Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

What's strange about it? D2C's have had regular set numbers since 2014 :shrug_oh_well:

OK, do not pay much attention to the numbers and never remembers them, but I did think they where all still separated from the normal set numbers (never mind then) :blush:

Interesting to see this news, we’ll still have to wait for undeniable confirmation to be sure but it’s looking more likely. I don’t really see a $400 microscale Diagon Alley. It would probably be system scale with a handful of buildings and (hopefully) minifigs

It would be really cool if it's basically a minifigure-scale version of the GWP, that's kinda the best case scenario imo. Though whatever it will be (if it exists) $400 is going to be a hard pill to swallow :cry_sad: I love big sets for themes I really love but I was kinda glad I had no interest in the nano-scale Hogwarts set

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Interesting to see this news, we’ll still have to wait for undeniable confirmation to be sure but it’s looking more likely.

Agreed. Between this, the report from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, and @bbrousong's info, it's become quite likely :thumbup: Too bad there doesn't seem to be a D2C list for this year to further corroborate it. 2018's and 2019's D2C lists leaked quite early, but no luck so far this year :shrug_confused:

So the updated set list is: 

1. Astronomy Tower

2. Brick-built Hedwig

3. Room of Requirement

4. Privet Drive

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Advent Calender

7. D2C set (Diagon alley?)

8. Unknown $100 set (Burrow? Or something else such as Durmstrang Ship)

9. Other unknown set: (Inferi Cave?)

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

It would be refreshing to see locations other than Hogwarts as the big sets, I will have to wait and see though. I skipped the 2011 one because I thought the interiors were lackluster and the minifig selection was meh. Still, for some reason I’m not that excited about DA, but for a D2C, it surely is the only “big location” besides Hogwarts? I was thinking Hogsmeade but like GP, it’s not commercially appealing in its entirety. 

As for the other sets, we still need a bigger Ootp set, and a smaller HBP set :)

Edited by Otherworld

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So the updated set list is: 

1. Astronomy Tower

2. Brick-built Hedwig

3. Room of Requirement

4. Privet Drive

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Advent Calender

7. D2C set (Diagon alley?)

8. Unknown $100 set (Burrow? Or something else such as Durmstrang Ship)

9. Other unknown set: (Inferi Cave?)

I would remove everything you've written between the () thingies, forgot what they're called again. There isn't really anything that hints towards them so they are just guesses and thus don't really belong on this ''updated set list''.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The existence of a D2C just got more likely since jedijacpenguin added the following bits of information:

75978 - {? TBA HP D2C? ?} - Includes pcs TBA,

Minifigs: TBA

- US $399.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA

75978 was one of two extra August sets, so I don't think it will end up as a D2C. What I mean is that the set number will probably be different than this, last HP D2Cs set number was 71043.

Just now, Otherworld said:

It would be refreshing to see locations other than Hogwarts as the big sets, I will have to wait and see though. I skipped the 2011 one because I thought the interiors were lackluster and the minifig selection was meh. Still, for some reason I’m not that excited about DA, but for a D2C, it surely is the only “big location” besides Hogwarts? I was thinking Hogsmeade but like GP, it’s not commercially appealing in its entirety. 

I think we could easily see Hogsmeade as a set, although Diagon Alley will probably get made first. It’s exteriors aren’t as colorful and marketable as Diagon, but Hogsmeade still has some locations pivotal to the movies that most people can recognize - like Honeyduke’s, the Three Broomsticks and the Hog’s Head. 

But then again I also think that that $100 August set could be Grimmauld Place. 

On an only slightly related note, my wallet and shelf space are going to be hit hard this year. :wacko:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If this is real that would be awesome but unless a reputable leaker backs this up I'll remain sceptical. Maybe @Falconfan1414 knows something?

If it's a $300+ it's definetely minifigure-scale. Besides already having a (close to) micro-scale Diagon Alley I don't think there would be any appeal to such an expensive DA micro-set. 

I don't know what other people think about it but if it costs ~$350 and is in micro-scale I would skip it in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

1) As much as I want DA, I too am not believing anything as yet, but ...

2) I can't see a $300+ set being microscale either.

3) If it's minifigure scale I'm in no question, but if it's microscale I would have to see pictures; it certainly does not sound appealing on paper.

*$400 microscale Hogwarts has entered the chat*

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I meant a $300 microscale Diagon Alley. The small promo shows how much DA can be covered in microscale so it would be a big jump from that to $300. And like @Guyon2002 said I don't think a $300 microscale DA would hold as much appeal as the Hogwarts Castle. Hogwarts is iconic and makes a great display piece, but DA, whilst still a big location, is not quite so iconic. Plus the castle is already in minifigure scale, albeit in section, so we have both minifigure and microscale, but no DA currently exists in the new wave. I think (and hope) that Lego would release a playable DA before they do a microscale one. But only time will tell.

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This! I am actually quite surprised how many people are automatically dismissing microscale version of DA being a possibility when HP is the theme that actually got one of the biggest microscale sets not that long time ago :D

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I think we could easily see Hogsmeade as a set, although Diagon Alley will probably get made first. It’s exteriors aren’t as colorful and marketable as Diagon, but Hogsmeade still has some locations pivotal to the movies that most people can recognize - like Honeyduke’s, the Three Broomsticks and the Hog’s Head. 

But then again I also think that that $100 August set could be Grimmauld Place. 

Yes I agree, plus the shrieking shack ;) I can see Hogsmeade happening, just not at a $300+ price point. 

As for GP, I think it’s very possible too, but again, I don’t see it being a big set where the massive facade is portrayed. The “revealing” feature on its own sounds very appealing; the regular muggle looking exterior doesn’t. 

12 minutes ago, sahidko said:

This! I am actually quite surprised how many people are automatically dismissing microscale version of DA being a possibility when HP is the theme that actually got one of the biggest microscale sets not that long time ago :D

It’s certainly not impossible but I would say it’s improbable based on the fact that we’ve seen the size of a microscale Diagon Alley and it does not have $400 potential. Hogwarts is a lot bigger than DA so making a DA at the same scale as Hogwarts would make it a very tiny set. To make a DA set at $400 they would have to have it at a bigger scale than Hogwarts

14 minutes ago, sahidko said:

People are dismissing a microscale version because:

1. We already got it (though a bit smaller) as a GWP

2. A true microscale Diagon Alley wouldn't be nearly as interesting as a microscale Hogwarts

3. A microscale Diagon Alley wouldn't cost anywhere near $400 unless they plan to make it half Diagon Alley / half London

Ah yes this is phenomenal news! It has to be a minifig Diagon Alley right? Very healthy piece count justifies the price about a 1,000 pieces per store if it’s based off the GWP. Also this could be a way to get the missing Death Eaters and a Lockhart if they do what they did with UCS Falcon. Now my wallet is relieved there is no CMF this year or I would have been broke! Day 1 purchase for me, I’ll wait in line for it! 

Edited by RODDY

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would remove everything you've written between the () thingies, forgot what they're called again. There isn't really anything that hints towards them so they are just guesses and thus don't really belong on this ''updated set list''.

So I cant say what I think the sets are going to be?

Just now, RODDY said:

Ah yes this is phenomenal news! It has to be a minifig Diagon Alley right? Very healthy piece count justifies the price about a 1,000 pieces per store if it’s based off the GWP. Also this could be a way to get the missing Death Eaters and a Lockhart if they do what they did with UCS Falcon. Day 1 purchase for me, I’ll wait in line for it! 

I really hope so. Like you it would have to be a Day 1 purchase for me, as much as I would want to wait for a price drop. 

What this DA discussion really reminds of though is how fortunate we are to even be thinking that a new big DA set is a possibility. To think that two years ago we hadn't yet had the first new sets and now we are speculating as to a D2C DA ... Good times. :excited:

9 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

No one is saying that, but listing them in an updated list of confirmed sets could lead to misinformation 

30 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Not what I said. You put them in a updated setlist while they are just guesses, that is exactly how false rumors start

EDIT: didn't see @Balrogofmorgoth's comment before posting so it's sort of a double post

Edited by Guyon2002

LEGO Overwatch 2020

Auch bei LEGO Overwatch hat man wohl noch nicht den Stecker gezogen. Diese Sets sind aktuell geplant:

LEGO Box Dummy Bild 75978 ? Orisa & Efi ? ??? ??? ???  
LEGO Box Dummy Bild 75979 ? Rio Battle ? ??? ??? ???  
LEGO Box Dummy Bild 75980 ? Omnic Titan ? ??? ??? ???  
LEGO Box Dummy Bild 75981 ? Talon Dropship ? ??? ???

How can Harry Potter and Overwatch have the same Numbers? 75978 and 75980 are also on the HP list.

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

How can Harry Potter and Overwatch have the same Numbers? 75978 and 75980 are also on the HP list.

The Overwatch sets have been cancelled, thus freeing up their set numbers :wink:

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it's a $300+ it's definetely minifigure-scale. Besides already having a (close to) micro-scale Diagon Alley I don't think there would be any appeal to such an expensive DA micro-set. 

I don't know what other people think about it but if it costs ~$350 and is in micro-scale I would skip it in a heartbeat.

It would be a pretty easy pass for me as well. While I do love the Hogwarts Castle, I wouldn’t be upset by missing it. 

37 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Interesting! So we can expect 75979 too? 

Not necessarily, lego skips setnumbers all the time