Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I disagree, if they’re going to reuse a face for Dudley, it has to be this one: 

The other ones are too nice and innocent for Big D :tongue:

That's possible too 

Another post from _kingnono_. This one doesn't have a quote, but just says "a betrayer will join the collection"... I assume the "collection" refers to the cmf, and I have a feeling this could be Wormtail, since he betrayed Lily and James; or Snape, but he never really betrayed anyone... It could also be Mundungus Fletcher, because of his flee in the flight of 7 Potters. My wild imagination wants it to be Regulus Black, as he betrayed Voldemort by getting the locket, but he's not in the films, so it's unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Another post from _kingnono_. This one doesn't have a quote, but just says "a betrayer will join the collection"... I assume the "collection" refers to the cmf, and I have a feeling this could be Wormtail, since he betrayed Lily and James; or Snape, but he never really betrayed anyone... It could also be Mundungus Fletcher, because of his flee in the flight of 7 Potters. My wild imagination wants it to be Regulus Black, as he betrayed Voldemort by getting the locket, but he's not in the films, so it's unlikely. 

Interesting, I think it has to refer to either Wormtail or Mundungus. Don't really like the idea of either of them being in the CMF. The Rise of Voldemort Wormtail was nearly perfect imo (apart from the hair) and there aren't any interesting variants of him. Personally I'm not interested in Mundungus because he'd be a rather plain minifigure imo. Though it's always good to get new characters. 

EDIT:

Just realized that there are more betrayals. Narcissa Malfoy betrays Voldemort and would be a good addition. Xenophilius Lovegood betrays the trio because he wants to save Luna. I still think that it has to be Wormtail or Mundungus though.

Edited by thenudeorganist

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

Interesting, I think it has to refer to either Wormtail or Mundungus. Don't really like the idea of either of them being in the CMF. The Rise of Voldemort Wormtail was nearly perfect imo (apart from the hair) and there aren't any interesting variants of him. Personally I'm not interested in Mundungus because he'd be a rather plain minifigure imo. Though it's always good to get new characters.

Yeah, while Wormtail would be good for people who don't have the Rise of Voldemort set, it would be a waste of a spot

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, while Wormtail would be good for people who don't have the Rise of Voldemort set, it would be a waste of a spot

I agree, the set is pretty cheap and still in stores. It would be a waste unless he had a new hair mould and a good accessory.

I wouldn’t mind if we got a worm tail that was mid transformation. Like have a new hair mold with rat ears.

I'm not too bothered about Bellatrix not having skirt printing - I think she looks good as she is. 

She wears the same outfit in the Department of Mysteries, so it's possible she could get a printed piece if that set ever gets made and she was included. 

I think her outfit in Malfoy Manor and the Battle of Hogwarts is slightly different though, but I haven't seen the later films for ages so I'm not 100% sure. 

Just now, Seaber said:

I'm not too bothered about Bellatrix not having skirt printing - I think she looks good as she is. 

She wears the same outfit in the Department of Mysteries, so it's possible she could get a printed piece if that set ever gets made and she was included. 

I think her outfit in Malfoy Manor and the Battle of Hogwarts is slightly different though, but I haven't seen the later films for ages so I'm not 100% sure. 

Hermione doesn't wear her exact clothes when using Polyjuice Potion in Deathly Hallows, so if she was in the Diagon Alley D2C, maybe she'd have different printing and possibly a printed skirt

Just now, 7982Brick2 said:

I wouldn’t mind if we got a worm tail that was mid transformation. Like have a new hair mold with rat ears.

Didn't think about that lol. That would be quite wild :D I'm still waiting for a werewolf Lupin, which we should get first. I'm desperately hoping for a Shrieking Shack remake.

3 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Didn't think about that lol. That would be quite wild :D I'm still waiting for a werewolf Lupin, which we should get first. I'm desperately hoping for a Shrieking Shack remake.

It would be weird to have the entrance on the Whomping Willow without doing a Shrieking Shack somewhere down the line

Of the ''betrayers'' mentioned above I would definetely like to see Narcissa most. The Wormtail we have is perfect and Fletcher is a pretty meh character. It would be awesome to see her with a brand new dualmolded hairpiece!

21 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hermione doesn't wear her exact clothes when using Polyjuice Potion in Deathly Hallows, so if she was in the Diagon Alley D2C, maybe she'd have different printing and possibly a printed skirt

Great point! 

This betrayer hint is way too vague. Off the top of my head, Wormtail, Mundungus, Karkaroff, Cho, Draco Malfoy, Snape, Xenophilius, Percy, Regulus, Bagshot and Thickness could all be said to betray someone in some way in the films. 

I can't see it being any of the four characters we've got before from that hint, anyway. 

Just now, Seaber said:

This betrayer hint is way too vague. Off the top of my head, Wormtail, Mundungus, Karkaroff, Cho, Draco Malfoy, Snape, Xenophilius, Percy, Regulus, Bagshot and Thickness could all be said to betray someone in some way in the films. 

Oh boy, I really hope it's Karkaroff or Xenophilius. I feel like Thickness would be cool, but he's a pretty bland character in terms of his design

Just now, tino92 said:

Betrayer might be Percy Weasley

Percy didn't really betray his family in the movies, he just.... disappeared for a few years

I was thinking, could Percy been seen as a betrayer? It wasn't really in the movies, but it was a pretty big deal in the books. Not as badly as a Wormtail ofcourse, but still.

I also love the alernate expression for Luna. The legs still look strange on her though.

Fenrir is also growing on me seeing his second expression.

Also this is my 1000th post, whoohoo:laugh:

Well in movies Percy appears in OotP together with Ministry, bringing Harry and Cho in to Dumbledors office. I was thinking Wormtail and Cho but we already have their figures and message says "WILL JOIN" meaning we dont have this figure already. This is just my thoughts 

The hint is very vague but I think it has to mean someone who is known for betraying, therefore, Wormtail (his betrayal was the reason for Harry's parents' demise and so on...) and Mundungus (the only notable thing he did was betraying) are the main suspects. Percy was always a self-indulgent douchebag and only a minor character in the films so I don't believe that he is in question. Personally, I'm hoping for either Narcissa or Karkaroff who are both possible because the most notable thing they did, was to betray Voldemort.

Edited by thenudeorganist

Rita Skeeter would another one checked off my wishlist so that would be great. I hope the “betrayer” is Karkaroff. Kind of a vague hint when it comes to HP

I think it’s most likely Xenophilius. I‘m not 100% sure but isn’t Ron calling him a coward or a betrayer?

the first character that comes to my mind when talking about betrayal ist wormtail - but I just don’t think they will do another version.

As the LEGO designers are so in love with Luna it just have to be her father ?

Another thing I thought about is that Regulus Black only appeared in a picture wich could be the reason that there is no quote for him. But I think it’s really unlikely.

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

It just hit me that Lockhart actually betrayed Harry and Ron in CoS. He is a fan favourite so it could be possible... 

Ooooh that's a good point. Well in the end there are an insane amount of betrayers inside the world of Harry Potter. But I guess Wormtail is the only one who can solely be described with that one word.

11 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

But I guess Wormtail is the only one who can solely be described with that one word.

Exactly. The other hints thus far have been rather straightforward, so I assume this is meant to be interpreted in the most literal way, ergo Wormtail. I don’t mind as long as they give him a new hairpiece, which was the only issue I had with the latest version :laugh:

I'm pretty sure it's Karkaroff (and am also wildly hopeful). I'm pretty sure there's a line in the Goblet of Fire book where Voldemort says something very similar to the quote like 'One has betrayed me forever...he will be punished.' 

Also there's pictures of the pirate hideout now and there's a new (I think) print in there of an old-timey looking letter on tan. Maybe this could be used for Privet Drive? 

I think Wormtail wears the same costume through the films, with just his hand colour changing. 

He has a different costume in the old Order photo, and is seen in his Hogwarts robes in a flashback, but only very briefly. 

Doesn't seem like a good candidate for a CMF to me.