Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

they need to increase the amount of Lego skins for each update to cover all of the Fortnite skins, and we get new Fortnite skins every week, when including collabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LEGO Fortnite game has brick built steerable vehicles now, and with the last update pigs and farm building, so they have more and more stuff for physical sets to draw from , if they don't want battle royale combat stuff  in sets.

I doubt they would make those farm animals in sets though, I think sets using npc (especially those cowboy bandits, or falcon/wolfpack knight) figures would probably appeal a lot more to a wider audience instead of more "creator-like" farm animals.

However, a brick built Brute set could certainly work if they do a LEGO Fortnite mode focused set.

I think the actual buildable structures, or ruins you can find in game are a bit huge to do full scale but could still be referenced at a smaller scale, perhaps they can do themed furniture packs like  physical version of that Brite Bomber pack they sold in the shop (could be sold like one of those friends "bedroom" sized sets) 

EN_FNJN_28-30_BriteBomber_EGS_Launcher_RMT_2560x1440_2560x1440-0c1723b0121ea169f24946f19ffc6fd7

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zelda set has some more details now, apparently $299, hopefully the £ price is more reasonable. Another fig compared to the OG leak though, but it's just a third Link, Ganondorf would have been more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The Zelda set has some more details now, apparently $299, hopefully the £ price is more reasonable. Another fig compared to the OG leak though, but it's just a third Link, Ganondorf would have been more interesting.

Any word on which iteration of Link? If it's just the grown version of OoT Link, that's a little disappointing, since he would be easy enough to kitbash using parts from the other two.

Ganondorf would have been more interesting, but then they would have to decide which version of him to use. Plus, he's typically so big compared to Link and Zelda that he would look odd as a minifigure in the same scale as them. The TotK version of Phantom Ganon would have worked, since you actually encounter him inside the GDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Karalora said:

Any word on which iteration of Link? If it's just the grown version of OoT Link, that's a little disappointing, since he would be easy enough to kitbash using parts from the other two.

Ganondorf would have been more interesting, but then they would have to decide which version of him to use. Plus, he's typically so big compared to Link and Zelda that he would look odd as a minifigure in the same scale as them. The TotK version of Phantom Ganon would have worked, since you actually encounter him inside the GDT.

Yeah Phantom Ganon was what going for.

Brickclicker didn't specify which Link, just called them Classic Link but they called OoT Young Link 'Classic Young Link' so they probably mean OoT Link.

I agree that a different Link could've been more interesting like a TotK Ancient Tunic or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah Phantom Ganon was what going for.

Brickclicker didn't specify which Link, just called them Classic Link but they called OoT Young Link 'Classic Young Link' so they probably mean OoT Link.

I agree that a different Link could've been more interesting like a TotK Ancient Tunic or something.

TotK probably came along too late for the development of this set, but I could have vibed with SNES/GBA Link, who also encounters sentient trees on his adventures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like we’re getting more horizon sets. What do we think they could be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for a Thunderjaw set but I could see some smaller sets for Ravagers or Sawtooths (Sawteeth??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 12:15 AM, Agent Kallus said:

The Zelda set has some more details now, apparently $299, hopefully the £ price is more reasonable. Another fig compared to the OG leak though, but it's just a third Link, Ganondorf would have been more interesting.

The rumours keep emphasising a new mould for the Hylian Shield but nothing about the Master Sword which is kind of worrying. The sword is so visually distinct that half-bricking it with an existing mould would be disappointing.

I agree that a Phantom Ganon would’ve been an infinitely cooler figure instead of a third Link variant, but then again I still think BotW / TotK are far too popular to be locked behind a massive D2C to begin with and the idea of it doesn’t sit well with me. I’m still going to buy the heck out of this though.

Also regarding the Horizon ‘teases’, I interpreted them to mean something about a Lego game rather than more sets based on the games, but the latter makes far more sense.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

The rumours keep emphasising a new mould for the Hylian Shield but nothing about the Master Sword which is kind of worrying. The sword is so visually distinct that half-bricking it with an existing mould would be disappointing.

That is...odd. I'm sure if you sat down a bunch of Zelda fans and told them "We can get a unique mold for either the Master Sword or the Hylian Shield but not both," they would unanimously prefer to have the sword and accept the design of the shield printed on a conventional flatiron shield. If they're going the other way around, it is a bizarre decision by both TLG and Nintendo. But let's try to stay optimistic and consider some non-disappointing possibilities:

  • The person leaking the details saw the shield, but not the sword, and is only announcing what they can 100% confirm.
  • They're treating the Master Sword as a foregone conclusion and telling us "Don't worry, we're getting the Hylian Shield as a new mold also!" because it was in doubt.
  • This won't be the only LoZ set and the Master Sword will be included in a different one. (<--the best possibility!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it depends on what version of the tree they are most closely basing this on. What I read seems to indicate that it's more based on botw, so it would make zero sense to not include the master sword as part of a brick built pedestal in front of the tree, it'd be sweet if the sword could be drawn from its resting place. I'd be surprised if that wasn't included as a "play feature".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

I guess it depends on what version of the tree they are most closely basing this on. What I read seems to indicate that it's more based on botw, so it would make zero sense to not include the master sword as part of a brick built pedestal in front of the tree, it'd be sweet if the sword could be drawn from its resting place. I'd be surprised if that wasn't included as a "play feature".

Wasn't it going to have two alternate builds? Or is that now in question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Wasn't it going to have two alternate builds? Or is that now in question?

Oh I missed that detail my mistake! They could get away with omitting the sword altogether for the Oot version, unless it's the future version of that tree that adult Link returns to. I honestly don't know how they could get the hilt details right without a special mold. Maybe it's just too early to tell at this point, I really hope they can do this justice, I'm really excited for when we get more info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

I guess it depends on what version of the tree they are most closely basing this on. 

I hope that (like Simba, Barad-Dûr, and the Gotham skyline ) it is not changed much from the leaked pictures, the most recent leak still suggests an alternative build.

17 hours ago, Karalora said:

 let's try to stay optimistic and consider some non-disappointing possibilities:

  • This won't be the only LoZ set 

What would be good is if the did the Simpsons/ D&D approach and followed up the Big set with a CMF series ( I might follow this post up with a wishlist for a TotK/BotW CMF ) though there are things just calling out for playsets or display models. Like an Ultra build brick box, a loft wing statue, a botw Guardian, Divine beasts, king of red lions, hyrule castle, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

What would be good is if the did the Simpsons/ D&D approach and followed up the Big set with a CMF series ( I might follow this post up with a wishlist for a TotK/BotW CMF ) though there are things just calling out for playsets or display models. Like an Ultra build brick box, a loft wing statue, a botw Guardian, Divine beasts, king of red lions, hyrule castle, etc.

I think I've said this before but it bears repeating: My ideal LoZ line would include both a series of display models of iconic scenes and things from the game, and a range of playsets that don't copy any specific game but have the right vibe, as if it were a new adventure in the franchise--dungeon playsets loaded with play features, village scenes with familiar and new characters, etc. A CMF on top of that would be lovely, of course. I know the highest demand is for familiar things, but it would be a shame not to replicate one of the Zelda franchise's strongest assets--the way it remixes its own material each time to give us something both familiar and new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2024 at 10:28 AM, Grabdatgem said:

So it looks like we’re getting more horizon sets. What do we think they could be? 

I'd like to see the games given a proper minifigure-scale treatment. There aren't many machines that are big enough to warrant a Tallneck-esque set (maybe the Thunderjaw, Slitherfang or that huge underwater one from Forbidden West whose name escapes me) and I also don't really just want to have a load of Aloys.

Give me, say, a Cauldron set, or a Tilda's Mansion set, or even just vignettes - and give me Varl, Erend, Zo, Beta, Rost, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

( I might follow this post up with a wishlist for a TotK/BotW CMF )

I'll give it a go, but go a little bit wider:

  1. Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)
  2. Sheik
  3. Zelda (based on the Smash design?)
  4. Ganondorf (OoT?)
  5. Tingle
  6. Either Fi or Ghirahim, for SS representation
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Toon Link
  9. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  10. A ReDead
  11. Master Kohga/Yiga Clan
  12. Purah (maybe with tall and short legs?)

Or, if you wanted a mix of more of Hyrule's species, then possibly:

  1. Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)
  2. A Zora of some variety
  3. A Rito of some variety
  4. Ganondorf (OoT?)
  5. Tingle
  6. Either Fi or Ghirahim, for SS representation
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Zelda (based on her Smash design?)
  9. A Goron of some variety
  10. A ReDead
  11. Master Kohga
  12. Purah (maybe with tall and short legs?)

That's just a random assortment without a ton of thought, but it's a possible start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)

I can think of a ton of people who would get that minifig just for the wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolf Link has some pretty distinctive facial markings that would make him a weird choice for a "normal" wolf.

I would hope that if TLG did decide to keep going with this stuff, they'd come out with actual sets to include most of the character favorites, and leave the CMF for secondary characters and army-builder monsters. For example:

  • Toon Link: King of Red Lions
  • Wolf Link and Midna: "Twilight Bug Hunt" or something of that kidney.
  • OoT Ganodorf and Zelda: the climactic scene in OoT where he's playing the organ and she's inside the pink crystal
  • Skull Kid: A forest clearing with a tree stump OR the MM Clock Tower
  • Ghirahim and Fi: Something something Ghirahim Duel something?

Also people get so hung up on the big console releases. You know what would be super-cute? A Minish Village playset, with Toon Link wearing Ezlo as his hat, a couple of Minish, and maybe a "giant" (actually normal-sized, it's the village that's tiny) Chuchu or Octorok that Link is defending them from. Or a Four Swords modular dungeon building set, with four color-coded Links and the means to put together different configurations of dungeon puzzles. Or a Spirit Train set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

wip accidently posted early will re edit

Edited by Agent Kallus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I might follow this post up with a wishlist for a TotK/BotW CMF

 

Spoiler

series 1 

  1. Link (TotK) - Empty headgear slot + Archaic Tunic + Archaic Legwear - with decayed master sword and a rock on a stick (Bonus Cece Hat)
  2. Zelda (TotK) - Zonai earings + Zonai dress - with yellow secret stone and a second head with two different spoiler heads (Bonus Sheik's Mask)
  3. Rauru  
  4. Gold Bokoblin with bow, shield and boko-bat (Bonus Bokoblin Mask)
  5. Kass with accordion
  6. Sidon (BotW) with Trident and secret stone (Bonus Lynel Mask)
  7.  Teba (BotW) with bow (Bonus Korok Mask)
  8. Yunobo (BotW) with sword, secert stone, and marbled rock roast (Bonus 
  9. Riju (Botw) with dual swords, Patrica (Bonus Lightning Helm)
  10. Master Kogha
  11. Maestro with conductor stick
  12. Yona

series 2 

  1. Link ( gerudo Vai) 
  2. Phantom Ganon woth sword, club and bow
  3. Sonia (Bonus Ravio's Hood)
  4. Silver Lizafos with boomerang and shield (Bonus 
  5. Penn
  6. Mipha with trident and baby Sidon (Bonus Vah Ruta Divine Helm)
  7. Revali with bow ( Bonus Vah Medoh Divine Helm)
  8. Daruk With Sword (Bonus Vah Rudania Divine Helm)
  9. Urbosa with sword and Shield (Bonus Vah Naboris Divine Helm) 
  10. Tulin (TotK) with secret stone and bow
  11. Mineru 
  12. Purah (BotW) with Sheika Slate and Purah pad

A few complementary set ideas too cause why not:

  • Lookout landing sky view tower and research lab - £120- Link (Glide Suit), Purah (Totk),Robbie, Josha, Scorpis, Buliara, Baz
  • Impa's Balloon - £14 - Impa,, Link (Stealth Armor)
  • guardian battle - £30- Link (Champions's tunic) 
  • Cave exploring - £50 - (cave build with open chasm build with brick built like-like, Bubblefrog and 2 Horroblins - Link 
  • Sky Island battle - £20 - - Link (Charged Armor)
  • Battle Talus - £45 - Link (Climbing Gear), Red Bokoblin*3
  • The light Dragon - £120 - display set of the light dragon flying
  • (red) Hinox battle - £35 - Link (Hylian Armor), red Bokoblin
  • Molduga - £25 - Link (Desert Voe Armor)
  • Boko camp - £10 - two towers one with skull chest, the other without look out post, a couple crates and a fire cooking meat - 2 red Bokoblins and a blue Boko
  • Inego Pebblet battle - £5 - 3 inego pebblets - Link (Flamebreaker Armor)
  • Kilton's shop -£20 - Kilton, Koltin, Link (Mystic Armor)
  • Great fairy fountain (not sure which) - £25 - Link (Soldier's Armor)
  • Stable - £105 - Link (Snowquill Armor), Beedle, Epona, Giant Horse, Golden Horse, Pikango, Tasseren, Rensa 
  • Hyrule castle - £150 - Link (Ancient Armour) Ganondorf, Silver Boko, Stalkoblin*2, Silver Moblin, Fire Breath Lizafos, Black boss Bokolin, Zelda (white botw dress)  
  • King Gleeok battle - £85 - Link (Zonaite Armor)
  • Yiga ambush - £10 - bush that flips to reveal a yiga clan member, plus a korok puzzle shrine - Link (Royal Guard Uniform), *Traveller*, yiga archer
  • Advenutres in hyrule - £65 - Lynel, Korok puzzles, Sheika Shrine (exterior), raft, treasure octorok - Link (Zora Armor), green Lizafos*2, Yiga Swordsman, Keese*5
8 hours ago, Karalora said:

 I think I've said this before but it bears repeating: My ideal LoZ line would include both a series of display models of iconic scenes and things from the game, and a range of playsets that don't copy any specific game but have the right vibe, as if it were a new adventure in the franchise--dungeon playsets loaded with play features, village scenes with familiar and new characters, etc. A CMF on top of that would be lovely, of course. I know the highest demand is for familiar things, but it would be a shame not to replicate one of the Zelda franchise's strongest assets--the way it remixes its own material each time to give us something both familiar and new.

I do think that sort of approach could be cool, but Zelda games vary a lot more in looks and style than things like Mario or even Sonic, which it makes it harder to visualise this generic Zelda.

4 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I'll give it a go, but go a little bit wider:

  1. Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)

I did have an idea that it would be funny if in a CMF  Twilight princess Link had Imp Midna as an accessory whilst ( like you suggested) Midna had wolf Link as an accessory, so you got both of them either way.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

Wolf Link has some pretty distinctive facial markings that would make him a weird choice for a "normal" wolf.

I would hope that if TLG did decide to keep going with this stuff, they'd come out with actual sets to include most of the character favorites, and leave the CMF for secondary characters and army-builder monsters.

I was almost thinking the opposite, as in have the sets feature mostly monsters and the have CMFs be mostly characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I do think that sort of approach could be cool, but Zelda games vary a lot more in looks and style than things like Mario or even Sonic, which it makes it harder to visualise this generic Zelda.

But it wouldn't be "generic" Zelda...it would be LEGO Zelda. The variety in visual direction of the existing games should be no more of an impediment than it is when Nintendo makes a new Zelda game.

I was almost thinking the opposite, as in have the sets feature mostly monsters and the have CMFs be mostly characters.

It depends on the scene being portrayed. I think most of the truly iconic Zelda "moments" center on major characters, so the fan-pleaser display sets replicating visuals from specific games would largely feature character minifigs.

Anyway, if you're jonesing for TotK LEGO, might I recommend the YouTube channel octane thermoplastic? He's a LEGO channel who specializes in LoZ theme content, and he has been creating a staggering variety of superbly well designed playsets based on TotK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting. Sony and LEGO are collaborating to make a video game, which is described as essentially 'Horizon Forbidden West but LEGO'.

No idea if it's just set in the world of Horizon, or if it follows Aloy (I hope the former). Nevertheless, this means we'll probably get more sets in some time, maybe even a whole wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Very interesting. Sony and LEGO are collaborating to make a video game, which is described as essentially 'Horizon Forbidden West but LEGO'.

No idea if it's just set in the world of Horizon, or if it follows Aloy (I hope the former). Nevertheless, this means we'll probably get more sets in some time, maybe even a whole wave.

That is really exciting news, certainly not what I expected. It doesn't look like Traveler's Tales' name is attached to this project, if they turn out not to be involved it'll be interesting to see another studio's take on a Lego game. 

This news article says that a Playstation Showcase event is happening in the next few weeks supposedly, I hope we learn more about this soon I'm eager to learn more, and I don't even own a ps5.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/more-details-rumoured-lego-horizon-video-game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2024 at 1:11 PM, JohnTPT17 said:

I'll give it a go, but go a little bit wider:

  1. Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)
  2. Sheik
  3. Zelda (based on the Smash design?)
  4. Ganondorf (OoT?)
  5. Tingle
  6. Either Fi or Ghirahim, for SS representation
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Toon Link
  9. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  10. A ReDead
  11. Master Kohga/Yiga Clan
  12. Purah (maybe with tall and short legs?)

Or, if you wanted a mix of more of Hyrule's species, then possibly:

  1. Midna, with Wolf Link as the accessory (which can then be reused for normal wolves)
  2. A Zora of some variety
  3. A Rito of some variety
  4. Ganondorf (OoT?)
  5. Tingle
  6. Either Fi or Ghirahim, for SS representation
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Zelda (based on her Smash design?)
  9. A Goron of some variety
  10. A ReDead
  11. Master Kohga
  12. Purah (maybe with tall and short legs?)

That's just a random assortment without a ton of thought, but it's a possible start. 

The way I would eat up a Legend of Zelda CMF series! Honestly recently became obsessed with the franchise after beating Ocarina of Time, starting Majora's mask (maybe 25% through), and just starting Breath of the Wild. Don't know how I slept on this franchise until my adulthood but wow I am hooked. Beyond excited for the Deku tree release. Really hoping we get dual molded legs, leg printing, arm printing, new hair moulds, new accessories. I want to see the budget given to Vidiyo going to this, no exceptions. So excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.