Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Really really bummed about this. 

I share that sentiment. At least the series is not outright cancelled, but having to wait an additional year is still quite a tough pill to swallow. I hope the remaining sets include some long-awaited characters to make up for that :sceptic:

:sceptic: this is kind of a disappointment. One and a half year is a long time to wait, I already had trouble with half a year xD. I wonder what will come in its place. Monkey Kid had a rumored blind bag, or maybe Disney, would explain Winnie the Pooh.

I just hope the last 2 HP sets will at least give us some new important characters as I was really hoping the cmf would take care of that this year (as the sets mostly give variations and side characters). I hope we'll know more very soon.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

A) it might still have 22 characters since the lower 16 number was for this fall’s series, which we now know isn’t Wizarding World

It is almost certain it will include FB figs now and then 22 is the most likely number of figs, never change a winning team :wink:
The positive thing about this is that we are getting more FB figs and probably sets as well next year :sweet: Since I am a big fan of FB this makes me happy and the 2 sets we got in 2018 was really great and there is a lot of possibilities for more sets from the 2 first movies :excited:
Lego probably made the decision a long time ago, they have known about the delayed film for a while after all..

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is almost certain it will include FB figs now and then 22 is the most likely number of figs, never change a winning team :wink:
The positive thing about this is that we are getting more FB figs and probably sets as well next year :sweet: Since I am a big fan of FB this makes me happy and the 2 sets we got in 2018 was really great and there is a lot of possibilities for more sets from the 2 first movies :excited:
Lego probably made the decision a long time ago, they have known about the delayed film for a while after all..

I’m equally excited at the prospect of more FB sets. I realize that the 2018 sets weren’t quite as popular as their Harry Potter counterparts, but they were still some very well designed sets and gave us an amazing amount of new creature parts and recolors. I think the strategy they used in 2018 of one bigger set from the previous movie and one small set from a trailer scene of the upcoming release served them well - letting them hype the franchise and its new installment without sacrificing the screen accuracy that’s been defining the Wizarding World theme this time around. Hopefully that means next year we’ll see a bigger CoG set - perhaps with a brick built Zouwu and maybe some Matagots? More creatures are always appreciated. 

And something mentioned over on the CMF series 20 thread is that the Green Brick Suit Guy’s hairpiece (a recolor of a fairly rare part) would be a perfect fit for Newt. I wonder if Lego is planning to switch to using it for him in the next FB wave. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

And something mentioned over on the CMF series 20 thread is that the Green Brick Suit Guy’s hairpiece (a recolor of a fairly rare part) would be a perfect fit for Newt. I wonder if Lego is planning to switch to using it for him in the next FB wave. 

I hope not, the current hairpiece isn't the most accurate but it's definetely better than the Soldier 76 piece imo

I’m very disappointed with the likely delay of the series :( but I understand the reason 

Hopefully it doesn’t impact this year’s sets, as I wonder if it would mean any shared new moulds would have to be left out :/

Now I feel much more particular about this year’s sets and bummed that we aren’t getting any Order members or death eaters in the sets we know about. I really hope the other two sets have some

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope not, the current hairpiece isn't the most accurate but it's definetely better than the Soldier 76 piece imo

Actually if you look at Newts hair from the movies the tan Soldier 76 hairpiece used for the Green Brick Suit Guy is a better fit then the spiky Sleepyhead hair being used for Newt now. Newt’s hair is messy, but it’s a little longer and wavier with his bangs brushed to the right. 

26 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Actually if you look at Newts hair from the movies the tan Soldier 76 hairpiece used for the Green Brick Suit Guy is a better fit then the spiky Sleepyhead hair being used for Newt now. Newt’s hair is messy, but it’s a little longer and wavier with his bangs brushed to the right. 

I wasn't talking about accuracy but my personal preference. The Soldier 76 hairpiece has been suggested for Newt since it's introduction and for some reason I'm just not a fan of that piece. 

I would also go for that new green brick guy hair for Newt, but I don't have any interest in FB to be honest, I have just got the sets and figures for the parts. 

The first WW CMF series could be broken down into the following character types:

Students - 10 (Harry appears twice) 

Teachers - 4

Villains - 1

Creatures - 1

FB - 6

I reckon with the possible postponement we'll be heading to another 22 figure series, but with fewer student characters and more villains and probably order members and Wizarding World characters. Possibly muggles like Mrs Figg (squib, but you know what I mean) or Aunt Marge as we got Jacob before, for variety. 

Think I'd rather characters from Harry potter and the Cursed Child than fantastic beasts at this stage. The last movie was such a mess with lots of characters I could not care less about. And its still possible we are getting the Harry potter series 2 this year, its only a rumour from one person that its been delayed.

42 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Think I'd rather characters from Harry potter and the Cursed Child than fantastic beasts at this stage.

No offense, but they can keep that poorly written fan-fiction :sick: :head_back:

44 minutes ago, Micmac said:

And its still possible we are getting the Harry potter series 2 this year, its only a rumour from one person that its been delayed.

Except that one person is Itaria, our resident god of CMF intel, and as far as I’m aware, he’s never been wrong before :classic:

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

Think I'd rather characters from Harry potter and the Cursed Child than fantastic beasts at this stage. The last movie was such a mess with lots of characters I could not care less about. And its still possible we are getting the Harry potter series 2 this year, its only a rumour from one person that its been delayed.

I definetely disagree, just thinking of CH makes me sick. And at least the Fantastic Beasts figures would look great alongside the other figures and sets, CH figures wouldn't fit in anywhere (bar the possible robes). I'd rather get a random FB character like Skender than black Hermione

I'm not sure the Cursed Child is covered by Lego's Licence, but it's a play that is only on in the UK, USA and Australia at the moment, so doesn't have the worldwide reach of the films. 

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

I understand that people have major problems with the Cursed Child script, but the play itself is an absolutely incredible experience and contains some really amazing costumes, so it would definitely be cool to see them replicated in LEGO form. That being said, I highly doubt TLG would make Cursed Child figures seeing as its currently just a play and not a film. Maybe if they ever film the stage production and screen it in cinemas there could be a chance of getting minifigures and sets, but I definitely don't think TLG would make those now. 

I definitely had my problems with Crimes of Grindelwald, and I didn't even collect all of the Series 1 Fantastic Beasts minifigures, but I still think it would be awesome to get new figures for people like Leta, Young Dumbledore, and Nagini, and some new looks for Newt and the crew. It would be great to get those figures in new sets based on the movie but I'm totally fine with them coming in the new CMF series.

5 minutes ago, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

I understand that people have major problems with the Cursed Child script, but the play itself is an absolutely incredible experience and contains some really amazing costumes, so it would definitely be cool to see them replicated in LEGO form.

I have no doubt that the play must be amazing to witness and I have no problems with the concept of a black Hermione, but as you say, it’s the script that’s incredibly off-putting :sick: I’m always praising PoA for its clever depiction of time travel and then they throw it all out the window for some mediocre fan-fiction.

CoG also has its fair share of issues, but those are definitely salvageable in future FB installments. There is no fixing CC, except throwing the script in the dustbin and starting from scratch

6 hours ago, Seaber said:

I'm not sure the Cursed Child is covered by Lego's Licence, but it's a play that is only on in the UK, USA and Australia at the moment, so doesn't have the worldwide reach of the films. 

It also started in Germany(Hamburg) these days.

7 hours ago, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

I understand that people have major problems with the Cursed Child script, but the play itself is an absolutely incredible experience and contains some really amazing costumes, so it would definitely be cool to see them replicated in LEGO form. That being said, I highly doubt TLG would make Cursed Child figures seeing as its currently just a play and not a film. Maybe if they ever film the stage production and screen it in cinemas there could be a chance of getting minifigures and sets, but I definitely don't think TLG would make those now. 

I definitely had my problems with Crimes of Grindelwald, and I didn't even collect all of the Series 1 Fantastic Beasts minifigures, but I still think it would be awesome to get new figures for people like Leta, Young Dumbledore, and Nagini, and some new looks for Newt and the crew. It would be great to get those figures in new sets based on the movie but I'm totally fine with them coming in the new CMF series.

I wholeheartedly agree on Cursed Child. The script is cringeworthy and I couldn’t read past the scene where the Trolley Lady turns into a liquid metal terminator, but when I actually got a chance to see it on stage I found it easy to ignore the ridiculousness of the plot and get swept up in the spectacle of it all. The costume designs would be fun to see in minifigure form but the play just doesn’t have the reach to be as recognized as the movies. Plus the whole question of licensing.  

In contrast, FB has plenty of characters that are universally recognized, including several that tie into the original Harry Potter story. Plus, there’s a specific movie release that they want to tie the CMF to. 

If they brought out cursed child sets or figures they would not sell well, for the reasons stated, and I would hate a black hermione. I have no problems with a black character but hermione is just wrong and I think it would confuse children (I don’t know why they made her black, stupid inconsistencies) however fantastic beast figures would be amazing, if there are 22 instead of 16 then it’s not like we are missing out on Harry Potter things by getting fb things they are just extra

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I wholeheartedly agree on Cursed Child. The script is cringeworthy and I couldn’t read past the scene where the Trolley Lady turns into a liquid metal terminator, but when I actually got a chance to see it on stage I found it easy to ignore the ridiculousness of the plot and get swept up in the spectacle of it all. The costume designs would be fun to see in minifigure form but the play just doesn’t have the reach to be as recognized as the movies. Plus the whole question of licensing.  

In contrast, FB has plenty of characters that are universally recognized, including several that tie into the original Harry Potter story. Plus, there’s a specific movie release that they want to tie the CMF to. 

I think it's a bit like cats the play and cats the movie. I never read the cursed child book, I head it was an awful read. Whereas the play is great fun and the story works a lot better as a play. The magic is amazing in it. And regarding the minifigures, in my fantasy world I think there are some cool options for minifigures in it. Future versions of some of the original characters and teachers and school robes for Slytherin for the main two kids. I would watch the play again no problem rather than watch the crimes of Grindelwade ever again.

27 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I think it's a bit like cats the play and cats the movie. I never read the cursed child book, I head it was an awful read. Whereas the play is great fun and the story works a lot better as a play. The magic is amazing in it. And regarding the minifigures, in my fantasy world I think there are some cool options for minifigures in it. Future versions of some of the original characters and teachers and school robes for Slytherin for the main two kids. I would watch the play again no problem rather than watch the crimes of Grindelwade ever again.

I have never seen the play so I can't say if it is or isn't good. But the only reason I haven't thrown away the script/book is because it would be a waste of my money, it was an awfull read and I honestly don't know how I managed to get through the entire thing. Maybe somewhere down the line, when lego is running out of ideas, they could make sets based off of CH but I most likely won't be interested in them. 

59 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

If they brought out cursed child sets or figures they would not sell well, for the reasons stated, and I would hate a black hermione. I have no problems with a black character but hermione is just wrong and I think it would confuse children (I don’t know why they made her black, stupid inconsistencies) however fantastic beast figures would be amazing, if there are 22 instead of 16 then it’s not like we are missing out on Harry Potter things by getting fb things they are just extra

No offense, but would you please stop complaining about how they’ve cast black actresses to play Hermione. JKR has supported the decision - stating that she never specified Hermione’s race in the books, the movies have already played fast and loose with some of the character appearances from the books, and ultimately the play and movies are different cannons that aren’t obliged to conform to each other’s visual appearances. With so many other things to dislike about the production, the fact that you’re so hung up on it is coming off as uncomfortably racist. 

Warner Brothers have brought the rights to the Cursed Child. That said I'd prefer if they stick too the films since there's so much to cover from both HP and FB.