Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll skip it, might buy the torso/figure though. Besides not really needing the set the lack of work because of Covid-19 will heavily affect my LEGO budget so I'm going to have to be more criticical as to what I will/won't buy.

It's the same with me.At the moment we don't know how work is going on for the next time.

I think a lot of us will have this problem.

But i don't mind.First at all i will wait for the first set pictures of the hedwig set.

Than i will decide.

Maybe i will buy it later at Christmas time.

I think the toy stores will make good prices to bring up the economy again.

I hope so:blush:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Is Dobby identical to the CMF except for the smile?

It appears so

Just now, BrickBuilderX said:

Does anyone remember at what point the last D2C (Hogwarts Castle) was confirmed and information began to emerge?

It hasn't been confirmed yet, there are just a small amount of hints pointing at it's existence

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is Dobby identical to the CMF except for the smile?

The eyes are bit different too. But makes me think he was a wasted spot in the first CMF. 

These leaks though are really shaping up. The Centaur wasn't something I realized I wanted until right now xD 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It hasn't been confirmed yet, there are just a small amount of hints pointing at it's existence

Thanks for your response but I mustn't have been clear, I was actually asking when Hogwarts Castle was confirmed to compare when we may get some solid information on this years potential D2C.

Edited by BrickBuilderX

Just now, Ashnflash said:

The eyes are bit different too. But makes me think he was a wasted spot in the first CMF. 

These leaks though are really shaping up. The Centaur wasn't something I realized I wanted until right now xD 

I still appreciate Dobby getting a slot as we wouldn't have got dual-moulded legs with him if he came in a set. Also having two slightly-different looking house elf heads that can go to together will be really useful. 

Also I love your youtube channel, especially the CMF drafts! It's crazy how accurate your HP ideas were. 

3 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Thanks for your response but I mustn't have been clear, I was actually asking when Hogwarts Castle was confirmed to compare when we may get some solid information on this years potential D2C.

Right, I read D2C and my mind immediately jumped to Diagon Alley. My bad! I honestly don't remember when the Hogwarts Castle rumors started 

Right, I read D2C and my mind immediately jumped to Diagon Alley. My bad! I honestly don't remember when the Hogwarts Castle rumors started 

No worries, thanks for replying anyway! 

Lego announced it on July 25, it went on sale August 15.  Not sure when leas started, but it was within a couple days of the announcement. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I still appreciate Dobby getting a slot as we wouldn't have got dual-moulded legs with him if he came in a set. Also having two slightly-different looking house elf heads that can go to together will be really useful. 

Also I love your youtube channel, especially the CMF drafts! It's crazy how accurate your HP ideas were. 

Trolls had dual-moulded legs in their sets. I just think it could've been someone else. 

And thank you so much :D 

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

The eyes are bit different too. But makes me think he was a wasted spot in the first CMF

Agree. That is becoming a problem with the CMFs since the Simpsons S1, when they released the whole family just with different eye printing compared with the minifigures coming in the set

I don’t actually mind having lots of the same variant of a character, if there’s like, multiple movies or scene that variant appears in, I prefer to have more, so like, I’ll want 2 of that CMF series 2 dumbledore, because he appears in 2 movies looking like that, in the same sense, I own 2 pajama harry’s because he also appears in his pajamas in chamber of secrets when talking to dobby.

yeah I’m a greedy pig 

9 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Lego announced it on July 25, it went on sale August 15.  Not sure when leas started, but it was within a couple days of the announcement. 

Thank you for that information. 

Based on this it's likely to be a while before we get any confirmation of this years potential D2C. 

So we’re finally getting physical leaks and it’s looking good!

- Centaur legs and torso look amazing! All I ever hoped for from them really (I never really expected moving legs). The proportions all look perfect. 

-  The new Harry torso is okay. Very accurate to the movie but not much else to distinguish it - which admittedly will make skipping out on it less of a blow to those who don’t want the buildable Hedwig. (Personally, I’m holding out on making a decision on that until I see the actual set - if it’s buildable Yoda levels of creepy I’m not touching it.) 

- Dobby is... nearly identical to the cmf version. I can definitely understand those who think of it as a wasted slot (I really wanted the rumor of the Weasley twins to be right), but at least we got Riddle’s diary with Dobby in the CMF so it wasn’t a total waste? I still would have preferred any repeat of Dobby to be the DH version who at least wears little red shoes. 

As much as I absolutely adore the CMF series 2 dumbledore- it has pretty much rendered the great hall dumbledore useless ?, I remember back in February 2018 when we saw it for the first time being blown away at how accurate the dumbledore was. Now seeing this new version, it’s hard to see the great hall version as accurate anymore as the new one blows it out of proportion 

19 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

As much as I absolutely adore the CMF series 2 dumbledore- it has pretty much rendered the great hall dumbledore useless ?, I remember back in February 2018 when we saw it for the first time being blown away at how accurate the dumbledore was. Now seeing this new version, it’s hard to see the great hall version as accurate anymore as the new one blows it out of proportion 

I think the Great Hall Dumbledore still has his merits. The fact that his beard and hair are grey and not white makes his appearance ’flow’ a little more naturally into the Harris Dumbledore, and the hair without a hat is much more useful in the long run than either of the cmf pieces. And as it’s been stated before, both he and McGonagall had printed legs in that set for playability reasons, which leaves him as the most poseable Dumbledore as well (I feel it’s safe to assume the cmf series 2 version will have another skirt piece). So he still has his purpose. 

58 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

1 hour ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Does anyone remember at what point the last D2C (Hogwarts Castle) was confirmed and information began to emerge?

Leaks started around April the 4th 2018, I remember that clearly cause it was my birthday and I was quite excited about the news :P

23 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

Leaks started around April the 4th 2018, I remember that clearly cause it was my birthday and I was quite excited about the news :P

you are referring to rumors or people talking, not pictures, correct?

18 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

When is the cmf rumoured for? I feel like I've missed that info...

September 

14 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

Man, I was hoping they'd make a Mandalorian Yoda-sized Dobby. Such a missed oppertunity!

That was never going to happen as they already established his ''LEGO-height'' with multiple figures