Captain Nemo

Overwatch 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hopefully it's real, the OV figures were some of the best ones released in the past few years, so having another one in my collection would be amazing :grin: Guess we'll find out in September/December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I woukd kinda like this to be real, or a harbinger of something real down the line. I played the game a lot back in 2016 - 2019, but was in my Lego dark ages. I've started to go back and collect the sets, just got D.va & reinhardt yesterday, along with girbralter.
Getting these all makes me excited and want to get a fuller roster of heroes. Mei was always a favorite for me, would love to see their translation of her.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, I couldn't wait to see if a faker came out so I messaged FalconFan over the leak. He said he didn't think FLN actually posted it and it's probably someone else using his watermark. So given that they're faking the watermark , and the terrible sales of Overwatch, it's likely a fake.

 

Sorry guys!

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Ok, I couldn't wait to see if a faker came out so I messaged FalconFan over the leak. He said he didn't think FLN actually posted it and it's probably someone else using his watermark. So given that they're faking the watermark , and the terrible sales of Overwatch, it's likely a fake.

 

Sorry guys!

But FLN did post it on their VK page:look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Hmm. I honestly don't know then.

Is that really them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are rumblings again about Lego Overwatch coming back (possibly as soon as November). I feel like rumors of a reboot of the theme come back every six months or so, and that one list of sets that got canceled back in 2020 always seem to resurface. However, with Lego Games confirmed to be a new theme coming in the not too distant future and Overwatch 2 launching for the e-sports in April, the odds of a comeback are definitely higher than they have been in the past.

But what do you guys think? It's hard for me to get too excited for anything Activision/Blizzard related these days and I'd feel pretty bad supporting them, but a revival of this theme would definitely be an interesting surprise (even if it's still pretty unlikely despite all the mounting evidence). This might just be the fan in me talking, but a revival of the Overwatch theme could also pave the way for a revival of some of the other shelved gaming themes from over the years like Portal 2 or Midway Arcade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

But what do you guys think? It's hard for me to get too excited for anything Activision/Blizzard related these days and I'd feel pretty bad supporting them, but a revival of this theme would definitely be an interesting surprise (even if it's still pretty unlikely despite all the mounting evidence). This might just be the fan in me talking, but a revival of the Overwatch theme could also pave the way for a revival of some of the other shelved gaming themes from over the years like Portal 2 or Midway Arcade.

I'm not a huge Blizzard fan right now, used to be, but a LEGO version of Warcraft sets would be awesome to see in set form (minifig scale but not CMF), sets are pretty endless on what they can make, from Castle to Pirates, to Sci-Fi within the lore. 

I know MEGA had warcraft sets long ago, but there is so much left that it wouldn't be a copy.

However I think Overwatch should probably be done first before touching another Blizzard game franchise, should be somewhat "easier" to cover a limited number of playable characters , LEGO has done about half of the characters so far.

If there would be some big location set , I'd love to see a Castle Eichenwalde or Temple of Anubis area, even if it's only part of a level/vignette.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope they at least finish the current roster of characters (up to echo). Especially before they start with the overwatch 2 heroes, if we even get that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like the most appropriate place to ask, so I’m curious—has anyone created a thread for the gaming theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Brickroll said:

This feels like the most appropriate place to ask, so I’m curious—has anyone created a thread for the gaming theme?

First time I've heard of a gaming theme. Is there any info or a source for what it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, seems like this really is the theme that won't die. It's a shame, I would love to round out the roster with characters like Mei, Orisa, and others, but given Activision/Blizzard's current standings I'm not sure I feel comfortable supporting products from them. To a larger extent, I wonder if TLG themselves would distance themselves from the theme if the federal proceedings continue.

Apologies if this is considered off-topic, but given the situation I feel like it is a valid conversation regarding future of Overwatch itself and how that relates to the Lego theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit curious why it's listed as "Lego gaming" rather than Lego Overwatch. Placeholder name to prevent the theme being leaked? Hard to imagine they'd have multiple games under a single theme rather than as individual ones, but who knows these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Natant16 said:

I'm a bit curious why it's listed as "Lego gaming" rather than Lego Overwatch. Placeholder name to prevent the theme being leaked? Hard to imagine they'd have multiple games under a single theme rather than as individual ones, but who knows these days.

Probably to include multiple games that don't need their own themes. I think they learned from Overwatch not selling too well: instead of making an Overwatch wave, they can make a few sets instead.

Also a way for them to include Fortnite, Nintendo games, etc.

Edited by doclord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If "Lego Gaming" really does have more than one game involved, what games do you think might be possible to be used in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Natant16 said:

If "Lego Gaming" really does have more than one game involved, what games do you think might be possible to be used in it? 

Metroid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, Natant16 said:

If "Lego Gaming" really does have more than one game involved, what games do you think might be possible to be used in it?

This would pretty much never happen due to physical violence, but I can picture Street Fighter characters being included as part of a potential Gaming CMF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/1/2021 at 12:37 AM, Natant16 said:

If "Lego Gaming" really does have more than one game involved, what games do you think might be possible to be used in it?

If LEGO and Blizzard are still partners , I can still see potential in a Warcraft line of sets, I don't think it would directly compete with Harry Potter in terms of Castle.

Not sure what other games could be made into games, Fortnite might be the closest to a cartoon violence (like Overwatch), other games like League of Legends involve characters are probably more suitable for CMF. (I play neither, just thinking what could be possible)

Minecraft already exists in terms of construction/survival, Mario in terms of Platformer.

Racing games might compete too much with Speed Champions unless it's done like Mario Kart.

I'm not sure how LEGO would do Action-RPG genre sets.

If it's something Original In-House I'd like to see more Dungeon type sets like Season 13 Ninjago, where the dungeon sets could form a game board.

 

A Viking Survival game like Valheim could also be awesome in LEGO form (could have different sets for each biome + a player-made base/structure, and a viking ship) and shouldn't be too violent for it, it doesn't have modern weapons, but since it's early access with a small dev team I don't see it happen.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see League of Legends if they base it less on the game and more on the worldbuilding and story around it, but it would probably be better for a CMF, yes. I'm still thinking this is probably just a codename for more Overwatch, but hoping for much more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always wanted Kingdom Hearts in LEGO form. LEGO and Disney should also get Square Enix involved as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, MatthewRC said:

I’ve always wanted Kingdom Hearts in LEGO form. LEGO and Disney should also get Square Enix involved as well.

Lego has worked with both companies before, it's far from impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Portal Out said:

Lego has worked with both companies before, it's far from impossible.

Really? Since when did LEGO work with Square Enix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.