Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m sure we’ll get another Bellatrix figure down the line and hopefully that one will have skirt printing.

I agree. She makes quite a few appearances in DH (plus the Hermione doppelgänger), so there’s bound to be another one at some point. And as we’ve seen, TLG are not afraid of revamping event recent minifigs (e.g. 2018 PS Dumbledore vs this year’s CoS Dumbledore). 

I wonder what will leak next :excited: Hopefully the patroni (?) or better yet, more minifigs from the alleged Burrow set to finally prove its existence :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder what will leak next :excited: Hopefully the patroni (?) or better yet, more minifigs from the alleged Burrow set to finally prove its existence :thumbup:

At this rhythm, we will probably get even more leaks tomorrow (or hints) :laugh: Who knows..

If the rumored sets turn out to be true, this could be my favorite HP year. But I’m most excited about the brand new sets (not the remakes) Especially Ootp :grin_wub:

Edited by Otherworld

Somehow I'm most excited about the Dursleys. I always love it to get odd characters like. I just hope they give Vernon and Petunia some exclusive face prints to really capture the actors' looks. But they will probably just reuse that brushy moustache head piece.

To be honest idk why many people hate new Bellatrix faceprint. In my opinnion face is more accurate than the one released in 2010. Only bad thing about it is lack of shadding on her eyes.

8 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

To be honest idk why many people hate new Bellatrix faceprint. In my opinnion face is more accurate than the one released in 2010. Only bad thing about it is lack of shadding on her eyes.

Because the recycled face isn’t very accurate for her, it’s too serious, “classy”... or delicate for Bellatrix. Bellatrix is wild, crazy, constantly cackling. So IMO the 2010 one was better. Curious to see what the other side of her CMF looks like, in case she has one.

47 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

Because the face she uses originally comes from Mantis, a Marvel character who loves everything and everyone and you can actually see that in the figure's faces. Bellatrix is an evil psycho, the face looks too friendly for her

53 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Somehow I'm most excited about the Dursleys. I always love it to get odd characters like. I just hope they give Vernon and Petunia some exclusive face prints to really capture the actors' looks. But they will probably just reuse that brushy moustache head piece.

I really think Vernon needs a custom "large" torso.  No disrespect to the late Richard Griffiths, who was a wonderful actor, but I'm pretty sure his character was wider than Robbie Coltrane's Hagrid.  To me, it would look really odd if Vernon and Petunia were exactly the same size.  I know it's LEGO, and I know the previous Vernon figure was normal-sized, but something tells me that, due to the obsessive movie accuracy, there may be a Bombur-like solution.

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I really think Vernon needs a custom "large" torso.  No disrespect to the late Richard Griffiths, who was a wonderful actor, but I'm pretty sure his character was wider than Robbie Coltrane's Hagrid.  To me, it would look really odd if Vernon and Petunia were exactly the same size.  I know it's LEGO, and I know the previous Vernon figure was normal-sized, but something tells me that, due to the obsessive movie accuracy, there may be a Bombur-like solution.

They definitely won't do that. 

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Bombur had a gigantic and extremely charactaristic beard to ''hide'' his belly under. I feel like a new piece to make Vernon wider/fatter would look really weird, imo @just2good and @Ashnflash did a very good job showing off Vernon's size in their custom CMF Series 2 without needing a new, possibly weird looking mold

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bombur had a gigantic and extremely charactaristic beard to ''hide'' his belly under. I feel like a new piece to make Vernon wider/fatter would look really weird, imo @just2good and @Ashnflash did a very good job showing off Vernon's size in their custom CMF Series 2 without needing a new, possibly weird looking mold

Their version of Vernon is fantastic! I really hope that Lego will use the same hairpiece and do a new faceprint for him. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

imo @just2good and @Ashnflash did a very good job showing off Vernon's size in their custom CMF Series 2 without needing a new, possibly weird looking mold

Definitely, sadly the official would never look as good as it won't have a cmf budget. I still want to see their version of Petunia.

I'd prefer Vernon as a regular minifig. LEGO could finally make a "fat body" over the next attachment like a number of artists have done for customs minifig ideas, but if they do then we'll all start to kick and whine every time LEGO doesn't use it where we think they should! :head_back: Just like when they don't use the mid legs or how they've never again used the long arms and legs from the original Toy Story line.

39 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Molly needs to have the year 1-2 Hermione hair piece in orange

That’s a funny coincidence as the 2010 figure used Hermione’s old hairpiece :laugh:. I agree the new one recoloured would look very accurate. 

43 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hadn’t thought of that! *huh* It would be super accurate.

By the way, do you guys think Ginny will reuse her 2010 hairpiece? It’s still the most accurate straight hair I think.

13 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

This is off the current topic but I would be interested to hear your wishlists regarding minifigures and potential sets.

I'd like a James Potter. With Wormtail, Lupin and Sirius out already I'd like to have all four of the marauders.

14 minutes ago, steam235 said:

I'd like a James Potter. With Wormtail, Lupin and Sirius out already I'd like to have all four of the marauders.

I think James and Lily are on a lot of wishlists, but further down because we all kinda know that the likelihood of getting them outside the mirror of erised anytime soon is highly unlikely. 

(Personally, I’d love to see a Marauders era prequel show that lego could then make sets off of, but that’s the sort of wild dreaming that we really aren’t supposed to engage in on this thread)

Now that there is legit stuff to talk about in regards to sets this year, please keep pure wishlisting out.

What do I mean by "pure wishlisting"? Well, until we know exactly what's contained in each of the sets, speculation about details and what will be included is fine, and in fact on topic. Ideas, speculation, and desires about future potential sets is pure wishlisting, and shouldn't be here.

This is all so that a coherent and readable discussion can continue about this year's sets.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think James and Lily are on a lot of wishlists, but further down because we all kinda know that the likelihood of getting them outside the mirror of erised anytime soon is highly unlikely. 

(Personally, I’d love to see a Marauders era prequel show that lego could then make sets off of, but that’s the sort of wild dreaming that we really aren’t supposed to engage in on this thread)

I originally had James and Lily on my CMF predictions (as ghosts) but it seems highly unlikely now with Myrtle being included. But it's not impossible because there are seven spots left and only Ron and Hermione are definitely among them (imo). 

10 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

only Ron and Hermione are definitely among them (imo). 

I think so too, but hope that is not the case :tongue:

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s a really good idea :thumbup: Not only is the old Hermione piece they used for Molly in 2011 no longer in production (I think), but this one fits a lot better as well :sweet: 

8 hours ago, Otherworld said:

By the way, do you guys think Ginny will reuse her 2010 hairpiece? It’s still the most accurate straight hair I think.

There are other, similar hairpieces that have been introduced since the theme went into hibernation in 2011, but I also think that one is still the most accurate. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

It just occurred to me that since all the characters are going through redesign for this new (2018-202X) wave, if they ever were to make the Harry Potter games again like Skywalker saga. Would they make it from the ground up including all the new designs for characters, moulds, Hogwarts' new colour palette (grey roofs) etc.

I'm sorry if this sort of post doesn't belong here but I've heard a few other people mention remaking the game on this forum already so I thought it might be okay.

7 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

It just occurred to me that since all the characters are going through redesign for this new (2018-202X) wave, if they ever were to make the Harry Potter games again like Skywalker saga. Would they make it from the ground up including all the new designs for characters, moulds, Hogwarts' new colour palette (grey roofs) etc.

I'm sorry if this sort of post doesn't belong here but I've heard a few other people mention remaking the game on this forum already so I thought it might be okay.

The chances of getting a remake are really small but if they do so it would be build from the ground up. The mechanics from the old Harry Potter games are incredibly outdated compared to today's standards. But I don't think a remake is really necessary as it would basically be the same as the old game but a bit different, I'd rather get a standalone story set in the Harry Potter world (TT Games have already proven they're capable of pulling such things off with TFA and the Marvel and DC games)

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s now a clearer image of the new owl mould in the usual place :thumbup: I have to say, it looks even better now! :sweet: 

Really hope it doesn't come just with the Hedwig set and possibly Privet Drive. Not interested in those 2 so I'd love it if Hedwig (or a recolor of the same mold) came with the AT

The Greyback does not look that differnt though so that kind of ticked me but i do like the Luna.

Out of The Dobby Greyback Luna Bellatrix Centaur and the cmf guys who do you think is best and worst revealed

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The chances of getting a remake are really small but if they do so it would be build from the ground up. The mechanics from the old Harry Potter games are incredibly outdated compared to today's standards. But I don't think a remake is really necessary as it would basically be the same as the old game but a bit different, I'd rather get a standalone story set in the Harry Potter world (TT Games have already proven they're capable of pulling such things off with TFA and the Marvel and DC games)

Really hope it doesn't come just with the Hedwig set and possibly Privet Drive. Not interested in those 2 so I'd love it if Hedwig (or a recolor of the same mold) came with the AT

The thing is though it is most likely to come in those sets though:pir-sceptic:

18 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m sure we’ll get another Bellatrix figure down the line and hopefully that one will have skirt printing. The centaur looks amazing! I can’t wait to get multiples of that set! 

it is practically the old one with the mantis / poison ivy head

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid