Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Unless Microsoft can restructure Activision-Blizzard, LEGO may have to abandon the Overwatch license for a good reason.

I would absolutely agree with that on a moral stance. The good news is that I really doubt Microsoft has not considered this, and are probably planning on fixing up the company if the buyout goes through. They're planning on firing Kotick, right?

9 hours ago, TheRedBarron said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0637.jpg

Got these two in today. Going to wait and see what lego does regarding overwatch before I decide what to do with them 

You scored her with the goldies? Wow, I've never seen one of those exclusives come up.

20 hours ago, TheRedBarron said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0637.jpg

Got these two in today. Going to wait and see what lego does regarding overwatch before I decide what to do with them 

How did you get it?

According to @exabrickslegogo_ on Instagram, there is a new video game theme coming in 2023 codenamed "Lemon". Could this be LEGO Games, or something else? 🤔

Some people have been hinting at a Zelda theme, which would make sense considering the recent update of „banned“ licenses on Ideas :classic:

I need further information before I start believing that though

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Some people have been hinting at a Zelda theme, which would make sense considering the recent update of „banned“ licenses on Ideas :classic:

It would be fantastic for Tears of the Wallet to coincide with Tears of the Kingdom.

But damn, it’d be a dream come true if we got any sets to coincide with the Breath of the Wild games. There are a plethora of unique outfits for Link in the first one that would make for some stunning minifigures. I’ve enjoyed admiring the Mario theme from afar but getting another Nintendo theme with minifigures would be lovely.

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

According to @exabrickslegogo_ on Instagram, there is a new video game theme coming in 2023 codenamed "Lemon". Could this be LEGO Games, or something else? 🤔

I personally have high hopes its an Apex Legends CMF Series

From Instagram: 

“Lemon” 
76990 - 292 Pieces (6+) 

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Plot twist: It's actually a brick built lemon

Lemon-mech! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are those reliable leakers? 

I hope it is true and it would coincide with the new game coming this May. And yet I fear it may be another Mario scenario which would be very disappointing if that were the case. 

8 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Codenamed: Lemon 🤔

Pac-Man?

Would be cool, but not sure if a full theme would be feasible there.  I also don't know if the code name necessarily indicates anything, I believe Mario was Leaf and Avatar was Coconut :shrug_oh_well:

Sonic would be great (not as good as Zelda, but it comes close). Sonic does make more sense since LEGO already produced Sonic based sets, the movies are/sell great and have upcoming spin-off series for streaming and they have the mould for his head. 

If it's true then I hope they do Eggman justice and give us at least Knuckles, Tails, Amy and Shadow. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @TandNbricks, it‘s not Zelda after all :shrug_oh_well: Too bad, but still excited to hear what it is!

Curses, I thought we were actually close this time... People have been clamoring for Zelda for decades

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

Curses, I thought we were actually close this time... People have been clamoring for Zelda for decades

It seems like such a slam dunk for Lego with how popular it has been on Ideas over the years; there are five off the top of my head that I remember having gotten 10,000 votes. Depending of the subject matter (and assuming it's a normal minifigure-scale affair and not like Lego Mario) it could also have a ton of appeal for non-Zelda AFOLs who are into Castle. I wonder if there's some kind of issue beyond Lego's control that's keeping them from making them, because logically it would make perfect sense for them to do it.

I'm cool with Sonic. Zelda still seems like something which is likely for the future. But I didn't think the Sonic Ideas set sold particularly well so I wasn't super hopeful about getting Tails and Knuckles or a better Eggman. I'm curious to see how this pans out.

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

It seems like such a slam dunk for Lego with how popular it has been on Ideas over the years; there are five off the top of my head that I remember having gotten 10,000 votes. Depending of the subject matter (and assuming it's a normal minifigure-scale affair and not like Lego Mario) it could also have a ton of appeal for non-Zelda AFOLs who are into Castle. I wonder if there's some kind of issue beyond Lego's control that's keeping them from making them, because logically it would make perfect sense for them to do it.

Zelda hasn't been as popular as stuff like Mario, Sonic, etc, so lego might not think it could support a full theme. That said, Breath of the Wild was hugely popular, so maybe they're just waiting to see if Tears of the Kingdom has the same popularity before making sets.

I would’ve preferred Zelda, but Sonic is great too! It’s gonna be exciting to finally get the rest of the characters after all these years, and a $100 set definitely gets my imagination going as to what it could possibly be.