Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Trailer for Raya is out: 

Honestly not sure how to feel about this. The trailer looks pretty good but it's a far cry from the initial teaser posters and art Disney shared. Changed a must-see into a ''I'll probably wait for it to come to D+'' kind of movie. I hope the next trailer does a better job than this one :sceptic:

Wow that's completely different from what I was expecting. I wasn't a big fan of the whole wannabe ninja indiana jones opening. Not sure how I feel about it. I agree that it might be a wait 'for it on D+' thing for me too. The music was bugging me a bit too not that I was expecting the very lyrical melodic music as they usually have.  The trailer really changed the tone of this moving for me.. At least it's got a cute sidekick? 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Trailer for Raya is out: 

Honestly not sure how to feel about this. The trailer looks pretty good but it's a far cry from the initial teaser posters and art Disney shared. Changed a must-see into a ''I'll probably wait for it to come to D+'' kind of movie. I hope the next trailer does a better job than this one :sceptic:

As I understand it, there will be sets for it as well ?

11 hours ago, illian420 said:

Wow that's completely different from what I was expecting. I wasn't a big fan of the whole wannabe ninja indiana jones opening. Not sure how I feel about it.

Pretty different from what I was expecting too, but with the opposite reaction... :oh: ...sorry, but Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Uncharted tropes shoehorned into anything is a instance win in my book (even if it's cinematic Disney Princess entry), as I'm just a sucker for that kinda stuff... :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty different from what I was expecting too, but with the opposite reaction... :oh: ...sorry, but Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Uncharted tropes shoehorned into anything is a instance win in my book (even if it's cinematic Disney Princess entry), as I'm just a sucker for that kinda stuff... :shrug_oh_well:

I usually Am the type rooting for it... I guess I was expecting a bit more creativity for that moment haha.  I don't think it looks bad at all, just the whole trailer really threw me off since the articles I saw for it were comparing if she's the next disney princess..

11 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

As I understand it, there will be sets for it as well ?

Yes... I think they are hinted at being a palace, dragon, boat, and a polybag of something?

7 hours ago, illian420 said:

I don't think it looks bad at all, just the whole trailer really threw me off since the articles I saw for it were comparing if she's the next disney princess..

I'm pretty sure the character is intended to become a part of the Disney Princess pantheon, at least from a merchandising standpoint. :shrug_confused:

This website (https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2021.htm) which I believe got its information from BrickShop.eu listed the piece counts of the sets. I think it looks like both the Ariel’s boat and the carriage will be 4+ sets or at the very least use a lot of large specialized pieces like this year’s Rapunzel Tower. The Raya sets’ piece counts are a lot better though! Maybe we’re finally going to get some sets aimed at older girls in this theme. :grin:

On 23/7/2020 at 15:38, illian420 said:

Pensi che faranno un altro CMF Disney il prossimo anno? Avrebbe dato loro la possibilità di includere Madre Gothel e Filippo e le fate da includere in questi set.

Ma su questo sito parla di una barca di Rapunzel...che non era emersa prima...forse la scena sulla barchetta con le lanterne...

The other three pictures have been found: https://bouwsteentjes.info/lego-disney-winter-2021-sets/

Im kind of disappointed. The storybook set is a real let down and Olivia’s old hair is such a lazy choice for Elsa. Now both Queen Iduna and Li Shang are exclusive to the books. :/ Ariel’s boat will be great for kids, but I don’t see much of an appeal beyond her wedding dress and new face! The carriage is lovely and shockingly movie accurate! There’s Gus too! :grin_wub: I’d probably buy the set if it came with Bruno, Lucifer and better minidolls. Intrestingly the box has Cinderella in her classic strawberry blond, white dress look . I wonder if we’ll see that variant in the future? :-)

Thanks for sharing @Soupperson1

Bruni is cute but I don’t really care for those kinda sets, though I think its weird that we have him here but there’s still not a minidoll scaled one. The Elsa storybook is a letdown. I’m hoping it’s at least a different blue than Ariel’s book. Iduna is a cool inclusion, but adventure Elsa looks weird with the long skirt and the snow queen elsas hair is so bad. Olivias old hair just doesn’t work, it’s way to messy. Olaf is also such an unnecessary inclusion, almost any other character would have made more sense here. The builds look good though. The one think about this book is that imo it would have been better as a regular set, hoping we’ll get a minidoll version of it in the future. The Ariel set is cute, nothing much. The wedding dress  and new face print is really nice. But we still don’t have scuttle. The Cinderella set on the other hand is a surprise. Love Gus Gus, he’s adorable! And the new horses are also really cool, love the neck articulation. The fairy godmothers got a new face but still not a more accurate dress. Cinderella looks pretty bad here, but it’s ok since we have like 3000 versions of her. The carriage itself is very nice. I definitely think that the good sets this wave will be Raya’s lol.

22 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

Thanks for sharing @Soupperson1

Bruni is cute but I don’t really care for those kinda sets, though I think its weird that we have him here but there’s still not a minidoll scaled one. The Elsa storybook is a letdown. I’m hoping it’s at least a different blue than Ariel’s book. Iduna is a cool inclusion, but adventure Elsa looks weird with the long skirt and the snow queen elsas hair is so bad. Olivias old hair just doesn’t work, it’s way to messy. Olaf is also such an unnecessary inclusion, almost any other character would have made more sense here. The builds look good though. The one think about this book is that imo it would have been better as a regular set, hoping we’ll get a minidoll version of it in the future. The Ariel set is cute, nothing much. The wedding dress  and new face print is really nice. But we still don’t have scuttle. The Cinderella set on the other hand is a surprise. Love Gus Gus, he’s adorable! And the new horses are also really cool, love the neck articulation. The fairy godmothers got a new face but still not a more accurate dress. Cinderella looks pretty bad here, but it’s ok since we have like 3000 versions of her. The carriage itself is very nice. I definitely think that the good sets this wave will be Raya’s lol.

Would you say that the previous Story book "Anna and Elsa Storybook Adventures" is better than this one ? 

im interested to see what the raya's palace set will look like and if they included her sidekick companion tuk tuk in a set lt will likely be brick built for the large version or a new mould for they tiny version

i may be tempted to get the cinderella carriage set the set looks quite striking

43 minutes ago, Langxia said:

Would you say that the previous Story book "Anna and Elsa Storybook Adventures" is better than this one ? 

Objectively I would say they’re about the same value. Same amount of Microdolls and very similar sized builds. Heck, I’d say that this new one probably has a better value even, the nokk is a new piece and Idunas hair is a new color. In general the pieces look a bit more interesting as well. But it’s the fact that this new book could have been better, and really missed the mark on certain key elements of the set (elsas hair in its down state and the characters in general)

There’s slightly better images of the sets on Promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-disney-2021-neuheiten/112473/

My full thoughts:

Bruni definitely feels like he’s taking up a slot and I still can’t imagine too many people desiring him as character. :P I’m quite impressed with his execution though! He doesn’t look perfect, but I think he looks better than their Olaf. He has some really clever part usage and that’s something I don’t associate with Disney Princess designers. Also he seems to have four new prints! The small  pink opal (!) fire and marshmallows are a nice little add on that makes the set feel like it’s worth it’s price. I don’t think I’ll get him though, I’m trying to be frugal so I can spend that money on Friends! :P

Show Yourself clearly wasn’t designed to be translated into a play set, but I think the designers did the best job they could. The centre piece looks really good and the Opal pieces always look better in person too! I think it’s a bit weird one side of the book is the enchanted forest and the other is the cave. All Elsa does in the cave is see her mother and then almost freeze to death. :S Speaking of her mother - Why?! All of the characters who shouldn’t have been stickers, but now finally the one who should be isn’t. I just find this bizzare. I know they’ve released dolls of Elsa’s mother before but usually she came with younger versions of the girls. LEGO doesn’t have younger versions of them so they’ll be having adult Elsa play with her deceased mother. :S If they really wanted to release Elsa’s mother I don’t get why they couldn’t have waited a year or even a season to remake Arendale castle and include both parents and the girls as microdolls. Oh she also reuses Ariel’s face, I thought that was funny. :P The two Elsa dresses are kind of lazy. Both dresses are short yet they used last year’s ball gown to represent them. :S Honestly the new Friends skirt piece would fit better. The blue Elsa reuses the same head and hair from last year while the other brings back Olivia’s hair in cool yellow and has a new closed eyes happy face. I don’t think the white one looks like Elsa at all. :/ The Nokk feels like a waste of a new mould as I can’t imagine they’ll reuse it unless the Disney Princess theme expands the microdolls into the regular sets, which hopefully won’t happen just as the theme is getting good (still not great!). I really like the rock troll build! The one for Gale is lazy though, especially when the cylinder piece exists in transparent. At least she’s included though. :3 Olaf’s inclusion is unnecessary but I’m sure he was quite cheap and I don’t think he’s holding up another character’s slot when there’s 6 already. No Bruni is really disappointing when there’s the four other elemental spirits. I also think Anna, Yelena, Mathias, Ryder or Honeymaren would’ve been much better inclusions than Indua. 

The Ariel set seems out of place now that the theme is trying more with its colours. I think kids will quite like it though and you get three distinct and full looking play areas which is always nice. The kissing tile is so unnecessary, I wonder why they bothered including it? At least it’s kind of funny. XD I’m shocked we’re getting Ariel’s wedding dress! If we can get that we should be able to get basically every other dress worn by a Princess. The designers added teal and aqua highlights which I think is a good thing as otherwise it would’ve looked boring. A lot of fan artists have done the same too! Ariel has a new face too which might actually end up being good! :o Maybe I’m wrong the images are quite blurry. They have slightly tweaked Eric’s torso to add more dark blue detailing too. I think he might also have a new face, but I can’t really tell. I have no interest in getting the set itself, but I’ll definitely consider getting wedding Ariel and one of the versions of wedding Eric. :P When are we going to get Scuttle? He seems like such an obvious bird recolour! 

Whoever designed the Cinderella Carriage hates me. :( I feel really dumb for getting the 2017 one now! This one is so much more accurate and that one was already leagues more accurate than the last. This design isn’t quite perfect, but all the shortcomings are all really minor critiques. For instance the window as been transformed into a door. I imagine that won’t be too hard to modify and I don’t think any fans who aren’t picky will mind. The only think modification can’t do is put the C on the side and it’s a real shame there was no attempt at that. The wheels should also have been aqua or white. Frankly all the blue bits should’ve been aqua or white too, but I understand it has to be easy for kids to build and that involves sorting colours. The only other thing is there’s no curtains (which are even pink in the film) inside the carriage and the dome on top should be gold. :P Overall I’m very impressed in how they created the round shape and I really do like the design! That side build seems so pointless. :P I would’ve sacrificed the chest with shoes she can’t wear for a bit more substance! Gus! Yay! It’s about time! I don’t mind that he doesn’t have hat, because frankly I’m just happy to see him. It’s a shame there’s no recolour in red for Jac Jac though! Especially when both of their horse forms are included. Those horses look so film accurate I’m really impressed! Again after all these years! I like how they can bend their heads but, I don’t like how their tail and manes sit. I hope they don’t replace the old Friends horse for that reason but I’ll be surprised if they don’t. I wasn’t expecting them to reuse both Bruno and Lucifer, but I’m shocked we’re getting neither. The mini dolls really let this set down. A microdoll for the footman would’ve been fun, even if it would’ve been weird to get a human Bruno before Pocahontas, Phillip or Lady Tremane. :P The driver is Major and while the last set claimed it’s horse was Major, that didn’t make much sense when he had gold hair.  XP I keep forgetting to tell you the top of that Cinderella dress is inspired by the live action version. That doesn’t make any sense though when the rest of the set is trying to be extremely film accurate. I don’t get why they stopped giving Cinderella gloves, did kids really not like them? :S The fact they’re continuing to use the skinner dress is really weird too when the bigger dress is used by Ariel and Aurora of all characters. On the upside Disney redesigned the princesses again. Cinderella finally has strawberry blond hair and her natural hair shape! Her dress is also more white and silver than blue again! I hope we get that figure sooner than later. :) I don’t think any of the other princesses’ redesigns gave us bad figures but at least for the future when we get Pocahontas she won’t have boots now. The Fairy Godmother has a new older looking face - yay! But the rest of her figure is bizarrely coloured - boo. I don’t get why she’s purple. LEGO has so many shades of blue, they could easily have picked one. :P Oh and I think she could’ve had the thinner dress too!

On 11/23/2020 at 5:15 PM, Soupperson1 said:

There’s slightly better images of the sets on Promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-disney-2021-neuheiten/112473/

My full thoughts:

Bruni definitely feels like he’s taking up a slot and I still can’t imagine too many people desiring him as character. :P I’m quite impressed with his execution though! He doesn’t look perfect, but I think he looks better than their Olaf. He has some really clever part usage and that’s something I don’t associate with Disney Princess designers. Also he seems to have four new prints! The small  pink opal (!) fire and marshmallows are a nice little add on that makes the set feel like it’s worth it’s price. I don’t think I’ll get him though, I’m trying to be frugal so I can spend that money on Friends! :P

I agree with everything you said! I think the issue with Bruni as a brick built character is that his appeal in the movie is that he is small and cute.  Though well done, it feels like a miscalculation to include him as a large, stand alone brick built figure exclusively. to My daughter actually expressed excitement to see him in Lego form and what she meant was as a companion to her mini dolls and mini figs. 

The Raya palace leaked! What a nice surprise this was for me to wake up to. :D The build isn’t spectacular but it at least it looks quite good and the icing on the cake is it’s really unique. That giant dome really makes it a lovely centrepiece and it’s neat that they found a way to reuse those Trolls Hot Air Ballon pieces in a good looking way. The print on them is just gorgeous too! The throne being directly beneath the centrepiece gives such power to it. That must be the best throne design we’ve gotten in Disney Princess too! The colours for it are actually consistent, as are the colours for the whole set. I’m really impressed. Oh and all that teal! The fountain is a simple build but it looks really impressive. I also like the map of the dragon! It’s a shame Disney Princess is still keeping last year’s minidoll count, but at least both the ladies here look wonderful. Raya does indeed use nougat skin and the other woman might actually have medium nougat, interesting. This is our first minidoll set with two figures where there isn’t also a light nougat figure. I’m not quite sure what leg piece Raya has, but I doubt it’s a new mould as she already has two! Both her hair/hat combo and sword look magnificent. I also really love how her colours are FYO, dark tan, dark red and brown as she really stands out from the other ladies as a result. TukTuk also looks perfect and I’m amazed that gave her such a big new mould! The build for her saddle is also great. It’s really nice to get a female mini doll companion for Raya as for all of the princesses we’ve only got the Fairy godmother, Ariel’s sister and Rapunzel’s Cassandra from the TV show so far. The other woman’s hair really sells the figure and it would look great on Cara Dune! I’m not sure I like her outfit, but I’m sure it’s accurate and I appreciate how it’s at least unique. I’m glad she has two swords too, more power! Lastly that medium lavender Fox with the teal and dark blue background really makes me think of Elves. :3

Ok, this is an amazing set. First of all, these colors. From the set to the box art, they’re all stunning and consistent. The palace is beautiful, not only is this architecture unique, but it also ha such a unique shape. It’s almost like a plaza. The fountain also looks amazing. The characters top it all off. Raya looks great, sword and all. Tuk tuk also looks nice. The new characters also look good. So happy to finally get new people in this line, the last non microdoll new character was Matthias. I wish all princesses got this level of attention, imagine a Jasmine palace in the vein of this set. Overall very impressed

Edited by Rambo260

yeah i agree with you Rambo260 i have seen the leaked images of the raya palace set and wow what a fantastic set it really has surpassed my expectations

i know i will hate myself if i dont pick it up makes me wonder what the dragon will look like

The Raya set looks great.  I will probably mod it and use it for a elven throne room.  The colors and pieces used are fantastic.  That new sword looks great too.  There are so many sets I need to get this year lots of great sets coming out.  

New Tangled Boat Polybag leaked. Image isn't great but it kinda looks neat. Wish we would get an actual set based on that scene tho.

Now that Anastasia is on Disney+, I wonder if might get Anastasia set (I know it wouldn't be under the "Disney Princesses" brand but still...)

What's New On Disney+ In Canada | Anastasia & Alexander and the Terrible,  Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day | What's On Disney Plus