Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Personally I think we got plenty of champions last year and hope and think we will get something different and new this year (nothing from GOF) :wink:

I hope we get as many unique characters as possible in the CMF! I do not care if they are important or not as long as they are new (and have a lot of animal accessorizes :tongue:) :grin:

I second both of these! The franchise has so many fun and colorful characters that give the designers a chance to really go wild in the CMF, so I hope they take advantage of that. 

I honestly just want to know how many figures the CMF will have. I know the last had 22 and you all think it will stay the same but all CMF's (both licensed and in-house) have had 16 figures for a while now so the same could be done for HP

In the CMF, I definitely prefer the more obscure characters. Ideally I'd like figures with non-Gryffindor Hogwarts robes, and one each with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch uniforms. Other than that, not bothered at all.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I honestly just want to know how many figures the CMF will have. I know the last had 22 and you all think it will stay the same but all CMF's (both licensed and in-house) have had 16 figures for a while now so the same could be done for HP

Actually the DC Superheroes series is the first licensed CMF to only have 16 characters in years. Back in May Disney series 2 had the same 18 characters as its series 1, so it’s hardly unreadable to expect that Wizarding World series 2 will have the same 22 character slots as series 1. Although if the price hike stays some of us might wish there were only 16. 

IMO, the deciding factor whether it‘ll be 22 or 16 minifigs is Fantastic Beasts :wink: WW series 1 had 16 HP and 6 FB characters, so if there‘s no FB representation this time around, it‘ll be 16 for sure :classic: Personally, I‘d of course prefer 22, but since the FB didn‘t do so well, I‘m not expecting that 

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Actually the DC Superheroes series is the first licensed CMF to only have 16 characters in years. Back in May Disney series 2 had the same 18 characters as its series 1, so it’s hardly unreadable to expect that Wizarding World series 2 will have the same 22 character slots as series 1. Although if the price hike stays some of us might wish there were only 16. 

Ah, you're right. Just looked it up and totally forgot about the Aladdin characters :wall:

The price increase hasn't affected me yet but if it does happen sometime this year I'm honestly not sure wether or not I still want to collect the whole series, 5 euro for one figure is ridiculous (especially considering a $5 figure should cost 4,50 euro and not 5)

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes, I’m very curious about this myself. Maybe a lack of FB figures will factor into it or maybe it won’t. I guess we’ll see. I’ll try not to be disappointed if there are less than last time. That being said, they sold like crazy, probably better than any CMF to date, so I wouldn’t be surprised if HP gets more slots than other CMF lines

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, I’m very curious about this myself. Maybe a lack of FB figures will factor into it or maybe it won’t. I guess we’ll see. I’ll try not to be disappointed if there are less than last time. That being said, they sold like crazy, probably better than any CMF to date, so I wouldn’t be surprised if HP gets more slots than other CMF lines

I am pretty sure there will be fewer than 22 if they do not include FB this time. It could be 16, 18 or 20, but most likely not 22.
On the other hand the WW CMF series 1 was a top 10 bestseller in 2018, so why change a winning team :wink:
Even if Lego retired the FB sets after 1,5 years it do not mean that they sold poorly, they were so well made so personally I would be surprised if they not at least sold OK. The smallest HP set was retired also, Lego do need shelf space for new sets after all :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I am pretty sure there will be fewer than 22 if they do not include FB this time. It could be 16, 18 or 20, but most likely not 22.

The Fantastic Beasts minifigures could be Young Newt, Theseus Scamander, Leta Lestrange, Nagini, Young Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel. I'm pretty sure at least we will get Youngledore and possibly Nicolas Flamel, as he is vital for PS, and his look is also good to be translated in LEGO form. 

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

The Fantastic Beasts minifigures could be Young Newt, Theseus Scamander, Leta Lestrange, Nagini, Young Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel. I'm pretty sure at least we will get Youngledore and possibly Nicolas Flamel, as he is vital for PS, and his look is also good to be translated in LEGO form. 

This is exactly the same as my own predictions for the potential Fantastic Beasts lineup in the CMF. There’s no guarantee that we’ll get FB characters, but these guys would all be great to get. 

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

IMO, the deciding factor whether it‘ll be 22 or 16 minifigs is Fantastic Beasts :wink: WW series 1 had 16 HP and 6 FB characters, so if there‘s no FB representation this time around, it‘ll be 16 for sure :classic: Personally, I‘d of course prefer 22, but since the FB didn‘t do so well, I‘m not expecting that 

Let's hope we get this six FB minfigs, and if we do, I hope they're based on the sequel. I would like to get new Newt, young Dumbledore and Upgraded Grindelwald.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Upgraded Grindelwald.

Yes please! The CoG Grindelwald we have is pretty lackluster with the inaccurate hairpiece and lack of moustache 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Yes please! The CoG Grindelwald we have is pretty lackluster with the inaccurate hairpiece and lack of moustache 

I hate the hairpiece they use for him, and why didn't the face print in CoG set have a moustache? At least the CMF one is decent.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hate the hairpiece they use for him, and why didn't the face print in CoG set have a moustache? At least the CMF one is decent.

The CMF one is pretty great but I was sadly never able to find him, and no way I'm spending 20 euro on that figure! The hairpiece they used is probably the most accurate existing piece, which perfectly shows how desperately he needs a new piece

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m not sure I’d put Grindelwald on my list of priorities for a CMF, mainly because I don’t expect his appearance to change too much over the next three movies, which gives us plenty of time to get him in sets if Lego continues the FB theme. I’d rather the CMF give us characters like Leta Lestrange, who have only a slim chance of appearing in future sets because they won’t be featured in future movies. 

30 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m not sure I’d put Grindelwald on my list of priorities for a CMF, mainly because I don’t expect his appearance to change too much over the next three movies, which gives us plenty of time to get him in sets if Lego continues the FB theme. I’d rather the CMF give us characters like Leta Lestrange, who have only a slim chance of appearing in future sets because they won’t be featured in future movies. 

But if he isn't in the CMF there's a good chance we'll be stuck with the crappy hairpiece he currently has

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

But if he isn't in the CMF there's a good chance we'll be stuck with the crappy hairpiece he currently has

I prefer getting a new Grindelwald when the third movie comes out and get other characters. At least he has a couple of figures. 

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I mean, we got new hairpieces for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore and Hagrid all in one set back in 2018. And it’s not like Fantastic Beasts didn’t get a mold budget, it’s just that the Grindelwald’s Escape set sunk it all in a brand new thestral (not to mention the designers quite likely didn’t have the best, or any, references to use when they were making the set in the first place). 

36 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean, we got new hairpieces for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore and Hagrid all in one set back in 2018. And it’s not like Fantastic Beasts didn’t get a mold budget, it’s just that the Grindelwald’s Escape set sunk it all in a brand new thestral (not to mention the designers quite likely didn’t have the best, or any, references to use when they were making the set in the first place). 

True, but the first Harry Potter wave was an exception. They even got some of the mold budget for Jurassic World. Something we can't expect to happen again.

Then again, I still agree the cmf series is better off chosing different characters. Grindewald will have another chance when the third movie comes out, many other characters might not.

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

True, but the first Harry Potter wave was an exception. They even got some of the mold budget for Jurassic World. Something we can't expect to happen again.

Then again, I still agree the cmf series is better off chosing different characters. Grindewald will have another chance when the third movie comes out, many other characters might not.

Still, a single new hairpiece isn’t too crazy a proposition for a main antagonist character in a set, especially when he’ll likely turn up again. Hence the appeal of getting characters like Leta Lestrange or young Newt in the CMF. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Still, a single new hairpiece isn’t too crazy a proposition for a main antagonist character in a set, especially when he’ll likely turn up again. Hence the appeal of getting characters like Leta Lestrange or young Newt in the CMF. 

Yeah you're right. Each theme still has a budget for new molds. I just meant it wouldn't be as crazy as with wave 1. However I wouldn't be surprised if Lego went the easy route and used the Zane hairpiece, even in a cmf series.

I was wondering if they will make a rare minifigure like Grindelwald again because it will make collecting them all much harder. I was fortunate enough to receive Grindelwald at the beginning (4th package) but I had to spend a fortune before I find Luna and Harry Potter with the invisibility cloak.

14 minutes ago, HarryPotter27 said:

I was wondering if they will make a rare minifigure like Grindelwald again because it will make collecting them all much harder. I was fortunate enough to receive Grindelwald at the beginning (4th package) but I had to spend a fortune before I find Luna and Harry Potter with the invisibility cloak.

Funnily enough, I’ve never guessed wrong when feeling the blind bags, my brother even asks me to go with him when he searches for them because he knows I can find the right ones. Harry with the cloak took a while to find for me too though, he was one of the last ones I found

3 hours ago, HarryPotter27 said:

Didn't manage to get Grindelwald when collecting WW series 1, I bought him at a LEGO fair. But I somehow managed to get Cedric 4(!) times.

I got my first minifigure from the new DC collectable series and it came with two of the new transparent stud-on-an-angled-bar-thing, and I had an idea of using them to make the Hogwarts ghosts float! I think it works well :)

Lego Harry Potter: Ghosts