Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

It‘s not much, but at least we now know the price points, thanks to Libreria Rayuela: 

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

- advent calendar, 34.98 € 

That‘s one set more than we’ve previously known about! :sweet:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s not much, but at least we now know the price points, thanks to Libreria Rayuela

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

124?! That better be a huge part of the Hogwarts castle. 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s not much, but at least we now know the price points, thanks to Libreria Rayuela: 

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

Prices on the site are inflated 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Prices on the site are inflated 

Sure, but you can compare those prices with previous sets :wink: The Great Hall is also around 124€ while the Clocktower is a bit less, so that new set is in that range at least :classic:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

Looks like the same decent range of prices (and therefore sizes) that we’ve seen the last couple of years. Now that we’ve know about five sets it would not surprise me if we got the same 5 in June/July and 2 in August paternities we’ve been getting in this theme again. 

So excited about the advent calendar confirmation - I’m expecting a Yule Ball theme this year. Speculating on the number of exclusive figures - I wouldn’t expect to get as many as last year, since the trio only had new torsos, Flitwick only had a new torso and head, and the statue had a single color change - and no new legs at all. I expect us to get at least one more repeat figure in this year’s calendar. Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if our repeats were the Yule Ball versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione, with the exclusive figures being the Patil twins and/or a number of other Yule Ball options (Cho, Ginny and Neville, McGonagall, etc.). 

6 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I don't get why there is so much secrecy for LEGO sets, I totally get it for WW movies or the MCU, but for sets we could easily know of?

Because the Toy Fairs have previously been goldmines for knockoff brands like Lepin (now called Nuagao). Because they could see the new sets so early they got the chance to release the knockoff versions way before lego released the official ones. One of the reasons lego stopped showing a lot of sets at any of the TF's

I'm still not too certain about a yule ball advent calendar. There are still so many other Christmas themed scenes to choose from that I just don't know where they're going for this year. I can also see something Hogsmeade related or Weasley centered. Or perhaps the slug club considering this wave is most likely ootp and hbp centered. I'm just gonna let myself be surprised, otherwise I'll be setting myself up for disappointment. Besides we just got a yule ball centered set, and I'm not sure if they'll put the 3 exclusive figures for the trio togheter in another set when the clock tower is still on the shelves (assuming they will always include the main trio)

5 sets sounds pretty good, but hopefully that’s just one wave :innocent2:  Apart from the CMFs, of course. If that’s the case, I wonder if it’ll be one wave per movie, or if they’ll be mixed. Either way we can start guessing?

As for the possible yule ball themed calendar, I would rather have a Weasley or Hogsmeade themed one as Huigberts suggested. The remaining Cho, Neville, Ginny, etc would be much more detailed in a CMF, otherwise we’d get lazy re uses. 

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm still not too certain about a yule ball advent calendar. There are still so many other Christmas themed scenes to choose from that I just don't know where they're going for this year. I can also see something Hogsmeade related or Weasley centered. Or perhaps the slug club considering this wave is most likely ootp and hbp centered. I'm just gonna let myself be surprised, otherwise I'll be setting myself up for disappointment. Besides we just got a yule ball centered set, and I'm not sure if they'll put the 3 exclusive figures for the trio togheter in another set when the clock tower is still on the shelves (assuming they will always include the main trio)

I think the general thought process is that the GoF Christmas scene is ‘next up’ in what Christmases Lego can make. After all, the Chamber of Secrets Christmas is when the trio undertake their polyjuice plot, which I think we all agree involves too much for the minifigures for an advent calendar budget (given the the statue Harry and Ron hide behind to ambush Crabbe and Goyle was included in the ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ calendar, I’m inclined to suspect Lego thinks so too).  And Prisoner of Azkaban is the one movie where Christmas got completely cut out (despite being important in the book). 

So GoF is the next Christmas Lego can use for inspiration. And there are going to be some minifigure repeats in the advent calendars, it’s unavoidable. The number of new figures we got in the 2019 calendar was unprecedented, the Star Wars calendars for the last several years have only had one new minifigure each after all. And with only the Fantastic Beasts sets being retired this year, any reused figs are bound to be in other sets on the shelves when the advent calendar comes out. With that said, the Clocktower set has eight completely unique minifigures, I don’t think three of them (the main trio) showing up somewhere else will hurt its sales. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love an advent calendar based off of OotP or HBP, or even a generic Hogsmeade one to fill in for PoA, but Lego has to put a couple of reused minifigures into the calendars to keep costs down, and I think they’d rather those reused be one or two years old instead of same year releases. 

28 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The remaining Cho, Neville, Ginny, etc would be much more detailed in a CMF

Yes, CMF figures are more detailed, but they also really emphasize the accessories, which Yule Ball figures really aren’t well suited for. Plus, Neville wears the same outfit as Harry so as soon as he appears in a set with a normal hair and face we could construct him ourselves (good for an advent calendar, since it’s a new gig with no new prints - likely to start a riot if it happens in a CMF). 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

Comparing to what they're charging for previous sets, I guess those price points would translate to roughly:

$19.99

$29.99

$69.99

$99.99

$39.99

$39.99 Advent Calendar

Presumably the biggest set is the Astronomy Tower, as I can't think of many sets that would fit the price point.  I'm curious to find out what the second largest set is.  I'm still hoping for a new Burrow.  If last year is any indication, here's probably going to be a couple more sets released a month or two after the others.  I can only hope that it won't be too long before more information surfaces.

40 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Comparing to what they're charging for previous sets, I guess those price points would translate to roughly:

$19.99

$29.99

$69.99

$99.99

$39.99

$39.99 Advent Calendar

Presumably the biggest set is the Astronomy Tower, as I can't think of many sets that would fit the price point.  I'm curious to find out what the second largest set is.  I'm still hoping for a new Burrow.  If last year is any indication, here's probably going to be a couple more sets released a month or two after the others.  I can only hope that it won't be too long before more information surfaces.

While I’m definitely looking forward to a new version on the Burrow, I hope they save it for a Deathly Hallows wave and give us the wedding - to differentiate it from the 2010 set. Plus, my main hope for that price point in a HBP set is always going to be Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes. 

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

- 21.72 €

- 32.81 €

- 83.84 €

- 124 €

- 49.92 €

'Kay, going off of those prices, here are some potential predictions. (I'll just round the prices to what they'll approximately be in USD)

$20: The Inferi Cave- similar in idea and value to "Expecto Patronum" Probably builds for the small island with the option, as well as an archway for the cave entrance. Figs could include a couple Inferi, plus Harry and Dumbledore from the end of HBP (so LEGO doesn't have to include them in the Astronomy Tower, heh).

$30: Grawp's Ambush: The main build could be a buildable Grawp figure (similar in style to Giant Man, Ares, etc), with some generic-y forest side builds. Figures could be Harry, a new Umbridge, and at least two centaurs.

$70: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: I imagine this as a three-story structure built on a 32x32 nameplate at a 45 degree angle, with some fun interior details and some magical play features. Figures could include Fred & George, the trio, Ginny, and maybe Draco and Fenrir, since this would likely be our only HBP set of the year they'd fit into. (I think they're saving the Burrow for DH, and we've all pretty much come to the consensus that the Astronomy Tower will be based on OotP).

$100: The Astronomy Tower- Based on OotP, and would include a side piece of castle in addition to the tower. Rooms could include DA training room, Umbridge's office, and others. Figures could be various DA and Inquisitorial Squad members, with Neville being especially likely due to his up-to-now lack of appearance.

$50: Battle at the Ministry- I see this as a three-pronged playset, with the Fountain in the center, the Veil Room on the left, and the Prophecy Room on the right, with play features galore. Figures could include Dumbledore, Voldy, Harry, Bellatrix, Lucius, and Sirius.

Advent Calendar- Presuming it is based on the Yule Ball and we have the same budget as last year, here's be my figure picks:

Harry (verbatim from Clocktower)

Parvati (new printed torso, and imprinted pink dress. Face would probably be a reuse of MJ's from Spider-Man FFH)

Hermione (since people have complained about Hermione's dress in the Clocktower, I could see LEGO doing a new design printed on a standard pink dress piece. [Similar in idea to LEGO redoing McGonagall's head last year])

Neville (head & hair from new sets, Cedric's torso)

Ginny (head & hair from new sets, new torso and dress prints)

Hagrid (verbatim from carriage)

Filch (verbatim from Whomping Willow, but with a cat with new printing for Mrs. Norris. [Yeah, I still want a new Norris, plus I really like the shot in the movie where he's dancing with her])

As for August sets, I think Grimmauld Place has a good chance at making it as a store exclusive, as it's not the most iconic location, but would make for a really unique and interesting build, with some great and collectable minifigures in the form of order members like Tonks, Kingsley, etc. Not sure what the other August set could be, probably something from HBP?

54 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

$19.99

$29.99

$69.99

$99.99

$39.99

$39.99 Advent Calendar

At that price point I can see the sets being something like:

$19,99 - Minestry of Magic
Figures - Harry, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Lucius
$29,99 - Second Task
Figures - Harry, Merpeople, Victor, Igor Karkaroff, Gabrielle, Hermione (unlikely, too much figs, but idk)
$69,99 - The Burrow
Figures - Harry, Ron, Molly, Arthur, Fenrir, Ginny
$99,99. Astronomy tower + Greenhouse
Rooms - Umbridge Office, Dumbledore's Army/Room of Requirements, Slytherin Common Room
Figures - Harry, Luna, Fred, George, Slughorn, Draco, Umbridge, Firenze
$39,99 Borgin and Burkes
Harry, Snape, Narcissa Malfoy, Bellatrix

I based this on the reusability of the Gabrielle face. The fact that the greenhouses only play a big part in chamber of secrets and half blood prince. Dumbledore seemed to dark in the astronomy tower so he replaces the more obvious (but also too dark) choice of Sirius in the ministry. Prices for B&B and second task could but switched, depending on whether more figures or a bigger build would be more expensive.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the general thought process is that the GoF Christmas scene is ‘next up’ in what Christmases Lego can make.

Fair enough. But I think the advent calendars don't necessarily have to be build around Christmas, but rather winter in general. For which poa Hogsmeade would be the next in line. But who knows? I'll let myself be surprised, the theme managed that already for 2 years in a row.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, CMF figures are more detailed, but they also really emphasize the accessories, which Yule Ball figures really aren’t well suited for. Plus, Neville wears the same outfit as Harry so as soon as he appears in a set with a normal hair and face we could construct him ourselves (good for an advent calendar, since it’s a new gig with no new prints - likely to start a riot if it happens in a CMF). 

Mm, makes sense. I guess I’m not too crazy for anything yule ball anymore hah.

By the way, loving the predictions so far guys! I hope it goes something like that, except I’m not a fan of a big set being WWW, I just don’t see it happening for some reason (in that size). 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:06 AM, Accio Lego said:

Uh... Kreacher was so important for delivering the essential backstory of the locket horocrux that JKR told the movie producers/writers that they had to include him in the OotP movie or they’d be shooting  themselves in the foot. This isn’t like GoF where they already had a backup way for Harry to get gillyweed built into the books, without Kreacher the plot is stuck. 

Apparently I’m in the minority for thinking there is a decent chance of us getting Grimmauld Place. Lego absolutely loves standalone buildings after all (after vehicles of course) - Lego would definitely rather design a Grimmauld Place set than a Ministry of Magic set, since one is a straightforward building and the other is a series of massive and mostly empty underground chambers with no canon exteriors and Lego has been trying to avoid exteriorless dioramas in this theme for a decade and a half. Grimmauld Place is a manageable design, an iconic location everyone will recognize and doesn’t require aesthetic sacrifices for its impossible physics. 

I could see a Grimmauld Place set being similar to Marvel’s Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown. The size would be about right & they could even have it open like that set did with the bottom floor being the kitchen & the upper floor being the room where the trio was hanging out. 

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

i guess those price points would translate to roughly:

$19.99

$29.99

$69.99

$99.99

$39.99

This is great and very exciting news, interesting to see 5 sets from the 4 we were told previously, should be a strong wave and a good indicator of future commitment to the theme.

My predictions are as follows:

$19.99 Duel at the Ministry. Voldemort, Dumbledore, gold wizard statue. 

$29.99 Ministry Battle. Sirius, Harry, Lucius, Bellatrix, Ginny

$69.99 Durmstrang Ship. Igor, Krum, Igor’s assistant, Fleur (swimsuit), Cedric (swimsuit), Cho, Gabrielle Merperson

$99.99 Large Hogwarts section obviously, too many combinations of rooms to guess minifigures. Probably the Astronomy Tower and room of Requirement inside.

$39.99 Lake Task. Krum (shark head), Harry (flesh flippers), Hermione, Ron, Merperson, Barty Crouch Sr.

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

$70: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: I imagine this as a three-story structure built on a 32x32 nameplate at a 45 degree angle, with some fun interior details and some magical play features. Figures could include Fred & George, the trio, Ginny, and maybe Draco and Fenrir, since this would likely be our only HBP set of the year they'd fit into. (I think they're saving the Burrow for DH, and we've all pretty much come to the consensus that the Astronomy Tower will be based on OotP).

Hermione (since people have complained about Hermione's dress in the Clocktower, I could see LEGO doing a new design printed on a standard pink dress piece. [Similar in idea to LEGO redoing McGonagall's head last year])

What you're describing is basically a modular, which goes way over the $70 pricepoint :wink:

They gave hermione a 1x2 brick as legs because of a very solid reason: height. Sure, they could've printed that same pattern on one of those new dress pieces but then she would be as tall as a normal figure instead of a figure with mid-legs. It's all for more accuracy

29 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This is great and very exciting news, interesting to see 5 sets from the 4 we were told previously, should be a strong wave and a good indicator of future commitment to the theme.

My predictions are as follows:

$19.99 Duel at the Ministry. Voldemort, Dumbledore, gold wizard statue. 

$29.99 Ministry Battle. Sirius, Harry, Lucius, Bellatrix, Ginny

$69.99 Durmstrang Ship. Igor, Krum, Igor’s assistant, Fleur (swimsuit), Cedric (swimsuit), Cho, Gabrielle Merperson

$99.99 Large Hogwarts section obviously, too many combinations of rooms to guess minifigures. Probably the Astronomy Tower and room of Requirement inside.

$39.99 Lake Task. Krum (shark head), Harry (flesh flippers), Hermione, Ron, Merperson, Barty Crouch Sr.

As much as I'd love more GoF sets this year I really hope we won't get them, it's time for movies 5-8 to get their time in the spotlight

8 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

$19.99

$29.99

$69.99

$99.99

$39.99

$39.99 Advent Calendar

$19.99 - The Inferi Cave - Minifigures: Harry, Dumbledore with cursed hand, 2 Inferi.

$29.99 - Grawp - Minifigures: Harry, Umbridge, Hermione, Centaur.

$69.99 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes - Fred and George, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Harry.

$99.99 - The Astronomy Tower - Slughorn, Umbridge, McGonagall (black robes), Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, Neville, Luna, Ginny, Nigel.

$39.99 - Battle at the Ministry - Dumbledore, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Lucius.

$39.99 - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Padma and Parvati Patil, Igor Karkaroff, McGonagall (lighter green robes).

Minifigure Choice in the Astronomy Tower: I didn't include other teachers like Pomona Sprout or Poppy Pomfrey as I feel those characters will be coming in a CMF. Slughorn because he is only on the Bricktober Pack, and he could have a hat in here. I included both McGonagall and Umbridge because of the hate they have towards each other (and come on, Minerva is just the best - Have a biscuit, Potter -), Crabbe and Goyle because they need new minifigures, and with Draco, they could have the Inquisitorial Squad pin, and the others because they are from Dumbledore's Army.

Minifigure Choice in Battle at the Ministry: Dumbledore and Voldemort are a given, Bellatrix because she's essential, and Lucius because we finally need his minifigure (even though he could be replaced by Sirius and get Lucius in the CMF).

CMF: As I said before, Sprout and Pomfrey should be in the next CMF, along with Gilderoy Lockhart, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Kreacher, the Dursleys (Assuming they won't do a Privet Drive set, if so, they should go there), maybe Lucius, Rita Skeeter and Igor Karkaroff.

I didn't include The Burrow, as I feel it's better themed for DH1, and it could include Bill, Fleur, Arthur, Molly, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Aunt Muriel and Elphias Doge (even though Hermione could be replaced with Madame Maxime, even though that is highly unlikely). The Malfoy Manor would also have 10 minifigures (Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, Bellatrix, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby, Griphook and Scabior). In this wave we could have two $99.99 set, or the Burrow would be $69.99, with only Bill, Fleur, Arthur, Molly, Harry, Ron and Hermione, and the other two figures could be included in the CMF.

Edited by RAMcGonagall
Spelling

16 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

the Dursleys (Assuming they won't do a Privet Drive set, if so, they should go there)

As much as I would love it to get the Dursleys, I don't think this is the wave they'll appear in. They would either come the year after in a privet drive set based on the battle of the seven potters  (including car) or in 2022 when they'll revisit philosopher's stone and chamber of secrets.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

As much as I would love it to get the Dursleys, I don't think this is the wave they'll appear in. They would either come the year after in a privet drive set based on the battle of the seven potters  (including car) or in 2022 when they'll revisit philosopher's stone and chamber of secrets.

I kinda hope if they do Privet Drive it'll be from Prisoner of Azkaban, getting Marge would complete the Durleys family.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What you're describing is basically a modular, which goes way over the $70 pricepoint :wink:

Oof. I was pretty tired when I typed that, I meant 24x24. I'd had in mind the Creator set pictures down below, which features two smaller tall buildings, each enclosed on three sides, at just shy of 1000 pieces. Considering how a corner build of WWW would only require two full walls (which would be dominated by big windows), it stands to reason that they could pull that off at 700-800 parts. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They gave hermione a 1x2 brick as legs because of a very solid reason: height. Sure, they could've printed that same pattern on one of those new dress pieces but then she would be as tall as a normal figure instead of a figure with mid-legs. It's all for more accuracy

I know why they did her that way, it's just that there were definitely people who were less than happy with that approach, and an Advent Calendar based on the Yule Ball would be the perfect place to include an alternate option, which would have the additional purpose of not reusing multiple figures from the same set, which would devalue the Clocktower and be just generally uninteresting.

This price list is just for Harry Potther theme or also includes Fantastic Beats?

4 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I kinda hope if they do Privet Drive it'll be from Prisoner of Azkaban, getting Marge would complete the Durleys family.

Well that would be the best option in my opinion, but there wouldn't be much playability. Nothing really happens in that scene besides Marge blowing up, which they could never pull off in Lego.

Anyway the point was I rather see them in a set than in the cmf series as I don't think Lego will put out variants for the most hated family in movie history. So it's probably either one or the other.

Btw, there could be an additional 6th set since I‘ve noticed that the code names are HP1-4 and 6, with 5 being missing :wink: Sure, gaps in official set numbers happen all the time, but in the case of numbered code names it‘s save to say there‘s probably another one coming :classic:

59 minutes ago, Riku said:

This price list is just for Harry Potther theme or also includes Fantastic Beats?

It's for the Wizarding World theme so that includes Fantastic Beasts too. But the FB sets (alongside the advent calendar for obvious reasons) are the only ones who have been discontinued so far due to bad sales so it wouldn't suprise me if we don't get any more FB sets untill the third movie comes out next year

59 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway the point was I rather see them in a set than in the cmf series as I don't think Lego will put out variants for the most hated family in movie history. So it's probably either one or the other.

And nothing about the Dursleys screams CMF. Every part of their look can be easily achieved with existing pieces and standard printing (even legprinting isn't entirely necessary)