Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be a play feature that only works if you buy another $20 set. I don't know about you but last time I checked LEGO wasn't EA

And the connection points on the Great Hall, Whomping Willow and Clocktower sets don’t do anything if you haven’t bought the others either... your point? 

I’m not suggesting a set up where both sets wouldn’t look good on their own, just a configuration and connection points that would allow one version of the room to be slid out and the other to be snapped in its place. 

Oh, the small pleasures in life such as seeing the orange tag in an Eurobricks topic. I’m very happy with the rumors so far. The astronomy tower sounds heavenly.

It seems strange to me that the room of requirements supposedly includes 3 figures only. 

And as I said, I hope we get a 2nd wave consisting of more than 2 sets! Heh.

2 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I know right, people keep on recommending things for cmf’s that are completely unreasonable, like hagrid with his motorbike, a centaur would be plausible but considering they have never done any thing close to that size it is very unlikely

Didn't they include an entire Mountain Bike in series 19?

2 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Wouldn't a centaur be too big for a CMF?

Also whose to say that the centaur body is all one piece. I suggested earlier that they could have a separate body piece that has torso and leg attachments. That would make it easier to fit into a blind bag and more versatile. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m wondering if the DA patronus lesson set isn’t so small because it’s designed to be modularly swapped out with a room of hidden things in the Astronomy Tower set. Like as a playability feature representing the Room of Requirements’ ability to change into what’s needed. 

That's actually a pretty fun idea. I can see something like that happening.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be a play feature that only works if you buy another $20 set. I don't know about you but last time I checked LEGO wasn't EA

Well there could be 2 swappable rooms in the astronomy tower as for all we now. It's basically another extention.

I’m a little surprised and disappointed that we didn’t get a Grimmauld Place or Tonks and Kingsley for this wave. I’ve literally been waiting 13 years for an official version of that set and those characters. But the inclusion a CoS version of Privet Dr. gives me a small hope that it may be made in the future. I have followed most of the well-known Lego leakers for years and I’ve never heard of these folks, does anyone know if they’ve ever scooped anything before? They seem like they’re legit so hopefully their list comes to fruition.

I was thinking, what hairpiece will they use for Umbridge? I really hope they'll bring back the old one or make a new one that's similar. I've bought it separately when I got the bricktober pack back in 2018 and the figure is really looking better with it.

22 minutes ago, djmangunz said:

I have followed most of the well-known Lego leakers for years and I’ve never heard of these folks, does anyone know if they’ve ever scooped anything before? They seem like they’re legit so hopefully their list comes to fruition.

Most of the leakers for today's news are indeed new. But 1414falconfan shared it as well, and he is nowadays basically one of the most trusted and credible leakers (if not the most).

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I for one am excited about Privet Drive! I have been wanting an update since the original and all three Dursley’s to be represented in LEGO. I hope they include the cupboard under the stairs. Now I have to get the Knight Bus so I can display it with Privet Drive.

Some speculation:

1. Okay, so for the room of requirements, the students in their uniforms are a given. I’m thinking Harry will have the mutt williams hair mold, Luna will most likely reuse her CMF hair, as for Hermione, I’m kind of hoping they make a new mold that finally suits her and reuse for the rest of the movies. 

2. The grawp set will have new torsos for Umbridge and Harry, but Hermione wears an outfit which is almost identical to the version in the hogwarts express... mhmm. As for the centaurs, I don’t know if the CW padme hair would be a good fit.

3. I initially thought Ron and Harry wore the same clothes from the whomping willow scene in privet drive, but they will surely get new prints. The shaggy - fred - mr incredible hair molds are somewhat decent options for Vernon. The lupin hair could work for Dudley, and the current Umbridge hairpiece for Petunia.

4. I’m the most curious about the tower. As some mentioned here, it could be based on the slug club party thing. However, Ron and Lavender weren’t present, so they could sport different outfits from another scene. Slughorn wears the same bricktober pack outfit doesn’t he? An updated hairpiece or grad cap would be nice; Neville wears a white waiter outfit which would be fantastic getting; hair looks generic. It would be awesome for Luna to have her strange silver dress. Harry could get a new torso print. Lupin’s hair for Draco would fit nicely, as this time it isn’t swept back as usual.
I’m thinking Lavender will probably get a new hairpiece unless they choose to recolor Dorothy’s braids. 

But being a biiit more realistic, they will probably all come in their student uniforms and the room of requirements will be a cheap way to get 3 of those figures ;)

Well this was fun.

Edited by Otherworld

3 hours ago, djmangunz said:

I’m a little surprised and disappointed that we didn’t get a Grimmauld Place or Tonks and Kingsley for this wave. I’ve literally been waiting 13 years for an official version of that set and those characters.

It’s possible that the unknown $40 set that wasn’t on display at Toy Fair is a Ministry Battle set, which could theoretically include Tonks and Kingsley. It’s even more likely that they’ll be included in the CMF where Lego can just go whole hog on the details and printing for them. Personally, I’d already kind of accepted the fact that the only way we were getting a proper version of the more colorful OotP Tonks was in the CMF with all its extra printing and budget for multiple new hair colors. 

The mysterious disappearance of Ginny continues..... WHERE IS SHE. I wonder if it’s possible someone has mistaken Ginny as hermione, lavender or Luna... would have to be someone with no HP knowledge. 

also for some reason I thought divination was in the astronomy tower, am I wrong about that? I feel like this is probably the last “tower” we’re getting, so I hope it’s included.

as for the big D2C non playable set- I’m assuming they would do a micro scaled diagon alley or hogsmade, to go along with the micro hogwarts

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Most of the leakers for today's news are indeed new. But 1414falconfan shared it as well, and he is nowadays basically one of the most trusted and credible leakers (if not the most).

Jedijac has updated his site with the news as well. https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2020.htm 

1 hour ago, LordVoldemort said:

The mysterious disappearance of Ginny continues..... WHERE IS SHE.

also for some reason I thought divination was in the astronomy tower, am I wrong about that? I feel like this is probably the last “tower” we’re getting, so I hope it’s included.

I hope she'll have a cmf, but hopefully it won't just be in gryffindor robes.

I remembered divination in the astronomy tower. Maybe I'm wrong. I was thinking we'd get another professor trelawney with the release of this set. I made sure to grab her cmf. 

Edited by illian420

Does anyone else think the room of requirement will be like obiwans or yodas hut when it comes to size and detail. If star wars wasnt so pricy they would all be at that same $20 mark

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think we'll be getting a centaur (either Firenze or Bane) in the CMF series using a new mold with the actual sets reusing said new mold

Sounds probable and they have done it before e.g the niffler and golden snitch.

9 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Wouldn't a centaur be too big for a CMF?

Probably not with the new bag..

9 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Now that you guys mention the centaurs, it's probably a repeat of the same figure. It's probably too much to hope for 5 unique figures and a giant in a $30,- set.

I guess they will have some differences, but could be minor :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m wondering if the DA patronus lesson set isn’t so small because it’s designed to be modularly swapped out with a room of hidden things in the Astronomy Tower set. Like as a playability feature representing the Room of Requirements’ ability to change into what’s needed. 

That was a good idea! Seems strange they will make a stand-alone room that do not connect to the rest of the castle, but given the nature of the room that make a lot of sense :sweet:

8 hours ago, froggy95 said:

I’m just sitting here already hoping LEGO will reuse the otter mold for City sets. 

Me too, maybe it can come with CMF series 20 if we are really lucky :tongue:

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

It seems strange to me that the room of requirements supposedly includes 3 figures only.

Well I guess it will have the statue to practice on :shrug_oh_well:

The mysterious disappearance of Ginny continues..... WHERE IS SHE. I wonder if it’s possible someone has mistaken Ginny as hermione, lavender or Luna... would have to be someone with no HP knowledge.

Yes I agree, so far no Weasleys expect Ron *huh* I know Luna is a fan favourite, but strange we get her in 2 sets plus we have her from CMF 1 as well and still no Ginny :wacko:

as for the big D2C non playable set- I’m assuming they would do a micro scaled diagon alley or hogsmade, to go along with the micro hogwarts

I hope not, but I am getting worried that it is :sceptic:

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I wonder if it’s possible someone has mistaken Ginny as hermione, lavender or Luna

I thinks its highly possible that Ginny has been confused with another figure. My guess would be that ginny comes in the room of requirement set with luna and harry instead of hermione. 

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

I hope she'll have a cmf, but hopefully it won't just be in gryffindor robes.

I think of ginny comes in the CMF i feel likre it will be her qudditch variant.

21 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

My guess would be that ginny comes in the room of requirement set with luna and harry instead of hermione. 

Nope, remember the patronus animals included in the set :wink: The otter is Hermione‘s and the hare/rabbit is Luna‘s. Ginny‘s is a horse :tongue:

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

17 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

I thinks its highly possible that Ginny has been confused with another figure. My guess would be that ginny comes in the room of requirement set with luna and harry instead of hermione. 

I would agree with you both, except the patronuses included in the set are supposedly an otter and a rabbit. Hermione and Luna's patronuses are an otter and a hare, so even if the leaker is not knowledgeable about HP characters, the patronuses suggest they have the figure selection right. Ginny's patronus is a horse. 

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Didn't they include an entire Mountain Bike in series 19?

A mountain bike is a bit smaller than a motorbike and sidecar with a figure that’s large than normal, but it is possible

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

I would agree with you both, except the patronuses included in the set are supposedly an otter and a rabbit. Hermione and Luna's patronuses are an otter and a hare, so even if the leaker is not knowledgeable about HP characters, the patronuses suggest they have the figure selection right. Ginny's patronus is a horse. 

They could potentially include Ginny in her quidditch uniform (as its different to the early films) in the cmf

Edited by RandomSniper109

Divination isn't in the astronomy tower but the north tower, after Firenze took over it was given on the ground floor

Just now, Cut the Kragle said:

Little disappointed that the Observation Tower isn't being based on Dumbledore's death scene, judging by the minifigure selection anyway.

Really? It was fairly obvious they weren't going to do that, LEGO tries to steer away from directly giving us death scenes as much as they can

17 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

A mountain bike is a bit smaller than a motorbike and sidecar with a figure that’s large than normal, but it is possible

They could potentially include Ginny in her quidditch uniform (as its different to the early films) in the cmf

I'm not saying they won't release a Ginny this year, just that based on the patronuses supposedly set to come in the Room Of Requirement set, I don't believe the leaker confused Hermione with Ginny.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really? It was fairly obvious they weren't going to do that, LEGO tries to steer away from directly giving us death scenes as much as they can

Yeah, but I see it as kinda in the same vein as them producing a set based on Anakin vs Obi-Wan in RotS, or Vader vs Luke vs Emperor in RotJ.

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Ginny will be coming either in the CMF or in a Burrow Wedding set next year. 

Looking forward to this wave! I've done a little plan of which minifigures from films 1-6 we are still missing. I've only included characters with speaking roles or prominent screen time, so some students, death eaters and order members haven't made the list. Obviously there are lots of varients of currently released minifigs (including young versions) that haven't been produced, but these are not included here. 

Gryffindor: Ginny, Fred, George, and Percy Weasley, Lee Jordan, Pavarti, Padma, Colin Creevey, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Cormac McLaggen, Romilda Vane

Slytherin :Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson

Hufflepuff: Leanne

Order of the Phoenix: Molly and Arthur Wesley, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt

Hogwarts: Profs Lockhart and Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, Moaning Myrtle

Death Eaters: Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback 

Wizarding World: Mr Borgin, Madam Rosmerta, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Amos Diggory, Rita Skeeter

Muggles: Frank Bryce, Aunt Marge

26 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Little disappointed that the Observation Tower isn't being based on Dumbledore's death scene, judging by the minifigure selection anyway.

Personally I think it'd be so much more interesting if it came with some Death Eaters, considering that scene is the last time we see masked Death Eaters in any of the films! Also the plot of HBP mostly revolves around Draco trying to bring them into the castle (well, and killing Dumbledore lol) so the addition of Death Eaters would make for many more interesting play scenarios! 

It's a shame as well as I doubt the CMF could include generic figures like the Death Eater from the graveyard. My ideal scenario would be that two generic Death Eaters are included in a ministry set and then masked variants of Lucius or Bellatrix can come in the CMF - that way Lucius could have a new mould for the snake on his cane!