Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

WIth a $100 set in the August wave I really hope there is no D2C this year

Has there ever been a licensed CMF without a companion D2C? The only ones I can think of is the first TLBM CMF and the new DC series. Maybe the DC CMF is a hint for what Lego will do from now on, but since HP is popular with adults as well as kids (who are seen as having more disposable income than kids), surely they'll make a new D2C?

3 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

I think the best chances now for the $99 one has the WWW set, as it has a very iconic exterior and a lot inside as well.

The Burrow I think will be saved for next year, as the main set, as I don't see any other iconic part left they could use as a big main set for DH. Here they could include Hagrids Motobike as well.

Grimmauld Place with the exterior, has only chances as a big D2C in my opinion.

I just don’t see the WWW happening on its own, specially at $99. Sure, there’s a lot going on inside but it’s too repetitive for a set; sounds more like a LEGO ideas entry to me or a custom. If it ever gets made I think the focus will be on the exterior.

Unless... unless this $99 set is WWW AND borgin and burkes? Huh. They both appear in HBP after all. Be it this possible “mini diagon alley” or the burrow, we would have 2 Ootp sets and 2 HBP sets, who knows what the last set might be.

BUT, and it’s a big but, that would leave us with two small Ootp sets and 2 huge HBP sets (in case it is the burrow, WWW or whatever) which doesn’t make any sense! So maybe the $99 set is based on Ootp, or neither. Lmao. I can’t think of any huge setting in Ootp except the ministry of magic (veil area/statue area/prophecy area) and the  possible minifigs would be Lucius, Bellatrix, Voldemort, Harry, Ginny, Neville, Luna, Hermione, Ron? 

Edited by Otherworld

If we get the Burrow, which could include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Arthur, Molly, Bellatrix, Fenrir, Tonks and Remus Lupin, I hope that for the DH wave they make an attachment set which consists of the wedding and it includes Bill, Fleur, Muriel, Elphias Doge, Harry and Luna. Maybe Xenophilius' house will be made in another set and we can have him there. Maybe the Malfoy's Mannor will be the $100 set next wave. 

Rufus Scrimgeour could be easily included in the Wedding set, even when his scene is when they are preparing the tent.

Edited by RAMcGonagall

On 2/6/2020 at 9:59 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

I had no idea the dragon would look so good on the tower.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, BacktoBricks said:

I love the dragon and the broomstick on top of the towers. :)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! 

As for the $100 set, I’m putting my money on the Dumstrang Boat. Every wave so far has been following the formula and this year’s leaked sets so far is missing a vehicle set. Don’t think the it will be Diagon Alley related because that’s probably the D2C and The Burrow will probably get done in the next wave. Though personally I just want a Merpeople set so we can have all three tasks.

10 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

If we get the Burrow, which could include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Arthur, Molly, Bellatrix, Fenrir, Tonks and Remus Lupin.

Pretty sure it would be Ginny instead of Hermione.

Btw, the 2 sets are confirmed by falconfan.

I feel like some people are giving very specific wishlists with very specific minifigures and that’s a great way to set yourself up for disappointment

Just now, Otherworld said:

Pretty sure it would be Ginny instead of Hermione.

Btw, the 2 sets are confirmed by falconfan.

Yes, it’s nice to have them confirmed now

It's really great to have those 2 sets confirmed. I hope the cheaper one is HBP based, it's my second-favourite HP movie, and I don't know if I'll be able to buy the Astronomy Tower. 

@Falconfan1414 Are you able to also confirm the price of 75980? If it's actually $100?

Where does the D2C talk even come from? No reputable leaker has mentioned something even remotely similair to a D2C yet everyone seems confident there is one coming

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like some people are giving very specific wishlists with very specific minifigures and that’s a great way to set yourself up for disappointment

That's not a feeling, that's a fact :wink:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where does the D2C talk even come from?

The German youtuber who first reported from Nuremberg said that there was "a large set" he was informed about :classic:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The German youtuber who first reported from Nuremberg said that there was "a large set" he was informed about :classic:

He also said Privet Drive was The Burrow so he obviously didn’t know what he was talking about. I would take everything he said with a large grain of salt

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I thought the "large set" was what turned out to be the brick-built Hedwig, no?

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wasn't that the Hedwig set he was referring to?

I don’t think a D2C is unlikely this year but I do think we should check our expectations. I’m only saying this because I do it to myself far too often and then I end up focusing on what we didn’t get as opposed to all the great stuff we did get

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's really great to have those 2 sets confirmed. I hope the cheaper one is HBP based, it's my second-favourite HP movie, and I don't know if I'll be able to buy the Astronomy Tower. 

@Falconfan1414 Are you able to also confirm the price of 75980? If it's actually $100?

That’s why I’ve been thinking that if the $100 price rumor is true then it’s going to be OotP based. So far the only movie not to have a $15-$20 set is SS/PS, and it got a polybag and basically ever activity book currently published is based off that first movie, so it makes sense for HBP to have a cheaper set. On top of that every movie so far has had a set in the $70-$100 range, and right now we’ve only got word of two OotP sets in the $20-30 range.  It would feel unfair to the HBP fans on a tight budget not to have an affordable set of their favorite movie, and equally unfair to the OotP fans who can afford it not to have a nice large set of their favorite movie - and from Lego’s point of view it sells more sets. 

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, because whatever he was referring to wasn't on display :wink:

actually, I thought the Hedwig set wasn’t on display - we only know about it because it was described to the people who saw the other four sets

This is from earlier in the thread, take it which way you want:

On 2/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, Sir Godric said:

I have been to a lego funstore this weekend and the store manager told me that there will be a D2C Set.

But he wasn't allowed to tell me more.

JediJacPenguin has it on his website as well who has a proven track record. Would make sense as well considering that the first wave had both a CMF and D2C where last year had no CMF or D2C.

6 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I really appreciate this comment :roflmao:

Spot on!

My partner is going to kill me! 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I’m holding out hope that the $100 set is a Chamber Of Secrets

That connects to Hogwarts! 

Which possibly means 3 add on sets in a year? 

Would  Lego even do that? 

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hedwig is the 40€ set (75979). It's only 25cm wide with its wings unfold.

Are you sure? That seems way too cheap considering the porg was 70€

1 hour ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Are you sure? That seems way too cheap considering the porg was 70€

This is supposed to be a lot smaller than that. Plus I imagine a Disney license costs more than WB

Can't wait for new sets. I think looking to the past few years might give us a better idea what we might be getting this year. So just focusing on the play sets.

In 2018 we got:

2 Castle scenes (Great Hall and Whomping Willow)

2 Vehicles (Hogwarts Express and Grindelwald carriage)

3 Scenes (Newts case, quidditch and spider)

In 2019 we got:

1 Castle (Clock Tower)

1 Other Building (Hagrid's hut)

2 Vehicles (Beauxbatons' Carriage, Nightbus) 

3 Scenes (Graveyard, Dragon and Expecto patronum)

2020 sets so far:

1 Castle (Astronomy tower)

1 Other Building (Privet Drive)

0 Vehicles

2 Scenes (Room of Requirement, Forbidden forest) 

So with two more sets coming in August one must be a vehicle and the other a scene set. If one of the sets is 100 could it possible be the Durmstrang ship. I can't imagine any other big vehicle. Maybe the ship comes with the second task and merpeople.

27 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Can't wait for new sets. I think looking to the past few years might give us a better idea what we might be getting this year. So just focusing on the play sets.

In 2018 we got:

2 Castle scenes (Great Hall and Whomping Willow)

2 Vehicles (Hogwarts Express and Grindelwald carriage)

3 Scenes (Newts case, quidditch and spider)

In 2019 we got:

1 Castle (Clock Tower)

1 Other Building (Hagrid's hut)

2 Vehicles (Beauxbatons' Carriage, Nightbus) 

3 Scenes (Graveyard, Dragon and Expecto patronum)

2020 sets so far:

1 Castle (Astronomy tower)

1 Other Building (Privet Drive)

0 Vehicles

2 Scenes (Room of Requirement, Forbidden forest) 

So with two more sets coming in August one must be a vehicle and the other a scene set. If one of the sets is 100 could it possible be the Durmstrang ship. I can't imagine any other big vehicle. Maybe the ship comes with the second task and merpeople.

That's an interesting analysis. Whilst there was certainly a lot of wishlisting about it last year, it feels like the Durmstrang Ship has been largely forgotten about at the moment, probably largely because of the idea that the sets this year will focus on OOP or HBP. And you could well be right; I would say that the ship appears so briefly in the movie that you wouldn't think that Lego would turn it into a set, but the fact that they made the Beauxbaton carriage negates that argument. The only other thing is, I don't think there are enough vehicles to sustain the structure you've laid out so I suspect this year may be the one that breaks that mould and we don't get any 'vehicles' as such.

Edited by BacktoBricks