Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, KevinMD said:

While I do agree with the poster who said the Malfoys as it was my first thought as well, I’ll go with father Diggory for a different angle.

There is nothing special about the relationships between Weasleys or Potters for that quote to make sense.

This quote is pretty much just as useless as the one about ''a betrayer''. It could mean a relationship between father and son but then which of the 2 is it? It could also mean a father and son relationship between two characters who aren't actually father and son (like Sirius and Harry). Even if we can narrow it down there is no way of figuring out which exact character he's talking about though I'm personally thinking of Lucius and Sirius

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There was a rumor of 2 sets (one of which would cost $100) and a D2C but that rumor has turned into just the $100 set and a D2C

isn't there a set number still for a 2. later release   considering d2c sets have set numebrs out of the normal sets range

75978 and 75980

Edited by deskp

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

isn't there a set number still for a 2. later release   considering d2c sets have set numebrs out of the normal sets range

The D2C now has the setnumber the ''2nd smaller set'' had and D2C sets don't always have a setnumber out of the theme's normal numberrange. Last year's Jurassic World line consisted of setnumbers 75934 through 75938 with the T.Rex Rampage D2C set occupying setnumber 75936

interesting.   So does lego always fill those set number "gaps"?

75077 being overwatch, and 75079 being buildable hedwig.

I just realized that CoS Privet Drive is suddenly not very random at all if they have a D2C Diagon Alley.

Would also have Lucius and Lockhart as popular figures.

1 hour ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I think that’s pretty obviously Lucius Malfoy.

It could be hinting at both a Lucius and a Draco in the cmf. As they said father son relationship I feel like it would refer to both father and son, and the malfoys as they care about family and status while not the most traditional father son dynamic exists between them

6 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

It could be hinting at both a Lucius and a Draco in the cmf. As they said father son relationship I feel like it would refer to both father and son, and the malfoys as they care about family and status while not the most traditional father son dynamic exists between them

We know there’s a Draco coming in the Astronomy Tower. But I would honestly not be upset at all at getting another variant in the CMF, especially if he had Slytherin robes.

I also feel like the top two contenders for the “betrayer” position are Karkaroff and Xenophilius

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We know there’s a Draco coming in the Astronomy Tower. But I would honestly not be upset at all at getting another variant in the CMF, especially if he had Slytherin robes.

Draco in slytherin robes with a ferret would be amazing! The ferret could reuse Hermione's otter mould (there's a bit of a size difference irl but Lego have always had that problem). 

Another hint that you could interpret in different ways... I think it's either Sirius Black, Lucious Malfoy or Arthur Weasley, or maybe all of them. Arthur could come in The Burrow, Sirius and Lucious could come in CMF.

The problem with very broad hints like this is that they could literally be linked to so many things that one of them is almost bound to be right. And the leaker could easily say afterwards that was what he meant all along. So it's always hard to completely trust things like this, even after official reveals. Still the speculation is always fun so I'm not complaining.

I've seen the sets and the CMF and my 'hints' are:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

3) Get away from her you bitch

Let the guessing begin.

Just now, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

Let the guessing begin.

Molly, James Potter and the Terminator.

16 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

Let the guessing begin.

My guess is No. 1 is Lucius and No. 3 is Molly. I got nothing for No. 2

28 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

Let the guessing begin.

1. Lucius, 2. Voldemort, 3. Molly?

I too have seen the sets. I can tell you this:

Never

Gonna 

Give

You

Up

Never

Gonna 

Let

You

Down

Harry Potter will be in at least one of the sets

36 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

Let the guessing begin.

I'm sorry, but without any proof you've seen the sets, i'm not gonna get all excited over what could just be you guessing:shrug_confused:

"Spoiling" that Lucius and Molly are in these sets is about on par with spoiling that they will feature Harry and some wands, yeah.

52 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

1) Lucius

2) Aberforth. He seemed like he had given up, but he continiously helped Dumbledore's Army, and he came back for the Battle of Hogwarts, so that's my guess.

3) Molly Weasley

Edited by RAMcGonagall

49 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

1) I am your father

2) I'll be back

Let the guessing begin.

1) Darth Vader

2) The Terminator

3) Ripley

:tongue:

Wow now I feel like a total dumba$$. I mean obviously I knew these quotes were from other films but I figured they were just trying to be clever with the wording. Now I realize it was a joke to begin with.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Usually I'd step in at this point before this sort of thing spirals, but Rick Rolling on a forum in text is well done.

Let's try to keep it on track though please :thumbup:

Sorry to interrupt what is obviously a highly nuanced and intellectual discussion - and sorry for real if this has been covered already and I missed it because COME ON THIS THREAD IS NINETY-TWO PAGES AND WE DON’T EVEN HAVE SET IMAGES YET - but that one leaked Luna figure with the new (awesome) hair and the sleeveless vest, are we sure the standard ‘full-size legs’ are right and not just the leaker putting the wrong legs on her? Because she’s supposed to be in fourth year during Order of the Phoenix, and they established last year with the two Tournament Harry figures and the Yule Ball versions of the Trio that fourth-year Hogwarfs students are represented using mid-size legs. It’d be weirdly inconsistent for Luna to have full size legs at the same age.

Edited by Feng-huang0296
It was ninety-one pages when I posted this damnit I’m contributing to the madness . .

I genuinely don't think the designers remembered that she is a year below the main cast and/or just thought that giving her shorter legs than the others would be odd.

Alternatively they just didn't want to do short legs in that set.

Edited by doclord