Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Unless there‘s a brave LTF attendee going rogue[...]

:grin:

I would love it if this happened.  Understandably, though, they probably won't.

6 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

:grin:

I would love it if this happened.  Understandably, though, they probably won't.

I don't know what the exact circumstances were last year, but since all attendees had to sign a NDA this year, the chances of secret reports have dropped almost to 0. I doubt anyone would be willing to risk serious charges just to make a few AFOLs on the internet happy :laugh:

Anyway, this could turn the upcoming factory leak season quite interesting since there might be an overlap between regular leaks and leaked CMF (unless the DC series was an outlier and we're back to schedule with WW series 2). Without a minifig list, it could be tricky to tell what the leaked minifigs or parts thereof belong to :grin:

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Anyway, this could turn the upcoming factory leak season quite interesting since there might be an overlap between regular leaks and leaked CMF (unless the DC series was an outlier and we're back to schedule with WW series 2). Without a minifig list, it could be tricky to tell what the leaked minifigs or parts thereof belong to :grin:

Set figures will leak earlier than CMF figures though, with the sets coming out 2-3 months earlier depending on the release month of the CMF (we still don't know wether it's going to be august once again or september). And detail/new molds will probably set apart most of the CMF figures

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Set figures will leak earlier than CMF figures though, with the sets coming out 2-3 months earlier depending on the release month of the CMF (we still don't know wether it's going to be august once again or september). And detail/new molds will probably set apart most of the CMF figures

Keep in mind Voldemort from the CMF leaked at the same time as several regular minifig leaks in 2018

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Keep in mind Voldemort from the CMF leaked at the same time as several regular minifig leaks in 2018

True.

And honestly, maybe it will be better this way; if I knew every set and its contents right now, it is true that I would be able to plan my money better, but the wait would be unbearable!

17 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

True.

And honestly, maybe it will be better this way; if I knew every set and its contents right now, it is true that I would be able to plan my money better, but the wait would be unbearable!

I see that, but I just like to be prepared as fully as possible, so the sooner I know information and the more I know, the better for my budgeting (and the more at ease my wife can be)

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Thanks so much for the feedback on my 2020 set predictions. Here is what I anticipate we will see in the Wizarding World CMF Series 2. Would love to hear everyone else’s thoughts, too. Hopefully we start seeing some leaked pieces on IG soon to confirm our suspicions.

-

Harry Potter:

Harry Potter as Gregory Goyle in Slytherin robes with potion accessory, double-sided face print, and extra hair piece

Ron Weasely as Vincent Crabbe in Slytherin robes with cupcake accessory, double-sided face print, and extra hair piece

Hermione Granger as Millicent Bulstrode’s Cat in Slytherin robes with new cat head element and cat tail

Ginny Weasely in Gryffindor uniform with skirt piece, Tom Riddle diary, and basilisk fang

Moaning Myrtle grayscale ghost with toilet build

Professor Gilderoy Lockhart with blue Cornish pixie accessory

Madam Pomfrey with Skelegrow potion accessory 

Professor Pomona Sprout with mandrake accessory

Harry Potter transparent figure with minimal face printing, transparent hair piece, clear plastic invisibility cloak, and new Marauder’s Map printed tile piece 

Bellatrix Lestrange in Azkaban prison break outfit

Lucius Malfoy in Death Eater outfit

Luna Lovegood wearing new lion head element with Gryffindor flag

Rita Skeeter in lime green outfit with quick quill and new Daily Prophet tile piece

Professor Remus Lupin with werewolf head and  faun legs and alternate human head and legs

Sirius Black in green topcoat with big black dog animagus 

Kreacher the house elf with locket accessory and printed portrait of screaming Mrs. Black

Kingsley Schacklebolt in bright blue and purple robes 

-

Fantastic Beasts:

Young Professor Albus Dumbledore with blood oath pendant

Gellert Grindelwald with smoking skull accessory 

Newt Scamander in gray coat with new Picket bowtruckle piece

Credence Barebone (AKA Aurelius Dumbledore) with new Fawkes the phoenix piece

Nagini with snake accessory  
Edited by sebastian666

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

This is something I hadn’t thought of before. I waffled a bit on what villains to include in my own predictions, since most of the death eaters are either barely above background character status or don’t have a lot of outfit variation and are extremely likely to appear in sets (like I think will be the case for the Lucius Malfoy on your list), but Bellatrix is a fan favorite and her prison robes aren’t going to appear in a set, not to mention there’s an actual potential accessory with the ID card from her mug shot. 

15 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Last year‘s HP sets were neither at the Nuremberg nor at the NY Toy Fair, so don‘t expect them to be on display at either place this year :shrug_confused: The last time a WW set was on display at a toy fair was at the 2018 NYTF where they presented a prototype of the Great Hall set.

Unless there‘s a brave LTF attendee going rogue, we won‘t hear any details for quite some time. Sure, a set list could show up any day now, but for other details we have to wait for parts to leak on IG

I assume the sets where at Nuremberg last year on a restricted room like in 2018, not that it will do us much good this year unless someone is talking..

We have to wait for leaks or in worst case until Lego lifts the NDA :wacko:
I have probably asked this before, but do not remember the answer;
When do shops get the HY2 catalogue, in May?

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:
Harry Potter transparent figure with minimal face printing, transparent hair piece, clear plastic invisibility cloak, and new Marauder’s Map printed tile piece 

They don't do transparant figures though and if it we're possible we would've already gotten them through Star Wars (force ghosts). And even if it was possible I'd rather see something else, we already have an ''invisible'' Harry figure

42 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

When do shops get the HY2 catalogue, in May?

June, it might come a little earlier than that but it we will definetely have the setpictures before the catalogue

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

June, it might come a little earlier than that but it we will definetely have the setpictures before the catalogue 

Not the catalogue customers can pick up for free, but the secret one where the shop get to decide which sets they are going to order the coming months :wink:

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not the catalogue customers can pick up for free, but the secret one where the shop get to decide which sets they are going to order the coming months :wink:

Ah, that explains a lot :tongue:

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I see that, but I just like to be prepared as fully as possible, so the sooner I know information and the more I know, the better for my budgeting (and the more at ease my wife can be)

You're right, maybe I was just trying to make myself feel better about the lack of information.  :tongue:

On 1/23/2020 at 4:04 AM, sebastian666 said:

This is a good call! I had in my own list a generic masked death eater to fill in the ‘true villain’ spot but this variation of Bellatrix is a better choice for the CMF.

It would also easily open the door to a new version of her hair (if Lego wanted/needed to).

Edited by Bugbot20082

5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This is a good call! I had in my own list a generic masked death eater to fill in the ‘true villain’ spot but this variation of Bellatrix is a better choice for the CMF.

It would also easily open the door to a new version of her hair (if Lego wanted/needed to).

The previous Bellatrix piece was pretty much perfect. Only could have used some printing for the white hairs, so maybe duel molded this time around? As it's probably hard to print on such a piece.

Anyway a cmf Azkaban Bellatrix is also good for army building some prisoners.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The previous Bellatrix piece was pretty much perfect. Only could have used some printing for the white hairs, so maybe duel molded this time around? As it's probably hard to print on such a piece.

Anyway a cmf Azkaban Bellatrix is also good for army building some prisoners.

I agree it would be a good army builder for Azkaban uniforms but unless you're building an Azkaban MOC I'm not sure why you'd want many of these :wink:

2 hours ago, Taidehaamu said:

The azkaban uniform is generic ennough to work for people who just wanna build a historical prison moc. 

And between Bellatrix and Sirius you could have a male and female uniform style 

17 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

It would be cool to get the dress slope piece for a Bellatrix Azkaban figure. 

It would be great to get a dress slope in her regular Death Eater outfit for a start, but yes I agree that would be really cool. Except if series 1 is anything to go by, the CMF dress slopes won’t have back printing (and neither will most of the figures for that matter)

God I hope we don't get normal Lestrange in CMF that'd be real waste of a slot. The old one is fine and you can insert her into any number of sets from Goblet of Fire to Deathly Hallows.

46 minutes ago, Taidehaamu said:

God I hope we don't get normal Lestrange in CMF that'd be real waste of a slot. The old one is fine and you can insert her into any number of sets from Goblet of Fire to Deathly Hallows.

Actually Bellatrix could be included in a Malfoy's manor set, that would make sense, and other characters could be included like Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Griphook and Dobby

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And between Bellatrix and Sirius you could have a male and female uniform style 

Or just one unisex torso so they don't waste a slot....... 

1 hour ago, Taidehaamu said:

They're not going to. Knowing lego they will just make her in a normal set and include the same figure of her in many other future sets (most likely her old hairpiece, 2 expressions, torso and the skirt piece with a print on it)

Edited by Guyon2002
grammar

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Or just one unisex torso so they don't waste a slot....... 

They're not going to. Knowing lego they will just make her in a normal set and include the same figure of her in many other future sets (most likely her old hairpiece, 2 expressions, torso and the skirt piece with a print on it)

I don’t think it would be a waste at all. We already have Azkaban Sirius

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It would be great to get a dress slope in her regular Death Eater outfit for a start, but yes I agree that would be really cool. Except if series 1 is anything to go by, the CMF dress slopes won’t have back printing (and neither will most of the figures for that matter)

Yeah that's true I guess. Still, only front printing is better than no printing at all (looking at you Fleur).