Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Would have been nice though. But i agree with you probably too LOTR to be done. 

Edited by Jeankeb

22 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

I was wondering if the Centaurs would look better if you use the LOTR orc ears/hair combo, because the Centaurs also have big pointed ears. *huh*

latest?cb=20120606185542

_20190706_145619

That's what I did with Medium dark flesh ones. 

6 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

Hello there! I finally decided to create a profile here, therefore, I shall post my thoughts and predictions regarding the last seven spots of the CMF series. 

I think there are two possible options for Ron and Hermione: Either both of them are from CoS (Cat-Hermione and Crabbe-Ron) or Ron is from HBP (Quidditch). I can't see(nor hope for) them making a HBP Hermione. If both of them are from CoS, it would probably mean that there will be also a Goyle-Harry and possibly one of the spots reserved for another quidditch player (possibly Ginny). Also, there is a significant lack of Weasleys in this wave, so I'd guess that the larger set in Autumn will be the Burrow. That would make the smaller set presumably the Ministery of Magic battle. The set would probably include Harry, Dumbledore, Voldy and Bellatrix (because of her Azkaban variant in the CMF). Because of the presumable smaller size (and death scene), several characters would be omitted. The most notable omissions would be Sirius, Lucius and Tonks. That leaves the last (or last two) spot open. There are various options: Pomfrey (because the Hospital wing has been made already), Lockhart, Rita Skeeter, Kreacher (new mold for the head + the locket) and werewolf Lupin. Here are my two guesses!

Hermione - Cat with a cauldron, CoS           Hermione - Cat with a cauldron, CoS

Ron - Crabbe, CoS                                       Ron - Quidditch clothes & broom, HBP

Harry - Goyle, CoS                                       Poppy Pomfrey - Skele-gro, CoS

Ginny - Quidditch clothes & broom, HBP     Gilderoy Lockhart - Pixie, CoS

Sirius Black - Padfoot, OotP                         Sirius Black - Padfoot, OotP

Tonks - multiple hairdos, OotP                      Tonks - multiple hairdos, OotP

Lucius Malfoy -  Death Eater robes               Lucius Malfoy - Death Eater robes, OotP             

Out of the two, I would prefer the one on the right. Of course, this is all just speculation that I am trying to base on logic (which might be completely useless). Anyway, it is fun to speculate! Please tell me your thoughts.                

Well thanks for that I love all the inductive (of course speculative) reasonning that comes to a conclusion i'd love to Turn right :moar:.

With the same reason-logic-wise speculation what are your guesses for last unknown(s) set(s) to come ?  And D2C probability as long as this remains possible ? 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I guess it would come down to preference but I think LEGO didn't use the orc piece because it's licensed and no longer in production

That might not be so. Several LOTR parts have been used in non-licensed sets. The One Ring itself is everywhere. It may be that the molds themselves weren't designed for long-term use. Also overmolding is more expensive, so a significant budget (Big Bang or license) would be required for a theme to use that.

Well I mean it’s irrelevant, the hair used for the centaurs ISNT the orc hair so let’s not talk about the production of it- however it does look brilliant and dare I say more accurate in my opinion- I’ll definitely be swapping the hair out for the orc hair and using the black dumbledore hair for some dances with wolves customs!

52 minutes ago, Seaber said:

That's what I did with Medium dark flesh ones.

Are those torso's and faces from The Lone Ranger? 

I’m very interested to see what Grawp looks like. I think the description said he’s brick built which has me worried considering the other brick built creatures in this reboot (not counting FB). I think a mold similar to the cave troll would have been better but the budget went to the centaurs which I am perfectly fine with. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Are those torso's and faces from The Lone Ranger? 

Yeah, all Tonto back to front with The Lone Ranger Big Bear, TLBM Apache Chief, Star Wars Panaka and Star Wars First Order Officer heads :) 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So it sounds like Diagon Alley is one of the two August sets at $400 and the other is the $100 set. This came from Paul Seely on IG

OMFG :grin_wub::wub_drool:

I say:
Ollivanders w/ Ollivander
Flourish and Blotts w/ Lockhart 
Weasley's Wizard Wheezers w/ Fred & George
Gringotts w/ Goblins

Possibly also Borgin and Burkes? Or unlikely? 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m very interested to see what Grawp looks like. I think the description said he’s brick built which has me worried considering the other brick built creatures in this reboot (not counting FB). I think a mold similar to the cave troll would have been better but the budget went to the centaurs which I am perfectly fine with. 

Apparently he’s got the same design as Ares and Giant Man which is an interesting choice. I think how good he looks depends on what the faceprint looks like.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

From what we’ve heard he’s going to be constructed like Giant Man from Marvel and Ares from DC. Meaning he’ll look like a giant minifigure, which has a good chance of turning out fine since Lego has done this before and are skirting around most of the more organic forms that usually act as a stumbling block for brick built creatures. 

So it sounds like Diagon Alley is one of the two August sets at $400 and the other is the $100 set. This came from Paul Seely on IG

Is this guy a reliable leaker?

What!? I’m excited but at the same time a bit worried, it’s one veery expensive wave:laugh: My greedy butt wanted a small/medium MoM set. If we don’t get said small set, then I hope we get Borgin & Burkes with Lucius, Cissy and Bellatrix (in case we don’t get the burrow)

The retail price for 2011 diagon alley was around 150 USD, or am I wrong? If it was, then this new one is a lot more expensive, so I expect A LOT! 

Btw, I hope this pandemic ends soon or otherwise my savings will be for my survival and not for LEGO:ugh: I work as a graphic designer for several nightclubs across the nation, and of course they’re all closed :look:

28 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

From what we’ve heard he’s going to be constructed like Giant Man from Marvel and Ares from DC. Meaning he’ll look like a giant minifigure, which has a good chance of turning out fine since Lego has done this before and are skirting around most of the more organic forms that usually act as a stumbling block for brick built creatures. 

Yes, very reliable

36 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Always very reliable in the past, to the point where I have no reason to doubt what he says

2 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

I say:
Gringotts w/ Goblins

Quidditch Quality Supplies would be awesome to! 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Always very reliable in the past, to the point where I have no reason to doubt what he says

Well that’s very exciting then :sweet: 

30 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The retail price for 2011 diagon alley was around 150 USD, or am I wrong? If it was, then this new one is a lot more expensive, so I expect A LOT! 

If I recall correctly the 2011 Diagon Alley actually retailed for 120 USD, so that’s an even bigger price increase. Honestly, I’ll be happy so long as we finally get a Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes, but an updated Quality Quidditch Supplies after 18 years would be pretty cool, and my wildest dreams would include the Magical Menagerie or Eylop’s Owl Emporium. 

2 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

I say:
Gringotts w/ Goblins

Honestly, I'm just hoping they include the Leaky Cauldron in the set. Not only is it the entrance to Diagon Alley, but it's also Harry's first true exposure to the Wizarding World, not to mention its prominence in multiple films and in both LEGO HP games~ it'd be a shame if they skipped out on it again. (Also, as a small and shabby pub, it wouldn't add to the price and piece count nearly as much as, say, Borgin & Burkes.)

Just now, Accio Lego said:

If I recall correctly the 2011 Diagon Alley actually retailed for 120 USD, so that’s an even bigger price increase. Honestly, I’ll be happy so long as we finally get a Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes, but an updated Quality Quidditch Supplies after 18 years would be pretty cool, and my wildest dreams would include the Magical Menagerie or Eylop’s Owl Emporium. 

The hogwarts castle was $129 :wink: But still, the price increase is insane, so we will probably get WWW and quidditch supplies at least. At $129 and being fairly big, the possibilities for the $399 one excite me.

30 minutes ago, doclord said:

I don't want to be -that- guy, but what is keeping the $400 Diagon Alley set from being mini-scale?

The fact that we've already had a mini-scale Diagon Alley (in fact, using nanofigures as a common measurement and comparing 40289 and 71043 to their in-universe sizes, at an exponentially larger scale than the mini Hogwarts) and it was less than 400 pieces. Even if they increased the set to the size of the 2012 Mini Modulars and included full interiors, it wouldn't crack 1,500 pieces. Ergo, not a $400 set.

Odd how the d2c set number is among the regular set numbers. Didn't d2c sets have separate numbers?

Also, what if the sets are both Diagon Alley? One system scale one nanoscale?

Btw that Orc hairpiece is probably the best choice for the centaur, hadn't even thought of using that one.

Edited by Huigberts Builds