Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

If this fake, then a former TLG employee did it, as it is someone who seems to have access to the software they use to render this.

But the chances of this being fake are like 0,1% 

--------------------

By the way @Ashnflash it seems someone in Billund really find your YT videos...... inspirational to say the least

If that is the case, I need to get in contact with them and they need to teach me xD 

------------------

And ya it is actually crazy. Down to the accessory for Bellatrix. And the Dursley's are coming in a set too. That'll bring my HP collection up to 10. 10 / 16 from our series will be physical figures. 

58 minutes ago, strangely said:

Looking closer, Neville's legs are dual molded. I just can't quite tell if they're mid height or regular. It would be great if they introduced dual molded mid legs, I guess we'll see when more images drop.

I had another look after your comment and I'm really not sure they're dual moulded. I see why you'd see that, but these rendered images are quite often misleading. It doesn't make much sense for the outfit either - he's in black robes and it's not like he wears high boots. It looks like just a trick of the render and bag design to me.

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

And if this is fake, then I'm out of a job. 

So either way someone will lose his job over this :look:. (P.S. gotta admit it, you were right all along about the cmf serie xD)

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I honestly think the Horntail was worse

It wasn't good, but if you put it on the hogwarts tower, like some people did for their display, it actually looks kinda decent. But the basilisk just doesn't look right in any scenario. Also way too small. I think there might be real snakes that are actually bigger than this is (looking at the scale compared to a minifigure).

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s really hard to tell seeing so little of it, but it looks to be different from the regular key. The regular key is all round, and the one Griphook is holding appears to have a short round area just to the side of where the minifigs hold it, then it has a different, straight angle before getting cut off my the logo. Maybe it’s a more ornate looking key. Still not super exciting...but a bit more than usual. 

Yeah I can see it now as well. They might have updated the mold slightly, don't think they will actually count it as a new piece though.

6 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

I am disappointed Sprout has the earmuffs on though, they annoyed me with Neville in S1. And they're not gonna make another new mould for her hair without them.

Yeah I didn't know what to think of it at first either, but I actually kinda like them in the end.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

And ya it is actually crazy. Down to the accessory for Bellatrix.

Bellatrix is one that made raise an eyebrow, because she even has the exact same inaccurate hairpiece, considering Bellatrix didnt wear her hair like that when she was in Azkaban. That hairstyle is from later movies. 

Spoiler

Image result for bellatrix lestrange azkaban

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Bellatrix is one that made rise an eyebrow, because she even has the exact same inaccurate hairpiece, considering Bellatrix didnt wear her hair like that when she was in Azkaban. That hairstyle is from later movies. 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for bellatrix lestrange azkaban

Wow how dare. I feel personally attacked :tongue:

But no, that's actually a really great point. 

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Wow how dare. I feel personally attacked :tongue:

hahahaha :poke:

But if you think about it, it means you have the mindset of an official LEGO designer :classic:

Edited by Robert8

So many great figures in series 2.

I love them all.These are the best news for the last days.

Last year Grindelwald was only for 1 time in the box.

I hope for a better mixture this year.

We will see more when we know who the other figures are.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's definetely a key

Regarding Griphook, I think it makes more sense if it's the Clankers from DH

Edited by Timemaster11

13 minutes ago, Timemaster11 said:

Regarding Griphook, I think it makes more sense if it's the Clankers from DH

Might have been a nice idea, but this is definitely a key.

14 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Do you think a 1981's McGonagall (wearing her glasses) could come in this CMF with a Baby Harry and her cat form? And maybe Aunt Marge so both of them compliment the Privet Drive set?

Also, Madame Pomfrey should come as we have the Hospital Wing in the Clock Tower set. 

Lego seems to actively make CMF figs that fit with sets so why not :classic:

13 hours ago, Ultron said:

I mean she could easily come with Arnold, her pygmy puff. Gryffindor chaser with molded quaffle. 

Definitely! It would be better to get Ginny with Arnold, than Neville with a book that could go with any random student.

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That would be cool, the more beasts, the better. With all animal-new & old- in the last series, I hope we get at least one or two more this time around. 

I agree :sweet: We are still missing Fang and Padfoot! Some owls could be thrown in to give a student a extra accessory. I prefer them to come in sets, but a patronus in definitely not out of the question either :classic:

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I hope the key isn’t his only accessory, with no wand for goblins it would be a bit of a let down to only have something so common. Im hoping he has a lantern or some gold too

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think you’re right, if they’re going to do something as generic as a vault key for Griphook the least they could do is give him som galleons as well.  

10 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

It would be awesome to get some new round 1x1s with prints for Galleons, etc... they could be reused in a Diagon Alley/Gringotts set later on.

Some chrome galleons would be really great, normal Lego money are very expensive and comes it very few sets these days. Any Gringotts related set should have a lot of them, so Lego better stark making them cheaper and more available :devil:

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely! It would be better to get Ginny with Arnold, than Neville with a book that could go with any random student.

I agree that the Monster Book could have come with another student (preferably one from a different house to Gryffindor). My first choice would be Malfoy in his POA Slytherin robes like the trio from the last series, but at least we’re getting him in the Astronomy Tower Set (hopefully in uniform). 

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm just dying to know what Falcon Fan meant with the 75980 post. Personally I'm hoping for something Diagon Alley related like Gringots.

My money is on a remake of the Burrow set :classic: If there‘s one thing we‘re still sorely missing in this iteration of the HP theme, it‘s the Weasleys.

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm just dying to know what Falcon Fan meant with the 75980 post. Personally I'm hoping for something Diagon Alley related like Gringots.

Ask myself the same question. I think it will be either the burrow or the chamber as they are clearly the fan favorit sets, and I think he wouldn‘t make that commentar by a „normal“ set. But time will tell.

Edited by Minga 089

1 hour ago, Minga 089 said:

Ask myself the same question. I think it will be either the burrow or the chamber as they are clearly the fan favorit sets, and I think he wouldn‘t make that commentar by a „normal“ set. But time will tell.

I agree, he phrased it like it’s something a lot of fans have really been wanting. The only two sets I can think of that we’ve been talking about from the beginning are those two: Chamber or The Burrow

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

My money is on a remake of the Burrow set :classic: If there‘s one thing we‘re still solely missing in this iteration of the HP theme, it‘s the Weasleys.

Oh yeah the Burrow is probably a better guess. Would love to get one, last one was pretty good so they've got some big shoes to fill, but I guess they can make the outside more accurate.

Its better its going on slowly with new sets so we can have fun with the HP theme for many years.

So i dont mind which set comes first.

I am happy with every set.

Omg, the minifigures from series 2 look great, I'm very excited!

I like Luna and Mrs Sprout best, but they all look great!

I think we became also one Ron and Hermione, and then I hoping for Sirius, Lupin, Ginny or other weasleys.

From what I can see, there are 7 new moulds and a few I’m not sure about

1. Sprout hat

2. Dumbledore hat

3. lion hat

4. Fawkes

5. monster book of monster

6. Bellatrix hair

7. Grip hook hair

Not sure about kingsleys hat or myrtles hair, they might be new pieces, or my memory may be faulty

however I have noticed that the monster book of monsters is the complete wrong colour, why is it grey on dark flesh (I don’t know the exact colour) the contrast is way too much, considering there is barely a difference between the skin and the fur in the film

25 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

From what I can see, there are 7 new moulds and a few I’m not sure about

1. Sprout hat

2. Dumbledore hat

3. lion hat

4. Fawkes

5. monster book of monster

6. Bellatrix hair

7. Grip hook hair

Not sure about kingsleys hat or myrtles hair, they might be new pieces, or my memory may be faulty

however I have noticed that the monster book of monsters is the complete wrong colour, why is it grey on dark flesh (I don’t know the exact colour) the contrast is way too much, considering there is barely a difference between the skin and the fur in the film

Bellatrix hair isn’t new, it’s the old one. 

The Book is a bit odd, I agree. The fur does give it a mix of colors, but it certainly isn’t significantly that color. Maybe with a darker brown that dark grey area got muddied & was harder to see? 

27 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

While similar to existing pieces both of them are new

I’m glad they went for a new part for Kingsley’s hat, rather than use a round tile or something else, the pattern printing all round is excellent! I hope the quality of those horizontal gold bands are as good as the picture 

14 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Inaccurate. TLG wouldn't put a CMF figure in a set.

I don’t know why everyone thinks this. Robin from the first LEGO Batman Movie CMF was included in the Bat Space Shuttle set and seemed to be exactly the same, and just this year the DC CMF reused Aquaman’s head and hair from another set. They could easily reuse at least Harry’s torso. 

I absolutely love this CMF series! I think it’s even better than the first based on what we’ve seen so far, and I adore the new molds, especially Fawkes, Sprout’s hair, Luna’s hat, and Bellatrix’s hair. I can’t wait to see the rest! 

I'm really looking forward to a full list of figures being released! 

Looking at the Sprout figure, I remembered we are supposed to get a greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set. We only got one once before in the 2005 set, so I checked back over the history of the theme and made a list of Hogwarts rooms/areas/features that since 2018 have not featured in minifig scale sets. 

PS - Philosopher's Stone Chambers, Troll Bathroom, Library

CoS - Duelling Club, Slytherin Common Room, Chamber of Secrets

PoA - Divination, Lupin's DADA classroom

GoF - Trophy Room

OotP - Umbridge Office

HBP - Room of Requirement (Hidden Things) 

DH - Room of Requirement (Dormitory)

Aside from those, there aren't many specific places left seen in the films - Charms, Transfiguration, Myrtle's Bathroom to name a few. 

The first thing I noticed was while Sprout, Moody, Hooch, Dumbledore and Slughorn all have rooms ready for them straight away from their CMF/Brictober packets (as would a Madam Pomfrey if one was to come out in the CMF), Umbridge, Boggart Snape, Trelawney and to an extent Flitwick don't have a natural 'home' in these sets yet.

The second thing I noticed was the majority of those rooms are from the earlier films. Aside from the PS chambers/CoS room, most could appear in a Whomping Willow side set.