Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Even without FB, I thought the series would have 20 characters at least. 

I think they realized this theme will have a long run. They don't have enough characters to have CMFs and sets without being repetitive

The first series was only planned to have 16 at first anyway; it only went up to 22 when Fantastic Beasts characters were added a bit further along in the process.

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The German youtuber who first divulged some details talked about "a large set" that they were informed about at Nuremberg. Sounds like a D2C to me :shrug_oh_well:

Amidst all these great news, we also have bad news, courtesy of promobricks.de: As suspected, the CMF series only has 16 figures. Looks like FB got shafted :distressed: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94059/

So I was right about there being 16. It's not too bad honestly, keeps the costs down :wink:

23 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

The first series was only planned to have 16 at first anyway; it only went up to 22 when Fantastic Beasts characters were added a bit further along in the process.

Then what would your guesses for the next CMF be? I'd say...

1. Harry Potter
  2. Hermione Granger
  3. Ron Weasley
  4. Albus Dumbledore (with baby Harry)
  5. Minerva McGonagall (with her cat form and glasses)
  6. Gilderoy Lockhart (with Pixie)
  7. Pomona Sprout
  8. Poppy Pomfrey
  9. Igor Karkaroff
  10. Rita Skeeter
  11. Kreacher
  12. Nymphadora Tonks
  13. Kingsley Shacklebolt
  14. Ginny Weasley
  15. Centaur (Firenze)
  16. Moaning Myrtle (could also be Marge Dursley).
Edited by RAMcGonagall

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The German youtuber who first divulged some details talked about "a large set" that they were informed about at Nuremberg. Sounds like a D2C to me :shrug_oh_well:

Amidst all these great news, we also have bad news, courtesy of promobricks.de: As suspected, the CMF series only has 16 figures. Looks like FB got shafted :distressed: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94059/

To bad 6 FB in addition to the 16 HP would have been better :sadnew: Hope the next FB film do really well in cinemas so we can get more sets/figs from them :shrug_oh_well:

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think they realized this theme will have a long run. They don't have enough characters to have CMFs and sets without being repetitive 

So far we are sure missing a lot of figs and others are in a lot of different editions, so they are not running out anytime soon :tongue:
To me it is a bonus for every set that 1-2 or best all 3 of the main trio are not present :laugh:

I wonder if the new owl mould are made so it can hold and deliver stuff like letters etc :classic:

3 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So we’re not getting a Burrow? It would be really strange if they don’t remake it.

Not this year, maybe next year in a DH themed wedding set

Just now, Roebuck said:

Hope the next FB film do really well in cinemas so we can get more sets/figs from them :shrug_oh_well:

I doubt it. A lot of people didn't like CoG and just overall people aren't as invested in FB as they are in HP

49 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely, a polybag with a fig and there patronus would be a no brainer :wink:

Well, we are noticeably missing Ron with his terrier patronus, which would be a simple color change like Luna’s hare. 

Only slightly bummed about the news of 16 characters in the CMF. I don’t think any of us are as invested in Fantastic Beasts as we are in Harry Potter, and our wallets are surely all breathing sighs of relief. 

I definitely hope the rumors of Fred and George coming in Privet Drive are true, the inclusion of Dobby in that set was really throwing me off, the twins make the minifigure lineup much more believable for me. 

Buildable Hedwig is intriguing, but I suspect lots of us will be considering skipping that, hopefully Lego does something the make it really spectacular. 

13 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Well, we are noticeably missing Ron with his terrier patronus, which would be a simple color change like Luna’s hare. 

Only slightly bummed about the news of 16 characters in the CMF. I don’t think any of us are as invested in Fantastic Beasts as we are in Harry Potter, and our wallets are surely all breathing sighs of relief. 

I definitely hope the rumors of Fred and George coming in Privet Drive are true, the inclusion of Dobby in that set was really throwing me off, the twins make the minifigure lineup much more believable for me. 

Buildable Hedwig is intriguing, but I suspect lots of us will be considering skipping that, hopefully Lego does something the make it really spectacular. 

You have the complete opposite opinions to me ?, I’m massively upset about the lack of Fb figs, I think the next film is going to be good and we will never get figs of the people we have missed. And the Hedwig is the most exciting thing for me from the new wave, a nice display piece that is unique and isn’t a repeat or small

However if they do an 8 wide ford anglia and fit four figures in it I would be ecstatic and it would be worth them bringing another ford out when one is still on sale

I have been to a lego funstore this weekend and the store manager told me that there will be a D2C Set.

But he wasn't allowed to tell me more.

Only 16 figures? That's a shame. I really liked the inclusion of Fantastic Beasts, they made the lego Wizarding World seem bigger. I wonder if they would even call it series 2 because of the changes. They probably still would, but you never know. Anyway I predict it to be something like this:

1. Harry (Goyle)
2. Ron (Crabbe)
3. Hermione (cat)
4. Lockhart (either in orange with Pixie or in dueling club outfit with recolour of series 13 snake to save some of the budget)
5. Sprout (to go with the greenhouse)
6. Sirius Black (suit)
7. Wolf Lupin
8. Moaning Myrtle
9. Kingsley
10. Bellatrix  (Azkaban)
11. Percy Weasley
12. Pomfrey
13. Kreacher (with locket)
14. Tom Riddle (HBP flashback rather than Chamber of Secrets to leave room open for a Cos sets and to compliment Slughorn from the sets)
15. Flitwick (Philosopher's Stone version with pile of books)
16. Dumbledore and baby Harry (to compliment Privet Drive)

I chose mostly figures that aren't likely to show up somewhere else (or who's scenes are already made) and figures that are somewhat linked to the currently released sets.

27 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

You have the complete opposite opinions to me ?, I’m massively upset about the lack of Fb figs, I think the next film is going to be good and we will never get figs of the people we have missed. 

Don’t get me wrong, if we never get a Leta Lestrange because of this I’ll be severely disappointed. But the daunting prospect of 22 figs at the new hiked price has been mitigated so the relief is balancing out my sadness right now. But fingers crossed that they follow the same structure from last movie next year and do a big set from CoG and a small set from the FB3 trailer (personally I liked that strategy since it allows them to preserve the high level of screen accuracy we see in the other Wizarding World sets). 

I'm kinda surprised that so many people are expecting an Inferi cave, that scene is just so dark to be a good play set aimed at kids, but then I would have also thought that Umbridge paired with Centuars would be kinda dark too.

I'm also surprised that after three years, most sets are castle pieces and forest scenes.

6 minutes ago, steam235 said:

I'm kinda surprised that so many people are expecting an Inferi cave, that scene is just so dark to be a good play set aimed at kids, but then I would have also thought that Umbridge paired with Centuars would be kinda dark too.

I'm also surprised that after three years, most sets are castle pieces and forest scenes.

The last set in the suspected  price range was literally a scene of a man having his souls sucked out

4 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

The last set in the suspected  price range was literally a scene of a man having his souls sucked out 

Expecto Patronum is about Harry saving that man. Overall the set focuses on the Patronus and harry defeating the Dementors. I guess the Inferi cave could work if it sets up the scene of Dumbledor defeating the Inferi, more than  the part with the basin and locket.

7 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Yeah I agree, I don't think the Inferi cave is too dark. They're basically over glorified zombies. Ofcourse the drinking scène was pretty uncomfortable, but it's no dead scene and nor would the focus lay on that part. It's not that we can see lego Dumbledores face all that well under the beard anyway. And like you said, the dementor scene was pretty dark, so was that Shelob scene in lord of the rings. It's not a set we should rule out.

Just now, Sir Godric said:

Maybe we also get a new give away like the diagon alley miniature set this year.

If the Hedwig rumour is true as the d2c then following the link between d2c and miniature (micro scale castle, micro scale diagon alley) we could get the Hedwig and some other small creature, like a bowtruckle or Cornish pixie

Can't wait for the CMFs. There are so many figs we are still missing, and tons of variants that can be included. I'm just hopeful for Fred and George, with some firecracker elements. 

56 minutes ago, steam235 said:

There is barely anything from LEGO's current IP's that can be considered ''too dark'' since the release of the Stranger Things set

Interesting that they've dialled back both the DC and now HP minifigure series to 16. I wonder what the reasoning behind the scenes is for this and if Series 20 will also follow suit? 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

There is barely anything from LEGO's current IP's that can be considered ''too dark'' since the release of the Stranger Things set

Yeah fair enough:laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, 0937Bricks said:

Can't wait for the CMFs. There are so many figs we are still missing, and tons of variants that can be included. I'm just hopeful for Fred and George, with some firecracker elements. 

I'm just hoping they will either be in the Privet Drive or advent calendar. The latter would be the most variation we could hope for. Twins in cmf series are never such a good idea, doesn't really have too many positive reactions.