Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I think polyjuce Crabbe and Goyle are quite likely. The two are missing and could offer different Torso Prints for their houses robes like the 4 versions of the first series.

Griffendor's sword would be a punch in the face of Middle Eart Fans, who never got Glamdring, Narsil or Orcrist... I get why Lego would not do a Heugrimm, but the first 3 were really neccessary. On the other hand i'd i'd be glad to get anything for the Castle theme...

Yeah I think polyjuice Crabbe and Goyle are very likely for the cmf series, as well as cat Hermione. Best way to get some Slytherin robes and different variants for the heroes that wouldn't waste a spot (because most of their outfits are more set or advent calendar material). I could see them being done like Madeye, with double sided faces (maybe 2 heads in hermiones case) and a second hairpiece.

About the sword. I think since Harry Potter has been around for so long it does deserve new molds like that, especially with a cmf series. Besides lotr wasn't around long enough to get that many new molds (3 years, 4 if you count dimensions) and since then Lego has just overall started giving us more new molds. Also wouldn't it be weird if it were the other way around? When lotr suddenly comes back, but they wouldn't give us new sword molds because HP never got one? Nah don't think that's a valid reason against the sword of gryffindor.

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As much as I agree we should have gotten more sword molds for LOTR, I would never want them to withhold new molds for one theme just because another didn’t get them

Exactly :classic: You can’t really compare the mould budget of a regular theme with that of a CMF series. I’m sure that the Middle-Earth themes would’ve gotten moulds for Anduril, Glamdring and Orcrist if the theme had a CMF series dedicated to it. Including new swords in the sets themselves sure would have been appreciated, but TLG produced so many other new awesome moulds for the ME themes that a lack of sword moulds (besides Sting that is) never really bothered me. Neither does the current lack of the Sword of Gryffindor, for that matter :laugh: Nice to have, but overall pretty low on the priority list of new moulds 

Edited by Lego-Freak

The only problem i see with Crabbe Goyle and Cat-Hermoine is their age. The figures from Chamber of secrets had short legs in the sets until now unlike the 4 medium sized leg-robe combos we got in the first wave.

Oh, i don´t mean that they shouldn´t do that mould. Like i said: We need everything we can get for Castle/Fantasy. But it can still annoy me to get reminded of the potential Lego wastet with the Middle Earth sets (For example: a set with Witchking, Fellbeast and Eowyn would sell well to Middle Earth nerds as well as to Children who just see a cool generic fantasy set. Just like an Iron Hill Dwarfes Battlepack... I think it wasn´t a failure of the licence that the Laketown sets - especially the way they were done- the uruk forge or the Mirkwood army didn´t sell well. Their could have been a mould for orcrist if they didn´t make the hat hair combo for the master of laketown. Half of the time he isn´t wearing a hat. It could also have been Kilis Haipiece without the hole for a quiver, which looks stupid on thorin, Fili, the pirate and Quinlan Vos. it would have been easy to improve the theme just by doing different new moulds.).

Edited by Gorilla94

Do you think it is possible we get a Fred and George in the CMF, but rather different e.g. one in quidditch and one Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes uniform, so people just can buy 2 of each if they want?

Personally I am more interested in new animal moulds (as usual) than swords. Hopefully it will be the same amount of animals as series 1 :wink:

London Toy Fair starts tomorrow, hopefully some leaks are coming soon :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

The only problem i see with Crabbe Goyle and Cat-Hermoine is their age. The figures from Chamber of secrets had short legs in the sets until now unlike the 4 medium sized leg-robe combos we got in the first wave.

Oh, i don´t mean that they shouldn´t do that mould. Like i said: We need everything we can get for Castle/Fantasy. But it can still annoy me to get reminded of the potential Lego wastet with the Middle Earth sets (For example: a set with Witchking, Fellbeast and Eowyn would sell well to Middle Earth nerds as well as to Children who just see a cool generic fantasy set. Just like an Iron Hill Dwarfes Battlepack... I think it wasn´t a failure of the licence that the Laketown sets - especially the way they were done- the uruk forge or the Mirkwood army didn´t sell well. Their could have been a mould for orcrist if they didn´t make the hat hair combo for the master of laketown. Half of the time he isn´t wearing a hat. It could also have been Kilis Haipiece without the hole for a quiver, which looks stupid on thorin, Fili, the pirate and Quinlan Vos. it would have been easy to improve the theme just by doing different new moulds.).

Believe me I still haven’t gotten over the loss and tragedy of the LOTR theme. Unbelievable potential thrown in the trash. 

Move thought the same thing about the polyjuice scene being from second year, because that means they should have short legs, which means no printed medium legs. This is a case where I would be fine with them being inconsistent and giving them medium legs. Then we could just switch them out with short legs for the trio, and still collect several more to make other students with printed medium legs

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Do you think it is possible we get a Fred and George in the CMF, but rather different e.g. one in quidditch and one Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes uniform, so people just can buy 2 of each if they want?

Personally I am more interested in new animal moulds (as usual) than swords. Hopefully it will be the same amount of animals as series 1 :wink:

London Toy Fair starts tomorrow, hopefully some leaks are coming soon :shrug_oh_well:

That idea for Fred and George would be great, it’s an easy way to get two versions of each of them

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Oh, you’re right, I’d forgotten... :blush: ...Man, that’s a sad statement. Before 2018, I used to look forward to the Toy Fair season more than a 6-year old anticipates Christmas, but now the ‘magic’ is gone, so to speak. Wouldn’t mind being wrong though :laugh:

In fact, we might get to see a single official set reveal like the Rexcelsior last year, but I doubt it’d be a WW set. I’m fully expecting the yellow pill monstrosities to get some attention in this year’s TFs, plus Dots and the theme codenamed ‘Leaf’.

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It's possible but I'm not a fan of the idea, Fred and George shouldn't be in the CMF at all. 

WWW versions wouldn't work because lego needs to have both of them available if/when they decide to do the actuall WWW shop. Quidditch versions wouldn't work because they have different numbers on their uniforms (and the uniforms from the earlier years are nearly identical to the ones worn by Wood and Harry in the Quidditch set)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Oh, you’re right, I’d forgotten... :blush: ...Man, that’s a sad statement. Before 2018, I used to look forward to the Toy Fair season more than a 6-year old anticipates Christmas, but now the ‘magic’ is gone, so to speak. Wouldn’t mind being wrong though :laugh:

In fact, we might get to see a single official set reveal like the Rexcelsior last year, but I doubt it’d be a WW set. I’m fully expecting the yellow pill monstrosities to get some attention in this year’s TFs, plus Dots and the theme codenamed ‘Leaf’.

I heavily dislike the TF's nowadays. Fans of companies like Funko get so much new stuff and we get..... pretty much nothing. Which is especially sad because the TF's were really something to look forward to, but I guess we have those scumbags from Lepin to thank for that

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I heavily dislike the TF's nowadays. Fans of companies like Funko get so much new stuff and we get..... pretty much nothing. Which is especially sad because the TF's were really something to look forward to, but I guess we have those scumbags from Lepin to thank for that

Yeah, those leeches are so fast they sometimes manage to release their knock-offs before the official launch *huh* The TF-situation has thus become quite dire, but with lowered expectations we might still get some enjoyment out of this year’s season. Just don’t expect anything mind-blowing (or better yet, anything at all).

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I always thought the main reason for lack of leaks is that both TLG and movie studios have gotten greedier, and they want you to spend money on the current assortment of products, rather than save your pennies for the “good stuff” coming up

37 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I always thought the main reason for lack of leaks is that both TLG and movie studios have gotten greedier, and they want you to spend money on the current assortment of products, rather than save your pennies for the “good stuff” coming up

If that was the goal, then what is even the point of toy fairs? :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's possible but I'm not a fan of the idea, Fred and George shouldn't be in the CMF at all. 

Exactly. There’s plenty of potential sets they could include the Weasley twins in, no need to waste precious CMF slots on them :classic: The same could be said for other CMF identical siblings in the past (looking at you, Zan, Jayna, Huey, Dewey and Louie), but in those cases it was at least more justified since they were harder to put into sets, especially the latter three.

47 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

They have indeed become greedier (at least in my opinion) but the main reason for not showing sets at TF is because Lepin and other knockoff companies kept stealing the sets shown and releasing them before lego was able to release them theirselves. Knockoff companies are really the most laughable people in the world, how can you honestly live with your self knowing every single thing you have achieved is illegally leeched off of other peoples creativity? They're sad people, at least companies like MegaContrux do their own thing

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Move thought the same thing about the polyjuice scene being from second year, because that means they should have short legs, which means no printed medium legs. This is a case where I would be fine with them being inconsistent and giving them medium legs. Then we could just switch them out with short legs for the trio, and still collect several more to make other students with printed medium legs

Yeah I agree. They already did so for Neville so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch if they did it again

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

WWW versions wouldn't work because lego needs to have both of them available if/when they decide to do the actuall WWW shop. Quidditch versions wouldn't work because they have different numbers on their uniforms (and the uniforms from the earlier years are nearly identical to the ones worn by Wood and Harry in the Quidditch set)

Indeed, I rather have them in an advent calendar in their Christmas sweaters since that's the best way to keep them apart with the letters on the sweaters and all. It's also the closest thing to their looks in the old Harry Potter games which are very nostalgic to a lot of people.

Like others have said I think the CMF series is best used for characters which don’t fit in a likely future set naturally (e.g. James and Lilly Potter, Nicholas Flamel, Rita Skeeter etc), and figures which require new moulds which may be a one-off use (e.g. Professor Sprout, Werewolf Lupin, Lee Jordon, Madam Pomfrey, Keecher).

Fred and George don’t need new moulds and we could easily end up with three variations in predictable future sets: the Burrow (home clothes), castle section with the DA room (school jumper), and WWW (shop outfit) etc.

Cat-Hermione fits the bill for a CMF spot (new hair/ear combo) but the other two polyjuice figures would be better served populating a bathroom/Slytherin common room castle section set.

Previously I had suggested  HBP versions of Ron (quidditch keeper) and Harry (with HBP potions book) as CMF options

Edited by Bugbot20082

50 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Cat-Hermione fits the bill for a CMF spot (new hair/ear combo) but the other two polyjuice figures would be better served populating a bathroom/Slytherin common room castle section set.

I think the thing is that most us us suspect Lego will want the Main trio to match - hence has-to-be-in-a-CMF Cat Hermione being grouped with the polyjuiced Harry and Ron. I also think you’re overestimating how likely the regular Crabbe and Goyle are to show up in sets - Crabbe only ever appeared as polyjuiced Ron in 2002 and the only other time Goyle appeared was the final battle set in 2011. If Lego ‘bends the rules’ a bit and gives them mid legs (there is precedent with Neville, and Crabbe and Goyle are supposed to be huge) and gives them full printed Slytherin Robes like we got for Gryffindor in series 1, then I think polyjuiced Harry and Ron would be right up there in CMF exclusive detail levels. 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Previously I had suggested  HBP versions of Ron (quidditch keeper) and Harry (with HBP potions book) at CMF options

I think hbp Harry is very likely to show up in sets. And I kinda have a feeling that in a year or 2 they will redo the quidditch field since we only got 1 half and because they will likely redo some sets after a while, but this time with a hbp team. Of course a cmf quidditch uniform would be great for army building, but the figure would be kinda useless because of his number, the keeper protection and because there probably wouldn't be any other houses represented in a hbp quidditch uniform so he would be kinda odd looking in between the other quidditch figures for now.

Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy in uniform would be great figures to have - lots of potential for army building Slytherins. I could see Percy being another CMF character, and one of the non-Dobby house elves. Suited Voldemort would work in CMF form. 

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy in uniform would be great figures to have - lots of potential for army building Slytherins. I could see Percy being another CMF character, and one of the non-Dobby house elves. Suited Voldemort would work in CMF form. 

Suited Voldemort is way too obscure and insignificant. On top of that he is extremely (and when I see extremely I really mean extremely) easy to make with existing parts.

And everything we're getting is based off one (or more) of the movies, so we're never going to get a house elf that isn't Dobby or Kreacher. On the subject of house elfs I do really hope Kreacher is in the CMF, possibly with the locket as his accesory 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Suited Voldemort is way too obscure and insignificant. On top of that he is extremely (and when I see extremely I really mean extremely) easy to make with existing parts.

And everything we're getting is based off one (or more) of the movies, so we're never going to get a house elf that isn't Dobby or Kreacher. On the subject of house elfs I do really hope Kreacher is in the CMF, possibly with the locket as his accesory 

Back to the sub after a long time!

I agree Kreacher should be made into a CMF, he is really an important character, especially in Deathly Hallows. I want characters like Madame Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, Lockhart, Karkaroff to show up in the CMF. If LEGO really wanted a new variation of Voldemort or Dumbledore in the CMFs(he can be in the sets), I really hope they'd change that and give a new variation of McGonagall, like with her Scottish hat, or her in her black robes and finally using a hairpiece.

Honestly there isn't a lot they can do with Voldy in future sets. He only has 2 outfits post-GoF and with the green one being exclusive to the CMF it makes a lot of sense for every post-GoF Voldemort figure we get to use the black skirt and torso from the graveyard set. Possibly with a new faceprint once in a while to mix things up

Honestly there isn't a lot they can do with Voldy in future sets. He only has 2 outfits post-GoF and with the green one being exclusive to the CMF it makes a lot of sense for every post-GoF Voldemort figure we get to use the black skirt and torso from the graveyard set. Possibly with a new faceprint once in a while to mix things up

Probably at this point the only Voldemort minifigure we have left is Tom Riddle, and that one could come in a set if they wanted to represent Dumbledore's memories. 

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Probably at this point the only Voldemort minifigure we have left is Tom Riddle, and that one could come in a set if they wanted to represent Dumbledore's memories. 

True. But for ''normal'' Voldemort we're pretty much done, even the range of expressions they could give us is quite small. We already have a stoic expression and the retarded ''Hurray Putter is ded!'' laugh, maybe they could do an angry face or just a small smile?

True. But for ''normal'' Voldemort we're pretty much done, even the range of expressions they could give us is quite small. We already have a stoic expression and the retarded ''Hurray Putter is ded!'' laugh, maybe they could do an angry face or just a small smile?

Probably one in pain or one kinda worried for Deathly Hallows sets? Like trying to represent his pain when horrocruxes are being destroyed? Also they could try and use something similar to the Dementor "legs" to make the flying effect. 

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I really hope they'd change that and give a new variation of McGonagall, like with her Scottish hat, or her in her black robes and finally using a hairpiece.

Can see the hat/hair combo used for beauxbatons possibly being reused for such a hat/hair piece for macgonagall 

58 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Also they could try and use something similar to the Dementor "legs" to make the flying effect. 

Yeah they used it for Reaper in the overwatch sets, I can see it working for Voldemort as well.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah they used it for Reaper in the overwatch sets, I can see it working for Voldemort as well.

Or any of the Death Eaters really. In the movies they could all fly with that smoky effect, it would work for any of them