Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The normal legs are right. The only 5th-years we've gotten so far are Wood and Flint (unless I missed someone) and they both use normal legs. Cho's CMF figure doesn't really count imo as they got Neville's legs wrong too

How dare you forget Luna :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

How dare you forget Luna :tongue:

Oh right, her HBP appearance was 5th year too. But my point still stands, if Neville is anything to go by the sets are a better ''legheight-per-year'' indicator than the CMF. Guess we'll just have to wait and see

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just looked up the price (for the Netherlands) and it's unbelievable how ridiculously expensive this book is. Not even books with 350+ pages and an actual story cost 21 euro, but this one with only 96 pages does. Don't get me wrong, the figure is great but what a ripoff. I'll get Tom from Bricklink or maybe the book itself when it goes on discount but no way I'm paying full price for this!

No surprise there. Lego books like this one have been around 20 euro for the past 10 years here.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, Accio Lego said:

I think it’s unlikely we’ll see the Burrow this year simply because it needs a large set, and I suspect the August sets will be a large OotP set and a small HBP set to offset the large HBP and small OotP sets in the June/July wave. 

As far as Weasleys go, there are rumors the twins are going to be in the Privet Drive set, and I can’t remember if Ginny was on the reported list for the Astronomy Tower but I’m certain she’ll show up there. That just leaves Molly, Arthur, Bill and Percy (and technically Charlie) the first three of which will almost certainly make it into DH sets. 

But when it comes to Order members and Death Eaters we can only cross our fingers and hope for the August sets. I’m personally holding on to the fact that Lego has been pretty good about giving us fan favorites that were passed over in the 2001-11 run of the theme (Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw representation, Cedric, Fleur, etc.) and Kingsley and Tonks are an obvious extension of that trend. 

I’d love to see either the Weasleys or the Order of the Phoniex as a set. Lots of strong characters like Molly , Arthur and tonks!

On 2/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Hay guys I got board at the weekend and had a play in LDD. This is how I would do Norbert the Dragon if it was in this year’s Advent Callander:

Lego Harry Potter: Norbert the Dragon (LDD)

That looks great! That would work well in a set or advent calendar.

17 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Nice figure! On one hand it is great that they do a new figure for a book, on the other not so great that I will have to buy a book instead of a LEGO set to get it.

Beggars can't be choosers though, and I want as many unique figs as I can get my hands on. :laugh:

I agree :grin: The fig looks great and are very similar to the source material as well :sweet:

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just looked up the price (for the Netherlands) and it's unbelievable how ridiculously expensive this book is. Not even books with 350+ pages and an actual story cost 21 euro, but this one with only 96 pages does. Don't get me wrong, the figure is great but what a ripoff. I'll get Tom from Bricklink or maybe the book itself when it goes on discount but no way I'm paying full price for this!

Well even a comic magazine cost 5 euros and more these days :shrug_oh_well: Yes it is possible to get a HP book for that price and even cheaper, but that is only text. Here it is more pictures than text and that drives the price up (+ a exclusive minifig)..

10 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow, that Tom Riddle figure looks great! Technically he should have mid-legs since here he's a 5th-year

They probably thought he was a sixth-year because he's sixteen.

Edited by Graupensuppe

So, I haven’t seen the movies in years . . is that Tom a Riddle outfit accurate? Because . . he’s wearing a shirt, then a jumper, then a coat, then a cloak. Four layers. Like I get Hogwarts is in Scotland and it’s cold but . . come on, overkill much?

Maybe he really is cold-blooded . . :laugh:

42 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, I haven’t seen the movies in years . . is that Tom a Riddle outfit accurate? Because . . he’s wearing a shirt, then a jumper, then a coat, then a cloak. Four layers. Like I get Hogwarts is in Scotland and it’s cold but . . come on, overkill much?

Maybe he really is cold-blooded . . :laugh:

The reference pictures were posted on the previous page so yes, it is accurate

The Tom Riddle figure looks excellent. Characters have appeared in booms before and later appeared in sets (like that Brute figure) so there's definitely nothing to suggest here that we won't get a Chamber of Secrets set.

We could be getting a CoS based on year 7 when Hermione and Ron go down to the chamber to get the basilisk fangs to destroy the Horcruxes (it was shown in the movie). So they are releasing Tom in the book and unfortunately would have to use the sad basilisk from the Great Hall for Year 2. 

45 minutes ago, 10or said:

We could be getting a CoS based on year 7 when Hermione and Ron go down to the chamber to get the basilisk fangs to destroy the Horcruxes (it was shown in the movie). So they are releasing Tom in the book and unfortunately would have to use the sad basilisk from the Great Hall for Year 2. 

I think that’s highly unlikely, the most interesting thing about the chamber is the basilisk so I don’t think they would just do the chamber with a skeleton, I think they will probably do a cos in 2022 or past that, after all the films have been covered once, I hope they go back through the films and do the sets again, and I think that is more likely than the deathly hallows chamber

On 2/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, Micmac said:

810NcFXqrbL

bee5f32bb377c0876719b142eaeab46f

pvgDGZwuvoYx

I think I would've preferred a black hair piece, as it reminds me a little too much of Cedric Diggory atm. Would've been nice to see the old school Slytherin emblem or Prefect Badge, would've made it look more teenager rather than adult businessman style.

But glad they have the iconic cheekbones that the CoS actor had. And a wand in black (even though we mostly see him using Harry's wand at the end, yes I know in the diary flashback he uses his own).

Shame the recast made him look more childish (gutted they were going for a creepy horror film kid type)

Whether or not we ever get a black Hermoine, I hope we end up with a few more people of color just for the pretend play options for kids. Both of my daughters have made their own minifigs and put them in our Hogwarts play set, I'd like that to be an option for most families. Which is why I hope they also give us a few more Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students so we have some more options, I'd like to see black robes for all houses to match the ones Harry, Ron and Hermoine had in the last CMF set.

3 hours ago, steam235 said:

Whether or not we ever get a black Hermoine, I hope we end up with a few more people of color just for the pretend play options for kids. Both of my daughters have made their own minifigs and put them in our Hogwarts play set, I'd like that to be an option for most families. Which is why I hope they also give us a few more Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students so we have some more options, I'd like to see black robes for all houses to match the ones Harry, Ron and Hermoine had in the last CMF set.

It would be nice for a bit more variety, and I think they were trying to do that by making cho a bit darker than she is in the films, but tbh there aren’t that many dark characters, the only main ones left are blaise zabini and lavender brown (who wasn’t even dark in half the films) so there is a chance we may get two more figs in the next cmf or final wave of sets, it’s a shame there aren’t any memorable hufflepuff that could be included in future sets. but Justin finch fletchley could be included in a dueling club set similar to the old one with a new Lockhart 

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think I would've preferred a black hair piece, as it reminds me a little too much of Cedric Diggory atm.

I have to disagree there. Dark brown is much more accurate as evidenced by the stills and Cedric’s hair piece is reddish brown, so there’s a clear difference in shade between them :wink:

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Shame the recast made him look more childish (gutted they were going for a creepy horror film kid type)

Maybe because it’s a younger version of him? :tongue: Or do you mean the HBP version looks younger than the CoS actor would have at that age? That’s hard to quantify, unless you have pictures of Christian Coulson as a 11-year old. Besides, the actor playing the youngest version is Ralph Fiennes’ nephew, so that fits rather well in my book :classic:

2 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

it’s a shame there aren’t any memorable hufflepuff that could be included in future sets. but Justin finch fletchley could be included in a dueling club set similar to the old one with a new Lockhart 

Ernie Macmillan would be nice to get

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe because it’s a younger version of him? :tongue: Or do you mean the HBP version looks younger than the CoS actor would have at that age? That’s hard to quantify, unless you have pictures of Christian Coulson as a 11-year old. Besides, the actor playing the youngest version is Ralph Fiennes’ nephew, so that fits rather well in my book :classic:

I think Fiennes, Coulson and Fiennes' nephew look enough alike to be the same character at different ages. Though I'd have to say Coulson was the better of the 2 Tom Riddle's in terms of looks, he looked almost exactly like I imagined when reading the book for the first time.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I have to disagree there. Dark brown is much more accurate as evidenced by the stills and Cedric’s hair piece is reddish brown, so there’s a clear difference in shade between them :wink:

I mentioned this last year, but in terms of film accuracy, Radcliffe's minifigure should really have dark brown hair.  His hair is clearly not even close to black.  I'm happy with LEGO Harry's black hair, though, because it's so iconic to the books, which I suspect is why that choice was made.  Similar case with Hermione; Emma Watson's hair is lighter than LEGO's reddish brown, but not so much as to confuse people.  What I can't get behind is the creamy yellow hair color used for Malfoy and Luna (and Legolas!); that looks incredibly fake, IMO.

14 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I mentioned this last year, but in terms of film accuracy, Radcliffe's minifigure should really have dark brown hair.  His hair is clearly not even close to black.  I'm happy with LEGO Harry's black hair, though, because it's so iconic to the books, which I suspect is why that choice was made.  Similar case with Hermione; Emma Watson's hair is lighter than LEGO's reddish brown, but not so much as to confuse people.  What I can't get behind is the creamy yellow hair color used for Malfoy and Luna (and Legolas!); that looks incredibly fake, IMO.

You should give Harry a dark brown hairpiece and then you'll know why lego went with black (besides his hair being black in the books): dark brown looks awfull on him

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ernie Macmillan would be nice to get

Sadly the only times Ernie gets lines in the movies are during CoS deleted scenes, so it’s hard to say whether Lego will give us him. 

Hanna Abbot from hufflepuff, Zaharas Smith....

01.03.2020 в 02:32 Ретро Брик Обзоры сказали:

Вау, эта фигура Тома Риддла выглядит великолепно! Он должен быть как средним, так и здесь, 5-й год, но я уже готов пропустить это из-за удивительного дизайна печати и (как-то) внушительного внешнего вида.

11 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

It would be nice for a bit more variety, and I think they were trying to do that by making cho a bit darker than she is in the films, but tbh there aren’t that many dark characters, the only main ones left are blaise zabini and lavender brown (who wasn’t even dark in half the films) so there is a chance we may get two more figs in the next cmf or final wave of sets, it’s a shame there aren’t any memorable hufflepuff that could be included in future sets. but Justin finch fletchley could be included in a dueling club set similar to the old one with a new Lockhart 

Still need the Patils though...or did I miss that they’re coming?

Also, this hole is another great argument for generic house miinifig packs. Similar to what they’ve been doing lately with those minifig shaped blister packs, give us four random House students & even a little build for classrooms or common rooms or whatever. I’d imagine even kids would like be to populate their castle with a bunch of students from each house. 

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Still need the Patils though...or did I miss that they’re coming?

Also, this hole is another great argument for generic house miinifig packs. Similar to what they’ve been doing lately with those minifig shaped blister packs, give us four random House students & even a little build for classrooms or common rooms or whatever. I’d imagine even kids would like be to populate their castle with a bunch of students from each house. 

Completely forgot about them, I think the only chance to get them in a cmf series in tuke ball outfits

1 hour ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Completely forgot about them, I think the only chance to get them in a cmf series in tuke ball outfits

That would be 2 wasted spots imo, especially considering there's only 16 of them (as far as we know atm). They should save YB figures for future advent calendars

1 hour ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Yeah, I’m not sure where it would be best to put them. They’ve kind of missed their chance for sets since Yule Ball was this year. Although we are getting a Time Turner moment by getting Privet Drive next year, so who knows...

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That would be 2 wasted spots imo, especially considering there's only 16 of them (as far as we know atm). They should save YB figures for future advent calendars

You could say that about any spots though. Take this year’s calendar, if we got them, chances are we wouldn’t have gotten the Christmas sweaters variants. If we get them in sets, they’ll take the place of two other minifigs.

However, I would agree to preferring them not to come in a CMF series, as those are less frequent than other HP sets where they could come. And wouldn’t make their inclusion feel like such a big hit to other characters.