Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

Direct link to the Tweet

"LEGO x Fortnite, as an actual collab. Epic is working on something in UEFN that has to do with LEGO bricks, including having a full Brick Database for Unreal Engine. This work is being done on the Juno test servers. My *personal* theory is that this will be a LEGO island.

For all you Zelda fans out there, I can confirm that there is a Zelda set in production. I don't know if it's supposed to launch a whole new theme or if it's just a one-off but there's one set at least which will feature 1920 pieces and will range from $200-$325, probably $250. It's a 2-in-1 model based on the Great Deku Tree. Just to clarify, I am not a Zelda fan and I have never played any of the games so I don't know really know much about what I've seen except that the description of the set that I was provided specifically called it the Great Deku Tree. 

There were two images of the set, because they give you enough pieces to make two versions of the tree. Just to clarify on the 2-in-1 aspect, it appears to be the same model which you can redress to make it look different. I don't think they actually made it so you could make both trees and display both together since there's just the one base. One of the trees was specifically labeled as designed from the Breath of the Wild game whereas the other came from Ocarina of Time. I don't know which is which but one version of the tree had an opening underneath the branches and had pink flowers. The other version had no opening underneath the tree's face and had green leaves instead. Whichever tree you make is featured on a base with the Zelda logo on it. 

As for minifigures, they don't have a count or any names listed but both pictures showed the same three minifigs. I recognized one as Link who has the short legs. The other two minifigures I didn't recognize so I had to look them up and it seems like they're Link and Zelda from the Breath of the Wild game because they both look like this wearing blue. There's also a light blue orb covered in white with a clear stand.
Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-2-1257851.jpg?r

I got permission from a moderator to share this information although I cannot share the pictures. As someone who doesn't really know much about the franchise, I must say that I'm quite impressed with the set so I'm hoping Zelda fans will be pleased with it as well once official pics or leaks are posted.

Very interesting. I wouldn't have expected a 2-in-1 Deku Tree but it's a pretty iconic location/character so it does make sense. The lack of other characters is a little disappointing but I honestly have a very hard time imagining that this is going to be a one off thing, so I'm not too bothered. 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I see, fake „leaks“ are en vogue again :tongue: Not falling for this, no siree!

I don't exactly think it makes a lot of sense either, but I assume that one of the moderators would've clarified if they straight up lied about getting permission to post from them.

10 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I don't exactly think it makes a lot of sense either, but I assume that one of the moderators would've clarified if they straight up lied about getting permission to post from them.

1. Since when do we need the permission of a moderator to post rumours?
  2. If this were true, they easily could have named the moderator. Why hide it?
  3. The lie would only be found out once every single moderator denies this, which buys the “leaker” some time :tongue:
  4. Have you seen the other “leaks”? They’re all ridiculous on their own, but combined, it’s even worse. No set numbers, huge price ranges, do not fit in with what we currently know, prelim pictures of sets it doesn’t make sense for, incredibly wish-listy.
Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Well, I also don't believe these rumors, but there are also things for it. 

If I had a big rumor I wanted to post and know is true/have evidence, but people/mods wouldn't believe it due to it being very unlikely (like Zelda) then I could contact a moderator and show them my proof. That way I don't have to share confidential information on the internet but rather with 1 person who can be trusted not to post it online. The only way to confirm this is for a moderator to back his leaks. Not saying the moderators name doesn't mean he hides it though.

There is also a Toy Fair and showings for retailers for upcoming sets these weeks. So if he indeed is a insider or retailer then he would be able to know this information. However, D2C sets are 99 out of the 100 times displayed after a curtain (if they're displayed at all) and you're not allowed to take your phone or notes with you. So he would have to remember everything and there are many details.

And the account is fairly active (recent) on Eurobricks, with no bad reputation whatsoever, so why risk getting banned? Unless he is done with LEGO or got 'hacked'.

But the fact that the 'leaks' are all highly anticipated themes or sets makes me say these are fake. 

50 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  1. Since when do we need the permission of a moderator to post rumours?
  2. If this were true, they easily could have named the moderator. Why hide it?
  3. The lie would only be found out once every single moderator denies this, which buys the “leaker” some time :tongue:
  4. Have you seen the other “leaks”? They’re all ridiculous on their own, but combined, it’s even worse. No set numbers, huge price ranges, do not fit in with what we currently know, prelim pictures of sets it doesn’t make sense for, incredibly wish-listy.

I don't disagree with any of that but my point was that it'd take (relatively speaking) very little time for this to be disproved if they just made up the thing about the moderator. I just don't see the point of including that detail when it very obviously will expose them as a liar. I guess we'll probably know in a few hours if there's anything to this because of that, but unless they just didn't think it through there's no reason to mention that. Hopefully the moderators can clarify if they know anything about these alleged leaks.

12 hours ago, Meadius said:

I don't disagree with any of that but my point was that it'd take (relatively speaking) very little time for this to be disproved if they just made up the thing about the moderator. I just don't see the point of including that detail when it very obviously will expose them as a liar. I guess we'll probably know in a few hours if there's anything to this because of that, but unless they just didn't think it through there's no reason to mention that. Hopefully the moderators can clarify if they know anything about these alleged leaks.

Not wishing to feed the troll even more, and I can't believe I'm even commenting on the accuracy of a pedantic point in this whole thing, but in other posts with other 'leaks', the story was that they did a survey and saw the pictures and details that way. I think they are claiming to have asked a moderator of the survey, not Eurobricks.

Not that it adds any credibility to the main content of what's been posted.

49 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Not wishing to feed the troll even more, and I can't believe I'm even commenting on the accuracy of a pedantic point in this whole thing, but in other posts with other 'leaks', the story was that they did a survey and saw the pictures and details that way. I think they are claiming to have asked a moderator of the survey, not Eurobricks.

Ah I see, in that case then there's absolutely nothing to back the "leak" up outside from the good point by @Hoth Rebel that the account was pre-existing and in good standing. Having thought about it some more, the 3-in-1 concept also seems rather farfetched. 

I still think we're going to see Lego Zelda sooner or later, but at this point I doubt it'll be this year. With the way things have been going with Lego lately the first set will probably just be a statue of the Master Sword or something uninteresting like that (for me personally). It's one of the most popular game series of all time, it's been highly requested for a decade, and Nintendo already has been working with Lego–it's hard to imagine we won't get something eventually (unless someone else somehow got the license).

14 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Yeah I was thinking this as well. Besides, if it were a eurobricks moderator stopping them from posting the pics here, there is nothing stopping them from posting them elsewhere. Not that a lego survey moderator would ever say "yeah sure share all this new info."

Seeing how @JeanGreyForever correctly predicted the Malifecent dragon set for the Disney theme. I choose to believe that he saw a prelim of a supposed Zelda set as well, which could be extremely exiting. I do agree with others that the Deku tree might be a bit of an odd choice on first tought, but I could see how it might be an iconic thing that easily ties over into several other Zelda games, thus satisfying fans who prefer one game over the other. The inclusion of a young Link (from Majora's Mask I reckon?) seems to solidify this idea.

If this is the case, this leaker has found an extremely solid bit of info.

Edited by kevkipo

Survey is clearly legitimate, although I'm still skeptical as to whether LEGO will actually release everything, and/or that it will be at a much later date for this kind of survey. But great to hear about the concepts. Thanks @JeanGreyForever

Edited by RichardGoring

Wow, that ended up being real. Looks pretty cool, though it looks much smaller than I was expecting. Hopefully the price is a bit on the lower end to justify that. I'm going to be getting it no matter what since it's Lego Zelda, but there's a lot of other great stuff coming out this year as well so I'd prefer for this one not to be too overpriced. 

Okay, that’s genuinely stunning. When it comes to Zelda, BotW is my favourite and I’m so happy to see those minifigures.

Hopefully this won’t be ridiculously overpriced. With the piece count and potential pricing, I wonder why Lego didn’t just opt to do a Hyrule Castle playset, however this is definitely a buy for me if it enters production.

It’s delightful to see Hestu and some Koroks! Yahaha.

(I’m just picturing a Bionicle / BotW crossover where Tahu opens a Bohrok’s headplate and finds a Korok).

Edited by Kaijumeister

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The OoT version somehow looks very bland compared to the BotW one. I know which one I‘ll be displaying :laugh:

oh do u think it will be a 2 in one? I imagined it more as options from the survey, but i guess that makes more sense with the 2 links

Well, there it is!! to all those who waited all these years, good game my dudes. Man what a day...
It appears Link is the Tears of the Kingdom version, which I like! The other one is Majora's Mask, correct?

Edited by kevkipo

1 minute ago, kevkipo said:

Well, there it is!! to all those who waited all these years, good game my dudes. Man what a day...
It appears Link is the Tears of the Kingdom version, which I like! The other one is Majora's Mask, correct?

I'm going to assume it's OOT, just based on it being the definitive 3D Zelda.