Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

While still on "probably won't happen but would be cool", Fire Emblem, specifically Three Houses, would be my dream videogame. Almost certainly won't happen - the premise of the franchise is based around warring countries (plus 3H adds a church as one of the factions), and the most iconic parts are the characters, there aren't a lot of recognizable sets they could do except Garreg Mach Monastery, and the branched paths would complicate things significantly because all and none of the routes are canon. The logistics wouldn't be fun - there's some 50 named playable characters, over 30 of which have 2 versions, and that's not counting generic soldiers or major villains. There are several dragons they could make sets out of, though at least one would be a big spoiler, and none of them are exactly major characters. Still, a fan can dream.

21 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I still think LEGO will shy away from themes like Street Fighter, where most of the premise is just violent combat (Overwatch had more bright colors and mechs, so it worked as a theme a bit more than just a 2D punching game).

At least LEGO would prefer that over Mortal Kombat, which would be 100% off-limits for them.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:43 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Here is my another wishlist.

How about Ghost of Tsushima?! :)

It's an 18+ video game, they won't touch it. 16+ is their limit.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:56 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's an 18+ video game, they won't touch it. 16+ is their limit.

Not even in the future? The Batman has a R rating equivalent in UK and Lego got pretty comfortable since they do 16+ IPs. Like at one point they could get used to it. 

10 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Not even in the future? The Batman has a R rating equivalent in UK and Lego got pretty comfortable since they do 16+ IPs. Like at one point they could get used to it. 

It's not an equivalent of R rating.

PG-13 (US) is 13+. R (US) is 17+. They rated The Batman 15 in UK, which is 15+.

Also, LEGO couldn't care less what's it rated in UK. Eternals is 18+ in Russia, and it still got LEGO sets.

2 hours ago, Natant16 said:

So is this theme still happening, or was it just a rumor that went nowhere?

It’s still on, but the Overwatch set is on the bench until the game’s developers sort themselves out, and the Horizon set has been announced. I don’t think there’s any grounds for it to be a full on wave, more one-offs as and when.

Finished the Main Story for Horizon Forbidden West and boy oh boy, I didn't know I could be even more excited for this set, but here I am.

I hope it does very well so we end up getting more sets. Thunderjaw, Clawstrider, Snapmaw, Sunwing and more would be so lovely as LEGO display pieces.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Finished the Main Story for Horizon Forbidden West and boy oh boy, I didn't know I could be even more excited for this set, but here I am.

I hope it does very well so we end up getting more sets. Thunderjaw, Clawstrider, Snapmaw, Sunwing and more would be so lovely as LEGO display pieces.

If you haven't seen SerialBuilder's mocs on instagram, I highly recommend checking them out. He's made some great models based on machines from HZD/HFW. 

If anything, I could see them releasing a Thunderjaw, but I question it solely based on how large of a set and price point it would have to be to do the creature the best justice (beyond a "Jurassic Park Dino"-sized model).

5 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

If you haven't seen SerialBuilder's mocs on instagram, I highly recommend checking them out. He's made some great models based on machines from HZD/HFW. 

If anything, I could see them releasing a Thunderjaw, but I question it solely based on how large of a set and price point it would have to be to do the creature the best justice (beyond a "Jurassic Park Dino"-sized model).

Yup, I've seen them. All of them look fantastic. 

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Looks like 76978, 76979, and 76981 are still releasing later this year! 

I think you should put this more into content rather then saying they are still releasing because that’s not really the case. jedijacpenguin states that these sets have been apparently relisted on a website. Could honestly mean nothing 

55 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think you should put this more into content rather then saying they are still releasing because that’s not really the case. jedijacpenguin states that these sets have been apparently relisted on a website. Could honestly mean nothing 

Sorry. Yeah. I updated posts on Instagram, etc. with that info after JJP further discussed it (as more of a potential than a definite). 

10 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Looks like 76978, 76979, and 76981 are still releasing later this year! 

I honestly don’t really care about Overwatch anymore, but I genuinely hope we end up seeing these sets just because of the mythical status they’ve gained in the almost 3 years since they first started being rumored.

I know TLG checks in on theses forums from time to time so if you’re reading this Lego, release the sets. It’d be funny.

Edited by Portal Out

4 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

I noticed Lego have made a theme based off of the video game Lego Star Wars.

I'm not sure what you're saying, since star wars is a film series since 1977, the theme started in 1999, and the original game came out in 2005. Could you please explain what you mean by your comment? I'm terribly confused.

9 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying, since star wars is a film series since 1977, the theme started in 1999, and the original game came out in 2005. Could you please explain what you mean by your comment? I'm terribly confused.

I’m going to go with humour

14 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Bruh, it's a joke :jollyroger:

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m going to go with humour

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, it's a joke :jollyroger:

In my defense, you never can tell on the internet if somebody is trying to be being funny or dead serious!

On 4/5/2022 at 10:35 AM, TheMainBricker said:

I noticed Lego have made a theme based off of the video game Lego Star Wars.

Great joke, but this just reminds me of how we still don't have an official set with a minikit, level build, or rebel friend. And sure, it's not difficult to build most of those with existing parts, but I want my lego rebel friend!

Just ordered the Tallneck, even got a nice 20% discount.

It will arrive on Tuesday. I've never been this excited for a LEGO set.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

According to Promobricks, there’s going to be an Atari 2600 set this August :thumbup: Roughly $200, and it allegedly includes a Pitfall cartridge plus a 3D model of the eponymous pitfall on the inside of the console :laugh:

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to Promobricks, there’s going to be an Atari 2600 set this August :thumbup: Roughly $200, and it allegedly includes a Pitfall cartridge plus a 3D model of the eponymous pitfall on the inside of the console :laugh:

This one could honestly be really good! I'm pretty hopeful for it.