Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

34 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

It just occurred to me that since all the characters are going through redesign for this new (2018-202X) wave, if they ever were to make the Harry Potter games again like Skywalker saga. Would they make it from the ground up including all the new designs for characters, moulds, Hogwarts' new colour palette (grey roofs) etc.

I'm sorry if this sort of post doesn't belong here but I've heard a few other people mention remaking the game on this forum already so I thought it might be okay.

I so hope they re-make the games with all new designs and TT's improvements! I have a feeling they will.

Edited by UKFan922

Just now, gryffindorbrickkid said:

The Greyback does not look that differnt though so that kind of ticked me but i do like the Luna.

Out of The Dobby Greyback Luna Bellatrix Centaur and the cmf guys who do you think is best and worst revealed

I certainly hope that the worst is :D The CMF figures especially were great and I'm optimistic that the remaining seven will be as impressive. I'm a bit nervous though about the other minifigures included in the sets because of the disappointing Bellatrix. I'm hoping for new faceprints.

Wow the owl looks even better in the clearer image. I love the wings.

1 minute ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Out of The Dobby Greyback Luna Bellatrix Centaur and the cmf guys who do you think is best and worst revealed

Worst: Dobby, he just reuses the cmf torso and the smile looks creepy.

Best: Dumbledore, love the new hair/hat combo and the beard in white. And he of course comes with the beautiful Fawkes.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I so hope they re-make the games with all new designs and TT's improvements! 

Perhaps when the fantastic beasts movies get finished. Who knows.

14 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wow the owl looks even better in the clearer image. I love the wings.

Worst: Dobby, he just reuses the cmf torso and the smile looks creepy.

Best: Dumbledore, love the new hair/hat combo and the beard in white. And he of course comes with the beautiful Fawkes.

Perhaps when the fantastic beasts movies get finished. Who knows.

I think the Dobby is okay. He's inclusion is disappointing (because of no Fred&George) but the figure itself is fine. There is no reason for a new torso print and the faceprint might be better when we get a proper look at the figure. And if the figure disappoints, it can easily be replaced by the one from the CMF. Bellatrix, however, is essentially worse than her 10-year-old variant and doesn't even use the new faceprint coming in the CMF. But yeah, we should remain optimistic and certainly afford to get hyped for the remaining seven CMF entries because the nine we've seen so far look fantastic.

Edited by thenudeorganist

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s now a clearer image of the new owl mould in the usual place :thumbup: I have to say, it looks even better now! :sweet: 

:sweet:Owl:wub:

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really hope it doesn't come just with the Hedwig set and possibly Privet Drive. Not interested in those 2 so I'd love it if Hedwig (or a recolor of the same mold) came with the AT

As always I hope for more owls and definitely in other colours since the snowy owl is not that useful outside HP and even in HP Hedwig is really rare compared to the other owl species :shrug_oh_well:

54 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Worst: definetely Dobby, he's essentially the CMF version (which was perfect imo) but worse

Best: from the sets definetely the Centaur, from the CMF it's a tie between Dumbledore and Myrtle

58 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Bellatrix, however, is essentially worse than her 10-year-old variant and doesn't even use the new faceprint coming in the CMF.

We don’t know why, but they don’t reuse faces from the CMF figures, which has also been an issue for some of last year’s minifigs :shrug_confused: I can’t be laziness though, since they specifically created a new faceprint for the calendar version of Flitwick. So there has to be something in the production process that prevents them from repurposing CMF face prints.

Either way, call me crazy, but I prefer the Mantis face print over the 2010 one. The best one is definitely the CMF one though, without a doubt :classic:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Either way, call me crazy, but I prefer the Mantis face print over the 2010 one. The best one is definitely the CMF one though, without a doubt :classic:

I 100% agree, it's better but not good enough

1 hour ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

The Greyback does not look that differnt though so that kind of ticked me but i do like the Luna.

The thing is though it is most likely to come in those sets though:pir-sceptic:

it is practically the old one with the mantis / poison ivy head

The worst one is definitely (for me) Bellatrix. Reused face and no skirt printing. That wouldn't be a problem if the last one didn't have both an exclusive face and skirt printing. This feels like a downgrade (although the torso print is better). I would also like them to finally use dark brown hair, as she clearly doesn't have black hair.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would also like them to finally use dark brown hair, as she clearly doesn't have black hair.

Similair situation to Harry, both have dark brown hair in the movies but black hair in the books. Though Bellatrix's hair is much closer to being black than Harry's

The Owl looks amazing. It’s a shame about the Bellatrix figure since the lack of printing let’s down what is otherwise an excellent figure. The clearer picture of Fawkes looks good.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really hope it doesn't come just with the Hedwig set and possibly Privet Drive. Not interested in those 2 so I'd love it if Hedwig (or a recolor of the same mold) came with the AT

I hope so too. I’m hoping they slip the piece into as many sets as possible. Diagon Alley I imagine could have quite a few.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Similair situation to Harry, both have dark brown hair in the movies but black hair in the books. Though Bellatrix's hair is much closer to being black than Harry's

It would be hard to change Harry's hair because he would look weird, for all those year we have been getting black haired Harry and it would be hard to accept the change. But Bellatrix, on the other hand, is not so iconic (in terms of character and minifig), so it wouldn't really look weird but improved.

How many outfits does Igor have in the movies?

I was originally against the idea of him in the CMF as it would rob something from a set of the ship, but thinking about it he has quite a few different looks so multiple versions are possible:

Arrival: thick white coat, gold staff, hat

Lake task: thick black coat, hat

Yule Ball: white outfit, no hat

Everyday indoor clothes: black outfit, no hat

Which one would people prefer in CMF, Ship, Advent Callander Etc ?

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

How many outfits does Igor have in the movies?

I was originally against the idea of him in the CMF as it would rob something from a set of the ship, but thinking about it he has quite a few different looks so multiple versions are possible:

Arrival: thick white coat, gold staff, hat

Lake task: thick black coat, hat

Yule Ball: white outfit, no hat

Everyday indoor clothes: black outfit, no hat

Which one would people prefer in CMF, Ship, Advent Callander Etc ?

I think that his white thick coat is the most interesting one. It would probably come with the ship but I would like it to be in the CMF since I would probably not purchase the ship. The yule ball variant could be in the calendar. Although, I think we will get two variants of him at most.

Same issue with Hermione :iamded_lol: She has a light brown hair that goes even lighter throughout the movies, but the regular brown is the color they’ve always used for her I guess.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

We don’t know why, but they don’t reuse faces from the CMF figures, which has also been an issue for some of last year’s minifigs :shrug_confused: I can’t be laziness though, since they specifically created a new faceprint for the calendar version of Flitwick. So there has to be something in the production process that prevents them from repurposing CMF face prints

I think they can’t do that with Bellatrix because then, the normal set figure releases before the CMF one and everybody will bei disappointed that the CMF figure has got a reused faceprint.

besides that, we shouldn’t even have known by now or by the Set release that there will be a Bellatrix CMF figure.

Just now, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I think they can’t do that with Bellatrix because then, the normal set figure releases before the CMF one and everybody will bei disappointed that the CMF figure has got a reused faceprint.

Pretty sure it has something to do with the production process and budgets

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Every new angle of the new Hedwig makes it look better and better

True, minilegogo just posted a new one. Was really excited to see a new HP countdown on his story, kinda disappointed it wasn't something new tbh

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

True, minilegogo just posted a new one. Was really excited to see a new HP countdown on his story, kinda disappointed it wasn't something new tbh

I also thought there will be something new today.

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Every new angle of the new Hedwig makes it look better and better

It looks brilliant. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah I was excited for a new leak too, oh well, the owl looks great

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah I was excited for a new leak too, oh well, the owl looks great

Me too. We won’t run out of minifigs and animals to leak for quite a while :grin:

Btw I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed that one of the Frozen sets has a trans blue horse that could work pretty well for Ginny’s Patronus