Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think the absence of Dumbledore in this wave so far is the most prominent omission considering how important he is in HBP. Which means we definitely should be getting 1 or 2 extra sets, one of which will hopefully include him. Inferi or Ministry of Magic we come! 

Also that if the D2C is a miniature Diagon Alley at the same scale as Hogwarts? Perhaps the giveaway was a test of the concept 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think the absence of Dumbledore in this wave so far is the most prominent omission considering how important he is in HBP. Which means we definitely should be getting 1 or 2 extra sets, one of which will hopefully include him. Inferi or Ministry of Magic we come! 

Also that if the D2C is a miniature Diagon Alley at the same scale as Hogwarts? Perhaps the giveaway was a test of the concept 

A microscale Diagon Alley just wouldn’t have the same displayability as Hogwarts in my opinion. I would much rather get something along the lines of the previous Diagon where we get facades of several shops at a larger scale and a bunch of minifigures

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

I need a new burrow since I missed out on the original.

I think they will wait and release the Burrow for DH1, and you could decide if you want to attach the Wedding tent to the burrow or just have the burrow and the tent appart. 

38 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Interesting that they've dialled back both the DC and now HP minifigure series to 16. I wonder what the reasoning behind the scenes is for this and if Series 20 will also follow suit? 

Non-licensed CMFs have always had 16 characters, so there’s nothing to dial back to for series 20. 

As for why we’re going back to 16 for the licensed series, if I had to hazard a guess it would be the relatively poor performance of the various Lego movie series (my local Barnes and Noble still has some TLM2 bags). The marketing department has probably also told Lego that with the price hike collectors are more likely to spring for full series only if there are a more manageable number of characters. 

13 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

What about the absence of the Half Blood Prince? Considering how important he was in Half Blood Prince.

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A microscale Diagon Alley just wouldn’t have the same displayability as Hogwarts in my opinion. I would much rather get something along the lines of the previous Diagon where we get facades of several shops at a larger scale and a bunch of minifigures

I strongly disagree. Think about a full micro interior in each shop. A dragon on top of Gringots Bank. WWW in full detail. A Three Brooms leading directly into the streets of London with a micro scale Knight Bus. A small alleyway leading into Knockturn Alley with a micro scale Hagrid doing some shopping (could be the baby mold or the old micro figures from the boardgames). Nah this would look great on display. Although I think they should maybe finish Hogwarts first.

51 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

What about the absence of the Half Blood Prince? Considering how important he was in Half Blood Prince.

I strongly disagree. Think about a full micro interior in each shop. A dragon on top of Gringots Bank. WWW in full detail. A Three Brooms leading directly into the streets of London with a micro scale Knight Bus. A small alleyway leading into Knockturn Alley with a micro scale Hagrid doing some shopping (could be the baby mold or the old micro figures from the boardgames). Nah this would look great on display. Although I think they should maybe finish Hogwarts first.

How many exclusives minifigures we could get with the Diagon Alley D2C? Madam Malkin? Bogrod? Florean Fortescue? Tom the Innkeeper? I feel like Griphook would be coming in a Malfoy Mannor set...

Edited by RAMcGonagall

Another point about a potential Inferi Cave set - Dumbledore wears a different, albeit similar outfit to his CMF one. That'd be cool to get, perhaps with a dark grey hand for the dead one? 

I know there are no Snape figures in the next wave of sets, but he's already been in two sets, so unless he gets a new torso print I'm not too bothered about a third, personally. 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah fair enough:laugh_hard:

I'm just hoping they will either be in the Privet Drive or advent calendar. The latter would be the most variation we could hope for. Twins in cmf series are never such a good idea, doesn't really have too many positive reactions.

I agree about twins not being the best idea for a cmf, but including them with vastly different accessories and maybe even different torsos, one in www suit and one in quidditch World Cup attire might be a good idea, because then one could buy two of each if they wanted then both in the same attire

5 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I agree about twins not being the best idea for a cmf, but including them with vastly different accessories and maybe even different torsos, one in www suit and one in quidditch World Cup attire might be a good idea, because then one could buy two of each if they wanted then both in the same attire

I agree with this

1 hour ago, RandomSniper109 said:

That could work, although I think Lego would want to keep a WWW option open for a potential future set. But there are still plenty of other variations left so I think that would be a pretty nice solution.

2 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

How many exclusives minifigures we could get with the Diagon Alley D2C? Madam Malkin? Bogrod? Florean Fortescue? Tom the Innkeeper? I feel like Griphook would be coming in a Malfoy Mannor set...

I'm sorry, we were actually speculating about a microscale (or would it be nano scale?) Diagon Alley rather than system scale. For which Griphook would probably be too small xD. Although for a system scale Diagon Alley they could do the PS version of Griphook and put the DH version in a Malfoy Manor or Beach house set (forgot the name of that place). Of course this is all just speculation, no Diagon Alley set of any kind is rumored at the moment in case anyone was confused.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Non-licensed CMFs have always had 16 characters, so there’s nothing to dial back to for series 20. 

As for why we’re going back to 16 for the licensed series, if I had to hazard a guess it would be the relatively poor performance of the various Lego movie series (my local Barnes and Noble still has some TLM2 bags). The marketing department has probably also told Lego that with the price hike collectors are more likely to spring for full series only if there are a more manageable number of characters. 

Series 10, 17 and 18 all had 17 minifigures. Seeing as Series 20 is another milestone series like Series 10, I would have expected more than 16.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

''Drunk'' and ''foaming mouth'' are things LEGO will certainly never do

They did with the Barrel Escape set from The Hobbit wave. That smiley face on the reverse of the Elf Chief was a drunk face. 

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The German youtuber who first divulged some details talked about "a large set" that they were informed about at Nuremberg. Sounds like a D2C to me :shrug_oh_well:

Amidst all these great news, we also have bad news, courtesy of promobricks.de: As suspected, the CMF series only has 16 figures. Looks like FB got shafted :distressed: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94059/

I’m somewhat okay with that, given the stupid new price of The CMFs. I will definitely miss getting FB minifigs though. 

If we are getting a greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set, then I think it would be cool to get Harry, Ron & Hermione in their greenhouse outfits similar to Neville from CMF series 1 as well as a Professor Sprout. 

16 hours ago, StoneWarsDE said:

The most important update is: There might be a way to connect the Room of Requirement to Hogwarts. We figured it made no sense in such a small set, but now we heard that there might be Technic pins to connect it anyway. If this is "intended" or just "possible": We just don't know yet.

Other than that: All of the information is third hand, so there might be smaller mistakes in the interieur and stuff like that.

About the figures: We heard different things from some people, but most of our information about that is the stuff from Lucky Bricks on instagram. So please stick to the figures they listed in the discussion.

Concerning the Hedwig model: It is said to be 25 cm wide with spread wings, but wasn't shown to the retailers, it was just told about. So it is probably quite small and not as big as the Star Wars characters. We are not sure at all about the Harry Potter figure included, because it's only one single source. So please take that (and probably even the price) with a grain of salt.

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Room of Requirement: 3 walls that can be folded out to form 1 long wall, 1 of the walls has a fireplace. The set itself can't be connected to Hogwarts so some modification is required

The Forbidden Forest: Grawp is build similairly to Ares from Wonder Woman. The Centaurs are ''minifigure torso's on a new horse body mold''

Escape from Privet Drive: the house has a fireplace, cupboard and Harry's bedroom. Some sources are saying Fred and George are included instead of Ron and Dobby

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower: includes the Astronomy classroom (top of the tower), Ravenclaw common room and Slughorn's office. There may be more figures than we currently know of, this is not confirmed. It's possibly the largest Hogwarts extension to date

Hedwig: Hedwig is 25 cm wide and is built with open wings. There's a Harry Potter figure included, possibly an exclusive 

Advent Calendar: comes with a few exclusive figures. Price might be higher than last year

CMF: European price will be 4 euro, the US still has the $5 price

Many thanks for the infos!! I am really looking forward to the new sets!! A buildable Hedwig is great as a decoration in the apartment :classic:

15 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

There is still a D2C listed on Jedi JAC Penguin's website.  Are they legit?

A new D2C set would be awsome, hopefully in the same scale as the large Hogwarts!!

27 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

If we are getting a greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set, then I think it would be cool to get Harry, Ron & Hermione in their greenhouse outfits similar to Neville from CMF series 1 as well as a Professor Sprout. 

I think so too, and the bushy hair-headphones/earmuffs combo element which is available in the new Hidden-Side theme (in purple) looks like it was made for Hermione :) I think that would be the best CMF version of her now that we know the otter patronus is in a set  

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Astronomy Tower: includes the Astronomy classroom (top of the tower), Ravenclaw common room and Slughorn's office. There may be more figures than we currently know of, this is not confirmed. It's possibly the largest Hogwarts extension to date

Do you think they'll base the ravenclaw common room off of the book design since it doesn't appear in the movies. It would be cool to get the rowena ravenclaw statue and maybe the door with the bronze door knocker. Maybe some bookshelves and a large window as well

6 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Series 10, 17 and 18 all had 17 minifigures. Seeing as Series 20 is another milestone series like Series 10, I would have expected more than 16.

It will probably be 16 plus 1 special one like the ones you mentions :shrug_oh_well:
I assume the more figs a series has the more expensive it is for Lego to produce because of new moulds, extra parts/prints to produce etc..

I am S h o c k e d that we may be getting a ravenclaw common room- dream come true. Especially since it’s not in movies. i hope that wasn’t false info. My guess is it will be similar to the tiny gryffindor common room we got in the whomping willow set. 2 blue beds. 

I’m assuming/hoping at some point the mini slytherin common room makes an appearance in a dungeon type set(chamber of secrets).

i think It’s likely the room of requirement connects somehow. I’m a little skeptical of getting a D2C this year as well- seems to good to be true

1 minute ago, LordVoldemort said:

I am S h o c k e d that we may be getting a ravenclaw common room- dream come true. Especially since it’s not in movies. i hope that wasn’t false info. My guess is it will be similar to the tiny gryffindor common room we got in the whomping willow set. 2 blue beds. 

I’m assuming/hoping at some point the mini slytherin common room makes an appearance in a dungeon type set(chamber of secrets).

i think It’s likely the room of requirement connects somehow. I’m a little skeptical of getting a D2C this year as well- seems to good to be true

I thought the hufflepuff common room is the only one Harry doesn’t visit? Maybe that’s just in the books

6 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I thought the hufflepuff common room is the only one Harry doesn’t visit? Maybe that’s just in the books

In the movies we only see the Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms. I do believe they've shown the staircase leading to the Ravenclaw CR

The new sets and rumoured   minifigures has made me rethink my CMF expectations. My new list for HP CMF2 is as follows (assuming a 3rd series sometime after):

1 Harry Potter & HBP potions book

2 Ron Weasley (Quidditch keeper)

3 Hermione Granger, Mandrake & pot (Hidden-side Hair/earmuffs)

4 Draco Malfoy & ferret*

5 Professor Sprout, Mandrake & pot*

6 Madam Pomfrey & Skele-gro bottle*

7 Professor Lockheart & pixi**

8 Cho Chang (Yule Ball). New medium size skirt slope**

9 Colin Creevy & camera 

10 Kingsley Shacklebolt*

11 Lucius Malfoy & cane. (Uses Sally Hair, Disney CMF)

12 Aunt Marge & Bulldog, purse

13 Firenze the Centaur**

14 Werewolf (Lupin) & Sirius dog*

15 Bellatrix Lestrange (Azkaban)**

16 The Grey Lady, Ravenclaw Diadem* 

*new exclusive mould 

**new mould used in other sets

Edited by Bugbot20082

20 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I’m a little skeptical of getting a D2C this year as well- seems to good to be true

Well the last one was a top10 best seller for Lego in 2018 so I think it is only a matter of time before we get a new one. Maybe we will get one this year, but I feel the chance dropped somewhat after the reveal of the Hedwig set. Could also mean they are making some new type of sets in a very popular theme and that we get a D2C regardless :shrug_oh_well: If we get one this year I hope it is system/minifig based since I am really not a collector of other scales, but fear it might be because of the popularity of the D2C Hogwarts :wacko:

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

That would be lovely.  The sets announced sound fantastic, it's really good selection, but I still really miss the greenhouse for one big reason: i don't know how to do one by myself hahaha

This week i have been working on the potions class.  It's my first attemp on doing my own creations.  Ofc I took ideas from the books released last autumn and the internet.  There some pieces missing and the left wall, but it's already a decent version of what I wanted.  I am also working on the Charms and Transfiguration class.  And I have to say it, I really love this theme and hope Lego keeps releasing moOoOoOore sets.

49481390418_b6346de445.jpgP115070349481390473_c09923ec93.jpgP1150701

Edited by Riku

28 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

8 Cho Chang (Yule Ball). New medium size skirt slope**

I don't think a medium sized skirt would look good. The slope on the current normal sized / 2x2 dress piece looks good but if you lower the height while the base (2x2) stays the same it will end up looking like the figure is wearing a dress that's way too large for her/him. I'm personally perfectly fine with the way they did the medium sized dress for YB Hermione

13 minutes ago, Riku said:

That would be lovely.  The sets announced sound fantastic, it's really good selection, but I still really miss the greenhouse for one big reason: i don't know how to do one by myself hahaha

This week i have been working on the potions class.  It's my first attemp on doing my own creations.  Ofc I took ideas from the books released last autumn and the internet.  There some pieces missing and the left wall, but it's already a decent version of what I wanted.  I am also working on the Charms and Transfiguration class.  And I have to say it, I really love this theme and hope Lego keeps releasing moOoOoOore sets.

Your potions classroom looks really nice! And I guess you just haven't read the pieces of info properly but we are in fact getting a greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set

Edited by Guyon2002