Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

This is how I‘m displaying them:

Since there‘s no way for me to physically connect the Hogwarts sets, I just display them next to one another :purrr: The picture is a bit outdated in that the Knight Bus already had to resettled next to the Hogwarts Express in order to make space for the upcoming Astronomy Tower :classic:

Oh wow. Mine is a lot less fancy, although I do have my figures in a display case (I'll try and upload a pic later). My sets are just on shelves though. Dust is my enemy.

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I built custom shelves for the new sets, with the length and depth that I wanted. Works really well, but after this next wave I may have to make more 

My dad built me some 'custom shelves' so to speak to fit in a corner of my room. I have the ability to move the shelves up or down in case of height changes (very handy when you don't know how tall the next castle section may be!), but I am limited to a 30cm depth x 100cm length. That's the trouble with Lego; you only ever have so much space. But in the case of this theme I am definitely not complaining. :)

9 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah is pretty hard finding a decent unboxing video on a 20 year old set. Either people buy a sealed box but don't show the building process, or show the building process but without having a sealed box.

Tell me about it. One video said 'unboxing'; the guy proceeded to literally rip open the box (turns out the set inside was used anyway and the box had been taped shut), but it was like watching a horror movie!

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different subject, how do you all display the sets?

Currently, it's displayed like this. But I think it's kinda crowded, so I'm planning on putting some shelves above that for some sets like the FB ones and the Knight Bus, so the table will mainly have Hogwarts and the forest bits as well as King's Cross.

HP table.jpg

22 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Tell me about it. One video said 'unboxing'; the guy proceeded to literally rip open the box (turns out the set inside was used anyway and the box had been taped shut), but it was like watching a horror movie!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I came across that one:laugh_hard: Still have nightmares:sing: and not because of the troll.

23 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

30cm depth x 100cm length. That's the trouble with Lego; you only ever have so much space. But in the case of this theme I am definitely not complaining. :)

Yeah, if you usually find yourself needing about 50cm depth if you want to display everything, but that's hard to pull off, especially if you want display cabinets that deep. Personally I rotate some stuff around from time to time, putting the other sets in boxes for the time being, but that's far from ideal and the boxes are kinda starting to take up too much space.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different subject, how do you all display the sets? I have mine on shelves, but they are only long enough to display the current three castle sections so the Astronomy Tower is going to have to go on the shelf above. Not how it's meant to be obviously, but I'm sure a lot of us don't have surfaces with the depth and breadth to accommodate an ever expanding castle. Hopefully it will look good on it's own as the Great Hall or Clocktower would.

I have a round wooden table, not that big, maybe 80cm in diameter. The Clocktower, Great Hall and Whomping Willow section take up about half. I had to rearrange them a bit to make them fit the round space but it's a great solution for me because this way I can see it from all sides without having to take the whole thing off a shelf. The smaller sets such as the carriage and the knight bus are on a shelf though. I hope I'll be able to extend my castle the same way with the Astronomy tower this year, I'll have to see where they put the connectors.

Love seeing all your amazing display setups. I wish I had space to be able to display all my LEGO Harry Potter sets. Unfortunately living in a rather small house with family of 5 plus 2 cats means space is at a premium. I do however plan to clear out my loft, currently full of star wars, Ghostbusters, Hornby, corgi and video game collections that I'm selling (partly to pay for more Harry Potter LEGO sets). I'd love to have a huge table up there to build a custom Wizarding World setup, probably half vintage sets (2001-2012) and the other half with all the current sets displayed.

I just purchased the Burrow, Knockturn Alley and Shrieking shack sets, only about 10 sets left to complete the collection (at least until the 2020 sets are available)

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different subject, how do you all display the sets?

I think I'm too new to post images in the thread, but I put some online.

https://imgur.com/a/z5OTsXB

Mine get played with fairly often by the kids. They're on shelves by height, so the Great Hall and Clock Tower, Then all the forest sets, Then the Smaller castle set, and quiditch field.

I have picked specific mini-figs, that I've bought duplicates of that I've bagged and put away so once some get lost I can still have good displays.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different subject, how do you all display the sets? I have mine on shelves, but they are only long enough to display the current three castle sections so the Astronomy Tower is going to have to go on the shelf above. Not how it's meant to be obviously, but I'm sure a lot of us don't have surfaces with the depth and breadth to accommodate an ever expanding castle. Hopefully it will look good on it's own as the Great Hall or Clocktower would.

That’s my problem as well. I have the sections of Hogwarts on top of a bookshelf...and it’s crowded. I’ll have to find a new home for them once this next wave hits. Everything but the Knight Bus is in plastic containers at the moment, with the Bus in my town.

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

That’s my problem as well. I have the sections of Hogwarts on top of a bookshelf...and it’s crowded

Same, I'll need to find a new place for the sets!

Does anyone think we'll get more Fantastic Beasts sets next year? Or ever? I really hope LEGO makes the remaining characters from CoG.

6 hours ago, tafkatb said:

My personal preference would be for Hogsmeade as a D2C - I feel like the pertinent locations could all be covered in a set around the size of the 2011 Diagon Alley set - but for Diagon Alley to be spread across three or four regular sets that connect à la the Hogwarts modules.

I agree, with the popularity of ‘winter village’ city sets a snow covered Hogsmeade set of about 4 buildings and a street should be a best seller! 

Diagon Alley works for me too as separate sets considering the different scenes in different movies. If I was LEGO I would plan out the following sets:

1. Gringots Bank (PS). A remake of the original essentially, presenting the surface building, foyer, Harry’s volt.

2. Gringots Bank Heist (DHp2). Dragon and Lestrange volt. Volt can connect to set #1.

3. Weasley Wizard Wheezes

4. Diagon Ally Shops. A large set of ‘everything else’: Leaky Cauldron, Ollivanders, the book shop, pet shop etc. Includes Mundungus Fletcher.

Edited by Bugbot20082

3 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Does anyone think we'll get more Fantastic Beasts sets next year? Or ever? I really hope LEGO makes the remaining characters from CoG.

I think the most likely scenario for FB sets next year is one set from CoG (which could be literally anything) and one set based on something we can see in the first trailer for FB3

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

4. Diagon Ally Shops. A large set of ‘everything else’: Leaky Cauldron, Ollivanders, the book shop, pet shop etc. Includes Mundungus Fletcher.

I hope this set includes at least Tom the Innkepper representing the Leaky Caldroun, maybe even Dedalus Diggle.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I think the most likely scenario for FB sets next year is one set from CoG (which could be literally anything) and one set based on something we can see in the first trailer for FB3

So maybe we will just get Youngledore? No Theseus or Leta or Nagini or Vinda or Nicolas Flamel?

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

So maybe we will just get Youngledore? No Theseus or Leta or Nagini or Vinda or Nicolas Flamel?

Completely depends on the CMF. We only know there are 16 figures, we don't actually know if FB is excluded or not (for all we know it's 12 HP and 4 FB). 

As for a possible CoG set next year. I don't think Youngledore and Nagini really stand a chance of being in such a set, the others are much more likely but that would depend on the set.

I think the most viable options (taking in mind the size and price of last years FB set) are:

- Matagots chase - builds: Zouwu and part of the French ministry - figures: Newt, Tina, Leta, Theseus and 1 or 2 Matagots

- Lestrange Mausoleum - build: Mausoleum (and possibly one of those fire dragons) - figures: Newt, Theseus, Flamel, Grindelwald

But with the next wave still being 4 months away it's a bit too early for 2021 speculation

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely depends on the CMF. We only know there are 16 figures, we don't actually know if FB is excluded or not (for all we know it's 12 HP and 4 FB). 

Oh no, I really wouldn't like that. I mean I want FB figures but not when they take up HP slots.

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the most viable options (taking in mind the size and price of last years FB set) are:

- Matagots chase - builds: Zouwu and part of the French ministry - figures: Newt, Tina, Leta, Theseus and 1 or 2 Matagots

- Lestrange Mausoleum - build: Mausoleum (and possibly one of those fire dragons) - figures: Newt, Theseus, Flamel, Grindelwald

But with the next wave still being 4 months away it's a bit too early for 2021 speculation

Theoretically you could combine those two and represent the group’s arrival in the graveyard with the Zouwu, a couple of the matagots that tagged along and a facade of the mausoleum. You’d probably have to cut Theseus from the minifigure lineup but you could include Yosef Kama, Credence and Nagini instead (if we’re talking a similar price point to Newt’s Suitcase the six minifigs isn’t impossible). 

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

we don't actually know if FB is excluded or not (for all we know it's 12 HP and 4 FB

I love Fantastic Beasts but I hope it doesn't take any Harry Potter spots, I kinda wish the CMF was 22 minifigures again...

10 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

My dark ages ended about the time Lego Harry Potter ended. I wanted to catch up on so many themes (especially the new super heroes ones) that I only picked up the freeing dobby set. But around 2016/2017 I got really into HP again. So I was just waiting on some good deal on the old sets when the rumors of 2018 HP came along. I decided on buying a few characters just in case, including Sprout to finish up the house heads and the troll because I always wanted to get him. Still must have Fluffy too somewhere from my childhood, although I don't know where. But for the most part I'm patient for Lego to give us new stuff.

Yeah is pretty hard finding a decent unboxing video on a 20 year old set. Either people buy a sealed box but don't show the building process, or show the building process but without having a sealed box.

I'm so jealous right now. That's exactly what I want but display cabinets are so expensive and everytime I save up the money it somehow gets lost to some Danish bricks. :innocent:

The old sets were almost never really based on a specific Hogwarts section. 4867 isn't either, just looks like a castle section. Closest thing it resembles is probably the viaduct entrance or belltowers, but that's already stretching it. It also borrows a few elements from the astronomy tower in it's left tower. The bridge is most likely a combination of the viaduct (considering it's location and appearance) and the Wooden Bridge (considering it's play feature being based on the scene with Neville (who's also included) blowing up the bridge)

Awesome thanks for the info.

So these new Hogwarts builds are truly something special!

Another question is there anyway the Hogwarts train station can be connected down the track? 

And for a chamber of secrets to work, it would have to be placed and run as an underneath section through the whole castle? It would elavate the  whole display? 

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

And for a chamber of secrets to work, it would have to be placed and run as an underneath section through the whole castle? It would elavate the  whole display? 

I think Lego could just make it as an add-on to the existing castle so it looks normal to the outside but has a walled-off Chamber on the inside that is only accessible from a trapdoor on an upper floor. However that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief when added to the rest of the castle. 

Also with the rumours of a new flying owl mould could it be possibly being made as a tie-in for the buildable hedwig set? Maybe the brick built version can also extend its wings. 

Flying owls is exciting anyway tho, hopefully we get an Owlery at some point 

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think Lego could just make it as an add-on to the existing castle so it looks normal to the outside but has a walled-off Chamber on the inside that is only accessible from a trapdoor on an upper floor. However that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief when added to the rest of the castle. 

Also with the rumours of a new flying owl mould could it be possibly being made as a tie-in for the buildable hedwig set? Maybe the brick built version can also extend its wings. 

Flying owls is exciting anyway tho, hopefully we get an Owlery at some point 

The buildable hedwig has her wings out, that was one of the first things we knew about the set

Hi at all...

I am thinking now for a longer time to buy the big hogwarts castle 71043.

Its not compatible with the other HP sets so how do you think about the microscale style?

Or do you see it just as a separatly set...?

14 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Hi at all...

I am thinking now for a longer time to buy the big hogwarts castle 71043.

Its not compatible with the other HP sets so how do you think about the microscale style?

Or do you see it just as a separatly set...?

It's a seperate set. You can't really do anything with it if minifigures are your thing. Ofcourse it represents the castle very well and is really accurate but it really is a display only set.

I was thinking about getting it too back in 2018 but as minifigures are my favorite thing about lego I decided to leave it and settle for the systemscale sets, which I do not regret at all.

So I guess you'd have to ask yourself what type of fan you are.

Thank you for your opinion.

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a seperate set. You can't really do anything with it if minifigures are your thing. Ofcourse it represents the castle very well and is really accurate but it really is a display only set.

I was thinking about getting it too back in 2018 but as minifigures are my favorite thing about lego I decided to leave it and settle for the systemscale sets, which I do not regret at all.

So I guess you'd have to ask yourself what type of fan you are.

Thank you for your opinion.

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think I came up with the rumor because of an Instagram comment from luckybricks under his post of the privet drive set, but as we now know there’s a buildable Hedwig and I‘m not too sure if he meant that instead of a new mould.

he commented something like „stay exited, there’s also a new Hedwig with spreaded Wings“ and because his comment was unter his privet drive Post I thought this information belongs to that set, because back then I didn’t know about a buildable hedwig.

I first came out of my dark ages with the arrival of the Architecture theme, where every model is a different scale depending on what suits the source material best, which may be why, as my collection expanded into other themes, I never really cared about whether things are in scale with each other as long as the build is interesting. So I have both 71043 and all the System-scale Hogwarts modules; I see them as different but equally valid interpretations of the same source material.

1 minute ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I think I came up with the rumor because of an Instagram comment from luckybricks under his post of the privet drive set, but as we now know there’s a buildable Hedwig and I‘m not too sure if he meant that instead of a new mould.

he commented something like „stay exited, there’s also a new Hedwig with spreaded Wings“ and because his comment was unter his privet drive Post I thought this information belongs to that set, because back then I didn’t know about a buildable hedwig.

Thank you that's a really useful bit of context. I'll make sure to keep my expectations in check, I did wonder if a flying Hedwig in Privet Drive made sense considering she's locked in her cage.