Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

Just finished building the set, and I stand by what I've said - this is my favourite LEGO set ever :wub_drool:

The build is absolutely fantastic. The ground is so detailed, I love how they made the terrain look.

The Tallneck is huge. Didn't expect it to be this tall. Such a fantastic build. The Watcher look awesome too.

Aloy, as I've said, is incredible. 

I have to say, I've never had so much fun building a LEGO set. I'm so happy with how it looks on display.

1 hour ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

How'd you get it already? I thought it releases on the first of May.

It's already available in some retailers in my country.

I built the Tallneck yesterday, amazing set! Fun build, looks fantastic on display. The minifigure is fabulous. I'd recommend it to anyone!

I hadn't played any of the Horizon games before I ordered this, but finally managed to get a PS5 before the set arrived so technically I had played the game for about 1 hour before building the set.

Did TLG underestimate the interest in this one? The Tallneck's been out of stock on S@H since the day of release here in NZ, but I've finally been able to order a copy from retailer ToyCo. Looking forward to the build.

Update: Built it today. Fantastic model, and quite reasonably priced. 9/10.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

Is there anyone in America who can help me? I live in Australia and it’s become really difficult to get the HFW Tallneck over here, but a family member’s going to New York for a trip soon and I’m hoping they can get one for me. Are there any American sites with good LEGO prices? What’s the cheapest way to buy the Tallneck over there at present?

23 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Does anyone know if the Null Sector Titan instructions are available anywhere?

I'm pretty sure that set was just a collective hallucination caused by a gas leak or something. In fact, this whole theme probably was.

So....Overwatch 2 is out in a couple days....and we still have no knowledge of more gaming sets. I suppose with the partnership being paused, that makes sense, but I assume we will hear more relatively soon (and by that I mean next couple months).

It's hilarious that LEGO still has an Overwatch 2 section on its shop Themes page, with a picture of the minifigures from the new set to boot, but then no products on the click through. How have they not removed that by now??

On 9/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Brickroll said:

Does anyone know if the Null Sector Titan instructions are available anywhere?

IDK if they're available online, but there are copies out there. I'd find someone who has one (by searching for reviews) and ask the reviewer if they'd be willing to scan the instructions.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, Brickroll said:

So....Overwatch 2 is out in a couple days....and we still have no knowledge of more gaming sets. I suppose with the partnership being paused, that makes sense, but I assume we will hear more relatively soon (and by that I mean next couple months).

You'd think a single company wouldn't be delaying the entire gaming theme? I hope we see a few more sets next year. I think a spider-man ps5 set would be great, and I wouldn't mind sets for (it was at this moment I realized how few video games I play. And since we're not seeing super smash bros sets until nintendo stops being cowards, I don't actually have any suggestions.)

If anyone remembers Castle Crashers, that'd be fun, though it's like 15 years old so it'd never get a set. It's basically got the story and main heroes of a lego theme, with elemental, colorful knights.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:55 PM, Clone OPatra said:

It's hilarious that LEGO still has an Overwatch 2 section on its shop Themes page, with a picture of the minifigures from the new set to boot, but then no products on the click through. How have they not removed that by now??

90% of lego blunders are related to their website. Didn't most of the BP sets leak via the instructions site?

Though to be fair, this one's been up for forever. 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, Brickroll said:

Did anyone hear that Frances Townsend, the CCO of Activision Blizzard, is about to step down and leave the company this Friday?

https://clutchpoints.com/activision-blizzards-controversial-cco-steps-down/

I'm like 70% sure that Mei's head was used in the foosball table, which would actually be a pretty good way of making her. I can't quite tell, does anyone else think so?

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I'm like 70% sure that Mei's head was used in the foosball table, which would actually be a pretty good way of making her. I can't quite tell, does anyone else think so?

Shame you can't get the hair or torso. I was looking forward to the minifigs.

So I'm sure that only like 10 people still care about this set, but someone amazing on Reddit posted the instructions and parts list to the Titan, and I figured I'd link it here since I had not seen it before this:

Also, I was thinking: assuming Microsoft cans the people who deserve to be canned, maybe there is a chance Lego releases this when PVE gets added into OW2, and assuming it does successfully? I still believe this might come, but it sure won't be soon, especially considering that most of the copies were apparently set for destruction. 

Edited by Brickroll

I saw that pdf link before (downloaded it too) but couldn't remember where I had seen it. Thanks for sharing.

And, TBH, I'm still kinda salty about the set being cancelled. I respect Lego wanting to end their association with Blizzard, but the sets were ready to be sold. In my opinion, they should have released them then cancelled the contract, if cancelling it was what they wanted. Destroying the sets was just a waste of resources.

I did buy a rescued Mei on the aftermarket though. No regrets, I just wish she had come with the Snowball headpiece too.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Lego Fortnite let's go

Is this confirmed? 

Edit: Greekbricks posted about it on Instagram: 

- Set: Fortnite Battle Bus 
 - Set Number: 10317 
 - Release: April 2023 
 - Price: $250 
 - Pieces: 2712 
 - Minifig: Jonsey (with arm printing) 

Battle Bus: 

Spoiler

Mike-kime-fortnite-battle-bus-concept1.j

Jonsey: 

Spoiler

fortnite-jonesy-the-first-featured.png

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Am I the only one who thinks is kinda too late for this? 

The fornite popularity is not as high as it was 2/3years ago

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Am I the only one who thinks is kinda too late for this? 

The fornite popularity is not as high as it was 2/3years ago

You are 100% not the only one @Robert8!