Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is there are specific reason why a CMF should = a D2C?

Nope, just inductive reasoning (with all its flaws) :wink:

2 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Did someone of you see the dealer catalogue?

Nope, LEGO really crushed down on the leaks from retailer catalogues. They made it nearly impossible for a retailer to leak something without LEGO finding out which retailer is guilty. Not that it really matters, as it wouldn't have any pictures of the HP sets anyways (just black boxes)

Yeah, to us, the retailer catalogues have lost all the worth they once held, and so have the toy fairs, for the most part. The factory leaks are next on the chopping block from the looks of it (unless the recent drought was caused by the corona virus instead). At least we still have our trusted leakers :sweet: For now...

Yesterday i could take a look in the catalogue and was allowed to make a photo.

As you already said you can see the boxes with the original size and numbers..

And there is a small text.

1 hour ago, Sir Godric said:

Yesterday i could take a look in the catalogue and was allowed to make a photo.

As you already said you can see the boxes with the original size and numbers..

And there is a small text.

Ah that sounds interesting, I don't suppose the text said anything new? 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah that sounds interesting, I don't suppose the text said anything new? 

If past catalogues are anything to go by, it‘s just some generic business blurb about the IP :wink: Nothing to write home about

The,New D2C set Diagon Alley price in China will be 3699RMB.Compared with the price of 71043 in China is 3999 RMB, I believe the price of Diagon Alley will be 369 USD.

Just now, bbrousong said:

The,New D2C set Diagon Alley price in China will be 3699RMB.Compared with the price of 71043 in China is 3999 RMB, I believe the price of Diagon Alley will be 369 USD.

*huh*

Where did you get these news, did not even know there was:

1. a confirmed HP D2C
  2. let alone that it was DA

If this is right it is big news!

If this is real that would be awesome but unless a reputable leaker backs this up I'll remain sceptical. Maybe @Falconfan1414 knows something?

1 hour ago, Antonin Dulohov said:

Does that mean that the Diagon Alley D2C will be a micro-scale build suitable only for microfigures?

If it's a $300+ it's definetely minifigure-scale. Besides already having a (close to) micro-scale Diagon Alley I don't think there would be any appeal to such an expensive DA micro-set. 

I don't know what other people think about it but if it costs ~$350 and is in micro-scale I would skip it in a heartbeat.

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If this is real that would be awesome but unless a reputable leaker backs this up I'll remain sceptical. Maybe @Falconfan1414 knows something?

If it's a $300+ it's definetely minifigure-scale. Besides already having a (close to) micro-scale Diagon Alley I don't think there would be any appeal to such an expensive DA micro-set. 

I don't know what other people think about it but if it costs ~$350 and is in micro-scale I would skip it in a heartbeat.

1) As much as I want DA, I too am not believing anything as yet, but ...

2) I can't see a $300+ set being microscale either.

3) If it's minifigure scale I'm in no question, but if it's microscale I would have to see pictures; it certainly does not sound appealing on paper.

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well we where sure the D2C Hogwarts was minifig/system scale also, so this time I am not so sure :sceptic: If it is legit I really hope it is system scale, but the last D2C is a bestseller so hard to predict what the Lego group are thinking in this case :shrug_oh_well:

I've just looked through @bbrousong's profile and they seem to have been hinting at a Diagon Alley set for a while, but I don't know if that makes them more or less credible. 

Personally I'd be very surprised if a Diagon Alley set was that big. I remember the last one was about a £130ish and that had 3 substantial buildings back then. Would this new one at double the price have the same amount of buildings but bigger and more detailed or could we expect 4-5 (Ollivander's, Gringotts, Borgin and Burkes, Weasley's Wizards Wheezes and then either the owl emporium or Leaky Cauldron) . 

While we wait on some news from this years sets just a random clarification on the Beauxbaton carriage  from last year having a driver or been magically driven. Yep it has a driver. I've added one to mine. 

Also if Diagon alley is real and is micro I'll be skipping. Not really my cup of tea. 

IMG_6841

52 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I've just looked through @bbrousong's profile and they seem to have been hinting at a Diagon Alley set for a while, but I don't know if that makes them more or less credible. 

The only proof he has given is the back of the Tom Riddle book. But those books, while being from lego themselves, are proven to be unreliable when it comes to future sets.

I don't have anything against the guy (if he reads this), but he doesn't really offer us much to believe his statements/info.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The only proof he has given is the back of the Tom Riddle book. But those books, while being from lego themselves, are proven to be unreliable when it comes to future sets.

I don't have anything against the guy (if he reads this), but he doesn't really offer us much to believe his statements/info.

I still can't see any 'evidence' on the back of that book. What am I potentially missing?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

他给出的唯一证明是汤姆·里德尔(Tom Riddle)书的背面。但是,这些书虽然来自乐高玩具,但事实证明,在涉及未来书时,这些书是不可靠的。

我没有反对这个家伙的任何东西(如果他读过这个话),但是他并没有真正让我们相信他的声明/信息。

Sorry to make you misunderstand, but the book is only an accidental find of mine. As early as January, my source hinted the existence of Diagon Alley. This source once disclosed in the fourth quarter of last year that Old Trafford will be on sale in February . So I have reason to believe the rumors about Diagon Alley, but I can't provide too much specific information about the source.

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I still can't see any 'evidence' on the back of that book. What am I potentially missing?

Back of the book said something along the lines of ''explore diagon alley'' 

16 minutes ago, bbrousong said:

Sorry to make you misunderstand, but the book is only an accidental find of mine. As early as January, my source hinted the existence of Diagon Alley. This source once disclosed in the fourth quarter of last year that Old Trafford will be on sale in February . So I have reason to believe the rumors about Diagon Alley, but I can't provide too much specific information about the source.

I understand if you have a private source and can't disclose specific details, but this isn't the first time someone ''had a source'' who gave him/her secret info and turned out to be lying. I'm not jumping to conclusions in saying you're a fake but not having anything to back these claims up does make it hard to believe you. But I guess it's just a matter of time before we'll see wether or not the set exists.

If this information is true (no disrespect to the potential leaker, but we've all been burned with fake leaks before) this potential DA set would come in at roughly 5,500 pieces at that price point. The 2011 DA was just under 2,000, but it must be said sets are getting more smaller pieces today. 

That would suggest about four or five shops, probably the ones from the recent micro set, or perhaps Leaky Cauldron or Borgin and Burke's. 

If this was all true, it'd make sense to release in this wave as WWW makes it's debut in HBP, the only major scenes that take place in Diagon Alley in the DH movies are the Gringotts escape, which is mostly underground anyway. 

The existence of a D2C just got more likely since jedijacpenguin added the following bits of information:

75978 - {? TBA HP D2C? ?} - Includes pcs TBA,

Minifigs: TBA

- US $399.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The existence of a D2C just got more likely since jedijacpenguin added the following bits of information:

75978 - {? TBA HP D2C? ?} - Includes pcs TBA,

Minifigs: TBA

- US $399.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA

Is not 75978 a strange number for a D2C? Do not mean that the price is wrong or that a set is coming :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is not 75978 a strange number for a D2C? Do not mean that the price is wrong or that a set is coming :shrug_oh_well:

What's strange about it? D2C's have had regular set numbers since 2014 :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego-Freak