Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Will be a while before the deal is final, could be somewhere 2023.

Personally I don't expect OW2 this year, 2021 had both the Game Director and Executive Producer leave.

While I don't expect the entire blizzard game development to halt completely , OW2 is something  different compared to an expansion.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So weird, they're already using Mei's torso in another set (the galactic mission set that just leaked).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strangely said:

So weird, they're already using Mei's torso in another set (the galactic mission set that just leaked).

Right? Has that ever happened before? Did they get permission or was it already seen as fairly generic to use? I have so many questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, strangely said:

So weird, they're already using Mei's torso in another set (the galactic mission set that just leaked).

 

7 hours ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

Right? Has that ever happened before? Did they get permission or was it already seen as fairly generic to use? I have so many questions.

The set is "not final" so I guess that's just prototype phase, even the minifigs are said to be not final. 

Edited by Mr No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preliminary images often use existing prints as stand-ins, I highly doubt the final product will actually use the Overwatch and Ninjago torso's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think two mini-figures and 200 pieces. There is some discussion going on in the Sci-fi sub forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

This isn’t new, Wendy’s Twitter account has been known for exchanges like this for at least ten years :grin: 

@Maple Amazon absolutely should get sued as well for their horrible workplace conditions, but I’m not sure how they factor into this particular discussion. TLG isn’t partnered with them

I'm sorry I missed your mention.

I bring Amazon up because LEGO does have an agreement with LEGO. Amazon has the exclusive USA rights to the Monkey Kid sets AND the TV show. Both of which happened in early 2021 or late 2020 and by that point we all knew how awful Amazon is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think LEGO might reveal the Horizon Zero Dawn near February 18th, when the hype for this franchise will be on an all-time high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2022 at 7:28 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you guys think LEGO might reveal the Horizon Zero Dawn near February 18th, when the hype for this franchise will be on an all-time high?

That seems likely, and hopefully they do reveal it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this offends anyone on this forum, but I've never played Overwatch before.

Should I get into the game? It's probably available on X-Box One, I have no idea who any of the characters are and I haven't purchased any of the sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we get some sort of confirmation of other games appearing in this theme soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Natant16 said:

I'm hoping we get some sort of confirmation of other games appearing in this theme soon.

Me too! What other games are you thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OW and Horizon Zero Dawn are the only ones confirmed so far, so probably something similar in tone to those two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious why isn't Lego doing Zelda sets and if this line will finally bring them. Zelda is probably the most wanted Lego theme for over a decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2022 at 9:15 AM, Flaming Bricks said:

Sorry if this offends anyone on this forum, but I've never played Overwatch before.

Should I get into the game? It's probably available on X-Box One, I have no idea who any of the characters are and I haven't purchased any of the sets

It's in a somewhat abysmal state at the moment. The player base has shrunk to a fraction of what it once was, and que times are ridiculous. I tried playing for the first time in a few years over the summer and gave up after a half hour because I was waiting upwards of ten minutes to play as my main.

Your best bet might be to just wait for the sequel, but it's in total limbo. For example, there was supposedly a Lego wave planned to release alongside it like two years ago, but only one set has released and the rest have become Schrodinger's Lego sets (that's why this thread was started in 2019).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have any more info on sets for this theme and/or other games and licenses it will be incorporating beyond H:ZD and Overwatch (Maybe)?

 

Also, does anyone think the Tallneck may be more of an 18+ set, or are we expecting a general 12+ or 14+ set design? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Do we have any more info on sets for this theme and/or other games and licenses it will be incorporating beyond H:ZD and Overwatch (Maybe)?

 

Also, does anyone think the Tallneck may be more of an 18+ set, or are we expecting a general 12+ or 14+ set design? 

We don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't.

Not even whether or not the new 76980 Titan set will be released or cancelled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falconfan said the reason for the delay was due to the purchase by Microsoft IIRC, but no, we don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Falconfan said the reason for the delay was due to the purchase by Microsoft IIRC, but no, we don't.

So, it’s still gonna be released either way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.