Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Its been a while since I saw the movie but I dont remember Cogsworth having a wind up key. And he is missing his pendulum as well.

Ragazze dove avete visto il nuovo set è possibile avere delle foto ?comunque io spero sempre in un set di Pocahontas per l'estate e la casa dei sette nani

I actually really like that set. The castle looks a bit more finished and complete than the last one did.

I might buy it if it goes on sale.

I think the outside looks great, but they don't show the backside. Wardrobe must fit in one tower bottom with the hair and mirror on the other tower bottom. The rose ledge above one. The table on the other side of the door. It's pretty expensive for just that.

Even though it's smaller, I think its design looks nicer than the original castle build on the outside. These doors look really nice. The beige 6 window pieces from the other castle would complement the single beige window piece on this set if you can ignore the mixing of seasons. This one being winter and the other being Spring. 

I'm tempted to get it. I do already have the Belle Jr set #10762 for a future gift to my kids which works with the build and swap. I prefer the cogsworth in that set, but I understand trying to match the size. I like Wardrobe from the bigger castle. Lumiere looks perfect though. This is a nice complement to the new small Cinderella castle celebration.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Its been a while since I saw the movie but I dont remember Cogsworth having a wind up key. And he is missing his pendulum as well.

There's a tiny wind up not a key. For cogsworth being smaller, the key adds some cuteness.

17 Little But Mind-Blowing Details You Missed In "Beauty And The ...

Brickset lists both 43187 Rapunzel’s Tower (which should be around €60) and 43188 Aurora’s Forest Cottage (which should be around €40). I really hope Mother Gothel and the cmf chameleon done as Pascal comes in 43187. It be nice to get Aurora in her Briar Rose or blue dress in her cottage along with Phillip and at least one more fairy. :3 I’m quite excited to see these!

19 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Brickset lists both 43187 Rapunzel’s Tower (which should be around €60) and 43188 Aurora’s Forest Cottage (which should be around €40). I really hope Mother Gothel and the cmf chameleon done as Pascal comes in 43187. It be nice to get Aurora in her Briar Rose or blue dress in her cottage along with Phillip and at least one more fairy. :3 I’m quite excited to see these!

So looking forward to a new Rapunzel tower- missed the original one, and Tangled has always been my favourite. Don't know whether I'd prefer Gothel to add another villain, or an updated Flynn. Maybe we'll be lucky and get 3 minidolls in a €60 set.

Another Sleeping Beauty set is slightly disappointing, but I'm at least hoping we can get Flora and Fauna to complete the fairy lineup.

Sigh. Guess we're still waiting for Pocahontas (and an updated Merida, updated Snow White, and a Tiana using the wider ball gown)

Looking forward to these two. So happy I held off on buying the old tower. This one costs twenty dollars more, and that one was already pretty tall so this one should be massive. I would personally like Flynn/Eugene more than Gothel but I will accept both. I do think he’s more likely since they haven’t done more villains sets. Hopefully we get an updated pascal as well. And I would also like a new hairpiece for Rapunzel. Even though I know they can’t do a super long one because she has to sit.

Im actually pretty excited for the Sleeping Beauty set. Sure I would have preferred Poca or an updated princess but I think this one could be good. This costs just like the 2018 castle so it should be a pretty good build. I’m going to be very disappointed if Aurora is in the pink dress again. I would love her briar rose. Pretty sure we’ll get another fairy and another minidoll. It should be Philip for the scene which we have been missing for a while. Hopefully we don’t get another Maleficient. We’re also probably gonna get some forest critters and the owl from the carriage set.

7 hours ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Another Sleeping Beauty set is slightly disappointing, but I'm at least hoping we can get Flora and Fauna to complete the fairy lineup.

Sigh. Guess we're still waiting for Pocahontas (and an updated Merida, updated Snow White, and a Tiana using the wider ball gown)

At least that’s only one princess and two faces that we’re missing? Those four and Jasmine are the only ones not to appear in sets this year if we count the micro dolls. Hopefully that means they’re more likely to appear in a set next year? I guess we’ve been saying that forever though. 

The fact we’re missing so many characters from each of the movies makes it easier to accept new sets based on the more popular princesses. There’s plenty that could appear in that Aurora set and I hope they don’t disappoint! I really hope it’s not like the €30 Mulan and Cinderella sets where it’s a new animal print (which were both to make up for the old ones being bad) and a new dress. The builds in those sets weren’t worth the price either. XP The Moana one is better but I still think it’s over priced and could’ve come with another minidoll, perhaps of one of her parents. 

6 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

Looking forward to these two. So happy I held off on buying the old tower. This one costs twenty dollars more, and that one was already pretty tall so this one should be massive. I would personally like Flynn/Eugene more than Gothel but I will accept both. I do think he’s more likely since they haven’t done more villains sets. Hopefully we get an updated pascal as well. And I would also like a new hairpiece for Rapunzel. Even though I know they can’t do a super long one because she has to sit.

Im actually pretty excited for the Sleeping Beauty set. Sure I would have preferred Poca or an updated princess but I think this one could be good. This costs just like the 2018 castle so it should be a pretty good build. I’m going to be very disappointed if Aurora is in the pink dress again. I would love her briar rose. Pretty sure we’ll get another fairy and another minidoll. It should be Philip for the scene which we have been missing for a while. Hopefully we don’t get another Maleficient. We’re also probably gonna get some forest critters and the owl from the carriage set.

Another retailer listed the tower for €70 so either way it’s going to be big! I keep forgetting the last set that had Eugene was discontinued over four years ago. Yeah that’s not great for people like me who already have him and want Gothel instead. XP I assumed they didn’t do more villains in sets because the first two didn’t sell well, but Aurora’s must’ve if they gave her three sets after that one. They really limit the amount of mini dolls that can come in a set so I don’t think there’s been anywhere where a villain could’ve shown up. I guess Hans could’ve appeared in Elsa’s Ice Castle, but that was a release before Disney Princess started doing thee mini dolls in a set. I do think the new hairpiece for Rapunzel is likely! Especially if this turns out not to be a retail exclusive. The she needs to sit down with the hair argument made sense when the set first came out but ever since 2016 when they introduced Belle’s dress that can’t bend it doesn’t. Rapunzel’s hair is also too long for a micro doll so if they’re continuing with those she’ll need a new one. My theory is the set is so expensive as they’re introducing a set of moulds - one for the top of her hair and another that you can add onto it to make it longer. That would suggest why the set is so expensive if it featured two new moulds including a really long one or a lot of one of them if it’s in segments. 

I’m scared we’re going to get Maleficent now that you brought her up. :P I really hope it’s Phillip! They need to start giving us more princes. :3 

I don't understand, Snow White, the first of the princesses why haven't got more sets, only one?

Another site has listed 43187 and 43188 as September releases. I’m guessing they’re not retail exclusives after all. Let’s hope there is a summer retail exclusive with one of the missing set numbers then! 

32 minutes ago, Anak said:

I don't understand, Snow White, the first of the princesses why haven't got more sets, only one?

Her first set must’ve sold poorly. They’ll hopefully give her another shot next year though. :3

I just found this minidoll on bricklink. She comes with the secrets of the magical castle Disney Princess book from this year. Am I the only one who didn’t notice this book? The figure itself does look pretty cool though. Everything on her is a new piece. 

191296FB-2C3D-4E4B-BACB-D244995C574B.jpeg

Edited by Rambo260

21 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I just found this minidoll on bricklink. She comes with the secrets of the magical castle Disney Princess book from this year. Am I the only one who didn’t notice this book? The figure itself does look pretty cool though. Everything on her is a new piece. 

191296FB-2C3D-4E4B-BACB-D244995C574B.jpeg

So we can get that but we still can't get a Pocahontas?!?!

But seriously, that's a nice figure. Especially like that torso.

23 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

Oh my! Thanks so much for sharing! Imma have to get this book now she looks spectacular a new nougat figure! 

23 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I didn't realize this came with a minifigure. I ordered it for my daughter. It doesn't list a minifigure.. just 'secrets for readers to discover.'

8 minutes ago, illian420 said:

I didn't realize this came with a minifigure. I ordered it for my daughter. It doesn't list a minifigure.. just 'secrets for readers to discover.'

I’m confused about that honestly. The figure is not talked about in any of the descriptions of the book. Maybe they have added it to a new batch? I’m really curious about this because I want to get my hands on this minidoll, I think her face could be a good one for honeymaren.

I just noticed the 2 new sets and comments. So excited for the cottage. She's my favorite since I was really little. I'm curious about how they'll redo the tower too. I am hoping the let down of the Aurora carriage was to give us Aurora in her pink dress. I really really hope there's a Prince Philip... but what if there's no horse in the carriage set because Philip has his horse, Samson, in this set! I'm trying not to hope, but seriously how can you have a carriage with no horse.  It would be neat if this is similar to Cinderella's cottagey house (41146) that gave her two outfits. Maybe we could get the blue dress and her peasant outfit. I'm dreaming and should not hope too high... 

If Aurora's cottage is around 40, then perhaps we can expect something around the size of 41146 Cinderella's Enchanted Evening, as you say, @illian420; although I saw a lower price point on Instagram, and wondered at the time if we mightn't be getting something more along the lines of 10738 Snow White's Forest Cottage - which, incidentally, I think is a sweet little vignette (but we need the Evil Queen - in both her guises!).  And I'm expecting an outfit swap too: the dress the fairy godmothers make.  I think the house part of the Cinderella set is fairly underwhelming, but if the bricks that go into the carriage in that set go towards the cottage in the Aurora set, we might get something better.  Personally, I'd like something nearer 41174 The Starlight Inn - possible for 40 I think.  I think the upcoming Belle set is quite elegant - better than the first B&B castle, in my opinion - so hopefully that's a sign the design has stepped up.  I agree that the Aurora carriage was a strange set.  What was the point of that vehicle?  Not story related, not functional!  I'm continually puzzled why such a big brand receives some flimsy efforts from Lego.

9 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I’m confused about that honestly. The figure is not talked about in any of the descriptions of the book. Maybe they have added it to a new batch? I’m really curious about this because I want to get my hands on this minidoll, I think her face could be a good one for honeymaren.

On BrickLink it says it comes with the polish version of the book but it would be weird if it wasn’t included in the English version!

Edited by DragonElves

I am actually quite disappointed with the new Belle's castle, I hope we get a good Aurora's Cottage at least. 

That mini figure looks very cool but does her hairpiece match Pocahontas' standards?

4 hours ago, AdriWho said:

I am actually quite disappointed with the new Belle's castle, I hope we get a good Aurora's Cottage at least. 

That mini figure looks very cool but does her hairpiece match Pocahontas' standards?

Belle's castle is a 4+ set. Hopefully the upcoming Aurora and Rapunzel sets are regular sets, so more in the vain of the Frozen II castle and treehouse, or the larger Moana and Mulan sets this January.

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/ariel-s-undersea-castle-10922  

Oh its on legoshop. my bad, but maybe newly listed.  its not listed on jedijac which i follow.

Legoshop also shows a new Cars duplo called Lightning McQueen's Race Day

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/lightning-mcqueen-s-race-day-10924

https://www.mediatoy.it/p_3788_43188+disney+la+casetta+nel+bosco+di+aurora+new+09-2020.html

No picture yet, but the cottage is listed as a 5+ at 39.99 E. Cinderella's latest celebration is listed at 29.99 E. 

Edited by illian420

On 5/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, kirkwoodproductions said:

Belle's castle is a 4+ set. Hopefully the upcoming Aurora and Rapunzel sets are regular sets, so more in the vain of the Frozen II castle and treehouse, or the larger Moana and Mulan sets this January.

One retailer listed Rapunzel’s Tower as a 4+ set but hopefully that was a placeholder. I can’t imagine they’d release three over €30 4+ sets in a year. Especially when the two largest sets are 4+. 

3 hours ago, illian420 said:

https://www.mediatoy.it/p_3788_43188+disney+la+casetta+nel+bosco+di+aurora+new+09-2020.html

No picture yet, but the cottage is listed as a 5+ at 39.99 E. Cinderella's latest celebration is listed at 29.99 E. 

Ah I think that confirms the cottage is €40 and 5+! :D I’ve seen different retailers list it at anywhere between €30-€40 and then there was that Instagram kid who said it was €15. €40 should basically guarantee two mini-dolls though! Oh I just want a Phillip so bad. :grin_wub: I wonder what hairpiece he’ll get? I think the CMF series 18 party boy’s in dark brown would work quite well.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:48 AM, Tommy Thunder said:

I'm continually puzzled why such a big brand receives some flimsy efforts from Lego.

Well this is definitely the least popular of the long running licensed themes when it comes to AFOLs (look at the amount of pages here compared to the rest or brickset collections). Also other Disney Princess toys receive similar efforts. I’m not saying it’s okay, I’d  love for them to expand this theme and make sets for older kids too. :)