Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Harry Potter 2020 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, and general Wizarding World discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Harry Potter discussion. 

Enjoy!

Confirmed for 2020 release (prices in USD):

Forbidden Forest-$30 Includes Umbridge, Harry, Hermione, 2 Centaurs

Room of Requirement-$20 Includes Harry, Luna, Hermione

Privet Drive-$70 Includes Dudley, Pentunia, Vernon, Harry, Ron, Dobby, Ford Anglia

Buildable Hedwig- $40 Includes exclusive Harry

Astronomy Tower-$100 Includes Harry, Hermione, Ron, Slughorn, Luna, Draco, Lavender, Neville

Burrow-$100

71028 CMF series 2 - Professor Sprout with adult Mandrake, Neville with Monster book of Monsters, Richard Harris Dumbledore, Luna in Gryffindor mascot outfit, Kingsley Shacklebolt with broom, Bellatrix in Azkaban garb, HBP Harry in civilian outfit with HBP's textbook, Hermione in HBP civilian outfit with butterbeer, Ron in HBP civilian outfit with butterbeer, Moaning Myrtle with Tom Riddle's diary, Griphook with sword of Gryffindor and clanker, Ginny in Slughorn Christmas party outfit with ice cream, Fred and George in matching GoF winter outfits, James Potter with photo, Lily Potter with Baby Harry.

43313296_hpcmfseries2.thumb.jpg.5ec13c3edf45c82dcb34a810f786d5b6.jpg

Image credit to promobricks.de

50211911898_df5c79e366_c.jpg.39f2089085ed9f8fb07519c2510ea5fb.jpg

Image credit to @Micmac.

40412 Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz

lego-brickheadz-hagrid-buckbeak-40412-01.jpg.9bb5fb879d2862ced02e88233b590222.jpg

Yet to be Officially Revealed

75978 Diagon Alley-$400 (price not confirmed. Set's existence confirmed by exclusive Harry minifigure and sticker sheets)

It may contain 5544 pieces, and include the stores Ollivander's, Flourish & Blott's, Weasley Wizard Wheezes, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Scribbulus Writing Implements, Florian Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, and the offices of the Daily Prophet.

Just spent New Year’s Day building the Clock Tower! Very fun build and now I have a place for the Hogwarts Architect statue from the advent calendar (in place of the chest next to the sad Goblet of Fire).

Dumbledore’s office and the goblet were the only disappointing builds imo. Cannot wait for news for this years sets! 

We got an exclusive book minifigure leak of Darth Maul a little while back so I’m hoping the exclusive HP book minifig pops up soon. I’d love to know what the figure is

20 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’d love to know what the figure is

Worst case: the swirly hair silhouette was a false flag and it's just a variation of Harry.

Second to worst case: the silhouette is correct and it's a version of Harry with that hair style (can't think of a version that hairpiece would suit though)

Best case: a new character or a new version of an available character.

My money is still on Lockhart :sweet:

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Worst case: the swirly hair silhouette was a false flag and it's just a variation of Harry.

Second to worst case: the silhouette is correct and it's a version of Harry with that hair style (can't think of a version that hairpiece would suit though)

Best case: a new character or a new version of an available character.

My money is still on Lockhart :sweet:

Or the other 'Best case': it's another reused figure so we save a lot of money on a book we didn't really need anyway and can use that money to buy more sets :wink:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Or the other 'Best case': it's another reused figure so we save a lot of money on a book we didn't really need anyway and can use that money to buy more sets :wink:

That's hardly "exclusive", now is it :wink: You're right in that the books are quite expensive if you only buy them for the minifigs. In my eyes though, the books themselves are worth it. DK puts out some quality material :classic:

What are the chances we get a remake of The Burrow this year? The original 2010 version is one of my favourite HP sets, it would be great to see it remake (potentially at a higher price point with more pieces). 

44 minutes ago, Willsy said:

What are the chances we get a remake of The Burrow this year? The original 2010 version is one of my favourite HP sets, it would be great to see it remake (potentially at a higher price point with more pieces). 

I feel like there’s a fairly good chance when they get to HBP sets. I would imagine they will stick to the trend of two movies per year but at the same time, 5 and 6 each have a lot of material to cover so for all we know they’ll split them up. But assuming we get sets from both this year, I feel like the chances are fairly high

I’m not trying to wishlist, this is just logical speculation. I think the obvious sets from OOTP would be a Ministry battle set, a DA set, and a section of Hogwarts with different movie scenes. Maybe Grawp and Grimauld Place as well but less likely. For HBP I think The Burrow, the Astronomy Tower, and the Cave are the obvious choices. I also really wouldn’t mind more GOF sets, there’s a lot there still to cover. But maybe if they circle back through in the future 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

51 minutes ago, Willsy said:

The Burrow is a very iconic location in Harry Potter, and I think we’re guaranteed to get it - even though it took nearly a decade to get it during the first run of the theme. The question is whether we’ll get it this year as a HBP set or next year as as setting for the DH1 wedding. (I’m personally hoping for the latter, since it will offer some differences from the 2010 set and allow for some really awesome exclusive minifigures.) 

My personal predictions for this year would be: 

- $15-20 set: Horocrux Cave (with Harry, Dumbledore and Infiri)

- $30-40 set: Encounter with Grawp (with Harry, Hermione, Umbridge and Centaur(s))

- $40-50 set: Borgin & Burke’s (with Draco, Bellatrix, Greyback and Death Eaters)

- $60-70 set: Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes (with Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny) 

- $70-80 set: Grimmauld Place (with Harry, Sirius, Kreacher, Molly, Arthur, and Order Members)

- $100 set: Astronomy Tower + DA Meeting (with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ginny, Umbridge, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and DA member)

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Happy new year :classic:
Looking forward to see what Lego will do with the WW theme this year :sweet:

Me too. Everything we’ve gotten so far has been fantastic. We know whatever it is it’s going to be great. 

Hay guys I have been to a couple of Lego stores in U.K. and Paris and in the build-a-figure booths they have the new Scabbers rat available and also the new Dumbledore hair in light grey (Great Hall Set) if you are lucky 

Edited by Bugbot20082

New book just popped up with the same Hermione from Hagrid’s Hut. Nice cheap way to get that figure, it’s probably the best version of her so far. It’s an easy way to get the Wonder Woman hair piece in that color even for people who aren’t HP fans

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Voldemort minifig from the Rise Of Voldemort set is also coming in a book with Nagini 

Except it's the unprinted sand green version of the Nagini mould from the D2C Hogwarts set rather than the olive green printed one from the CMF series... Works well enough I guess :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Except it's the unprinted sand green version of the Nagini mould from the D2C Hogwarts set rather than the olive green printed one from the CMF series... Works well enough I guess :shrug_oh_well:

Why would they change that when the cmf one's fine. Is this confirmed?

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Because they like to keep some things exclusive to certain sets/cmf's. Like it or not it's just business

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because they like to keep some things exclusive to certain sets/cmf's. Like it or not it's just business

It’s likely an ease of availability thing too. It’s easier to grab the unprinted version from the D2C that’s currently in production than quite possibly have to recreate a custom printed version done in a different factory for a CMF that was retired a year ago. 

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Are you sure? If we are lucky it can be printed even if it is sand green :wink:

19 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

New book just popped up with the same Hermione from Hagrid’s Hut. Nice cheap way to get that figure, it’s probably the best version of her so far. It’s an easy way to get the Wonder Woman hair piece in that color even for people who aren’t HP fans

Technically everyone needs two of that figure for time travel-related reasons!

10 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Technically everyone needs two of that figure for time travel-related reasons!

Ha! :laugh: Great point. May have the get that book after all. 

44 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Ha! :laugh: Great point. May have the get that book after all. 

Yeah that's something I realised as well when I had both Hagrid's Hut and Expecto Patronum together: it's the one scene you can display two Harry's in the same scene! It's the one reason I wasn't annoyed that there were 3 identical Harry minifigures this wave as now two of them can be for the time travel and I gave the other Hogwarts uniform to go with my CMF Ron. 

I’m very interested to see which characters Lego will choose to put in sets and which ones to put in the CMF series. I would imagine we’ll get a new Dumbledore for HBP and I’m curious to see if it will be different from the CMF one. I hope so. I really want a cave set with Dumbledore, Harry, and some Inferi. A different face print would suit Dumbledore very well in a set like that

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m very interested to see which characters Lego will choose to put in sets and which ones to put in the CMF series. I would imagine we’ll get a new Dumbledore for HBP and I’m curious to see if it will be different from the CMF one. I hope so. I really want a cave set with Dumbledore, Harry, and some Inferi. A different face print would suit Dumbledore very well in a set like that

A different face print is definitely possible - and in addition, Dumbledore doesn’t wear his hat during the Horcrux Cave scene and has his withered hand. Switch out the skirt piece for some printed legs So he can recline on the rocks and you’ve got a fig that’s even more different from the CMF than the one we got in the Clocktower set. 

I want to see magic spells in Harry Potter lego series.  The Patronus is really cool (and i want more), but the glitter dish should come from a wand (from a timetraveling Potter as others said lol). There are already several transparent dishes and effects (from the marvel series) that with just two matching transparent cones can attached to a wand. It looks really cool! 

So that's what I most looking for in 2020: magical spells also for the Harry Potter series. The most iconic set i can imagine is when Voldermort's and Harry's wands connect.  It could be the Hagrid's motorbike scene or the final battle. The magic effects already exist from the marvel series.

Seems that the tower of Astronomy is one of the most popular request, but i'm surprised no one mentioned the Morsmordre mark. I want that green floating skull! It's terrifying. It really makes you feel things go dark.

Characters I wish: Rita, Sprout (in a greenhouse set), Myrtle, Kreacher and Nicholas Flamel.

When we expect news for the releases? Somebody said late setember and we are still wondering lol