Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Roebuck said:

Zusammengebaut have a live coverage of the toy fair, they say most sets are not allowed to take pictures of, but that they will report what they see at least.. In house themes are more likely to be present than licensed ones like HP, but maybe we are lucky this year :tongue:

If these reports come out, when is it likely that we will know the Harry Potter related ones?

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

If these reports come out, when is it likely that we will know the Harry Potter related ones?

Depends on how much are reveled and have long it takes to write reports from the different themes.  Within a few hours at least, maybe 1-2, but do not hold your breath regarding HP leaks because of the last 2-3 years limited leaks from toy fairs :wacko:

12 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I wouldn't expect anything at all, we're extremely lucky if we even get setnames

HP is a good seller in 2019 also :sweet: From what I understand with google translate 1 of 7 mentioned themes (SW is not among them) that preform well :grin:

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

4 Advents Caldendars are confirmed for 2020 at Nuremberg Toy Fair, so this means we will get another one for Harry Potter

Doesn't necessarily mean one of them is HP. Ofcourse it's very likely but definetely not confirmed

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

4 Advents Caldendars are confirmed for 2020 at Nuremberg Toy Fair, so this means we will get another one for Harry Potter

I was just writing this :laugh:.

What do you think the new advent calendar will be? Yule Ball or Christmas at Grimmauld Place.

The new Hidden Side and Marvel sets are present at the TF but both pictures and descriptions aren't allowed. If HP is also present it will most likely belong in the same category

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new Hidden Side and Marvel sets are present at the TF but both pictures and descriptions aren't allowed. If HP is also present it will most likely belong in the same category

I hope we will at least get set names, this will give us more room for speculation.

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

I hope we will at least get set names, this will give us more room for speculation.

I hope so too, but it seems like it's getting more unlikely with every passing minute

There is a CMF confirmed for September? Harry Potter most likely?

Also there is the set name for a Spider-Man set, so maybe we can still be hopeful?

9 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

There is a CMF confirmed for September? Harry Potter most likely?

Also there is the set name for a Spider-Man set, so maybe we can still be hopeful?

Don’t set yourself up for disappointment :wink: The only thing we can do is wait for factory leaks in March, there most likely won’t be any info on the sets anytime soon (unless brickfanatics strike again with a set list).

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don’t set yourself up for disappointment :wink: The only thing we can do is wait for factory leaks in March, there most likely won’t be any info on the sets anytime soon (unless brickfanatics strike again with a set list).

According to Zusammengebaut there are Harry Potter sets displayed, I still hope we get even if it's just a name.

2 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

According to Zusammengebaut there are Harry Potter sets displayed, I still hope we get even if it's just a name.

I completely agree with @Lego-Freak: don't set yourself up for disappointment. If I were you I'd just accept the fact we're most likely not getting anything today :cry_sad:

I expected nothing and yet I‘m still disappointed. I wish TLG stopped attending these fairs, I‘d rather have no information at all rather than knowing that stuff was on display, but nobody’s allowed to talk about it :hmpf_bad:

Edit: did they edit the info on the live-feed? Now it says that HP and JW weren‘t on the show floor :wacko:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I expected nothing and yet I‘m still disappointed. I wish TLG stopped attending these fairs, I‘d rather have no information at all rather than knowing that stuff was on display, but nobody’s allowed to talk about it :hmpf_bad:

I don't get why there is so much secrecy for LEGO sets, I totally get it for WW movies or the MCU, but for sets we could easily know of?

It seems HP was one of the restricted themes. Maybe some info will leak somehow now that some people have seen them but it’s likely we’ll just have to keep waiting. Maybe we’ll get rough sketches after the fact by memory like we did last year, but who knows, that probably breaches some restriction or other, and nobody really wants to risk it. Bummer. All I care about are licensed themes and they’re all off limits 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I was just writing this :laugh:.

What do you think the new advent calendar will be? Yule Ball or Christmas at Grimmauld Place.

I’m expecting maybe a bit of both, but a focus on Yule Ball as it will make a prettier box cover :)

I’m guessing we get an Arthur Weasley with a Santa hat and a pie and the Patel twins in their gowns. In any case I Hope lego is brave enough to move away from ‘core’ characters ?

Edited by Bugbot20082

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

I Hope lego is brave enough to move away from ‘core’ characters ?

Me too, I want my Wizarding World collection to feel richer, I was so happy when they released Madame Maxime.

57 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I’m expecting maybe a bit of both, but a focus on Yule Ball as it will make a prettier box cover :)

I’m guessing we get an Arthur Weasley with a Santa hat and a pie and the Patel twins in their gowns. In any case I Hope lego is brave enough to move away from ‘core’ characters ?

Nah don't count on it. I'm pretty sure that, at least for a while, every HP advent Calendar will at least include Harry. Most likely Ron and Hermione as well. But who knows.

18 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Nah don't count on it. I'm pretty sure that, at least for a while, every HP advent Calendar will at least include Harry. Most likely Ron and Hermione as well. But who knows.

If they do 7 minifigures again for the advent calendar, they should at least include Padma and Parvati Patil, Igor Karkaroff (assuming he isn't in the CMF) and either a Yule Ball McGonagall with lighter green robes or one of the musicians in the Yule Ball concert.

Keep in mind having several exclusive figures in one advent calendar is extremely rare. It happened with the 2019 HP one but I’m not sure we’ll be that spoiled every time. Although it was thrown together last minute but who knows. Just be careful treating an advent calendar like a CMF line

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

We started seeing factory leaks in February last year so who knows, maybe sooner rather than later