Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Disney Princesses 2020 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Disney Princesses discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Disney Princesses discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the new music note tile (found only in the Arial story book set so far, LEGO part number 6288537) contains the first notes of the Disney theme song (When you wish upon a star). Kinda cool IMO :)

Are there any rumours yet of how much/what we're expecting in Summer? I'd guess at least one more spoilery Frozen II set with Anna and Elsa's end outfits, but also hoping for (obviously) Pocahontas to complete the lineup, and an updated Merida with a more accurate turquoise dress (and maybe a new hairpiece). Just anything in the style of this year's larger Moana and Mulan sets over the more simplistic other builds - definitely some of the best designs we've had in recent years.

Looking at set numbers, there's gaps for 43171, 43179, 43180 and 43181, so hopefully we can expect at least 4 more sets.

Edited by kirkwoodproductions
added set numbers

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you have come up with a good moc figure for Kristoff from Frozen? I know he comes in some of the current sets, but I’d like a version that matches up to the style of Elsa and Anna minifigures that comes in the Disney blind bag series. I don’t really like the “Friends” theme looking minifigures that much. 

I still don't understand why LEGO's keeping to offer us regular Disney Theme into Friends/Elves models instead of minifigurine's one. I understand that CMF are exclusive and limited, but why this politic ? We have great Disney Duplo, Disney Princess Theme (Friends alike), why not a classic Disney Theme ? By classic, I mean minifigurine. Why that CMF exclusivity about the Disney minifigurines ? You'll probably answer me A+ (Juniors) Theme, ok we had some sets about Toy Story 4 or The Incredible 2, but you know what I mean... Disney Princess is able to offer us some sets with Castle parts, or any other part of a movie, why not with minifigurines sets ? Disney, LEGO and you know it would be sold very well, I don't understand why it still not.

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I still don't understand why LEGO's keeping to offer us regular Disney Theme into Friends/Elves models instead of minifigurine's one. I understand that CMF are exclusive and limited, but why this politic ? We have great Disney Duplo, Disney Princess Theme (Friends alike), why not a classic Disney Theme ? By classic, I mean minifigurine. Why that CMF exclusivity about the Disney minifigurines ? You'll probably answer me A+ (Juniors) Theme, ok we had some sets about Toy Story 4 or The Incredible 2, but you know what I mean... Disney Princess is able to offer us some sets with Castle parts, or any other part of a movie, why not with minifigurines sets ? Disney, LEGO and you know it would be sold very well, I don't understand why it still not.

It is a stupid question, but what would you use as material for minifigure play sets? Princess sets are mostly Friends sets with a licence put over them. That works. But minifigure playsets for boys and girls seem different to me. They need a more specific scenery or a brickbuild creature. Most include a villain and play features.

A Scrooge money bin and Donald's 313 would be nice. Maybe Gyro Gearloose's shelter? What else? I was crazy about Donald's Comics as a kid and love them still today but they offer very few well known buildings.

Disney's Hercules is a cool movie. A Playset with him, Pegasus, Meg, Phil and the Hydra would sell, if it is done well... but that means: New legs and hair for Phil, new Hairpiece for Meg, new mould for Pegasus if he is supposed to look not awefull... plus a new one for the Hydra. I doubt Lego will be able to make good one with standard bricks. There aren't many good scenes for sets in this movie so i really doubt you could reuse them. Oh and Lego would produce a Set for a movie released long before their core consumer base was born.

Mulan: Probably possible with one new mould for Mushu and a new hairpiece Shang You. A scene from the palace would be possible. Maybe one of the training with Tent and the arrow climbing challenge.

Maybe Stitch could get the escape pot?

I can't think of a good Tarzan sceene...

Duck Tales sets would be cool and with the new cartoon, there is definitely scope for it.

Vehicles are an option as well (like whatever plane Launchpad flies or the luxury vehicle Scrooge uses to get around)

I'd like sets themed around the classic animal animations - Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, The Jungle Book... Pinocchio and a giant whale would rock too. Can't believe we haven't had them yet.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Gorilla94 said:

It is a stupid question, but what would you use as material for minifigure play sets? Princess sets are mostly Friends sets with a licence put over them. That works. But minifigure playsets for boys and girls seem different to me. They need a more specific scenery or a brickbuild creature. Most include a villain and play features.

A Scrooge money bin and Donald's 313 would be nice. Maybe Gyro Gearloose's shelter? What else? I was crazy about Donald's Comics as a kid and love them still today but they offer very few well known buildings.

Disney's Hercules is a cool movie. A Playset with him, Pegasus, Meg, Phil and the Hydra would sell, if it is done well... but that means: New legs and hair for Phil, new Hairpiece for Meg, new mould for Pegasus if he is supposed to look not awefull... plus a new one for the Hydra. I doubt Lego will be able to make good one with standard bricks. There aren't many good scenes for sets in this movie so i really doubt you could reuse them. Oh and Lego would produce a Set for a movie released long before their core consumer base was born.

Mulan: Probably possible with one new mould for Mushu and a new hairpiece Shang You. A scene from the palace would be possible. Maybe one of the training with Tent and the arrow climbing challenge.

Maybe Stitch could get the escape pot?

I can't think of a good Tarzan sceene...

Well, I'll take a microscaled display build of The Ulysses vs. The Leviathan from Atlantis: The Lost Empire please... :purrr:

atlantis_disney_concept_art_11+%281%29.jpg?format=1500w

There are so many things LEGO could do. A Jungle Book set with Baloo, Mowgli, Bagheera, (panther mold already looks like him,) where you launch printed brown coconuts at King Louie's throne, a Herbie set, with Herbie, Jim, Tennesee, Carol, Herbie could split in half.. Casey Jr. with tiger, tent, Dumbo, Ringmaster, lioness, lion, monkeys, circle of track, Powered Up, his elephant car, passenger car, and caboose, Sorcerer's Apprentice set with Mickey, Yen Sid, brooms, water launching set piece,(Yen Sid's Tower,) Talespin Sea Duck with Baloo, Kit, 'Beckers'. Molly, Wildcat, food crates, Pride Rock with Simba, Nala,(the lioness from the safari truck is nearly perfect, different printing) Timon, Pumbaa, Zazu...

Unless its Duplo, any Lion King product would be "shut up and take my money" no question.

As would any other sets with interesting new animal molds (Jungle Book, Tarzan etc)

Buongiorno a tutti..sono nuova..mi sono appassionata ai Disney princess insieme a mia figlia. Detto ciò spero proprio in estate di avere Pocahontas! Ci starebbe bene poi una bella casa dei nani con Biancaneve e qualcosa su Tiana, magari col principe Navven

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:19 PM, jonwil said:

Unless its Duplo, any Lion King product would be "shut up and take my money" no question.

As would any other sets with interesting new animal molds (Jungle Book, Tarzan etc)

Ditto, except even Duplo would suffice, so long as it had Rafiki and a baby Simba.

I would actually love a build of Rafiki's tree, with the paintings and other objects.

Could be wrong, but libreriarayuela (the same place where the recent Summer 2020 Ninjago sets have leaked from) might be showing some upcoming sets:

Lego disney princess celebracion invernal castillo de bella => Lego Disney Princess Winter Celebration Bella Castle - 61,61 €

Lego disney princess 43181 disney 12 v29 - 100,59 €

Lego disney princess 43184 disney 15 v29 - 32,81 €

Lego disney princess 43185 disney 16 v29 - 55,54 €

as well as listing a TBD Zebra Disney set which has previously been rumoured to be linked to other Art, Music and Marvel sets.

There's also an underwater castle for Ariel in duplo listed there.

I'm so excited. I've been wanting a new Belle Castle! She should be in the burgundy for a Winter celebration.

The 100.59 set is equal to the Arendelle price. I wonder what they'd put more money on.

Will any of this be for Raya? I know she's not a princess, but neither is Mulan...

This is all very interesting news! I’m looking forward to the new belle castle especially if it includes a winter version of her. The other leaks seem interesting, we are just gonna have to wait for some names to drop. I would love raya sets or a frozen two one with the final outfits. Of course Pocahontas would be a welcome addition. The magazine is also quite interesting. In the comic aurora is shown with her briar rose outfit that could be a hint of what’s to to come. Getting a minidoll with the magazine is also pretty good value.

Edited by Rambo260

14 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Is the magazine likely to be available in England? My daughter would be overjoyed to see this.

My daughter too! We are huge into graphic novels! I think the artwork is lovely!!!

19 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Is the magazine likely to be available in England? My daughter would be overjoyed to see this.

It’s not available yet but the UK usually get all the Lego magazines available on blue ocean a little bit later. Keep checking on newsstand for UK availability

@DragonElves does it say at the end of the issue what the next gift with the magazine is? Lost gas there been any characters featured in the comics that haven’t been in the sets yet? They might tease at something from summer?