Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"I wish to enter my vault" - Gringotts Bank.

What every LEGO Harry Potter fan will be saying once the sets come to shelves :laugh:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with the Burrow. Still holding out for it to be wedding themed. I agree with Guyon2002 in regards to a hypothetical MoM set. As gorgeous as it looks on screen, it’s just so vast an £100 set wouldn’t do it justice. I’ve also noticed a lot of the Duel sets from this line and the Star Wars line tend to be smaller, focused more on little play features they can slip in.

31 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

What every LEGO Harry Potter fan will be saying once the sets come to shelves :laugh:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with the Burrow. Still holding out for it to be wedding themed. I agree with Guyon2002 in regards to a hypothetical MoM set. As gorgeous as it looks on screen, it’s just so vast an £100 set wouldn’t do it justice. I’ve also noticed a lot of the Duel sets from this line and the Star Wars line tend to be smaller, focused more on little play features they can slip in.

I also agree that it is more likely that the 100€ set is the Burrow. I'd also like for it to be wedding themed but I doubt it will be. Because of the Azkaban variant of Bellatrix in the CMF, I'd say that it is very likely that we will get her "normal" variant in Autumn. That means that we are getting HBP Burrow OR a MoM set. This is very speculative though.

Edited by thenudeorganist

37 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with the Burrow. Still holding out for it to be wedding themed.

If we are getting a Burrow, I find that to be a distinct possibility. Not only would that provide opportunity for more new Weasleys (i.e. Bill), but just more interesting characters in general. Plus, Bellatrix did crash the wedding, so she could appear in either era for the Burrow.

Also, considering the absolute vitriol book fans have had for the HBP Burrow fight for the past decade, LEGO might see going with that route again as a bit risky.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Quote from kingNono: "can't say to much about, but every quote has to do with a minifigure or a place that we get in Lego in a few months". 

Just now, TurboTj-DK said:

Quote from kingNono: "can't say to much about, but every quote has to do with a minifigure or a place that we get in Lego in a few months". 

And he just posted another quote that said "I was just wondering when Harry got here", which is Ginny from the start of HBP, in the Burrow

29 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

If we are getting a Burrow, I find that to be a distinct possibility. Not only would that provide opportunity for more new Weasleys (i.e. Bill), but just more interesting characters in general. Plus, Bellatrix did crash the wedding, so she could appear in either era for the Burrow.

Also, considering the absolute vitriol book fans have had for the HBP Burrow fight for the past decade, LEGO might see going with that route again as a bit risky.

Bellatrix only appeared at the Burrow in that stupid fightscene from HBP, she wasn't present at the wedding attack in the film and I'm pretty sure she wasn't there in the book either

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Bellatrix only appeared at the Burrow in that stupid fightscene from HBP, she wasn't present at the wedding attack in the film and I'm pretty sure she wasn't there in the book either

Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the LEGO game version for some reason.

What do you guys think about the release time?

Will LEGO hold the release date for June or will Corona stop the release.

10 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I’m betting release time remains the same but the way things are going no one knows for sure. Usually I go out on release date to pick them up which was a really nice tradition but  I’ll probably order them from online this year. I foresee a huge surge in Lego Shop sales since they are still open and Lego Stores are closed.

Edited by RODDY

8 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Well, it depends on when it ends. Experts were saying August last I checked, so maybe the sets will come September or October? I doubt June will still happen

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's just speculation. We don't know the piece count, and your 5000 pieces out of nowhere is just a guess. Lego doesn't work like that, it could have 5000 pieces, it could have 3000 pieces. 

Minifigure count also doesn't work like that. There could be 10 minifigs, there could be 20 minifigs. You can expect it to have 20 minifigs, but that's pure speculation. Just a wild guess.

Speculating at this point, without any information other than the price, doesn't make any sense and is pointless. I could say it has 4000 pcs with 800 per build and includes 15 minifigures. Guess as good as yours. P.S. It's D2C, not DTC :wink:

We are still not sure, but I guess in 6 they are big enough to wear normal legs.

Correct, this is just speculation. My calculation of the piece count is based on other large sets. Original diagonal alley is 7.4c, Ghostbusters Firehouse 7.6c, Joker Manor 7.8c. So while LEGO doesn’t work exactly like that, past sets are the best indicators for future sets. A $400, 3000 piece set would be a serious outlier. 

There’s a lot of pointless speculation at this point, so I figured I’d chime in. LEGO gave us 10 figures in the great hall for $100. 10 figures in a $400 would be pretty I consistent. I knew DTC didn’t look quite right. Hoping for more concrete info soon. 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where did you get that PPR of 0,08 per piece from? Most Harry Potter sets have had a PPR in between 0,10 and 0,16 per piece. The only major exeption is the Hogwarts Castle D2C set but that one contained mostly small pieces

The 8cents/piece is an estimation from other large, licensed sets. Previous Diagon Alley, Ghosbusters Firehouse and Joker Manor were all below 8c/piece.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Definitely fake. If there‘s one thing we learned with the 2019 sets, it‘s that they don‘t reuse CMF prints :grin:

Good question. I think they‘ll have the mid-legs for year five because of the Luna CMF but it‘s hard to tell for year 6. Year 7 will definitely be regular legs as evidenced by Cedric :shrug_oh_well:

Personally I think it's possible to read too much into the different leg sizes by year. I mean we've gotten both short legs and mid-legs to represent third years, all of which were for the main characters! And then a second year Neville had mid legs while Draco had short legs in the cmf. The Lego designers clearly don't seem to be aiming for a proper consistency with the whole theme together but instead seem to be going from wave to wave picking whichever fits. I feel like they'll only have different leg sizes if they want one character to be clearly shorter than the other, so we'll get mid-legs for this wave for all the main students (including Ginny and Luna despite them being a year younger) just so kids won't get confused about the size difference. Maybe that's why Wormtail didn't have mid-legs, so that kids didn't get confused thinking he was meant to be a teenager. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Maybe that's why Wormtail didn't have mid-legs, so that kids didn't get confused thinking he was meant to be a teenager. 

I don't think anyone could look at a mid-legs Wormtail and say ''Yeah, pretty sure he's a teenager''

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Where has the MOM set rumour come from? 

No where. Just pure speculation from what I can tell. 

The $100 set seems it could be the burrow, as someone who hinted at Diagon Alley before we knew that was coming is now hinting at that.

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Where has the MOM set rumour come from? 

Mere speculation I think. Being the climax of OotP, it would be a logical choice for one of the sets in this wave. But sadly it looks like that we will have to wait for it a bit more.

4 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Mere speculation I think. Being the climax of OotP, it would be a logical choice for one of the sets in this wave. But sadly it looks like that we will have to wait for it a bit more.

8 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

No where. Just pure speculation from what I can tell. 

The $100 set seems it could be the burrow, as someone who hinted at Diagon Alley before we knew that was coming is now hinting at that.

Cheers guys, it’s getting very confusing as to what news is real here and what’s just pure speculation. 

I just rewatched DHI and I think the wedding tent would make a great standalone set, CoS and HBP gives us plenty of Burrow options as it is if that is indeed the £/$/€100 set. 

Another couple of things 2020 is bringing us that's interesting - figures in the CMF may get slightly redesigned and included in sets, so we can't conclude that because X was in the CMF, they'll never appear in a set. Also, Lego are happy to re-release a major element, such as the Flying Ford Anglia. 

7 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Also, Lego are happy to re-release a major element, such as the Flying Ford Anglia. 

I'm hoping the Anglia is 8 wide like the new Speed Champions sets, then it could fit 4 figures.

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I'm hoping the Anglia is 8 wide like the new Speed Champions sets, then it could fit 4 figures.

That would be cool but it'll probably be exactly the same as the previous one

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I hope it got a hook at the back of the car so that you can put a chain/rope around the window, so you can make the escape from privit drive 

Something like the first one 

Edited by TurboTj-DK

I still think a burrow set is the best place to put in Bellatrix, people might not be the biggest fan of the scene, but most people love the dynamic (is that the right word?) between Bellatrix and Molly, so it would be only fitting to put them into the same set.

The YouTuber Ashnflash recently uploaded a video on some new pipe pieces from Lego Friends. I think if they were in a transparent brown colour, they'd work well for the pipes at the entrance for the Chamber of Secrets, where Harry, Ron and Lockhart go down them in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.