Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Do you think they'll do another Disney CMF next year? It would give them the chance to do Mother Gothel and Philip and the fairies to include with these sets.

32 minutes ago, illian420 said:

Do you think they'll do another Disney CMF next year? It would give them the chance to do Mother Gothel and Philip and the fairies to include with these sets.

while I do think that we will get another Disney cmf soon (and probably even more after that) I highly doubt they’ll include these characters. Especially the fairies. If Rapunzel appears soon she’ll probably be paired up with Eugene and we already have Maleficient to go with Aurora if we get her. Unfortunately it seems we will not get them anytime soon since we don’t have them in these sets. 

I would love to see the fairies included. If they can take up 3 slots with Scrooge's nephews, they can do 3 slots for the fairies.

2 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I would love to see the fairies included. If they can take up 3 slots with Scrooge's nephews, they can do 3 slots for the fairies.

That's why I was thinking they could do the fairies in a cmf. This set without the fairies is just kind of sad. 

I really love the cottage build! I mean for a 5+ it looks outstanding. All the bright colours go together really well. I especially love the pink and blue colored leaves! That’s simple but really effective, not to mention eye catching. I can’t way to see the inside of the cottage, I’m hoping for at least a cake. As others have pointed out there’s some nice references to the film within the build like the smoke coming from the chimney. The little side build of the bridge is equally lovely, I’m kind of amazed it’s in a 5+ set. I’m just really sad that this set doesn’t come with anything figure wise I hoped it would. There’s no Briar Rose dress, Phillip, Samson or any of the fairies. I have no idea how they’re going to release these now. It seems like we’re going to have to wait years, until this set is remade. I guess the hint at Aurora’s dress changing blue is nice, but it’s really frustrating that this is our fifth mini doll Aurora and she’s still in the pink dress. Practically ever other toy company that has had the Disney Princess brand from 2014 (same year LEGO started making sets) has sold the princesses in different dresses. I have no idea why LEGO is so reluctant. With the exception of Anna, Ariel and Elsa all we get is variants based on their most iconic dress. XP Maleficent looks much better than her last version, the black around her head is practically impressive. Two Maleficents over the course of two years seems like too much though, considering how few mini dolls get made in this theme. This does suggest they’re willing to do villains in the future and I suspect Hans will be next. Animal wise it is really nice to finally get one of Aurora’s bird (even if it’s already been in two sets), her rabbit which is finally in its correct colour and Maleficent’s crow. I don’t think the Friends crow and rabbit suits those characters well, but we have to make do with what we have. XD What’s most confusing is they gave Aurora a fawn. I don’t believe there is a fawn in Sleeping Beauty? This is a new print (see the spots and brown eyes) which means it wasn’t that cheap of an inclusion either. I just feel like the inclusion of that undercuts Snow White. :P I bet it and the grey rabbit will make their way into Friends sets though! 

Rapunzel’s tower looks excellent. The build for the roof and the secret entrance at the bottom are particularly well done. There might be too much of a reliance on large stickered panels, but getting a round look and keeping it brick built would’ve probably been difficult at this scale and bump up the piece count.  They are really nice stickers though and much better than the last one. As with the cottage, I can’t wait to see the inside. The side builds of the swing is neat and like the last one has the suggestion that she’s using her hair via the cool yellow brick. The Snuggly Duckling build isn’t great to me. It looks like they had parts left over and quickly drafted something up. There might be a hidden function inside but I think the outside is under whelming and I’d have zero idea it was the Snuggly Duckling if the sign wasn’t too the side. I believe this is our first LEGO pub so there’s that. XD Rapunzel looks fantastic! The barefoot look looks even better than I thought it would. Flynn also looks really good, even if I don’t think the Hans Solo hair works it was a nice idea. I really don’t like that Pascal mould, but they managed to make it better than last time with the printing. No Gothel is beyond disappointing especially when there’s a villain in the same wave. They should’ve switched the prince and villain. XP I feel like they could’ve had two larger Tangled sets, this one and one $30-40ish with the kingdom and boat ride. I don’t see a point in getting that second set now that Flynn is here. Honestly if they included Maximus this would’ve been a pretty complete Tangled sets for kids. 

While I like both of these sets, I don’t think I’m going to pick either of them up until they’re significantly discounted. I already have the last Aurora/Maleficent set and old Rapunzel’s Tower. These both are leagues better than those two sets, but do I really need two? :P I would’ve easily bought them full price if they came with new mini doll characters, but they don’t. :( Aurora probably has the least exciting of all animal sidekicks as apart from the Owl (who we already have) they don’t do much, or have names. So they don’t help that much either. :P I can’t wait to see what’s in store for next year and at the very least this suggests we’re going to continue to get princes and villains. :) 

Edited by Soupperson1
Detail! XD

Oh my gosh that Rapunzel tower is gorgeous! Yes! I want it! I didn’t get the last one but this is so much better and I can’t wait! 

Meh on Aurora’s cottage. The new Maleficient design with her raven is cute but not worth getting it for. (Plus I’m just not that attached to Sleeping Beauty in general.) I’ll pass, unless it’s generously priced.

Do we have release dates?

Wait, hang on. I just took another look at the picture and suddenly noticed what @Soupperson1 meant about the hint of the dress changing colour; the bottom of Aurora’s dress is blue as though the change is in progress.

Except that this is a print. It’s going to be stuck like that.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Seriously. Which bright spark came up with that idea?

I want to like those sets, but just like the Frozen II sets, those prices really are inflated.

The cottage does give me an Elves theme vibe, as did the Frozen II Treehouse.

Edited by TeriXeri

https://www.hothbricks.com/new-lego-disney-princess-41387-rapunzel-41388-aurora/

Some pics of the back of the box here. You can see an up close of the dress. It reminds me of when the fairies hit it at the same time and was splashed both colors, but she never wore it that way.

That tower is so narrow. Looks awesome from the front. The cottage doesn't offer much inside. There's a nice tile with a picture of the three fairies inside.

I don't get that Aurora dress :sad:

Also Maleficent being there with Aurora? .... The only time they met was at the tower

Is this a reference to the 2014 movie Maleficent?

It's weird to see them make a new mould for Rapunzel's Lizard. The Series 19 mould would've fit it perfectly, maybe even better than this mould...

22 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh my gosh that Rapunzel tower is gorgeous! Yes! I want it! I didn’t get the last one but this is so much better and I can’t wait! 

Meh on Aurora’s cottage. The new Maleficient design with her raven is cute but not worth getting it for. (Plus I’m just not that attached to Sleeping Beauty in general.) I’ll pass, unless it’s generously priced.

Do we have release dates?

They’ll both release September 1st (at least in Europe), the tower for €60 and cottage for €40 as per Hothbricks.

19 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Wait, hang on. I just took another look at the picture and suddenly noticed what @Soupperson1 meant about the hint of the dress changing colour; the bottom of Aurora’s dress is blue as though the change is in progress.

Except that this is a print. It’s going to be stuck like that.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Seriously. Which bright spark came up with that idea?

I was thinking that they might not be doing variants on Aurora’s dress as there tends to be only one set on store shelves at a time.  This could mean LEGO might want Aurora to be sold in her default look at all times. I don’t think this really counts as the default look though. The bottom half is nice for a photograph, but it’s not that great for display and certainly not great for kids. :/ The best thing about this dress piece is the fact that it shows the blue dress is on LEGO’s radar. 

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Maleficent being there with Aurora? .... The only time they met was at the tower

Is this a reference to the 2014 movie Maleficent?

A lot of Disney Princess sets have creative liberties. :P 

9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It's weird to see them make a new mould for Rapunzel's Lizard. The Series 19 mould would've fit it perfectly, maybe even better than this mould...

It’s not a new mould, it’s from Tangled: The Animated Series 2018 sets. 

Oh and the high res photos have revealed that Rapunzel has a new face print. She has medium nougat eyebrows and a grinning expression, which seems like a really weird choice for a default look. It was weird to me that Cinderella had lighter brows than everyone for the first two years. At least now Belle, Aurora and Rapunzel also have coloured ones. I wonder if they’ll continue this trend for Ariel, Pocahontas, Merida, Anna and Elsa who all also have colored eye brows. 

Lastly the new Maleficent has the same eyes as the princesses. Why? XP I really don’t like the inconsistency in these eye prints. Now none of the boys have them bar Beast (as he reuses Micro Beast’s head) and other than him Maleficent is the only other character. This will just make her look needlessly weird next to Ursula. XP It should be interesting to see what happens next year. Maybe all secondary females will get this new eye look? XP 

Molto delusa dai due set... specialmente quello di Aurora..almeno una fata o il principe dovevano includerlo, e malefica non serviva proprio...

Per Rapunzel molto bella la torre e il nuovo Eugene, ma Rapunzel proprio non mi piace e anche qui potevano includere madre gothel...delusa davvero

Looking at these better photos I’m not really surprised but I’m not mad at the sets. The interiors are pretty much what I expected. Beds and tables. They’re putting them in basically every set now. I wish they started doing more different furniture. More stuff like rapunzels painting. I’m shocked that The cottage doesn’t have a cake, but I guess there was one in the carriage set. Rapunzels tower looks very thin though, and the rooms are all extremely small. But I’m ok with sacrificing a little room for a more movie accurate build. However I wish we had a stove to go with the tower or even a bookcase, since cooking and reading are some of Rapunzels hobbys from when will my life begin. I think the dolls look all nice, with the exception of Aurora. The blue print just looks lazy, like Cinderella’s pink skirt piece from that 2017 set. I truly don’t understand why they didn’t go for a complete blue dress. They still have the pink dress on the market. Maleficient does look good though, much better prints on her this time. I think Eugene and Rapunzel look very nice as well. The shorter dress piece looks nice on Raps and while I’m not so sure about that face I’m glad we have it either way just for variety. Also, is it to early to speculate about next years sets? usually leaked lists come out around this time.

2k1xhrz1uuc51.png?auto=webp&s=426e965cd5

Raya and the Last Dragon has been pushed back to March 2021, but seeing as the LEGO sets are designed so far in advance I wonder if we'll get any in a December/January wave. Definitely a cool figure I'd want adding to the lineup (though please can we also have Pocahontas and updated Merida & Snow White now).

On 8/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, kirkwoodproductions said:

pRaya and the Last Dragon has been pushed back to March 2021, but seeing as the LEGO sets are designed so far in advance I wonder if we'll get any in a December/January wave. Definitely a cool figure I'd want adding to the lineup (though please can we also have Pocahontas and updated Merida & Snow White now).

I assumed Raya sets would’ve come out in October like the Frozen 2 sets did and it’s unlikely that was ever the plan as set numbers never leaked. However it’s true sets could’ve easily have released after the movie like how the Moana ones were intended, until they were pushed up. Let’s indeed hope we get sets based on the film next year! 

I had been on the fence about getting Arendelle Castle Village, today I found it at Walmart 50% off and couldn't resist! So keep an eye out if you're looking for a discount. 

So we finally have a leaked list for the 2021 sets, they seem interesting...

these are all in pounds so keep in mind the pricing.

January 1st wave:  43186 Bruni buildable character 11.99, 43189 Elsa and the Nokk storybook adventures 17.99, 43191 Ariel’s celebration boat 24.99, 43192 Cinderella’s royal carriage 39.99

March 1st wave: 43181 Raya’s palace 74.99, 43184 Raya’s dragon 27.99, 43185 Raya’s boat 44.99

I’m very excited about these Raya sets, I thought we were gonna get two at most. But three sets for her is great. Can’t wait to see the palace. Something along the lines of the Chinese New Year sets maybe? And its always nice to have more diverse styles of architecture in the line. The dragon should also look very cool. Something like the elves ones in style probably. But I’m not crazy about this January wave. I mean it’s literally the three princesses we have gotten the most sets of. The Elsa book could be cute, but I would have wanted a minidoll of the white dress before a micro doll one. The ariel boat is a bizarre inclusion, but if we get a scuttle and new dress for Ariel it would be a welcome addition. The Cinderella carriage is probably like the 2017 one, but hopefully with Lady Tremaine instead of the Fairy godmother. Still holding out hope for Pocahontas in the summer?

Same bland old princesses in January, pass.

But I’m definitely interested in the Raya and the Last Dragon sets. I hope they put the same amount of effort into these as they do the Frozen sets, as opposed to the effort they put into . . well . . every other Princess. But I’ll never be opposed to a new dragon for my dragon shelf, and hopefully the Palace will have some fun designs or at least good playability. (Can’t imagine a bog-standard princess boat being worth my money, mind, so unless it has exclusive figures or some really interesting design work, probably pass,)

I know it isn't Disney Princess but I'm still waiting for A Lilo & Stitch House and/or Spaceship.

OY! with Ariel and Cinderella again...and again and again and again.  They must be continually the best sellers but I wish they would just keep the boat or the carriage evergreen instead of remaking them all of the time.  I have a theory they sell so well because they are an uncle panic gift!  It just feels like that creative energy could be channeled elsewhere to more interesting princess vignettes. 

Ariel I can understand, but Cinderella again? Each year goes by and still no Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, or Drizella, so until we get them I'll be irked at Cinderella sets over others like Snow White or Tiana. 

I find this list more confusing than anything considering that Disney Princess has just become one of the top six selling themes.

• No $10 sets - The Aurora and Moana $10 sets both seem to be very popular. They continue to be in the top 100 best selling building toys on Amazon in several different countries. They’re great introductions into the theme and I think they really helped boost the theme’s success. It’s really weird that they’re not continuing with them. It’s a simple concept - vehicle, tiny side build, nice pieces, mini doll and animal sidekick. While Moana’s set was based off a scene from the movie whole Aurora’s was a completely original creation which means they could’ve gone anywhere with this concept. :/
  • Bruni - This just seems like it’s not going to sell well. The Olaf set was popular because he’s one of the main characters of both Frozen films and the set came out just before Frozen 2. Him being white also meant little recolours were needed. Bruni on the other hand is a much smaller character and is closest to medium blue in hue, so he’s going to need a lot of recolored pieces. 
  • Storybook: Elsa and the Nokk - My initial reaction was “Wut. Why?” but I think there’s some interesting conversations to come from this. :P Like the €10 sets the storybooks seem to be selling extremely well and also are constantly in the top 100 best selling building toys on Amazon in various countries. The other day they were the third top selling building toy and eight top selling building toy overall. I think the fact there’s only one additional one for next year suggests their success might’ve came as a surprise to LEGO. There was no series 1 label on the box and Jasmine’s and Rapunzel’s hairs are too long for a microdoll body. I doubt they would’ve made the latter mistake if they always intended to have all the princesses get one. So perhaps they designed another Frozen 2 one very early in the year after the initial success of these. They could’ve even designed more, but the pandemic might’ve prevented multiple speedy developments of sets. I do think it’s a shame that this isn’t based off the first Frozen though. Now a complete set of this line will have multiple books based on the same film, which will just look strange. :P I am probably going to get this set, just because I want to support the storybooks. I’m also very intrigued on what they’ll include. Will the Nokk be the Friends pony mold just in transparent blue? Will a Bruni or perhaps Sven, Gale or Rock Giant be included? Who the micro dolls will be? While I wouldn’t put it past them to include the three F2 variants of Elsa not in microdoll form, I’m hoping other characters could be included. Queen Anna or Anna and Kristoff in their default F2 outfits don’t seem unlikely. I’d much prefer the Snow Queen Elsa with Honeymaren, Yelena and/or Ryder though. This would be a good way to create a new mould for Elsa’s hair in its down state and Honeymaren’s hat/braid combo. 
  • Ariel’s Boat - More Ariel doesn’t really bother me. She’s clearly a big seller and we still have plenty of characters left to get - Triton, her other sisters, Vanessa and Scuttle all don’t seem out of the realm of possibility. A $30 boat set is quite disappointing character wise. It means two minidolls max. :( If it’s based off the wedding boat they surly this is an awkward sized down 4+ set? If it’s based off Kiss The Girl then it’s poorly named. :P I’m doubtful I’m going to get it either way but I’m hoping it at least comes with Scuttle so I can bricklink him. :P 
  • Cinderella Carraige - I really don’t think more Cinderella is a bad thing either as they’ve done such a poor job with her supporting cast. We don’t have a single named mouse (as they continue just to use tan/dark orange hamsters to represent them), blue bird, Major and the Fairy Godmother was completely miscoloured and was given a teenage face. :/ I don’t think Lady Tremane, Anastasia and Drisella are impossible now either that Maleficent has appeared in a 2020 set. It should be noted this is our fifth system scale Cinderella’s Carriage set though so hopefully they’ve learned from past mistakes, both build and character wise. I didn’t think 41146 was that bad of a carriage, but it wasn’t necessarily amazing either. I wonder if like that set, this too will have the Chateau? I mean it’s either that or a section of the castle, basing on the price. :P The Chateau from that old set could definitely use a redo.  The movie offers so much for an interior and they did the absolute bare minimum. I wonder if Cinderella will finally be in her rags? Probably not, but the prospect is more likely after we got spare torsos in the Clothes Shop. :P The Disney Princess theme has only had two sets with more than one character so unfortunately it seems like we’re not going to get a new character, but at least we should get a blue Fairy Godmother.
  • No Pocahontas - It’s a real shame that we got a new princess every year up til 2020. If they just made a Pocahontas set this year then they’d have the trend continued up til 2021 thanks to Raya. :/
  • No Merida/Snow White/Tiana - I find them not appearing almost as sad as Pocahontas’ lack of appearance. Merida really needs a better face and it be nice to at least get Angus too. Snow White and Tiana never got their own sets in this theme either, Snow White was in Juniors and Tiana was a side build in a group set. Snow White also needs the updated eyes and I really think Tiana deserves a new hair mould and the wider ball gown.
  • Raya - €80, €50 and €30 sets for a new character is an awful lot! I was originally kind of annoyed that the new girl is getting so much devoted to her, but it’s not Raya’s fault that the designers are constantly ignoring four of the existing princesses. :P Besides if Raya flops this might be her only chance to get sets. These are set in Western Asia so the builds should be unique if they’re trying to be culturally accurate. :P I’m really excited and I hope they’re not 4/5+. I also hope the sets come with at least all three female protagonists. I wonder if Raya will have nougat skin? I’m hoping she will and it be nice to have a minidoll in that colour with Emma’s/Mulan’s shaped eyes.