Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

For now I feel the same way. I might change my mind when I see the set pictures but right know I'd say it's a skip for me

One of the great things about this theme is that it’s slow and steady. Peppering in sets from previous years doesn’t mean we won’t get the 5-6 sets. We may have to wait longer but if it means getting more in the long run, I’m all for it. I certainly don’t want to discourage Lego from making sets from lesser known things like Privet Drive, that could send the message that we don’t variety in the sets

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Both the OotP and HBP movies barely had any sets covering them yet Lego decided to waste a slot this year for a remake of a set based on CoS.Well atleast I know which set I won't be buying.

Still the chamber of secrets sets are very, very outdated, so I wouldn't call it a waste at all. Lego knows what they're doing as seen in the last 2 years. OotP and HBP will get their time to shine.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Still the chamber of secrets sets are very, very outdated, so I wouldn't call it a waste at all. Lego knows what they're doing as seen in the last 2 years. OotP and HBP will get their time to shine.

Considering that Lego covers 2 movies a year I was expecting this year to be all about OotP and HBP.I'm all about remakes but only after Lego is done covering the movies.

2 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Considering that Lego covers 2 movies a year I was expecting this year to be all about OotP and HBP.I'm all about remakes but only after Lego is done covering the movies.

Yeah alright I get it. But we still don't know everything yet so there's still hope.

3 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

But Lego never covers just 2 films a year. In the first year we had a POA set and the CMF featured GOF and OOTP characters. Last year the advent calendar was based on the first year. Based on that precedent, there's no reason to expect them to only include years 5 and 6 for this year.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We've gone through almost 8 pages in just one day :laugh_hard: We sure had a lot to talk about 

Yeah it was a good day for Harry Potter fans:laugh:

These new sets sound awesome! Centaurs, new Patronuses, awesome figures! I can’t believe they’re redoing Privet Drive although I’m surprised they’re only doubling back to previous movies for one set and it’s not the Chamber of Secrets itself. I hope there’s another D2C this year too but that seems unlikely. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

These new sets sound awesome! Centaurs, new Patronuses, awesome figures! I can’t believe they’re redoing Privet Drive although I’m surprised they’re only doubling back to previous movies for one set and it’s not the Chamber of Secrets itself. I hope there’s another D2C this year too but that seems unlikely. 

Kinda hope there won't be a D2C this year. With these sets and the CMF coming out a D2C is a bit too much imo

Ok, i just skimmed the previous 6 pages to find out what the flurry of activity on this board is all about.  

Can someone please summarize what we now know/think the HP sets will be this year?

Edited by wooster

So to summarize the rumors are: 

- $20 set: DA room of requirements (?) with Harry, Hermione, Luna with hare and otter patronuses 

- $30 set: Grawp in the forbidden forest with Harry, Hermione, Umbridge and centaurs

- $40 set: currently unknown 

- $60-70 set: Privet Drive set based of Chamber of Secrets

- $90 set: Astronomy Tower with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Lavender, Draco and Slughorn 

I’m a bit surprised that they’re going back to CoS for the Dursley’s, especially since it wouldn’t be too hard to make it OotP based (just switch out Dobby and Ron for Mrs. Figg and a dementor). 

I’m super stoked about the Grawp set because I’ve had that exact set description sitting in my predictions/wishlist document for going on two years now, so that’s pretty cool. 

Totally going crazy over the prospect of more patronuses. 

I’m strongly expecting to find out about another couple of sets coming out in August, and no doubt the CMF will be used to fill in some character gaps, but this is a promising spread. 

Just now, wooster said:

Ok, i just skimmed the previous 6 pages to find out what the flurry of activity on this board is all about.  

Can someone please summarize what we now know/think the HP sets will be tho year?

Astronomy Tower, Room of Requirements, 4 Privet Drive, Grawp in the forbidden forest, advent calendar

Maybe it would be handy if the first page gets updated with what we know so far?

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Surprised that they’re going back to CoS for the Dursley’s, especially since it wouldn’t be too hard to make it OotP based (just switch out Dobby and Ron for Mrs. Figg and a dementor). 

Leaving out the Ford Anglia and replacing those figures would make the set so much better

37 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

The da set doesn’t sound the best, I don’t understand why people are so happy about patronus’ they are cool but aren’t very useful. An inferi cave would have been so much better for pieces (a new locket, inferi for army building, and loads of rock pieces) and for things we have missed in the past

Strongly disagree, firstly as has already been said patronuses are much more important to Harry Potter than the Inferi. Also I think Hogwarts parts are more useful than rock pieces, and as for 'army building' I personally use duplicate characters with Hogwarts uniforms to make background students and non-Gryffindor uniforms are a rare delight. I also think an otter is a more interesting new mould than the horcrux locket but each to their own but maybe the locket could come in a DH set or CMF.

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

Strongly disagree, firstly as has already been said patronuses are much more important to Harry Potter than the Inferi. Also I think Hogwarts parts are more useful than rock pieces, and as for 'army building' I personally use duplicate characters with Hogwarts uniforms to make background students and non-Gryffindor uniforms are a rare delight. I also think an otter is a more interesting new mould than the horcrux locket but each to their own but maybe the locket could come in a DH set or CMF.

Definitely agree, looking forward to that Ravenclaw torso in a regular set. Plus, we probably wouldn’t get a new locket mold, we’d get a clear 1x1 tile with the locket printed on it. 

This seems like a promising lineup of sets so far. 

I am surprised to see the Room of Requirement as its own set instead of being part of the Astronomy Tower, but the new Patronuses sound great.  Hopefully it can still connect to the other castle sections. 

The Forbidden Forest was one I was predicting, and I am glad that two centaurs will be included instead of just one.  I wonder if they will be identical to each other, or have differences.  Perhaps this increases the chance of Firenze appearing in a set or CMF series later on.  Presumably the Umbridge will be different from the Bricktober version.

The Privet Drive set is interesting and unexpected, as a Year 2 set among otherwise Year 5-6 sets.  I am curious to see if the car will be a different build from the Whomping Willow set, or just the same exact one.  Hopefully the Dobby minifigure at least has a different expression to set it apart from the CMF version.  I'm a little disappointed that Fred and George are absent.  Hopefully they show up elsewhere.

The Astronomy Tower was another set that I expected to see, and it should look great with the previous castle sections released.  I'm also glad to see older versions of Neville and Draco finally.  Lavender Brown is also a good addition.  Presumably the Slughorn is a new variant. 

Between those four sets, that's 22 minifigures so far.  Hopefully the remaining sets include the Ministry Battle and/or the Inferi Cave.

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I disagree with this, some patronuses are but definitely not Lunas and hermiones, hogwarts pieces are boring, they are always 1 x bricks that can barely be used for Mocs and if they are used provide little detail, rock pieces can be used for literally any theme you want I would argue that inferi are more interesting than obscure patronuses, the Harry Potter studio tour has a space for inferi (although small) but has nothing for either Luna or hermiones patronus

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m a bit surprised that they’re going back to CoS for the Dursley’s, especially since it wouldn’t be too hard to make it OotP based (just switch out Dobby and Ron for Mrs. Figg and a dementor). 

Yeah that's fair. Include a fairground instead of the car and you're basically done. I wonder if Vernon will be wearing his dressing gown (or whatever it's called in English) or rather the suit he wore. Wouldn't really want it to be either option actually. I rather have their OotP or PS versions, but I probably prefer the sleeping clothes over suits.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

So far if there is one thing I have concluded from the previous Harry Potter sets is that Lego has done a good job of making sure that the sets and the CMF cover the films well and that the line up for the previous CMF made more sense once we knew what sets were coming (putting Cedric in to fit with the later Graveyard set for example). Going on that, I can't see them missing out the necessary Order members or Death Eaters it will just be a case of whether they appear in that last set (or any unknown sets) or in the CMF.

You are absolutely right because Draco from CMF was a great addition to the Quidditch set and the boy with Gryffindor flag can be used as a fan of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and be placed on the tribunes. Also, there was a cabinet in the Clock tower which was meant for Moody from the CMF and I made great use of it. By far the only two sets which I disliked and didn't buy were Aragog in the Forbidden Forest because of the poor minifig selection (the same Harry and Ron from the Hogwarts Express set) and the First task set because of the horrible brick-built dragon and lack of new characters in the set.

Sounds like we have a solid wave here. I'm happy with Privet drive set. It felt like it was missing in the first wave. Astronomy Tower sounds good, its a shame about the lack of Death Eaters but still sounds like a good line up. It's good to see Slughorn since I missed out on the Bricktober set last year. D.A. Sounds interesting. The room itself isn't too spectacular but there's a few good Patronus's they could do. 

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully it can still connect to the other castle sections. 

I hope so too, it would be weird if it was like another Freeing Dobby from 2011.

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Perhaps this increases the chance of Firenze appearing in a set or CMF series later on.  Presumably the Umbridge will be different from the Bricktober version.

Maybe Lego decides to make one of the centaurs a bit different and name one of them as Firenze, he appeared in Philosopher's Stone, and I'll want as many professors as we can get. I'm sure Umbridge will be different, she will probably have a frightened face, after all she hates centaurs...

3 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The Privet Drive set is interesting and unexpected, as a Year 2 set among otherwise Year 5-6 sets.  I am curious to see if the car will be a different build from the Whomping Willow set, or just the same exact one.  Hopefully the Dobby minifigure at least has a different expression to set it apart from the CMF version.  I'm a little disappointed that Fred and George are absent.  Hopefully they show up elsewhere.

Privet Drive is one of the sets I'm looking forward the most, and I'm so happy we are finally getting the Dursleys, let's see if some day we can get James and Lily.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The Astronomy Tower was another set that I expected to see, and it should look great with the previous castle sections released.  I'm also glad to see older versions of Neville and Draco finally.  Lavender Brown is also a good addition.  Presumably the Slughorn is a new variant. 

I'm happy to get another Slughorn, I think he'll come with his hat. Lavender is great to get, and the build will be beautiful.

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Between those four sets, that's 22 minifigures so far.  Hopefully the remaining sets include the Ministry Battle and/or the Inferi Cave.

Can't wait for the CMF! Lots of great minifigures have to be included! Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Poppy Pomfrey, Pomona Sprout, Gilderoy Lockhart, Kreacher, Sirius (OoTP),... 

Between the two I'd rather get Ministry Battle.

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The Forbidden Forest was one I was predicting, and I am glad that two centaurs will be included instead of just one.  I wonder if they will be identical to each other, or have differences.  Perhaps this increases the chance of Firenze appearing in a set or CMF series later on. 

This set (or some version of it) was one a lot of us predicted on here. Very excited to see some photos of the centaurs. I predict we will get a black centaur and a brown centaur (Bane and Magorian). And I agree - now that the centaur mold is confirmed, I think there is a good chance of us getting a Palomino colored Firenze in the CMF Series.

I think we'll be getting a centaur (either Firenze or Bane) in the CMF series using a new mold with the actual sets reusing said new mold

8 minutes ago, HarryPotter27 said:

By far the only two sets which I disliked and didn't buy were Aragog in the Forbidden Forest because of the poor minifig selection (the same Harry and Ron from the Hogwarts Express set) and the First task set because of the horrible brick-built dragon and lack of new characters in the set.

I'm missing the Aragog, Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus and Quidditch sets. Didn't bother with Aragog because I hate him (I'm an arachnophobic), the Quidditch set because something about it just feels off (don't ask me what though) and the Knight Bus and Hogwarts Express because I don't have a place to put them. 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think we'll be getting a centaur (either Firenze or Bane) in the CMF series using a new mold with the actual sets reusing said new mold

Wouldn't a centaur be too big for a CMF?

Now that you guys mention the centaurs, it's probably a repeat of the same figure. It's probably too much to hope for 5 unique figures and a giant in a $30,- set.