Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Really? Since when did LEGO work with Square Enix?

Avengers Game (not sure how much they count but the fig designs are def based on the game)

20 hours ago, Surge said:

Avengers Game (not sure how much they count but the fig designs are def based on the game)

Oh, yeah. I just realized that.

Assuming it’s still happening, we should be seeing a reveal pretty soon, although some have said it may come in December. Anyone else seen anything?

Alright, I spoke to a couple of leakers I trust (club news and JJPSiteLeaks) and they said that several catalogs have listed the set as early 2022. I did a bit of digging myself, and found the same, although a couple did still say they’ll release tomorrow, but given there has been no official reveal, I’d assume it’s February of next year.

A new listing came up today. 76980 "Gaming IP tbd-German-van" According to a poster in the usual spot it's rumored to be another Overwatch set, but I could have misread it. Could it be possible that the theme really is just Overwatch after all?

41 minutes ago, Natant16 said:

A new listing came up today. 76980 "Gaming IP tbd-German-van" According to a poster in the usual spot it's rumored to be another Overwatch set, but I could have misread it. Could it be possible that the theme really is just Overwatch after all?

At this point, I will believe that we are getting new Overwatch sets when I actually see them physically. That said, a "German van" set could be related to Brigitte, since a van appears in her origin video, and she and Reinhardt jump out of what appears to be the same van in the Zero Hour short. Since we already have Reinhardt, and since LEGO likes mechs, a Brigitte set seems plausible. 

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

Also, the set is rumoured to be $70 with 901 pieces, so whatever it is, it is quite large. 

EDIT: The set number (76980), part-count (901), and price ($79.99), are the same as the old Null Sector Titan rumour. I am not sure what to make of this, since the set listing appears to be legitimate, and the set number is in-line with those of other Overwatch sets. 😕

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I'm hoping we get sets from other games, as was theorized from the "Lego gaming" part of the original listing, but since so far all that's been shown to exist is a single (most likely Overwatch) set, it's very possible that there will be no other games represented, or even any other sets at all. I'd like to see a reputable leaker or two weigh in, but so far they've all been silent, and the situation is very odd. Either way, I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

Edited by Natant16

Well, OW2 just got delayed again, this time to 2023, so who knows what that means for these sets... :sceptic:

Wow this is so intriguing and exciting to me! 

JediJACPenguin says these are 2 out of a potential 11 sets - anyone got any ideas what other licenses could fit under this ‘gaming’ umbrella? 

It’s very promising that the set was seen in a catalogue, although there have been sets from other themes still cancelled after that point so I’ll try to keep my expectations in check 

39 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Wow this is so intriguing and exciting to me! 

JediJACPenguin says these are 2 out of a potential 11 sets - anyone got any ideas what other licenses could fit under this ‘gaming’ umbrella? 

It’s very promising that the set was seen in a catalogue, although there have been sets from other themes still cancelled after that point so I’ll try to keep my expectations in check 

I’d be all in for Kingdom Hearts!

49 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

anyone got any ideas what other licenses could fit under this ‘gaming’ umbrella? 

Warcraft could really fit a lot of types of sets, from Castle, Pirates, to Adventure, to Steampunk to Sci-Fi, or even Horror/Undead/Skeletons/Dragons etc for monsters, and it's the same company as Overwatch.

However, there's the CMF 22 Moon Warrior which looks very close to what could be a minifig of a Warcraft Night Elf (minus elf ears) .

Edited by TeriXeri

Honestly I’m shocked LEGO is doing more Overwatch sets. Given the absolute shitshow surrounding Activision/Blizzard, I’d have guessed LEGO would want nothing to do with them

28 minutes ago, Subnautica said:

Honestly I’m shocked LEGO is doing more Overwatch sets. Given the absolute shitshow surrounding Activision/Blizzard, I’d have guessed LEGO would want nothing to do with them

Those sets would have been in development for quite a while now, while the scandals were recent :wink: Well, the current wave of scandals that is, there were plenty of others before that though none quite as bad :tongue: Overall, their reputation has been in the toilet for years now.

Maybe that’s the reason the rumoured null sector titan set has been delayed? Not sure they can ever wash that stink off though

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe that’s the reason the rumoured null sector titan set has been delayed? 

Even before all the "problems" at Blizzard, Overwatch 2 was delayed multiple times, never had a release date, and the game director had left, since then, multiple other devs have left as well.

That Titan was supposed to be based on those white/grey mechs from the 2019 Overwatch 2 Trailer , so makes little sense to release before the actual game (especially as many characters were still missing as well) , also Overwatch 1 is multiplayer PvP focused, and I believe that Titan would be new PvE (player vs AI controlled boss) content.

Null Sector Titan (from cinematic announcement trailer 2019) : 

sengjoon-song-giant-001.jpg?1607645347

sengjoon-song-giant-002.jpg?1607645353

There were more sets, no idea if that Orisa & Efi set will ever come , it was listed on amazon as  76978 - 215 pieces , age 9+

Edited by TeriXeri

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Those sets would have been in development for quite a while now, while the scandals were recent :wink:

True, but it’s not like LEGO hasn’t canned in development products before (wasn’t there a recent Technic set that pulled from production even after its official announcement?).

Though its also possible that the licensing agreement prevented them from backing out

I'm sorry, I have a confession, I've never played Overwatch or purchased any of the Lego sets. The sets look interesting, but I don't know that much about the game. Is it on X-Box One?