Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

HBP is my favourite movie (after 1 and 2) and the Lavender-Hermione-Ron love rivalry and Draco's characterisation are some of my favourite aspects of it. 

I so hope we'll get Draco's iconic black suit, and I really hope Lavender has her hair with a bow style. 

If the $400 DTC Diagon Alley is real:

$0.08/piece = 5000 pieces. 
If it’s the same 5 builds from the microscale set (gringotts, ollivanders, flourish and blotts, quality quidditch supplies, WWW’s) that’s 1000 pieces per building. 
Original Diagon Alley set was app. 675 pieces per building, and had 10 figures. The Great Hall also had 10 figures. I’d expect the new set to have closer to 20 figures.

1 hour ago, DrDrewBlood said:

If it’s the same 5 builds from the microscale set (gringotts, ollivanders, flourish and blotts, quality quidditch supplies, WWW’s) that’s 1000 pieces per building. 
Original Diagon Alley set was app. 675 pieces per building, and had 10 figures. The Great Hall also had 10 figures. I’d expect the new set to have closer to 20 figures.

I’m going to try not to get my hopes too high for quite that many figures but I would be very surprised (and definitely disappointed) if we didn’t get a good number of them. I would hope we at least get more than 10 (which I believe is the highest number of figures in a set since the reboot of the theme).

8 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's good, because that's what I'm doing at the moment :laugh:

Last time I checked Hamleys had loads of them for just £20, in store (including at St. Pancras International)

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good point, Draco, Ron, and Lavender don't have appropriate costumes to go along with the others...

How about Draco after he's hit with Sectumsempra, Ron after having been poisoned and Lavender after Greyback started munching on her... Wait, wrong film :laugh_hard: Ok, that's bit mean, but these two characters stand for my two least favorite subplots in the entire franchise and both happen to be in HBP. The Draco subplot was far too obvious for my liking (he's repairing a vanishing cabinet in the RoR, gee, I wOnDeR wHaT hE's uP tOo) and the lubby-dubby subplot makes my skin crawl. I really like HBP otherwise, but OotP is just far superior IMO. So I don't mind at all that LEGO also seem to prioritise OotP :grin:

I agree, HBP is one of my least favourite films and apart from the cave and the burrow I just don’t think there’s much exciting potential for sets. I’m sure the Astronomy Tower will look really good but the lack of the big final fight with the Death Eaters that the film omitted means its less interesting to me. 

That being said, I’m glad OotP is getting at least two good sets and I’m pretty sure the other August set will be the ministry because I doubt there would be two £100 half blood prince sets at the same time. That would also fill the absence of Gambon’s Dumbledore, which the Burrow would not. Fingers crossed! 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I agree, HBP is one of my least favourite films and apart from the cave and the burrow I just don’t think there’s much exciting potential for sets. I’m sure the Astronomy Tower will look really good but the lack of the big final fight with the Death Eaters that the film omitted means its less interesting to me. 

That being said, I’m glad OotP is getting at least two good sets and I’m pretty sure the other August set will be the ministry because I doubt there would be two £100 half blood prince sets at the same time. That would also fill the absence of Gambon’s Dumbledore, which the Burrow would not. Fingers crossed! 

Gambon’s Dumbledore appeared in the CMF series and the Clocktower. Or do you mean specifically a version from OOTP?

Anyone else think that the CMF series 15 Faun would work really well with the new centaur piece?Especially as the faun was based off of Mr Tumnus from the Chronicles of Narnia, which also contains Centaurs which are slightly similar in looks (eg long horizontal ears).

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Gambon’s Dumbledore appeared in the CMF series and the Clocktower. Or do you mean specifically a version from OOTP?

Yeah I got the one from the CMF, I just meant him being included this year as well as normal version for the people who missed the CMF 

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Anyone else think that the CMF series 15 Faun would work really well with the new centaur piece?Especially as the faun was based off of Mr Tumnus from the Chronicles of Narnia, which also contains Centaurs which are slightly similar in looks (eg long horizontal ears).

I do, best way to make a yellow one.

8 hours ago, DrDrewBlood said:

That's just speculation. We don't know the piece count, and your 5000 pieces out of nowhere is just a guess. Lego doesn't work like that, it could have 5000 pieces, it could have 3000 pieces. 

Minifigure count also doesn't work like that. There could be 10 minifigs, there could be 20 minifigs. You can expect it to have 20 minifigs, but that's pure speculation. Just a wild guess.

Speculating at this point, without any information other than the price, doesn't make any sense and is pointless. I could say it has 4000 pcs with 800 per build and includes 15 minifigures. Guess as good as yours. P.S. It's D2C, not DTC :wink:

6 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Will the Harry and the other year 5 and 6’s wear Mid Legs or regular legs?

We are still not sure, but I guess in 6 they are big enough to wear normal legs.

10 hours ago, DrDrewBlood said:

Where did you get that PPR of 0,08 per piece from? Most Harry Potter sets have had a PPR in between 0,10 and 0,16 per piece. The only major exeption is the Hogwarts Castle D2C set but that one contained mostly small pieces

New Harry and Luna fjigures have leaked, the RoR ones. Though I personally don't think they're real as Harry reuses Ron's CMF torso and Luna is a mix of several existing parts. We'll have to wait and see I guess

No. That's not it. Harry uses normal black hair, CMF head, CMF Ron's torso and black legs. Luna uses CMF hair and hair, CMF Cho's torso with white hands and black legs. Definitely fake.

But on the good side of news, there's this guy on Insta, _kingnono_, that's teasing a Diagon Alley D2C. Two quotes he posted (first one a week ago, second one today). Don't know if he's legit tho.

"Don't forget to speak very, very clearly" - that's the wall that's the entrance to DA.

"I wish to enter my vault" - Gringotts Bank.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Definitely fake. If there‘s one thing we learned with the 2019 sets, it‘s that they don‘t reuse CMF prints :grin:

8 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Will the Harry and the other year 5 and 6’s wear Mid Legs or regular legs?

Good question. I think they‘ll have the mid-legs for year five because of the Luna CMF but it‘s hard to tell for year 6. Year 7 will definitely be regular legs as evidenced by Cedric :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"Don't forget to speak very, very clearly" - that's the wall that's the entrance to DA.

The first quote is actually said by Mrs Weasley in the Burrow before they travel to Diagon Alley by Floo Powder. 

The second I believe is said by Hermione Polyjuice into Bellatrix in DH, but I'm not 100% sure. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But on the good side of news, there's this guy on Insta, _kingnono_, that's teasing a Diagon Alley D2C. Two quotes he posted (first one a week ago, second one today). Don't know if he's legit tho.

His first quote has been discussed before but looking at the amount of posts and followers he has I don't think he's a credible source. He most likely knows as much as we do and is just blindly teasing us

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Definitely fake. If there‘s one thing we learned with the 2019 sets, it‘s that they don‘t reuse CMF prints :grin:

Well there's dobby now.

Anyway, these two pictures of Harry and Luna were definitely custom, ofcourse he's denying it, says he couldn't find the right face. Sigh...

23 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The first quote is actually said by Mrs Weasley in the Burrow before they travel to Diagon Alley by Floo Powder. 

The second I believe is said by Hermione Polyjuice into Bellatrix in DH, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Oh that's right, messed up the first quote. 

43 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well there's dobby now.

Anyway, these two pictures of Harry and Luna were definitely custom, ofcourse he's denying it, says he couldn't find the right face. Sigh...

I’ve given him a bit of a talk, it’s a shame really, the figures WILL leak or if they don’t, we’ll see them when the sets come out- he just wants this little bit of ‘fame’ ?

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good question. I think they‘ll have the mid-legs for year five because of the Luna CMF but it‘s hard to tell for year 6. Year 7 will definitely be regular legs as evidenced by Cedric :shrug_oh_well:

Actually, Cedric was in Year 6 in GoF, which implies that 6th Years will use standard legs. (This also aligns with Marcus Flint from 2018, who was a 6th Year in PS.) As for Year 5...

Well, both Luna and Cho in the CMF were taken from their respective 5th years, and both had mid-legs. However, Oliver Wood from 2018 was also a 5th Year, and had standard legs. As for 2020, we've been told that Luna in her dress will have "printed normal legs," implying that 5th Years will use standard legs. However, since the Astronomy Tower is a set that will be populated otherwise with 6th Years, they might've just made her the same height as them to keep consistency, so we might get mid-legs for Harry and Hermione in the OotP sets.

One thing's for sure, though. If we get standard legs for Luna in the RoR (i.e. a 4th Year), we riot.

So if we end up getting only the 100€ set and the D2C in Autumn, do you still think that the 100€ set will be the Ministry of Magic? If yes, what would the larger MoM set include? In addition to the Atrium and the Hall of prophecies, could we get the Veil even though it is tied to Sirius's death? It would also be delightful to get builds of some sorts to represent Voldemort's and Dumbeldoor's spells during their duel. In a 100€ set we would probably get up to 10 minifigures, so it would be interesting to see which ones would be in the set and which ones in the CMF series like Kingsley. I personally think that Harry, Dundlebore, Tonks, Ginny, Voldemort, Bellatrix, and two masked death eaters would be included. I feel like Lucius and Sirius (both integral to the battle) could be in the CMF series, thus avoiding a death scene and possibly providing a new mold for Lucius's cane. Also getting two masked death eaters would be great for army building (even though personally I'm not interested in it). What do you guys think?

So, there’s yet another tease on IG by the same user. This time being “I was only wondering when Harry got here”. Clearly the burrow. 

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

So if we end up getting only the 100€ set and the D2C in Autumn, do you still think that the 100€ set will be the Ministry of Magic? If yes, what would the larger MoM set include? In addition to the Atrium and the Hall of prophecies, could we get the Veil even though it is tied to Sirius's death? It would also be delightful to get builds of some sorts to represent Voldemort's and Dumbeldoor's spells during their duel. In a 100€ set we would probably get up to 10 minifigures, so it would be interesting to see which ones would be in the set and which ones in the CMF series like Kingsley. I personally think that Harry, Dundlebore, Tonks, Ginny, Voldemort, Bellatrix, and two masked death eaters would be included. I feel like Lucius and Sirius (both integral to the battle) could be in the CMF series, thus avoiding a death scene and possibly providing a new mold for Lucius's cane. Also getting two masked death eaters would be great for army building (even though personally I'm not interested in it). What do you guys think?

I personally don't think a Ministry of Magic set for 100 euro would sell well. The battle takes place in a few different areas that don't really flow together that well so the set would probably end up looking like a cobbled together mess. Imo it would be better to make two smaller sets, one centered around the Fountain of Magical Brethren and the other centered around the Veil. I find the Burrow much more likely

6 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

So, there’s yet another tease on IG by the same user. This time being “I was only wondering when Harry got here”. Clearly the burrow. 

Or only Ginny ;)