Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So Lego Ideas approved the medieval blacksmith and the Winnie the Pooh. I assume the rest got nixed and no more will be chosen? So no Snow White cottage.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, illian420 said:

So Lego Ideas approved the medieval blacksmith and the Winnie the Pooh. I assume the rest got nixed and no more will be chosen? So no Snow White cottage.

Yep, the Dwarves' Cottage was rejected sadly... :sceptic: ...but you know, given the significance Disney's Snow White has as cinema's first-ever feature length animated feature, I'd hope that the project could still have a chance as a future D2C in the same manner that the UCS Helicarrier, the Ghostbusters HQ, JW's T-Rex Rampage, and the upcoming Creator Expert Fiat 500 (just to name a few) were all revisited after the rejection of their LEGO Ideas submission counterparts. :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

so is there any hint of what the new beauty and the beast set will look like and yaay im so excited for a winnie the pooh set

I hope they ditch the ghastly lavender and dark red color scheme. I would have loved tan/gold/dark red but that purple just wrecks it for me.

id also love to see a different dress for Belle. Holiday, pink dress and cloak, blue village dress, anything different than the yellow.

20 hours ago, MandyNeko said:

I hope they ditch the ghastly lavender and dark red color scheme. I would have loved tan/gold/dark red but that purple just wrecks it for me.

id also love to see a different dress for Belle. Holiday, pink dress and cloak, blue village dress, anything different than the yellow.

Since it's listed as the Winter one, they ought to have her in the maroon/pink outfit maybe with a cape. I hope they don't go with the overdone yellow. The info for the new sets has been removed from that spanish site.

And here's a look at the Princess Lego magazine, plus a bed build in the next issue. I still can't find this being sold in english. Shameful on that, my kids would love it. Princess part starts at about 10:56:

On 2/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, illian420 said:

Since it's listed as the Winter one, they ought to have her in the maroon/pink outfit maybe with a cape. I hope they don't go with the overdone yellow. The info for the new sets has been removed from that spanish site.

I didn’t realize Spanish site said the set was wintered themed! That’s exciting we’re bound to get that magenta winter dress now! At least this will add something new to the concept of a Beauty and The Beast set. It might link the set better to Frozen ones too, which kids seem to prefer. :P

Speaking Of Frozen, at Toy Fair there was a Hasbro Playset with tents and some scenery of the the enchanted forest. This could be a fun way to have a set with Yelena, Honeymarren and/or Ryder! There was also a small Playset based on the Show Yourself scene, which I didn’t think would work as a LEGO set before but now I think they might be able to pull it off! 

I do hope the summer’s wave is a bit more diverse then just BaTB and Frozen 2 though!  :3

Edited by Soupperson1

In Italia la rivista lego principesse non la vedo... possibile che non la facciano per l'Italia??? Qualcuno sa qualcosa?

I read back in January that we should be expecting a couple of them, Beauty and The beast Castle in a winter theme if I remember correctly.

And of course, Mulan and the new Moana's sets too!

Edited by AdriWho

what new moana and mulan sets? the mulan's training set and moana's island set are winter sets. they are already out. is there another moana and mulan sets we know about?

JediJac confirms only the Belle Castle...mentioning it as maybe a summer (June?) set. I would think it would be for the Fall. Stone Wars mentions it for June also with 238 pieces. That's just a bit more than the Moana set. A little disappointing with the piece count. 

Set 8 : 43180 - {? Bell's Winter Celebration Castle ?}

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

is there summer sets coming out soon? if so, is there any information about them?

54 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

what new moana and mulan sets? the mulan's training set and moana's island set are winter sets. they are already out. is there another moana and mulan sets we know about?

I thought they were summer sets, im sorry! :(

Some icons for various themes appeared on the retailer 2TTOYS including a Disney one. It confirms we are getting another beauty and the beast set.   Belle with a new face print and a slightly different version of her yellow dress and the beast who seems to not have any new prints. There were some other set prices leaked so maybe we will have more than one set

1 hour ago, Rambo260 said:

Some icons for various themes appeared on the retailer 2TTOYS including a Disney one. It confirms we are getting another beauty and the beast set.   Belle with a new face print and a slightly different version of her yellow dress and the beast who seems to not have any new prints. There were some other set prices leaked so maybe we will have more than one set

I was expecting at least the red dress from the winter scene. I hope, since I am not a fan of minidolls, we could get a nice castle better than the first one.

19 hours ago, AdriWho said:

I was expecting at least the red dress from the winter scene. I hope, since I am not a fan of minidolls, we could get a nice castle better than the first one.

It’s a 4+ set with 238 pieces, so I wouldn’t hold my breath. :P

On 4/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, illian420 said:

JediJac confirms only the Belle Castle...mentioning it as maybe a summer (June?) set. I would think it would be for the Fall. 

A bunch of retailers have listed tbd Disney Princess sets with June releases, but Belle’s Castle is the only named one. I think it’s likely we'll at least get some retail exclusives. The Castle is definitely a summer release, not an autumn one though! I don’t understand the winter theming at all though considering this release date and she’s in her yellow dress. :P 

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

It’s a 4+ set with 238 pieces, so I wouldn’t hold my breath. :P

A bunch of retailers have listed tbd Disney Princess sets with June releases, but Belle’s Castle is the only named one. I think it’s likely we'll at least get some retail exclusives. The Castle is definitely a summer release, not an autumn one though! I don’t understand the winter theming at all though considering this release date and she’s in her yellow dress. :P 

Ugh I did not know that detail so yeah I will not be expecting nothing special :(

https://www.brickfever.nl/themes/disney/belle-039-s-kasteel-winterfeest

I found Belle’s castle! Honestly for a 4+ set this looks excellent. The finished build looks like something that could’ve been out of a 6+ set and there’s some very nice prints to boot. Five of the persisting side characters is lovely too considering they had to make a new print for Wardrobe and bring back Lumiere and Cogsworth’ faces. We also have the dog rug, which I know is only a few bricks but it’s nice to see him offically. We also have the blue bird from the creator Book Shop! :wub_drool:  That’s a lovely inclusion! I like Velle’s face but it’s really lame she isn’t in her winter dress and they also cheaped out on Beast’s legs and face. XP 

This site lists two sets coming out in September, which I would imagine were supposed to be for Raya and the Last Dragon. That film was delayed so I think they’ll be pushed back to early next year. 

That’s all for new sets but it’s worth noting this site doesn’t have the retail exclusives (those Mulan and Moana sets) so hopefully we’ll see at least one retail exclusive for this wave as that original Spanish site listed five sets. :-)

Wow it really is gorgeous. It looks extremely good for a 4+ set. I also like that it’s different enough from the old castle, so you can use them both to make a bigger castle overall. Lovely figures and the blue bird is great. Overall pleasantly surprised with this set. I’m hoping we do have more to this wave though