Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I’ll believe it once a reputable leaker confirms it. Currently, there is no source backing this claim, at least as far as I know :shrug_oh_well:

I feel the exact same way. Maybe @Falconfan1414 can tell us wether or not these sets exist?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I feel the exact same way. Maybe @Falconfan1414 can tell us wether or not these sets exist?

If we will get 2 more sets in August i dont mind which sets we are getting.

I am sure i will love all of them.:sweet::sweet:

I have to think more about how to get all the money for the sets:laugh_hard:

I have a hard time believing we will see a Grimmauld Place set. Just don't see it translate well into a toy that would spark the interest of children.

My assumptions:

$99.99: The burrow because im pretty sure they would make it much bigger then the last one.

the blank set, i assume to be a cheap set like the Inferi cave. 

The characters that were in the ministry fight could be included in the CMF.

not gonna lie, I doubt Lego is going to make Grimmauld Place.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

19 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

My assumptions:

$99.99: The burrow because im pretty sure they would make it much bigger then the last one.

I agree, it's not hard to imagine a burrow the size of the Clocktower.

39 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

My assumptions:

That might happen but I still see based around deathly Hallows pt1. Looking at that movie we dont have many action scenes that can appeal to children as play features. Not including the burrow, we have the flight of the 7 Harry's but as the dursley house is being done, we only have mini figs on brooms (several of which may be harry). We have the ministry of magic but if they were to do a set on that, the fans all seem to rather ootp first so I dont see that happening in a dh wave. Godric Hollow, malfoy manor and the burrow are the only real contenders (I don't think the cafe showdown or Hermione tent will make sets on their own.)

Edited by DNSNVN01
Apologies if I forgot any other big scenes. I just remember the locket as a other one but if they do the inferi cave I cant see them using two sets revolving the locket unless, the have a side build in malfoy manor of the wood area where they destroyed it

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

I have a hard time believing we will see a Grimmauld Place set. Just don't see it translate well into a toy that would spark the interest of children.

And there aren't really any other sets to complement Grimmauld Place. I think whatever you do (for someone with a small budget) it will look like it doesn't really belong in a display.

I also just don't see it selling well. A Hogwarts set can appeal to non-fans just as well as to fans, GP not so much

Speculation is fine and all, but shouldn’t we first wait for someone to confirm these two alleged sets? Otherwise we’re only setting ourselves up for disappointment if the sets turn out either to be non-existent or way smaller than imagined :grin:

16 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

That might happen but I still see based around deathly Hallows pt1. Looking at that movie we dont have many action scenes that can appeal to children as play features. Not including the burrow, we have the flight of the 7 Harry's but as the dursley house is being done, we only have mini figs on brooms (several of which may be harry). We have the ministry of magic but if they were to do a set on that, the fans all seem to rather ootp first so I dont see that happening in a dh wave. Godric Hollow, malfoy manor and the burrow are the only real contenders (I don't think the cafe showdown or Hermione tent will make sets on their own.)

I can definitely see them doing a set with a tent, snape‘s patronus and the gryffindor sword for DH1. And for the rumored 99.99.- set I think (and hope) it’s the burrow. I would love to have a grimmauld place set but it’s just not Characteristic enough for a lego set. Even I, a big big Harry Potter fan, could not tell right now how the outside of grimmauld place exactly looks like.

the only way I see them doing a grimmauld place set is without the exterieur - so just a table, fireplace and Kreacher with a few other Minifigures, but not the whole building. If they do a whole grimmauld place set they need to do it right and big enough for around 199,99€.

Edited by AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian

5 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I feel like Grimmauld Place will just end up being the setting for an Advent Calendar. 

Yes, that’s what I mean. either a small set or an advent calendar with a lot of small Christmas builds, kreacher, a well dressed Sirius, etc.

32 minutes ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

kreacher

I think there are high chances for Kreacher to appear in the CMF

Edited by RAMcGonagall

In defence of Grimmauld Place, it could have #11 and #13 sliding to reveal #12 with moving railings, moving curtains by Mrs Black's portrait, extendable ears, a dining room, a bedroom and a room with the Black family tapestry and cupboard with locket and other trinkets in it. There is plenty for a set. 

Much like Hogwarts Express appealing to Trains fans, a potential Durmstrang ship to Pirates fans etc, this London-style house could be popular to Town and Modular Building fans. 

I reckon there is enough for kids, AFOLs and HP fans there, personally.

8 minutes ago, Seaber said:

In defence of Grimmauld Place, it could have #11 and #13 sliding to reveal #12 with moving railings, moving curtains by Mrs Black's portrait, extendable ears, a dining room, a bedroom and a room with the Black family tapestry and cupboard with locket and other trinkets in it. There is plenty for a set. 

I think you're underestimating how quickly you'll reach a $200+ pricepoint with such a concept. And Grimmauld Place in general just doesn't really have the same appeal as a portion of Hogwarts Castle, especially considering GP is considerably less important/present in the movies these sets are all based on

Really nice to see we’re getting more sets (still taking it with a grain of salt until more sources corroborate it). Hopefully we get names soon although I don’t think we got any info on last year’s August wave until the official reveal if I remember correctly

Honestly I think Grimmauld Place would work easily in Lego. It’s more a matter of what they want to prioritize. I’m not sure they would want two house builds on shelves at the same time. People might end of choosing between Grimmauld Place and Privet Drive because of the similar themes. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Much like Hogwarts Express appealing to Trains fans, a potential Durmstrang ship to Pirates fans etc, this London-style house could be popular to Town and Modular Building fans. 

I reckon there is enough for kids, AFOLs and HP fans there, personally.

I did not wanted to say that I wouldn’t love a grimmauld place set. I just don’t think it could be the rumored 99$ set, because they will likely make it as a really small set/advent calendar or like an exclusive set for collectors/die hard Harry Potter fans for at least 200$. I don’t believe it’s possible to make a statisfying set for less and I also don’t think they would make a playset for children for that price. - but in conclusion, all I wanted to say is that it’s more likely that the 99$ set is the burrow.

Edited by AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian

I think the best chances now for the $99 one has the WWW set, as it has a very iconic exterior and a lot inside as well.

The Burrow I think will be saved for next year, as the main set, as I don't see any other iconic part left they could use as a big main set for DH. Here they could include Hagrids Motobike as well.

Grimmauld Place with the exterior, has only chances as a big D2C in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Minga 089 said:

I think the best chances now for the $99 one has the WWW set, as it has a very iconic exterior and a lot inside as well.

The Burrow I think will be saved for next year, as the main set, as I don't see any other iconic part left they could use as a big main set for DH. Here they could include Hagrids Motobike as well.

I think it's much more likely that we get The Burrow as this year's $100, and the Hogwarts viaduct/entrance courtyard as the flagship set of next year.  I think WWW will be part of a Diagon Alley D2C, and I really hope we don't get Grimmauld Place at all, honestly.  I mean, I personally have little interest, but I respect the opinion of those who are hoping for it.

However, who knows?  You may be much more right than I am.  Time will tell...

2 minutes ago, Minga 089 said:

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Minga 089 said:

I could also see it being WWW - either way they can not leave us without the weasleys any longer! ?

Since everyone else already shared there displays I thought i show my cluttered collection 

I modded a single room in the staircase tower barely to make my own charms classroom

On 2/8/2020 at 12:25 PM, Guyon2002 said:

In conclusion: there are some great exclusive figures (4 exclusives, I don't count McGonagall as one) and prints (acceptance letter). The builds are quite decent and usefull, the ones that aren't usefull have some decent pieces. It also has a pretty great PPR for a licensed set. I love it, now it's up to you to make your decision :wink:

Well given the current price I will consider it. At full price it would’ve been a no. Thanks for your insight!

The 2 possible August sets are great news! - If it is true -, then it would be 4 sets in June, a buildable Hedwig, 2 more sets in August, the CMFs, advent calendar, D2C and possible brickheadz? It sounds surreal! I honestly want the D2C to be minifig scale! But I wonder if it’s too much for a year?

Either way, I do believe it is possible to get the burrow this year and the wedding section next year. We could get up to 10 minifigs! We could get Harry, Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Bellatrix, Fenrir, Molly, Arthur and either Ron, OR Fred and George! The Great hall retailed for the same price after all, and had 10 minifigs. 

IMO there is still a lot of material left for DH and the remaining missing sets, not to mention the possible FB sets next year.

Edited by Otherworld