Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

Wow, it looks like they made new molds for every figure in that Deku Tree set! Is Navi printed on a clear minifigure heard?

I’m pretty happy with both builds too, even if they’re supposedly just prototypes. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long to see better pictures (people are guessing this is a 2024 set and I really hope it’s not!)

I love the Deku tree. I definitely prefer the Ocarina of Time build, but the BoTW one is very good as well. Might even buy 2 to build both. Young Link has got to be my favourite of the figures though. Now I just hope nintendo doesn't cancel the entire thing because of the leaks like they did with the rumoured Netflix show a few years back.

2 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Well, there it is!! to all those who waited all these years, good game my dudes. Man what a day...
It appears Link is the Tears of the Kingdom version, which I like! The other one is Majora's Mask, correct?

Just according to the preliminary images, it's most definitely the Ocarina of Time Link for a couple reasons: He's holding the deku shield and he's in a set with the Great Deku Tree. Not sure if you've played the games but the great deku tree and the deku shield aren't in Majora's Mask.

The blue tunic Link has also gotta be the Breath of the Wild Link because the Great Deku Tree and Hestu are in BotW. We don't know if the Great Deku Tree or Hestu will be in Tears of the Kingdom (even though I'm pretty sure they will be).

I think it's safe to assume this set is Ocarina of Time/Breath of the Wild themed. 

Edited by Moon_Knight

2 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Well, there it is!! to all those who waited all these years, good game my dudes. Man what a day...
It appears Link is the Tears of the Kingdom version, which I like! The other one is Majora's Mask, correct?

What makes you think it's TotK Link? The white lower arms and Zeldas long hair identifies them as BotW versions. And why would the other Link be based of Majora's Mask? The Deku Tree doesn't even appear in that game and the version in this set is based on Ocarina of Time.

Just in case your day wasn't already overflowing with Lego news, it appears that Square Enix is holding a vote to see which location from Final Fantasy VII fans want to see them turn into a large-scale Lego build. 

I honestly doubt this is official at all, but I'm still excited to see which one wins (I'm totally voting for Aerith's house). Anyways here's the Tweet:

I saw the SE poll too, what a weird event. It'd be cool if we got something official but I'm not holding my breath. Final Fantasy never struck me as something we'd see Lego sets of.

4 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I saw the SE poll too, what a weird event. It'd be cool if we got something official but I'm not holding my breath. Final Fantasy never struck me as something we'd see Lego sets of.

Yup, it's been banned on Lego Ideas for years (otherwise I would've submitted a project by now).

Yep, you're both defenitely right, that is Ocarina of Time Link. I've never played that game so I assumed it was Majora's Mask, since they both look similar to me.
I defenitely tought it was TotK Link as well since he appeared to have this brown padding on his chest, but upon seeing more images of the game it appears to be more around his waist:

Legend of Zelda News | Nintendo Life

So yes, now, looking at it again it's defenitely more likely BOTW Link, since Zelda seems to have long hair as well.

Do you guys think they'll include a seperate mold for the master sword? Seeing as they already have three unique hairmolds in this set.

Edited by kevkipo

On 2/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, Portal Out said:

Just in case your day wasn't already overflowing with Lego news, it appears that Square Enix is holding a vote to see which location from Final Fantasy VII fans want to see them turn into a large-scale Lego build. 

I honestly doubt this is official at all, but I'm still excited to see which one wins (I'm totally voting for Aerith's house). Anyways here's the Tweet

They could have not possibly made this timing any more eyebrow-raising

Hi all,

Is there any love for Homeworld lego ships anywhere ?

Especially with the new opus coming out this year... I'm going to need one :D

On 1/28/2023 at 8:43 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

For all you Zelda fans out there, I can confirm that there is a Zelda set in production. I don't know if it's supposed to launch a whole new theme or if it's just a one-off but there's one set at least which will feature 1920 pieces and will range from $200-$325, probably $250. It's a 2-in-1 model based on the Great Deku Tree. Just to clarify, I am not a Zelda fan and I have never played any of the games so I don't know really know much about what I've seen except that the description of the set that I was provided specifically called it the Great Deku Tree. 

There were two images of the set, because they give you enough pieces to make two versions of the tree. Just to clarify on the 2-in-1 aspect, it appears to be the same model which you can redress to make it look different. I don't think they actually made it so you could make both trees and display both together since there's just the one base. One of the trees was specifically labeled as designed from the Breath of the Wild game whereas the other came from Ocarina of Time. I don't know which is which but one version of the tree had an opening underneath the branches and had pink flowers. The other version had no opening underneath the tree's face and had green leaves instead. Whichever tree you make is featured on a base with the Zelda logo on it. 

As for minifigures, they don't have a count or any names listed but both pictures showed the same three minifigs. I recognized one as Link who has the short legs. The other two minifigures I didn't recognize so I had to look them up and it seems like they're Link and Zelda from the Breath of the Wild game because they both look like this wearing blue. There's also a light blue orb covered in white with a clear stand.
Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-2-1257851.jpg?r

I got permission from a moderator to share this information although I cannot share the pictures. As someone who doesn't really know much about the franchise, I must say that I'm quite impressed with the set so I'm hoping Zelda fans will be pleased with it as well once official pics or leaks are posted.

When will this set release?

On 2/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, kevkipo said:

No, Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild 

21 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Do you guys think they'll include a seperate mold for the master sword? Seeing as they already have three unique hairmolds in this set.

I think it's more likely than not. It's the most iconic video game weapon ever, and in BotW it's literally right in front of the Deku Tree. Also, if we get more sets after this, it could be reused for most of the games. The design changes a bit from game to game, but the only games where it canonically appears and is different enough that a new mold would be "needed" are Wind Waker and A Link to the Past (the latter of which sadly seems unlikely to get any sets unless the theme lasts a while). If they make one for this set it could be used as necessary in any sets based on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild. 

On 2/1/2023 at 6:45 PM, Portal Out said:

I honestly doubt this is official at all, but I'm still excited to see which one wins (I'm totally voting for Aerith's house). Anyways here's the Tweet:

On 2/2/2023 at 12:05 AM, Meadius said:

On 2/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, Portal Out said:

Yup, it's been banned on Lego Ideas for years (otherwise I would've submitted a project by now).

Not to mention, LEGO can still consider making products based on licenses that are banned from LEGO Ideas for any reason. Just look at Fast & Furious for example!

Q_DciLmhKMu_GGnnr5852Mnw9zicvn56uLSwDeq0

Edited by MatthewRC
Adding image of proof

11 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think it's more likely than not. It's the most iconic video game weapon ever, and in BotW it's literally right in front of the Deku Tree. Also, if we get more sets after this, it could be reused for most of the games. The design changes a bit from game to game, but the only games where it canonically appears and is different enough that a new mold would be "needed" are Wind Waker and A Link to the Past (the latter of which sadly seems unlikely to get any sets unless the theme lasts a while). If they make one for this set it could be used as necessary in any sets based on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild. 

Good point. Although it currently appears like he's holding a regular Lego sword (a bit hard to see). Curious to see what they'll do with it, since indeed the sword is right in front of the Deku tree.
I wouldn't necessarily need the Hylian shield as a new mold (I think a print would work perfectly well) but the sword is a different topic, almost a must.

On another note, if you guys would like to add to the minifigures in this set. Flickr user KaijuBuildz has made some great MOC's of the Moblin and Guardian. Completely buildable with existing bricks (apart from the printed tile on the Moblin's nose.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155047953@N02/49032275868/in/pool-826719@N22

Legend of Zelda Gaurdian (new rendering program)

Edited by kevkipo

6 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Good point. Although it currently appears like he's holding a regular Lego sword (a bit hard to see). Curious to see what they'll do with it, since indeed the sword is right in front of the Deku tree.
I wouldn't necessarily need the Hylian shield as a new mold (I think a print would work perfectly well) but the sword is a different topic, almost a must.

I think the shield could go either way, but Lego has been known to do tons of new molds for new licensed themes so I could see the Hylian Shield (or a new more general purpose shield mold that more resembles it) getting made. To be fair though, they could reasonably get away with not including in the Deku Tree, since it's not usually part of Link's BotW design and he doesn't get it until after the Deku Tree section of Ocarina of Time.

Edit: Also, not that anyone cares, but in hindsight I think that the hypothetical Wind Waker Master Sword mold I mentioned in my last post would actually be more appropriate for an A Link Between Worlds set than the one we will likely see for the other games. In WW and ALBW the blade is notably shorter than usual, so I could see Lego making a different mold for those games should they ever be covered.

Edited by Meadius
Felt like adding a pointless bit of information to satisfy my inner critic

17 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think it's more likely than not. It's the most iconic video game weapon ever, and in BotW it's literally right in front of the Deku Tree.

I agree. Though that would be 4 new moulds (so unlikely they'll do the shield as well) for what is most likely intended as a one off set (barring more sets if the initial set sells very well).

I dread to think what they'll price it if they release it.

Edited by Alegrispa

7 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

I agree. Though that would be 4 new moulds (so unlikely they'll do the shield as well) for what is most likely intended as a one off set (barring more sets if the initial set sells very well).

I dread to think what they'll price it if they release it.

4 moulds is a lot for a single set, but I kind of doubt that this is going to be a one-off thing. Zelda is probably the single most requested Lego series of the last decade, and seeing as how Lego and Nintendo have been working together for a few years now I don't think anyone else is likely to get the license. One other distinct advantage of Zelda as a theme is that a lot of potential sets could appeal to non-Zelda fans of Lego just by virtue of being interesting fantasy designs (and pretty distinct from whatever LotR might get if that matters). Obviously we have no tangible evidence of more sets after this, but I would be pretty surprised if the Deku Tree ends up as the only Zelda set. 

As for the price, I'm also a bit worried. The original leak said they guessed it'd be $250, but that seems pretty steep for what you get. Maybe I just need to take another look at it but it doesn't look like something worth much more than $200.

$250 is defenitely a bit steep (I don't think I've ever spent that much on a single set). The Tallneck was around $90 right? Since this is bigger and does include 2 more minifigures, I do get that it's more expensive than that. But at the same time I don't see it reach above $200 right? (Having said that, I'd probably still splurge for a $250 set since, you know, it's Zelda and all).

Edited by kevkipo

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

$250 is defenitely a bit steep

Yeah, this does not look like a $250 set to me :grin: More like $150 at most.

Also, I hope the final product‘s not a 2 in 1 set. To me, the two versions look so different that I would feel compelled to get two copies just to be able to display them both. So, I‘d rather just have the BotW version, while still keeping the Young Link minifig of course. 

…which is kind of like having the cake and eating it too. Fudge. :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

4 moulds is a lot for a single set, but I kind of doubt that this is going to be a one-off thing. Zelda is probably the single most requested Lego series of the last decade, and seeing as how Lego and Nintendo have been working together for a few years now I don't think anyone else is likely to get the license. One other distinct advantage of Zelda as a theme is that a lot of potential sets could appeal to non-Zelda fans of Lego just by virtue of being interesting fantasy designs (and pretty distinct from whatever LotR might get if that matters). Obviously we have no tangible evidence of more sets after this, but I would be pretty surprised if the Deku Tree ends up as the only Zelda set. 

As for the price, I'm also a bit worried. The original leak said they guessed it'd be $250, but that seems pretty steep for what you get. Maybe I just need to take another look at it but it doesn't look like something worth much more than $200.

The set just gives one-off vibes. Like the Tallneck or the Ideas Sonic set (which did end up becoming a whole theme, so there's that).

As for the price, I can totally believe they'll price it at 200+. Like you said, it's the most requested theme. They're gonna bleed fans dry. That's just LEGO for ya these days. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:45 AM, Portal Out said:

I honestly doubt this is official at all, but I'm still excited to see which one wins (I'm totally voting for Aerith's house). Anyways here's the Tweet:

If Lego Final Fantasy ever became a thing Kingdom Hearts would be right around the corner. But I don't think it's anything other than what it appears to be on surface level. Although they can use it to test the waters, as a proof of concept maybe.

6 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

The set just gives one-off vibes. Like the Tallneck or the Ideas Sonic set (which did end up becoming a whole theme, so there's that).

To me it seems like a 'testing the waters' kind of set. I feel like if this sells well (which I'm pretty confident it will), they'll be open to more Zelda sets.
Having said that I don't really expect a full wave of Zelda sets either for now.