Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, doclord said:

It's a little funny to me that they introduced this new skirt piece and yet barely ever (maybe never come to think of it) print anything on it unless it's CMF. It really looks bad without print most of the time, even if it's MUCH better than the old slope piece.

A larger proportion of its prints have been outside of CMF series, see here. A lot from Star Wars, and many in premium or exclusive sets like big D2Cs or the Chinese New Year dinner, but not all.

Clearly the Harry Potter line isn't quite given the budget it truly "needs" to deliver everything they're trying to deliver and the design team has to make choices. Even still, as fans we can critique, as I have done before about some of the choices in the last wave.

For instance, the executioner in the Hagrid's Hut is nice, but I'd rather have a proper face for Krum if it was a choice between the executioner and that. Even Fenrir Greyback, he's a fine character and they've done a good job, but he's hardly important or memorable and I would've rather had a proper face and printed dress for Bellatrix.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone else think Arthur Weasley should use the 12th Doctor hair piece in orange? (If he’s included of course)

The receding hairline would certainly work better than the hairpiece they used in 2010. 

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

A larger proportion of its prints have been outside of CMF series, see here. A lot from Star Wars, and many in premium or exclusive sets like big D2Cs or the Chinese New Year dinner, but not all.

Clearly the Harry Potter line isn't quite given the budget it truly "needs" to deliver everything they're trying to deliver and the design team has to make choices. Even still, as fans we can critique, as I have done before about some of the choices in the last wave.

For instance, the executioner in the Hagrid's Hut is nice, but I'd rather have a proper face for Krum if it was a choice between the executioner and that. Even Fenrir Greyback, he's a fine character and they've done a good job, but he's hardly important or memorable and I would've rather had a proper face and printed dress for Bellatrix.

Very good way of putting it, especially since the previous version of Greyback is still, shall we say, acceptable. It’s worth mentioning that the Hux legs they use now line up pretty well with the printing on the original Greyback figure. Bellatrix is a fan favorite villain and she really needed the dress printing. The Dobby repeat has dual molded short legs (which is great) but Bellatrix doesn’t have dress printing. Sometimes their priorities go over my head. But how can I complain when we’re getting centaurs

Is there any word on whether the room of requirment and the clocktower will be able to attach to hogwarts? Im a sucker for those hogwarts attachments

8 hours ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

The Luna Figure is good. I like that they included her chain and the only thing I would change from the torso print is that I would have loved it if they would have done a better transition from the jumper to the arms with a print. (I hope you understand what I mean.) And the leg size thing is really annoying.

Like the torso design for Luna in the leaked CMF cover? As for this Luna minifig, I would change the white arms to DBG to match the torso.

43 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Exactly! You know that feeling of first sight with minifigures? When we saw the minifigs from the Burrow back in 2010 for the first time, we all fell in love with them, they all had their own identity, uniqueness and newness.

However, seeing this new Bellatrix felt like seeing a custom, something old, or without her resemblance. I’m probably rambling and exaggerating, but yeah. :roflmao: Oh well, at least she got a CMF spot.

47 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Is there any word on whether the room of requirment and the clocktower will be able to attach to hogwarts? Im a sucker for those hogwarts attachments

Astronomy Tower attaches, the RoR probably doesn't, but some people have said it does:shrug_oh_well:

Am I going crazy or was Kingsley Shacklebolt not featured - exactly as he appears in the new CMF series - on the cover of the new Harry Potter LEGO search and find book? He’s no longer there! Did they change the cover art?

Edited by sebastian666

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Am I going crazy or was Kingsley Shacklebolt not featured - exactly as he appears in the new CMF series - on the cover of the new Harry Potter LEGO search and find book? He’s no longer there! Did they change the cover art?

He did..

Glad to see that both Luna and Greyback have alternate facial expressions :thumbup: But the unprinted dress for Bellatrix looks even more jarring now :hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The receding hairline would certainly work better than the hairpiece they used in 2010. 

The mr incredible hair also could similarly work. I think the 12th doctor hair looks too aggressive/dynamic for Arthur 

New quote teased on ig #legoleaks

Hmm.. this is cosy

Is that a rita skeeter line, I'm not sure?

Idk why but I find Bellatrix's faceprint more annoying than the lack of printing on her dress. She almost looks like a nice person who goes around giving everyone flowers, which is the exact opposite of what Bellatrix is supposed to look like. Luna's alternate face is great, Greyback is whatever

4 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Hmm.. this is cosy

Yes, she says that when she interviews Harry in GoF. Please let her be in the CMF, it would be delightful.

5 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Hmm.. this is cosy

Yup, that's definetely Skeeter. If this guy is legit that would mean she is one of the remaining 7 CMF figures

Just now, DNSNVN01 said:

Hmm.. this is cosy

I think so she says it before she’s about to interview Harry in Goblet of Fire. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Idk why but I find Bellatrix's faceprint more annoying than the lack of printing on her dress. She almost looks like a nice person who goes around giving everyone flowers, which is the exact opposite of what Bellatrix is supposed to look like. Luna's alternate face is great, Greyback is whatever

Yeah, I was expecting more of a deranged smile/evil cackle face than the neutral one they gave her.

Man I'm in love with that Luna figure, her alternate face is so adorable! It's good to see her with more expression than she had in the cmf series, where she just had two neutral faces. 

Yeah, the reused faceprint is annoying, but at least we’re getting the CMF, which more than makes up for that in my book :laugh: That’s a luxury Krum didn’t have :grin: I wonder if there are other reused faceprints for the remaining minifigs...

I can see them reusing prints for Dudley, Petunia, Umbridge and Slughorn, but Vernon, Draco, Lavender and the Weasleys (if the rumours are true) should all have new ones. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I can see them reusing prints for Dudley, Petunia, Umbridge and Slughorn, but Vernon, Draco, Lavender and the Weasleys (if the rumours are true) should all have new ones. 

Calling it now: Dudley will use the INCREDIBLY common and overused small kid face

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego tim murphy

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Calling it now: Dudley will use the INCREDIBLY common and overused small kid face

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego tim murphy

I personally thought they were gonna use a meaner looking face like the 2011 Goyle face. Just cos he's big D and all that

Just now, DNSNVN01 said:

I personally thought they were gonna use a meaner looking face like the 2011 Goyle face. Just cos he's big D and all that

They use this head and the just slightly altered female version for a ton of kid minifigures even if it doesn't resemble the actual character (*cough* Lex and Tim *cough*)

I disagree, if they’re going to reuse a face for Dudley, it has to be this one: 

sw0844.jpg

The other ones are too nice and innocent for Big D :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak