Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think a medium sized skirt would look good. The slope on the current normal sized / 2x2 dress piece looks good but if you lower the height while the base (2x2) stays the same it will end up looking like the figure is wearing a dress that's way too large for her/him. I'm personally perfectly fine with the way they did the medium sized dress for YB Hermione

Your potions classroom looks really nice! And I guess you just haven't read the pieces of info properly but we are in fact getting a greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set

Hurray! I just checked it quickly before work. Thanks, Guyon!

Finally the greenhouse! I love plants and Harry Potter, so that makes burst in happiness. There already some monstrous plants on other lego series, like the explorers, and I want to addapt it and also see what new ideas Lego release for Harry Potter world. But most important, i need all the glass structure and design matching castle to start from.

Also excited for the forest set! I have the Hagrid Cottage set appart from the castle and it feels sadly isolated.  With Grawp and Centaurs and some trees I will start seeing it as a whole.

My guess is that it will probably look a bit like the scooby doo mansion set. That one has a greenhouse. A broken one but still. 

I’m not sure if the green house will be a good thing or not.... it would have to be quite big to contain any real quality and as it’s in a large set I can’t get duplicates easily, I was lucky to get 2 of the order of the Phoenix castles so I already have two  green house so I don’t really need more but if the new one has good minifigs I will be happy

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

In the movies we only see the Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms. I do believe they've shown the staircase leading to the Ravenclaw CR

Must just be in the books they go to the ravenclaw common room then

8 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

1 Harry Potter & HBP potions book

2 Ron Weasley (Quidditch keeper)

3 Hermione Granger, Mandrake & pot (Hidden-side Hair/earmuffs)

4 Draco Malfoy & ferret*

5 Professor Sprout, Mandrake & pot*

6 Madam Pomfrey & Skele-gro bottle*

7 Professor Lockheart & pixi**

8 Cho Chang (Yule Ball). New medium size skirt slope**

9 Colin Creevy & camera 

10 Kingsley Shacklebolt*

11 Lucius Malfoy & cane. (Uses Sally Hair, Disney CMF)

12 Aunt Marge & Bulldog, purse

13 Firenze the Centaur**

14 Werewolf (Lupin) & Sirius dog*

15 Bellatrix Lestrange (Azgaban)**

16 The Grey Lady, Ravenclaw Diadem* 

I really like your character selection, probaby I would change Cho tho, maybe for a Dumbledore with baby Harry and Lupin for Tonks.

9 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I am S h o c k e d that we may be getting a ravenclaw common room- dream come true. Especially since it’s not in movies.

Now I hope they end up representing both Slytherin and Hufflepuff in some future sets, as a Hufflepuff it would suck to have the 3 common rooms for the other house and none for my own one. 

14 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I really like your character selection, probaby I would change Cho tho, maybe for a Dumbledore with baby Harry and Lupin for Tonks.

Now I hope they end up representing both Slytherin and Hufflepuff in some future sets, as a Hufflepuff it would suck to have the 3 common rooms for the other house and none for my own one. 

Completely true, in Lego hufflepuff is the most under represented 

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Completely true, in Lego hufflepuff is the most under represented 

I really hope we will get more Hufflepuff uniforms and the house robes soon...

The Ravenclaw and Gryffindor common rooms are in towers. I super appreciate LEGO putting in Ravenclaw rather than Slytherin just because it is the second most prominent House.

It would not be correct at all, but I'd love to turn the rumored greenhouse into a Hufflepuff common room.

48 minutes ago, joeee said:

The Ravenclaw and Gryffindor common rooms are in towers. I super appreciate LEGO putting in Ravenclaw rather than Slytherin just because it is the second most prominent House.

It would not be correct at all, but I'd love to turn the rumored greenhouse into a Hufflepuff common room.

Same! All 4 would be amazing. I’m assuming slytherin will be in a future dungeon type set (CoS). But I’m not sure where a hufflepuff Common room could sit- 

how many more large castle sets will come do you guys think? The last remaining iconic part of the castle to me is the ‘Bell towers’ where we might see a hufflepuff common room on bottom floor? 

other missing iconic places, DADA, flitwicks charms class, umbridges office. Maybe there’s a lot more castle sections coming?

4 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Same! All 4 would be amazing. I’m assuming slytherin will be in a future dungeon type set (CoS). But I’m not sure where a hufflepuff Common room could sit- 

how many more large castle sets will come do you guys think? The last remaining iconic part of the castle to me is the ‘Bell towers’ where we might see a hufflepuff common room on bottom floor? 

other missing iconic places, DADA, flitwicks charms class, umbridges office. Maybe there’s a lot more castle sections coming?

They also look at the interior of Hogwarts. Just look at the WW set, no part of Hogwarts exterior looks like that

On 2/1/2020 at 11:33 PM, Guyon2002 said:

That would be a play feature that only works if you buy another $20 set. I don't know about you but last time I checked LEGO wasn't EA

Infinity War sets had something similar though, a £20 set that connected to a £90 set for additional play

Just now, thecallumread said:

Infinity War sets had something similar though, a £20 set that connected to a £90 set for additional play

That's a combination of 2 seperate sets to form one bigger model. This, at least to me, would feel much more like a playfeature ''behind a paywall''

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I think there is potential for another 4-5 castle sections of various sizes, but they would not all be named ‘XXXX Tower’ etc as the exterior may not be meaningful enough, perhaps that’s why we are missing iconic interiors like the chamber of secrets and Library...they are saving them for later.

For fun I made a while ago a micro-scale prototype of the entire castle as modular sets in LDD and describe it in detail here. You can skip past the long text to the images :)

LEGO Hogwarts Assembly view (Sketch)

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, LordVoldemort said:

Maybe there’s a lot more castle sections coming?

We can always get sections like some courtyards and bridges that connect to smaller parts to the castle. 

6 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

We can always get sections like some courtyards and bridges that connect to smaller parts to the castle. 

A bridge would be perfect for Deathly Hallows for the Hogwarts battle

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They also look at the interior of Hogwarts. Just look at the WW set, no part of Hogwarts exterior looks like that

Isn't it based on the area where the WW is based in Cos? It is part of the Training Grounds that is removed in later films, but is still present in the HBP version of the castle. 

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

How many more large castle sets will come do you guys think? The last remaining iconic part of the castle to me is the ‘Bell towers’ where we might see a hufflepuff common room on bottom floor? 

The Bell Towers, the Central Tower and the Long Gallery, the Viaduct Entrance, the Stone Bridge/Lookout Tower are all quite interesting looking buildings or towers. The new Boathouse would make a great set, as would the Viaduct and Viaduct Courtyard or Wooden Bridge. 

Interior wise there are the Divination, Transfiguration, and Charms classrooms, Library, bathrooms and the Trophy room we haven't seen this iteration of HP, plus various house dorms and common rooms. Lots of the rooms we already have should be done again much better too, as they've been quite simple in the past (Dumbledore's Office for example). That's before you even consider the Philosopher's Stone Chambers and Chamber of Secrets! 

1 hour ago, LordVoldemort said:

In my opinion the most important section they should make next is the viaduct entrance as it will finish the front view of Hogwarts. I think it could come with the boathouse, like the greenhouse comes with the astronomy tower. And perhaps the bridge behind the clock tower, the one which Neville burns in DH. Afterwards they will probably do the gryffindor tower, or something that could fit the chamber of secrets. That part in between the viaduct and marble staircase tower also comes to mind.

I was watching the scene where McGonagall and Snape fight in DH, and I was thinking that in the DH2 sets we could get another McGonagall and another Snape and, of course, Alecto and Amycus Carrow, considering that some lesser known characters are being made, and that we need more Death Eaters, they could work. 

I was thinking and the look for the Founders minifigures was taken from the real Chocolate Frog Cards, so maybe is there a chance to get more of those characters like Artemisia Lufkin in more D2C sets? For example, a ministry one could have Artemisia Lufkin, Rufus Scrimgeous, Pius Thicknesse and maybe a new variant of Cornelius Fudge, a Hogsmeade one could have Hengist of Woodcroft, Madam Pudifoot and Madam Rosmerta, a Quidditch One could have Quidditch related players,...

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apart from the tower I think the rest looks quite similar to the castle sections seen (very briefly) in the background of the Whomping willow in the COS movie, 

3db414714de2e71289259e7ed7593f16.jpg

latest?cb=20100617193754

whomping-willow.jpg

It looks like it’s another shorter outer wall beyond the belltowers 

Edited by Bugbot20082

I think they should at least cover 3 sides of the builds. The whomping willow set looks awful when all three combines. 

2 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

I think they should at least cover 3 sides of the builds. The whomping willow set looks awful when all three combines. 

I think they all look fantastic when they’re combined

1 minute ago, LEGO Boy said:
We'll get the worst wave since the restart . Press F.

This is not even close to being the worst wave

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

This is not even close to being the worst wave 

There are no important locations
No Death Eaters (again)
There are no other important characters
Escape from Privet Drive from CoS
Buildable Hedwig (What for?)

When was it worse?
23 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

15 Bellatrix Lestrange (Azgaban)**

Azkaban
You should be ashamed
10 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I was thinking and the look for the Founders minifigures was taken from the real Chocolate Frog Cards, so maybe is there a chance to get more of those characters like Artemisia Lufkin in more D2C sets? For example, a ministry one could have Artemisia Lufkin, Rufus Scrimgeous, Pius Thicknesse and maybe a new variant of Cornelius Fudge, a Hogsmeade one could have Hengist of Woodcroft, Madam Pudifoot and Madam Rosmerta, a Quidditch One could have Quidditch related players,...

Too much hope. They didn't even make a Lockhart

44 minutes ago, LEGO Boy said:
Azkaban
You should be ashamed

Don't be rude, even as a joke. (I don't know if you meant it as a joke, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.)