Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

That being said, has there been any mention on how (or if) the astronomy tower is meant to connect with the other sets? Are we going to get closer to a "boxed in" Hogwarts playset?

Just now, doclord said:

That being said, has there been any mention on how (or if) the astronomy tower is meant to connect with the other sets? Are we going to get closer to a "boxed in" Hogwarts playset?

yes it connectes.

Just now, deskp said:

yes it connectes.

I should've specified, I figured it would connect, but is there a "proper" way they intend for it to connect?

Against the spirit of LEGO I know but I was curious.

Just now, doclord said:

I should've specified, I figured it would connect, but is there a "proper" way they intend for it to connect?

Against the spirit of LEGO I know but I was curious.

Im sure the box will show it connected a certain place. I imagine between willow and clocktower set

47 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

- a new take on the fireplace and floo powder play feature, it would be cool to see flame pieces in trans green, since the 2010 simplified the whole thing with stickers

Yes! I liked the previous one but we really need trans green flames this time, that's one of the most important details of the burrow. The 2010 one was pretty good, but you could barely even put your fingers inside the rooms.

- double sided faces for Arthur and Molly, the poor 2010 versions had to stay cheerily smiling through the destruction of their home because lego sank all the minifigure budget for the set into Bellatrix and Greyback

LMAO. Molly was awesome, I'm worried they pull a Bellatrix on her too :( (No leg/skirt printing and recycled face)

- Ginny in her bathrobe - seriously lego, if you’re going to insist on recreating this ridiculous scene the movie wasted several minutes and tons of its budget on despite it being nowhere in the books, then you better be prepared to go full throttle 

Touché! Plus, they will still owe us several Ginnys anyway :shrug_oh_well: So dear LEGO, don't even think of skipping any of her variants :wink:

Edited by Otherworld

Just now, deskp said:

Im sure the box will show it connected a certain place. I imagine between willow and clocktower set

Although the Clocktower should technically connect to the back of the great hall, but the box shows it connecting to the Whomping willow section

Just a heads to everyone not to forget that next Wednesday is April Fools Day and I’m sure there will be all kinds of fake leaks and info as pranks 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Just a heads to everyone not to forget that next Wednesday is April Fools Day and I’m sure there will be all kinds of fake leaks and info as pranks 

I'm pretty sure some people will still be reporting ''leaks'' here on that day :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So THATS why we haven't heard any info about Lego Godzilla since last April!!!! 

:sarcasm_smug:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure some people will still be reporting ''leaks'' here on that day :tongue:

What if something real leaks and we think its fake?

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

LMAO. Molly was awesome, I'm worried they pull a Bellatrix on her too :( (No leg/skirt printing and recycled face)

Oh dear lord, I haven't even thought of that. If Lego doesn't deliver, the old figure is thankfully still very good looking. I think that the only thing that would improve it, would be the newer film 1&2 Hermione hairpiece in orange.

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

Oh dear lord, I haven't even thought of that. If Lego doesn't deliver, the old figure is thankfully still very good looking. I think that the only thing that would improve it, would be the newer film 1&2 Hermione hairpiece in orange.

Indeed! They should let her previous mold die, if it’s not already dead..

8 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Indeed! They should let her previous mold die, if it’s not already dead..

The last time it appeared was in 2011 where it was used for Quinlan Vos, so I’d say it’s dead and buried :grin:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The last time it appeared was in 2011 where it was used for Quinlan Vos, so I’d say it’s dead and buried :grin:

I don't know. Sometimes "The dead speak!" Reports have come in from Denmark. Somehow.... Hermione's hair has returned.

Ok I'll stop. The old hair seems just fine and still meets today's standards, if LEGO feels like resurrecting it. With the wide variety of hair pieces now, it always feels unsettling to me when two characters in the same property have the exact same hair.

the new hairpiece is georgeous and it fits Molly perfectly, such an upgrade!

Dobby is the new Hedwig now with more ‘different perspective’-style leaks :snicker:

C’mon, bring on the good stuff! We’re not even halfway through yet :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

11 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

What if something real leaks and we think its fake?

Then we'll just ask people like minilegogo and falconfan

32 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dobby is the new Hedwig now with more ‘different perspective’-style leaks :snicker:

C’mon, bring on the good stuff! We’re not even halfway through yet :laugh:

What do you mean bring on the good stuff?! I'll go on a LEGO set killingspree if we don't get another angle of Hedwig soon :damn:

I think the big change I'd like to see from a new Burrow set would be making it a little wider. The old one was ridiculously cramped, especially on the upper levels. If they were to keep it about the same size though, I could see them expanding the area where they fought or adding Arthur's shed. Either of those could account for the higher price.

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

I think the big change I'd like to see from a new Burrow set would be making it a little wider. The old one was ridiculously cramped, especially on the upper levels. If they were to keep it about the same size though, I could see them expanding the area where they fought or adding Arthur's shed. Either of those could account for the higher price.

I really hope that they expand the building itself and not the fighting area. The whole scene is more or less garbage and I hope they don't use all those precious pieces on some play features for the fight scene. :D

22 minutes ago, Antonin Dulohov said:

“a father-son relationship is important”

Unlessthis has already been worked out, I suspect this means a Barty Crouch Snr minifig.

It's Lucius Malfoy

Edited by Guyon2002

“A father-son relationship is important”

perhaps it’s referring to Hermione’s dad? He played a big role in the book in the battle of hogwarts, so it would make sense, he’s one of the main father like figures to Harry too. I reckon it could likely be him in the CMF.

15 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

perhaps it’s referring to Hermione’s dad? He played a big role in the book in the battle of hogwarts, so it would make sense, he’s one of the main father like figures to Harry too. I reckon it could likely be him in the CMF.

He wasn't in the battle of Hogwarts, right? His memory was wiped earlier by Hermione to protect them from Death Eaters. Her parents were both Muggles. 

19 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Do you mean Ron's dad?

22 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Wait, what? :wacko: No offense, but that’s probably the worst possible choice for a CMF spot out of all the characters the WW has to offer. He’s just a boring, regular muggle. What’s his accessory? An empty picture frame? :head_back: Even the groundskeeper Voldy murders in GoF would be better :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak