are so many people stealing Hedwigs from factories and leaking them? I don't want to see another freaking angle of Hedwig, okay?:laugh:

one person stole and handful and sold them to various people.

21 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Well, my thinking was: if a parent can't work due to Covid,are they going to spend what money they have left on LEGO? idk. 

It's not like everyone can't work because of coronavirus. Of course people who work at cinemas, shopping malls or restaurants don't really have a job now, but most people are working and will be working. It's not like everyone's gonna have no job. But of course you have a point, many families have to start spending their money very carefully.

I'm not sure if that Instagram leaker is reliable, but assuming he is, then based off his clues and statements, I'm guessing that the remaining 7 CMF figures should be:

Ron Weasley (obviously, though I'm not sure which version would be used)

Hermione Granger (same)

Rita Skeeter (mentioned by the leaker)

Lucius Malfoy (mentioned by the leaker, and would be a second Slytherin in the series, which would fulfill the 'at least two minifigures from each house' statement given)

Gilderoy Lockhart (mentioned by the leaker, and would be a second Ravenclaw in the series, as the leaker stated he's not counting ghosts)

Nymphadora Tonks (mentioned by the leaker, and would be a second Hufflepuff in the series)

Madam Pomfrey (Seems like the most likely candidate for including the new hood/hatpiece that was mentioned)

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like everyone can't work because of coronavirus. Of course people who work at cinemas, shopping malls or restaurants don't really have a job now, but most people are working and will be working. It's not like everyone's gonna have no job. But of course you have a point, many families have to start spending their money very carefully.

I think you are extremely out of touch of the real world to have that opinion. 

You do realise there is a LOT of people not working right now? There's a lot more than cinemas, shopping malls and restaurants etc

The construction industry will also be out, apart from essential gas/road works. Aircraft maintenance is now an issue, people can't get from country to country to  start new contracts to work abroad-or come home. Planes aren't flying. So the carriers, airports will be on skeleton crews only for emergency/essential flights. Holiday companies will be practically non existant now. House moving is wanting to be stopped for obvious reasons. There's a lot of non essential businesses not working right now. 

These families with kids, will likely have one parent working full time, one working part time. Of those, there will a lot whose wages will be drastically cut due to work stoppage. Especially those where both parents jobs are frozen. Privately booked surgery now can't happen unless the doctors wear hazmat suits. Guess what we don't have enough of, to which has now stopped all non essential private surgery occurring? Hazmat suits. Private hospitals are pretty much on freeze with the view that some will be bought out and used for the NHS instead. 

This 'free money' isn't coming instantly. Its not coming soon enough for a lot of people. Self employed are only getting 80% of their average earnings, and they're not getting that until June. That's at least 2 months away. Who normally has 2 months of mortgage payments/bills/food costs saved up? Not the average person I can tell you now. And those that do, won't take lightly to dipping into it. 

Those that were in between jobs are now going to be out of jobs for quite a while relying on their savings to keep them going. No one wants to spend their savings freely without a care in the world. No one can predict when exactly this is going to settle back down and the economy will get back to normal, so they don't know how long their savings will have to last them. But it's not going to be straight away either. People will have to get back on their feet, get some money back behind them. Frugal spending is going to rise* insanely. 

In the uk alone, up to last weekend, an *extra* £57 million was spent on panic buying alone. People have spent money on additional consumables that wasn't essential to do if people carried on as normal (but people being people, they didn't...). That'll be taking away from spare money. 

Companies that may have been struggling, but just coping... Are now going under for certainty, some already have. A lot of people already *are* losing their jobs because of this. Wages can't be paid. The money isn't coming fast enough to support them. Even if it does, it's a loan. Which a lot of banks are asking for personal security for. Which is putting small businesses off getting, because that puts their personal homes at risk. 

Take a walk down a highstreet and see just how many businesses are still open. Hardly any, I can guarantee that. Places are like ghost towns. Except now everyone is out going for runs :laugh:

This is widespread enough that even Lego would be daft to simply assume they can carry on as normal. 

So families with kids at home may not be so carefree to spend money on a lego set to keep a kid quiet when there is far too much uncertainty occurring, and I can bet the majority will tell their kids to play with what they already have. 

The problem is, even lego will get hit. The economic recovery could be a year out yet. But they've already got everything pretty much in place to get the HP sets out on the market. They may not delay it at all. I mean, would it make a difference? Not really if they already have it all ready to go. Better for them to offer it out and delay the next wave. But purchases will be a lot slower. 

Edited by Fuppylodders
Opposite word intended-*rise

Can we please just go back to topic? Just because 3 out of 5 Minions sets are being delayed because the movie is delayed doesn't immediately mean the same will happen to the Harry Potter sets (which aren't even tied to a new movie). We hear enough about the coronavirus on the news, it's all we hear really and I'm getting sick of it. There is no need to add 5 pages of pointless rambling about a potential change in releasedates. We're two months away from release and even if there is a delay, so what? We waited 7 years for this theme to return, waiting a few months extra for one of it's waves shouldn't be that hard.

In one way I of course don´t want to complain too much about the leaks (Because at least there are some) but im getting tired of seeing the same 5 figurs. xd

Soon we got a 360* view of them all, much wow

We just need Bella and Wolfboi from the sides, can´t wait

Edited by TurboTj-DK

28 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

In one way I of course don´t want to complain too much about the leaks (Because at least there are some) but im getting tired of seeing the same 5 figurs. xd

Soon we got a 360* view of them all, much wow

We just need Bella and Wolfboi from the sides, can´t wait

Lets just be thankful we got leaks at all. We even saw CMF half a year before its premiere!

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lets just be thankful we got leaks at all. We even saw CMF half a year before its premiere!

I am thankful, as I also said at least we got some. 

Next hint: 'After this wave, several families can celebrate larger family celebrations. Only sets included since 2018.'

Not that useful a hint really considering after the Dursleys, Weasleys, Malfoys there aren't really any other main families and we know we are getting the Dursleys, probably Lucius Malfoy, Molly Weasley. It might hint we are getting more Weasley's than known, but if a Burrow or a Diagon Alley set are coming I think we are expecting Ginny, Mr Weasley, Fred, George etc.

The discription of that hints says 'family trees in harry potter are so weird'. Grimmauld Place has a family tree.