Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, LEGO Boy said:

No Death Eaters (again)

Azkaban
You should be ashamed

Well since you're being a nitpicky, with a guys spelling. Technically there is a death eater in the astronomy tower set (draco is a death eater in hbp) and in previous waves, we had a death eater in the graveyard along with pettigrew, another death eater, we had snape in wave 1, and he's a death eater. Macnair in Hagrids hut was also a death eater, as was Barry crouch Jr in the cmf. We have plenty if you think about it with draco coming next year

11 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I was thinking and the look for the Founders minifigures was taken from the real Chocolate Frog Cards, so maybe is there a chance to get more of those characters like Artemisia Lufkin in more D2C sets? For example, a ministry one could have Artemisia Lufkin, Rufus Scrimgeous, Pius Thicknesse and maybe a new variant of Cornelius Fudge, a Hogsmeade one could have Hengist of Woodcroft, Madam Pudifoot and Madam Rosmerta, a Quidditch One could have Quidditch related players,...

I thought they were based on portraits from the films, rather than the cards. As the characters you mentioned don't appear in the films I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is not even close to being the worst wave

So far each wave has been great IMO, I think fan opinion is heavily against the user you quoted :) 

The choice of minifigures seems disappointing to me. No masked OotP Death Eaters, no OotP Dementors, no HBP Dumbledore, no McGonnagall in her black outfit, no Thestrals, no young Tom Riddle.

27 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Well since you're being a nitpicky, with a guys spelling. Technically there is a death eater in the astronomy tower set (draco is a death eater in hbp) and in previous waves, we had a death eater in the graveyard along with pettigrew, another death eater, we had snape in wave 1, and he's a death eater. Macnair in Hagrids hut was also a death eater, as was Barry crouch Jr in the cmf. We have plenty if you think about it with draco coming next year

Draco? It's hard to call him a Death Eater
Death Eater at the Graveyard? This costume appears only in the Goblet of Fire, then it will change
Macnair? He is dressed like an executioner, not a Death Eater
Crouch? This is Moody. It cannot be considered a separate minifigure
Snape? As a Death Eater, he wore a completely black robe with a cloak

Therefore, we can only consider Peter

Where are the others?

Bellatrix, Lucius, Fenrir, Karkaroff
And the Death Eater in his traditional costume

Unfortunatly I was very busy the last days, so I first find time today to comment on the leaks.

I really like this upcoming line. Grawp and AT were on my prediction and wish list, so I'm really happy about it.

ROR Sound like a very nice set and I'm happy to get more patronuses. Hope that we get a wooden Death Eater statue as well.

Grawp with the centaures is 100% perfect.

The Privat drive came as a surprise for me, but though about it and think they were planing it based on year 5, but than decided to add the Ford Anglia to give Children more playfeatures, as they are their main target group. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are maybe in that set not that screen acurate and give us the minifigures with year 5 design and Dobby with his shoes and blue Eyes from HP7. So if they do so we would also get the missing Ron from OotP.

I really like the AT set with Greenhouse and another Common Room. Just hope it isn't only the beds. Like some already suggested I think the AT is based on the Slug Party what I really like. (Just hope we get Cormac and Ginny as well.)

Not keen at the Hedwig set at the Moment, but won't Judge till I see it.

Advent calender with exclusive figures sounds good as well. Also the CMF Series 2. 

Think that we will get 2 more August set Releases, similar to the last year , with a size that would be perfect for the HBP Cave and Ministery Battle.

Also thought about the missing villains and Ginny. I think they will for sure come with time and TLG has plan it very well, to give us as many characters as possible and not, 5 time the same Bellatrix Figure for example. What I really like. And remember they also need some good characters if they wanna revisted the years and do the missing sets.

btw, expecting Lucius to be the villain of CMF Series 2 so that they can give us him with his walking stick. But mostly hope that we get Pomfrey, Sprout and Lockhard in the CMF.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:29 PM, Minga 089 said:

Also thought about the missing villains and Ginny. I think they will for sure come with time and TLG has plan it very well, to give us as many characters as possible and not, 5 time the same Bellatrix Figure for example. What I really like. And remember they also need some good characters if they wanna revisted the years and do the missing sets.

If this happens, then not soon.

The sets we were supposed to get:

"Protecting the Stone"

(with Fluffy, Devil's Snare, flying keys, Wizard's Chess)

"Chamber of Secrets"

(with Statue of Slytherin, Basilisk)

"The Shrieking Shack"

(With werewolf)

"Durmstrang Ship"

(With Karkaroff and Mermaids)

This is only the most basic

On 2/4/2020 at 1:37 PM, Albert with an A said:

Do you think that Harry and other students will still use the medium legs or full length legs in this wave? 

Full length only

Edited by LEGO Boy
Hagrid's Hut has nothing to do with it

1 minute ago, Albert with an A said:

Do you think that Harry and other students will still use the medium legs or full length legs in this wave?

I think medium for year 5 and full lengh for year 6 on.

52 minutes ago, Seaber said:

So far each wave has been great IMO, I think fan opinion is heavily against the user you quoted :)  

Most true fans are extremely unhappy about the lack of many important sets and characters

I am talking exclusively about those who bought absolutely everything and use sets not only as decoration on a shelf

7 minutes ago, LEGO Boy said:

Most true fans are extremely unhappy about the lack of many important sets and characters

I am talking exclusively about those who bought absolutely everything and use sets not only as decoration on a shelf

You're describing me there, and I disagree with everything you said. 

Nevermind, I hope one day Lego give you the sets you want, but I'm very satisfied as a fan of the series and lego since 1997 :) 

24 minutes ago, LEGO Boy said:

If this happens, then not soon.

The sets we were supposed to get:

"Protecting the Stone"

(with Fluffy, Devil's Snare, flying keys, Wizard's Chess)

"Chamber of Secrets"

(with Statue of Slytherin, Basilisk)

"Shrieking Hut"

(With werewolf)

"Durmstrang Ship"

(With Karkaroff and Mermaids)

This is only the most basic

Full length only

*Shrieking Shack*

You should be ashamed. 

33 minutes ago, LEGO Boy said:

Most true fans [...]

Ah, the classic „no true Scotsman“ logical fallacy, how I have missed thee :grin:

Why the negativity? We don‘t even know the full contents of this year‘s offering yet, including the CMF series

I would consider myself a 'true fan' and I have to say that I am not 'extremely unhappy', but extremely expectant and excited. As @Lego-Freak said, we don't yet know the CMF lineup or whether we have heard of all the sets yet and Lego did a good job of complementing sets with the CMF offering before. This year, not only does it sound like the prices are staying reasonable, but if I was to hazard a guess I'd say Lego will again compliment these new sets by providing minifigures in the CMF that broaden their playability. I would not be surprised at all if the CMF is where we find Tonks, Kingsley, Bellatrix, Ginny etc whilst the sets contain the more 'core' characters for those scenes that will be recognisable to the more casual consumer / parent / child etc. I am just happy that Lego is releasing more Harry Potter sets of such good quality and I think it's too soon to write off the prospects of getting figures of those desired Death Eater / Order of the Phoenix members just yet.

You’re describing me as well but I’m very happy with what we’ve been getting. I wanted more “important” characters out of this wave too, but I’m sure they will happen, and this way we’ll have some lesser important characters as well (I just generally consider students lesser important because they have slightly less appeal to me, not that they aren’t important to the plot). This theme is slow but steady and has so much still to offer. It’s only been two years and look how much we’ve already gotten compared to older versions of this theme

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

So can anyone pinpoint when being a true fan became defined primarily as having a default setting of raging entitlement, or was it more of a gradual thing

1 hour ago, Nick unassembled said:

*Shrieking Shack*

You should be ashamed. 

The Shrieking Shack

You should be ashamed.

26 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I would not be surprised at all if the CMF is where we find Tonks, Kingsley, Bellatrix, Ginny etc whilst the sets contain the more 'core' characters for those scenes that will be recognisable to the more casual consumer / parent / child etc. I am just happy that Lego is releasing more Harry Potter sets of such good quality and I think it's too soon to write off the prospects of getting figures of those desired Death Eater / Order of the Phoenix members just yet. 

Why make all these characters in CMF if LEGO can make Grimmauld Place and the Ministry of Magic?

Well that should be me, and I couldn't disagree more. We're getting tons of important sets and characters. The dursleys? Appeared in almost every book and Vernon was even the first character in the entire series + he has been a narrator. He also comes in the very important set of Harry Potter's childhood's home (or lack thereof depending how you look at it). + a new owl mold, which the 'true fans' have been requesting for ages. Next we finally are getting centaurs, not that important in the movies perhaps, but they are important in the books, which should be very important to a 'true fan'. And also important for a fan of Lego because of the new centaur body mold, gotta love that. Ask anyone. Than there's Grawp, a long time requested character, even getting brickbuild so he might even be the right size (unlike what the lego games did). And of course there's another Umbridge, which is very nice from Lego to throw in as both versoins are very hard to get your hands on now. Next up the room of requirements with 2 new patronuses, 'true fans' must be really excited about that, finally a way to show some kind of spell and great for playability for the onces that don't just want to use it as decoration on a shelf. If Lego keeps things up like this we might even see everyone with a patronus eventually. Also the set potentially comes with new student robes, most importantly ravenclaw, which is basically all the 'true fans' ever really asked for since forever. And we all know getting just a taste from Cho and Susan wasn't enough after Gryffindor also got the robes. Next up the astronomy tower and greenhouses. I would call that an important set, it's the next most important Hogwarts part to get. And it even includes the ravenclaw common room. Didn't appear in the movies, but it did in the books. 'Real fans' must surely be very excited about that. I for one am. And we're getting 'grown up' versions of Draco and Neville, which is truly important for us 'true fans'. And of course there's new character Lavender Brown, at long last. And Slughorn becomes available to the wide audience for the first time, considering bricktober packs must be truly hard for some people to get their hands on. + There's the chance of him finally having his iconic hat (although not guaranteed ofcourse.) And then there's obviously still the chance of getting other figures that were missing of the list like the rumored Fred and George, the supposedly missing figures in the astronomy tower, the exclusives in the confirmed advent calendar we still don't know the details of, the rumored figure for the Hedwig build (which I kinda understand to be a disappointment for people who care about things other than display). And ofcourse there still is the cmf series we still know nothing about with 16 new figures. And that's only if that's all of the sets, while we still could get more like the rumored d2c. And ofcouse the 'true fans' can always still pick up characters like the Death Eaters or Ginny from the older sets if they really can't wait that long. But they must already have them, as by your definition a 'true fan' is someone who bought absolutely everything. I guess I might not be a true fan after all, oh well, at least I'm happy with what we're getting.

1 minute ago, tafkatb said:

So can anyone pinpoint when being a true fan became defined primarily as having a default setting of raging entitlement, or was it more of a gradual thing

Seems to be a trend now. There was a guy in the Star Wars thread saying the same thing a little while ago

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The choice of minifigures seems disappointing to me. No masked OotP Death Eaters, no OotP Dementors, no HBP Dumbledore, no McGonnagall in her black outfit, no Thestrals, no young Tom Riddle.

Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about the Thestrals!! I've been completely blindsided by the excitement about the confirmed sets so far but they were one of the things I was most anticipating this wave. I was really hoping there was a chance of a baby Thestral but seeing as we're already getting two other sets with Luna I doubt they will make it. Maybe a Thestral could be thrown into the Astronomy Tower set, even though it's mostly centred around Half-Blood Prince. Or they could be in an exclusive Ministry set we don't know about yet. 

Anyway so far this wave might be the most exciting one yet for me the more I think about it. The Grawp set will be a definite buy just for the Centaurs and I know I just won't be able to resist the temptation to buy the iconic Privet Drive. As a collector of Harry Potter since the Prisoner of Azkaban waves in 2004 I think this could become my favourite wave just because of how much is being included that hasn't been in sets before - Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood prince are finally getting the representation they deserve!

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I need a Chamber of Secrets. I doubt that there are those who do not agree.

Just now, LEGO Boy said:

Why make all these characters in CMF if LEGO can make Grimmauld Place and the Ministry of Magic?

They may do. That's partly my point; we don't yet know this year's full lineup. But if not and they come in the CMF then at least we get them.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

And ofcourse there still is the cmf series we still know nothing about with 16 new figures. And that's only if that's all of the sets, while we still could get more like the rumored d2c. And ofcouse the 'true fans' can always still pick up characters like the Death Eaters or Ginny from the older sets if they really can't wait that long. But they must already have them, as by your definition a 'true fan' is someone who bought absolutely everything. I guess I might not be a true fan after all, oh well, at least I'm happy with what we're getting. 

Why should I take a character with a yellow face?

Why do I have to wait several years for LEGO to make skipped sets?

2 hours ago, LEGO Boy said:

You don't get to decide if someone is a ''true fan'' or not. 

And to add to that, what are you even doing here? You have posted 7 posts, most of which are attacking someone because of their opinion or complaining about the new line up of sets. Even if someone doesn't share your opinion you should at least treat them with respect 

Just now, LEGO Boy said:

I need a Chamber of Secrets. I doubt that there are those who do not agree.

I’m sure it will happen down the line, don’t let that stop you from enjoying the things we are getting which is a lot more than we ever had before

Just now, LEGO Boy said:

Why do I have to wait several years for LEGO to make skipped sets?

Because you don't get to decide what does or doesn't get made, only LEGO does. And if you don't like waiting: build it yourself