Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Full images of the polybag @MissRapunzel mentioned can be found on promobricks:  https://www.promobricks.de/lego-polybags-2021/113341/ I agree that scene would’ve made for a great smaller priced set with a bigger boat, pier, small town scene, more lanterns and Eugene. At least this polybag will the more casual fans an easier way to get the new Rapunzel and Pascal though. 

New Tiana and Moana shows are coming to Disney + in 2023! Even if we don’t get sets centred around those shows specifically like we did for the Tangled show, it seems like it be a good business opportunity to release sets based off the original movies around that time.

All the books bar Mulan’s (which is being replaced by the Nokk book) are continuing to be sold until at least June. $20 sets rarely last longer than a year on shelves so I think this is a good sign we might get more! If we’re lucky they might even be summer releases. :3

Also I noticed today the fact that Raya has three sets based of her movie means that 11/15 princesses/heroines this theme focuses on has at least three boxed sets where she is the main character. I know Cinderella, Ariel and Elsa get more but this is a nice statistic especially compared to my other favourite licensed theme DC is doing leading character wise at the moment. XP 

I definitely think we’ll get at least one set for tiana coming with the new Disney+ show. Even if it is just based on the original movie. In the announcement they mentioned that some episodes will focus on her ruling maldonia, so if we’re lucky we might see naveen pop up in one of the sets! Moana getting sets for the show is very likely as well.

They also touched on encanto quite a bit in the stream, and if Mariana (I think that’s her name) is intended to join the princess lineup I think it’s quite likely we will see some sets pop up for her as well! They even mentioned the long awaited enchanted sequel, and if it has animated parts in it, and Disney pushes the marketing for it with toys, could we potentially get sets based on Giselle? I would love that. Similar thing with Peter Pan and Wendy. At last, we also have an official logo for tlm live action, and I definitely see more Ariel sets in the future like they did with jasmine and Mulan.

So based on all this information, i think we can roughly guess some of the future years lineups. Encanto possibly near the end of this year, or in the winter of 2022. Presuming that tlm comes out in 2022, at least two sets for Ariel, possibly an atlantica remake and a kiss the girl set? I’d also like to mention that 2022 is  also brave’s 10th anniversary, so I think Merida will come back then. In the fall of 2022 something for tiana, in conjunction with th show and Moana in winter 2023. I definitely see more books popping up as well, and a new Snow White set I think is now more likely with Microdolls being used more frequently. So I think we could get at least dopey! And of course, we need Pocahontas asap. I hope this doesn’t feel too speculation-y.:grin:

Edited by Rambo260

On 12/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, Rambo260 said:

I definitely think we’ll get at least one set for tiana coming with the new Disney+ show. Even if it is just based on the original movie. In the announcement they mentioned that some episodes will focus on her ruling maldonia, so if we’re lucky we might see naveen pop up in one of the sets! Moana getting sets for the show is very likely as well.

They also touched on encanto quite a bit in the stream, and if Mariana (I think that’s her name) is intended to join the princess lineup I think it’s quite likely we will see some sets pop up for her as well! They even mentioned the long awaited enchanted sequel, and if it has animated parts in it, and Disney pushes the marketing for it with toys, could we potentially get sets based on Giselle? I would love that. Similar thing with Peter Pan and Wendy. At last, we also have an official logo for tlm live action, and I definitely see more Ariel sets in the future like they did with jasmine and Mulan.

So based on all this information, i think we can roughly guess some of the future years lineups. Encanto possibly near the end of this year, or in the winter of 2022. Presuming that tlm comes out in 2022, at least two sets for Ariel, possibly an atlantica remake and a kiss the girl set? I’d also like to mention that 2022 is  also brave’s 10th anniversary, so I think Merida will come back then. In the fall of 2022 something for tiana, in conjunction with th show and Moana in winter 2023. I definitely see more books popping up as well, and a new Snow White set I think is now more likely with Microdolls being used more frequently. So I think we could get at least dopey! And of course, we need Pocahontas asap. I hope this doesn’t feel too speculation-y.:grin:

So I messed up and said the tiana series is coming in 2022, it’s actually in 2023. So any sets will probably come then.

Edited by Rambo260

You mentioned a lot of potential sets @Rambo260! I hope we don’t have to wait two years for another Merida though. ;P It’s the 30th anniversary for Beauty and the Beast next year, maybe we’ll get another a summer set to celebrate? :3 We’re still waiting on Belle’s different outfits and having a Gaston (and Microdoll LouFou? :o) on shelves to tie in with The Beauty and The Beast prequel series seems like a good idea to me. 

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

You mentioned a lot of potential sets @Rambo260! I hope we don’t have to wait two years for another Merida though. ;P It’s the 30th anniversary for Beauty and the Beast next year, maybe we’ll get another a summer set to celebrate? :3 We’re still waiting on Belle’s different outfits and having a Gaston (and Microdoll LouFou? :o) on shelves to tie in with The Beauty and The Beast prequel series seems like a good idea to me. 

A belle’s house set is something I’ve wanted for a while, and tbh I’m kinda shocked we still haven’t gotten it. Belle is one of the most popular princesses yet she is severely underrepresented in the line. It could be about 40 dollars and a include a small house for belle, maybe a market stall and a fountain. Her blue outfit is featured in media quite a bit as well, so the fact that we still don’t have it is truly baffling. I would love Gaston as a minidoll! I think he would translate very well.