Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

And one of them is a D2C?

No the D2C is still an unconfirmed rumour that no trustworthy leaker has validated. The two August sets are £100 and another one whose price is still unknown. 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

10 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

No the D2C is still an unconfirmed rumour that no trustworthy leaker has validated. The two August sets are £100 and another one in the £20-40 price bracket 

Thanks for the clarification. I really hope they’ll release a D2C as well. It would be an instant buy if they release Diagon Alley as a D2C.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

No the D2C is still an unconfirmed rumour that no trustworthy leaker has validated

Given how the D2C was only (vaguely) hinted at by 1 random guy I must say I have no faith in it's existence

Have we not gotten a overview of the D2C this year yet? Last year I think it leaked early if I remember right..
If we know how many sets there are coming, there is easier to see if there is any possible spots for any WW D2C this year :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Have we not gotten a overview of the D2C this year yet? Last year I think it leaked early if I remember right..
If we know how many sets there are coming, there is easier to see if there is any possible spots for any WW D2C this year :shrug_oh_well:

Nope, and even if there was a list, it wouldn‘t necessarily be complete. Last year, we had a D2C list quite early-on, but some sets (the Upside Down comes to mind) weren‘t on there :wink: 

What we do have is a Creator Expert list, but that‘s about it 

11 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

No the D2C is still an unconfirmed rumour that no trustworthy leaker has validated. The two August sets are £100 and another one in the £20-40 price bracket 

Is the £20-40 price range for smaller set confirmed? That's the first time I'm seeing it.

48 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is the £20-40 price range for smaller set confirmed? That's the first time I'm seeing it.

I dont recall having a price for the smaller set either. If it's a guess you should definetely label it as such @Darth Shadowthrone, this is how fake rumors start :wink:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I dont recall having a price for the smaller set either. If it's a guess you should definetely label it as such @Darth Shadowthrone, this is how fake rumors start :wink:

My mistake, I think I was thinking about speculation a few pages back about one of the two August sets from a while back being at a lower price range. I have now edited the comment. Thanks for raising that point. 

Anyone seen these? Great use of the mini and micro builds, very creative.

Edited by jmckrew
embedded link

6 hours ago, jmckrew said:

Anyone seen these? Great use of the mini and micro builds, very creative.

Those story books look awesome! I'd love to see a Tales of Beedle the Bard one showing the Tale of the Three Brothers, hopefully as an official Deathly Hallows set, but that's pure wishlisting.

Do you all think there’s a chance that Slughorn’s hourglass could potentially make it into the Astronomy Tower set since it has Slughorn’s office? It would be a really neat piece to get.

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Do you all think there’s a chance that Slughorn’s hourglass could potentially make it into the Astronomy Tower set since it has Slughorn’s office? It would be a really neat piece to get.

I wondered that myself - there was an hourglass piece in a few Elves sets in 2016, and as far as I know it was only ever made in pink, so a green recolor of that could be cool.

So a Lego Star Wars Razor Crest, which is now available for preorder from S@H for September, has just been revealed at the NYTF. So as I have yet to be able to watch The Mandalorian the hype is completely lost on me and I'm just over here hoping that Lego will reveal some HP sets to the public at the NYTF. ?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

So a Lego Star Wars Razor Crest, which is now available for preorder from S@H for September, has just been revealed at the NYTF. So as I have yet to be able to watch The Mandalorian the hype is completely lost on me and I'm just over here hoping that Lego will reveal some HP sets to the public at the NYTF. ?

Don’t be surprised if this is our only 2HY reveal :purrr: 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don’t be surprised if this is our only 2HY reveal :purrr: 

I wouldn't ...but until it's all over we still have hope ?

I’ve just seen the new baby Yoda figure and I think with wings and antennas it could really work as a pixie! 
the size would be a bit too big, but I think that size is neccessary for the details. hopefully we‘ll get some pictures of HP sets from the NY Toy fair!

24 minutes ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I’ve just seen the new baby Yoda figure and I think with wings and antennas it could really work as a pixie! 
the size would be a bit too big, but I think that size is neccessary for the details. hopefully we‘ll get some pictures of HP sets from the NY Toy fair!

Maybe, but the antenna would need to be printed on, and it would need a new custom body with wings anyway; we'll probably get a whole pixie someday with the same sort of scale and detail as baby Groot from the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets (either in a Defence Against the Dark Arts Cornish Pixies set, or with Lockhart in the next CMF series).

On 2/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, RODDY said:

Definitely, I hope it is included also :D

On 2/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, RODDY said:

Was looking at that piece on bricklink, hope they do one in green. If Slughorn was in the cfm packets he probably would get this piece but I feel the interiors of last years sets were a bit lacking so Im not expecting it. 

On 2/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

i never was into harry potter but i do admit lego has made lots of great sets over the years

but with 100s of characters in the books how do fans keep up with whos missing in minig form

I gave up trying to keeping track of everything.  If I'm not sure I type the character's name into Bricklink to see if a minifigure entry is there. 

1 hour ago, hagridshut said:

I gave up trying to keeping track of everything.  If I'm not sure I type the character's name into Bricklink to see if a minifigure entry is there. 

I wish I knew about that site a year ago. My kids and I got into Harry Potter Lego with the 2018 sets, I went on eBay to look for older minifigs to round out our collection, I thought I was getting official figures for old sets, but ended up with counterfeits, Now, I use Bricklink and Brickset to find out what official figures were put out and make sure I'm looking for those.

I know this is probably a weird question to ask but I don’t think it’s ever been spoken about, does anyone know what is happening with box art for the hp sets, are they sticking with the blue box or will they change it like the old hp sets, I know the first two (maybe three) waves of hp lego had the brown box and then it changed for each wave after that until the 2010/2011 waves both had red box, does anyone know if they are just sticking with blue box or will they ever change it?

5 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I know this is probably a weird question to ask but I don’t think it’s ever been spoken about, does anyone know what is happening with box art for the hp sets, are they sticking with the blue box or will they change it like the old hp sets, I know the first two (maybe three) waves of hp lego had the brown box and then it changed for each wave after that until the 2010/2011 waves both had red box, does anyone know if they are just sticking with blue box or will they ever change it?

Since the boxart showcassed the older trio even during the movie 1-2 wave I think this is the boxart they'll use untill the theme ends, but we really have no way of knowing. We can only speculate but that's kinda pointless imo

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We can only speculate but that's kinda pointless imo

True. The only difference between the 2018 and 2019 boxart was the colour of the font (silver vs gold), but that‘s it. I assume if there even is a change this year, it‘d be something minor like that :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

True. The only difference between the 2018 and 2019 boxart was the colour of the font (silver vs gold), but that‘s it. I assume if there even is a change this year, it‘d be something minor like that :laugh:

I honestly hadn't even noticed that colour change :shrug_oh_well: