Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think it has been mentioned yet but I really like how the first 9 CMF spots give us at least one figure from each film unlike the ''film distribution'' from series 1. 

I really appreciate that about this series as well :sweet: And finally our first DH minifig since 2011!

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] only for some random guy to scream ''Han Solo dies'' before the movie even started. Some people are the worst...

Wow, that sucks. Something similar happened in my second screening, where a random guy sat behind me received a text message from a „friend“ of his five minutes before the film started, read it and started swearing profusely. He didn‘t say what the message stated, but I know what it was based on his reaction. I highly doubt they‘re friends anymore :laugh_hard:

Just now, AnyColourYouLike said:

A better pic of centaur's torso has just leaked on IG. 

Sadly it's only in black and white. The leakers have potato cameras... or colour costs extra.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Going in completely blank is something I've never done before. I have always watched at least the official trailers (not the tv spots though) and seen the LEGO sets. I went to see TFA only having seen the 2/3 trailers and the LEGO sets only for some random guy to scream ''Han Solo dies'' before the movie even started. Some people are the worst...

Yeah I had basically the exact same experience, so for the next one I tried avoiding everything but the first teaser.

Anyway back to Harry Potter, mini legogo, who has been leaking quite a lot the past few days (if the images originated by him, it's a little hard to keep track of things with all the uncredited reposts under the hashtag), posted a clip of the poa shrieking shack scene, however the audio was replaced by something I couldn't make out. Do you guys think it might be a hint towards one of the sets or was it just a meme?

2 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Sadly it's only in black and white. The leakers have potato cameras... or colour costs extra.

The guy who leaked this doesn't want to post the whole figure, for example the Hulk. He posts those little sneak peeks.

Centaur torso+head+hair is up

15 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway back to Harry Potter, mini legogo, who has been leaking quite a lot the past few days (if the images originated by him, it's a little hard to keep track of things with all the uncredited reposts under the hashtag), posted a clip of the poa shrieking shack scene, however the audio was replaced by something I couldn't make out. Do you guys think it might be a hint towards one of the sets or was it just a meme?

Harry screams ''coronavirus'' so it's definetely a joke :wink:

Centaur looks great! Double sided head is a plus. Going to pick up at least four centaurs, perhaps more if the forest part of the set has good parts! 

Hello there! I finally decided to create a profile here, therefore, I shall post my thoughts and predictions regarding the last seven spots of the CMF series. 

I think there are two possible options for Ron and Hermione: Either both of them are from CoS (Cat-Hermione and Crabbe-Ron) or Ron is from HBP (Quidditch). I can't see(nor hope for) them making a HBP Hermione. If both of them are from CoS, it would probably mean that there will be also a Goyle-Harry and possibly one of the spots reserved for another quidditch player (possibly Ginny). Also, there is a significant lack of Weasleys in this wave, so I'd guess that the larger set in Autumn will be the Burrow. That would make the smaller set presumably the Ministery of Magic battle. The set would probably include Harry, Dumbledore, Voldy and Bellatrix (because of her Azkaban variant in the CMF). Because of the presumable smaller size (and death scene), several characters would be omitted. The most notable omissions would be Sirius, Lucius and Tonks. That leaves the last (or last two) spot open. There are various options: Pomfrey (because the Hospital wing has been made already), Lockhart, Rita Skeeter, Kreacher (new mold for the head + the locket) and werewolf Lupin. Here are my two guesses!

Hermione - Cat with a cauldron, CoS           Hermione - Cat with a cauldron, CoS

Ron - Crabbe, CoS                                       Ron - Quidditch clothes & broom, HBP

Harry - Goyle, CoS                                       Poppy Pomfrey - Skele-gro, CoS

Ginny - Quidditch clothes & broom, HBP     Gilderoy Lockhart - Pixie, CoS

Sirius Black - Padfoot, OotP                         Sirius Black - Padfoot, OotP

Tonks - multiple hairdos, OotP                      Tonks - multiple hairdos, OotP

Lucius Malfoy -  Death Eater robes               Lucius Malfoy - Death Eater robes, OotP             

Out of the two, I would prefer the one on the right. Of course, this is all just speculation that I am trying to base on logic (which might be completely useless). Anyway, it is fun to speculate! Please tell me your thoughts.                

Edited by thenudeorganist

I may run a small guessing game, why not.

In the meantime.

CENTAURS

Well they are fantastic. 
I'm going to buy at least 10x of that sets. That makes $/€ 300 and that's not much in the end, I will resell all the rest.
I bought at least 10 also of the "Expecto Patronum" set to get those dementors. I have 9 spare Syrius Black lol...-

18 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

CENTAURS

Well they are fantastic. 
I'm going to buy at least 10x of that sets. That makes $/€ 300 and that's not much in the end, I will resell all the rest.
I bought at least 10 also of the "Expecto Patronum" set to get those dementors. I have 9 spare Syrius Black lol...-

^ This. :excited: Although I can't say how many I shall buy - don't think my funds will spread to that many, but just getting this new mould is fantastic. I would have gone crazy making a Narnia MOC when I was younger. Lucy meeting Mr Tumnus and the lamppost.

There is a new leak of the face and hair now too. It's looks great and there are two expressions at least for variety.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Wow that centaur looks fantastic, the hair really suits him! Hopefully the other centaur has a different face print (hopefully with paint like the other user suggested) 

im curious how Lego could make a Firenze that fits with the OotP centaurs as he’s got a completely different design - maybe just with a bearded face and short curly hair with the same flesh tone. I think there’s a chance he’s in the CMF to reuse the new mould as it would be difficult to fit a centaur on the packet while making it clear what he is. 

Alternatively, how cool would it be if in a few years there was a Forbidden Forest Set from Philosophers Stone with Harry, Draco, the cloaked Voldemort/Quirrell thing, Firenze AND a unicorn?! Fantasy fans would probably go nuts having both of those in a set. 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Wow that centaur looks fantastic, the hair really suits him! Hopefully the other centaur has a different face print (hopefully with paint like the other user suggested) 

im curious how Lego could make a Firenze that fits with the OotP centaurs as he’s got a completely different design - maybe just with a bearded face and short curly hair with the same flesh tone. I think there’s a chance he’s in the CMF to reuse the new mould as it would be difficult to fit a centaur on the packet while making it clear what he is. 

Alternatively, how cool would it be if in a few years there was a Forbidden Forest Set from Philosophers Stone with Harry, Draco, the cloaked Voldemort/Quirrell thing, Firenze AND a unicorn?! Fantasy fans would probably go nuts having both of those in a set. 

I would think Firenze could be made screen accurate using this mould, but the hair piece with the horns from the previous CMF centaur.

That Forbidden Forest set with the unicorn sounds great, but boy did the cloaked Voldemort/Quirrel thing scare me when I was younger. I can't see Lego doing it though considering the unicorn was dead.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I just look at my original box with HP minifigures series 1.

There is a picture with all of the 22 figures at the box.

If they have already pictures of the small bags the design of the big box is finished for sure.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That Forbidden Forest set with the unicorn sounds great, but boy did the cloaked Voldemort/Quirrel thing scare me when I was younger. I can't see Lego doing it though considering the unicorn was dead.

I think a similar situation would be the Ice Age creatures from the arctic line, whose situation was left ambiguous. They could always frame the situation as the protagonists trying to rescue it while it was still alive. 

Just now, Sir Godric said:

If they have already pictures of the small bags the design of the big box is finished for sure.

That’s a really good point, it’s a really tantalising thought that pictures of the other figures could be out there! I really hope we don’t have to wait too long to see them, tho from what I’ve seen only one or two figures usually leak from factories (with the DC series being an exception)

With all the Potterfans in this threat i'd like to ask a question. Is there another creature like Dobby that could bring us dual moulded short legs with light flesh feet? Dark brown and dark tan pants with bare fest would improve the hobbit minifigures drastically.

9 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I just look at my original box with HP minifigures series 1.

There is a picture with all of the 22 figures at the box.

The designs have been finished but the bag leaked because an employee uploaded it to the servers way too early, I doubt they would make the same mistake twice with just this one series

Just now, Gorilla94 said:

With all the Potterfans in this threat i'd like to ask a question. Is there another creature like Dobby that could bring us dual moulded short legs with light flesh feet? Dark brown and dark tan pants with bare fest would improve the hobbit minifigures drastically.

I can only think of the goblins but as their shoes are almost always the same color as their pants I doubt we'll get dual moulded short legs for them

11 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I tried, but failed... xD. It's too hard not to look them up for me. I however succeeded once with something similar, avoiding all leaks and trailers for the last jedi movie to go in completely blank. Still not sure if it was worth it, kinda missed the hype building up to the release that way, similar thing with Lego sets, I jump to this forum right away to catch everyone hyping like me everytime something leaks. As I think speculation is one of the funnest parts of new sets.

I’m currently failing at it haha. I will probably just avoid the final pictures, my curiosity is killing me.

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Not sure what your experience was like as a kid but I pretty much always saw the new sets first in a catalog before I ever saw them on shelves. We get few hard copies of the catalog these days but I still know I’m going to see set photos on Lego’s social media pages months before they’re on shelves. 

Well whenever I wanted a toy I would go directly to the store, never really had catalogues or saw commercials*huh* I don’t know why.

The centaurs look good, I’m just curious as to why they chose that long “sleek” hair? They have shorter, fuzzier hair in the movies. Doesn’t bother me though. 

Also, I hope we get printed legs instead of skirts in the room of requirements set. Cho’s uniform looks good, but it would be better if they were able to sit. 

Just now, Otherworld said:

The centaurs look good, I’m just curious as to why they chose that long “sleek” hair? They have shorter, fuzzier hair in the movies. Doesn’t bother me though. 

These Centaurs are based off OotP so they have a different design than Firenze from PS. All movie Centaurs except for Firenze have long sleek hair

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor harry potter centaurs

The Centaur looks fantastic. The inclusion of a double sided head is like the icing on the cake.

I really like that faceprint. Might end up buying the elrond polybag hair or elves noctura hair to replace the black dumbledore one they're using. But none of them are perfect.

49 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Also, I hope we get printed legs instead of skirts in the room of requirements set. Cho’s uniform looks good, but it would be better if they were able to sit. 

The characters in the RoR set likely won’t have skirts at all - printed or not. Cho only has a skirt in the CMF because the designers presumably decided she looked too plain for a CMF without something extra. But Harry Potter Lego has always depicted students in sets with their uniform sweater torsos and plain legs - the printed robes and fabric skirt in the CMF are more deluxe versions that are meant the make the CMF figures feel exclusive. 

I was wondering if the Centaurs would look better if you use the LOTR orc ears/hair combo, because the Centaurs also have big pointed ears. *huh*

latest?cb=20120606185542

3 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

I was wondering if the Centaurs would look better if you use the LOTR orc ears/hair combo, because the Centaurs also have big pointed ears. *huh*

I guess it would come down to preference but I think LEGO didn't use the orc piece because it's licensed and no longer in production