Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

With Minions being delayed; Is IT possible that other themes, such as Harry Potter, are being delayed also, due to the coronavirus? (I'm not saying Minions is delayed directly because of that)

It's certainly possible, but whilst I can't say for sure that the Minions sets aren't delayed because of production decrease due to CV, I'm hoping that they have simply been delayed because CV has potentially pushed back the Minions release date from June to a now as yet undetermined date and Lego, or even Universal, now doesn't want to release the sets too early. The Harry Potter sets on the other hand are not tied to a movie release so if that is the issue they shouldn't be affected. Nobody here though has a definite answer I don't think.

The Minion sets are made for a new releasing movie, that has been delayed. So it makes sense to delay the Minion sets as well. 
LEGO should still continue to release sets to keep their bussines up and running. The LEGO Ideas set is releasing the 1 April. So Well I don´t think we should worry, the sets should release as nomal. :)

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

With Minions being delayed; Is IT possible that other themes, such as Harry Potter, are being delayed also, due to the coronavirus? (I'm not saying Minions is delayed directly because of that)

2 of the sets are still coming out as planned, the rest has been delayed due to the movie itself being delayed. Harry Potter isn't tied to a new movie coming out and if the issue was with factories closing down those last 2 sets would've been delayed as well. So I'm not worried about these sets being delayed, not yet at least.

Thats right i also think its just because of the movie.

HP theme has nothing to do with any movies this year.

FB will start 2021 or worst case 2022.

Minions sets are based on a movie. The movie has been delayed indefinitely, so the sets are also getting delayed indefinitely. It makes sense (but apparently 2 out of 5 sets may still release as planned).

Harry Potter sets are not linked to any upcoming movies. If they will be delayed, it will be beacuse of factories shutting down. But things like, for example, PS5 or XBOX are confirmed to not be delayed, so I don't think the sets will be delayed.

The only thing that worries me is the hint @Falconfan1414 has dropped in an IG story of his because he didn’t specify which sets or themes he’s referring to :sceptic: Anything but HP please :sing:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, TurboTj-DK said:

New Clue: All four houses gets atleast 2 minifigures. in the CMF

Could this include other than students? 

Gryffindor: Harry, Neville, Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione etc.

Ravenclaw: Luna, Myrtle

Hufflepuff: Sprout, Tonks??

Slytherin: Bellatrix, Lucius?, Polyjuice Crabbe&Goyle?

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You know sh*t got real when even wizards are wearing nitrile gloves lol

Looks like Harry Potter have had enough of the quarantine :tongue:
Guns-Akimbo-bilde-4.jpg&w=1150

3 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Possible, but so far it do not seem that new Lego sets are affected by the virus situation :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, thenudeorganist said:

Could this include other than students? 

Gryffindor: Harry, Neville, Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione etc.

Ravenclaw: Luna, Myrtle

Hufflepuff: Sprout, Tonks??

I would have gone with Myrtle too, but the guy said on IG (in response to a question) that ghosts are not included. So maybe Lockhart, Cho, Padma, Flitwick (not that we need another Flitwick) or Xenophilius Lovegood for Ravenclaw.

Edited by BacktoBricks

46 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

New Clue: All four houses gets atleast 2 minifigures. in the CMF

Only one extra Hufflepuff and Slytherin needed for that to be true - Tonks and Cedric are the major Hufflepuff aside from Sprout, otherwise Zacharias Smith, Hannah Abbot, Ernie MacMillain or Justin Finch-Fletchley are minor students. Susan Bones in Herbology gear is also a possibility, although minor.

There are loads of Slytherins. 

Edit - no Ghosts so one more Ravenclaw - Lockhart, Flitwick, Ollivander, Trelawney, Padma, Cho are the main ones, all but Lockhart and Padma with costume varients. Michael Corner, Marcus Belby and Roger Davies are much more unlikely. 

Edited by Seaber

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I would have gone with Myrtle too, but the guy said on IG (in response to a question) that ghosts are not included.

Lockhart was in Ravenclaw also, if I remember correctly...

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only thing that worries me is the hint @Falconfan1414 has dropped in an IG story of his because he didn’t specify which sets or themes he’s referring to :sceptic: Anything but HP please :sing:

Just saw that :cry_sad: 

Ron, Hermione, Rita, Tonks, Lucius, Lockhart, Pomfrey are my (hopeful) predictions based on the "clues". In before getting a yule ball Cho as the second Ravenclaw and another Cedric as the Hufflepuff :D

4 hours ago, mark1991t said:

We didn't get Lee. It was Dean Thomas

Oops, my bad. Apologies. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I would have gone with Myrtle too, but the guy said on IG (in response to a question) that ghosts are not included. So maybe Lockhart, Cho, Padma, Flitwick (not that we need another Flitwick) or Xenophilius Lovegood for Ravenclaw.

I would definitely like another Flitwick, I never liked that they swapped his design for the conductor.

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

I would definitely like another Flitwick, I never liked that they swapped his design for the conductor.

Yeah, it’d be nice to get the design they used for the first two films much like how they’ve given us the two version of Dumbledore.

26 minutes ago, doclord said:

I mean another version of the 'conductor' as you call it. We definitely don't need another version of the character in that form right now.

Does anyone know how to clear our skate of photos we’ve sent to a thread, because I want to send one to clear something up regarding diagon alley- but I can’t :(

23 minutes ago, doclord said:

While I vastly prefer the design they used from PoA onwards, it’d still be cool to see a minifig version of his PS/CoS design :classic: It’s pretty low on my current personal minifig wishlist, but if all the rumours for the upcoming sets hold water, it might be near the top of the list for next year

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

While I vastly prefer the design they used from PoA onwards, it’d still be cool to see a minifig version of his PS/CoS design :classic: It’s pretty low on my current personal minifig wishlist, but if all the rumours for the upcoming sets hold water, it might be near the top of the list for next year

While I appreciate the work put in and cultural relevance of the post-CoS art style, I have a soft spot for all the original designs.

I really hope these sets aren’t delayed. They are obviously in production already but I honestly don’t know if that means anything or not as far as how COVID-19 will affect the release. We haven’t seen any Star Wars factory leaks at all though so maybe that theme is affected, although those are also August releases and these are June so who knows. I just really hope HP isn’t delayed

Lowkey hoping for crabbe and goyle in the CMF, Drago is kind of lonely in my hogwarts set up haha.
Or at least get another slytherin uniform. Think the Tom riddle in the Book will make a good slytherin Prefect  character :)

7 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Well I would say it's extremely likely that it's delayed as well. I know minions is a movie tie in, but that shouldn't really matter as the sets have already been revealed  (delays would only make sense if it would spoil the movie) and not all sets are delayed, so that would mean that can hardly be the reason. I think they will just release the sets that were ready in time. Harry Potter hasn't even been officially revealed to the sets to the public yet (only to retailers) so I don't expect an official announcement, but I think that would make them more likely to be delayed. It would otherwise greatly affect the sales. But we'll see I guess. We know enough if we don't see an official reveal within a month (or two).

4 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

Sadly there's nothing hinting towards Crabbe and Goyle at the moment.