Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

It is probably very unlikely, but I would love just one 18+ set based on Final Fantasy VII: Remake. Seeing the new Tallneck for some reason makes me think it'd be a bit more plausible. Given the only set from this line - sans Overwatch 2 - is a PlayStation title, I can see a set from FF7:R happening, maybe with the release of the second part of Remake in however many years it takes to come out. A coworker and I once spent a good hour talking about what a nice $150 Seventh Heaven could be like. I know it's not likely, but man I am going to hope it happens through this theme.

2 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

It is probably very unlikely, but I would love just one 18+ set based on Final Fantasy VII: Remake. Seeing the new Tallneck for some reason makes me think it'd be a bit more plausible. Given the only set from this line - sans Overwatch 2 - is a PlayStation title, I can see a set from FF7:R happening, maybe with the release of the second part of Remake in however many years it takes to come out. A coworker and I once spent a good hour talking about what a nice $150 Seventh Heaven could be like. I know it's not likely, but man I am going to hope it happens through this theme.

We've talked about this before, and Lego doing something Final Fantasy related actually isn't too far-fetched at all. FF7R is only rated T in America and Pegi 16 in Europe, and Lego and Square just collaborated a couple of years back on those tie-in sets for that Avengers game that everyone forgot existed. As weird as it is to say, Lego doing a bar doesn't even sound as unlikely as it once was either. Since these days Final Fantasy is so closely tied to Playstation, I'd even go so far as to say that FF7 might be one of the frontrunners for some of the yet to be revealed sets.

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Why not? Mario's not going anywhere, but that doesn't mean the other properties need to get shafted. There's been merchandise based on plenty of Nintendo's games (Zelda, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Splatoon, etc.) I don't see why Lego would be any different. Plus, the interactive Mario sets could remain aimed at a younger audience while other sets could skew to an older audience just like the Horizon set.

Oh I'd love a Temple of Time set, The market *is* there, but, like most biz dev, Nintendo play it safe with 3rd parties.

Look at controllers, only Power A make them for the switch for a reason (terrible 3rd party controllers you make your little brother use). 

Not to mention Amiibo are the toy Nintendo want you playing with.  

Playstation are a safe bet as a partner. They fostered a lot of small studios that made great games. And HZD was only beaten by BotW for game of the year because, well..Zelda...:pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Portal Out said:

Lego doing a bar doesn't even sound as unlikely as it once was either. 

Bar and *restaurant*. Egg and Chips Anyone? I think a FF7 CMF would be lit as well. 

2 hours ago, Portal Out said:

We've talked about this before, and Lego doing something Final Fantasy related actually isn't too far-fetched at all. FF7R is only rated T in America and Pegi 16 in Europe, and Lego and Square just collaborated a couple of years back on those tie-in sets for that Avengers game that everyone forgot existed. As weird as it is to say, Lego doing a bar doesn't even sound as unlikely as it once was either. Since these days Final Fantasy is so closely tied to Playstation, I'd even go so far as to say that FF7 might be one of the frontrunners for some of the yet to be revealed sets.

Perhaps a Kingdom Hearts set? That would tie in with LEGO's Disney partnership, as well as video games and Square Enix.

They also already have molds for Donald, Mikey, and Goofy, so less new moulds would be needed beyond parts for Sora and maybe Heartless.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

FF7 remake sets would be so awesome. Even if not Seventh Heaven cause it is a bar, they can make Cloud's bike, Aerith's House, the gym. And final fantasy as a whole would have so much potential for sets from a wide range of the series over the years.

Resident Evil would also be very interesting if they keep this line 18+. If they can do stranger things and zombies from cmf and Monster Fighter and Hidden Side, then why not zombies from RE.

1 minute ago, chill9394 said:

FF7 remake sets would be so awesome. Even if not Seventh Heaven cause it is a bar, they can make Cloud's bike, Aerith's House, the gym. And final fantasy as a whole would have so much potential for sets from a wide range of the series over the years.

Resident Evil would also be very interesting if they keep this line 18+. If they can do stranger things and zombies from cmf and Monster Fighter and Hidden Side, then why not zombies from RE.

Stranger things was tied to season one which was a cultural phenomenon. Monster fighter was a universal monster riff and Hidden Side was very underwhelming.Resident Evil isn't really Lego's kind of franchise. It's been beaten to death and jumped the megalodon so many time already. 18+ doesn't have to mean guns and blood. And there are so,SO many themes that deserve being made before Resi.

4 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Wow, yeah. Man that's really encouraging. I would trade all of the sets so far revealed for 2022 for an FF7R set.

So, the existence of the Horizon sets was leaked a while ago, and as I recall it was supposed to be only one set out of a new video-game line.

Did we get any reliable rumors about what other games could get sets?

I feel like given TLG's focus on nostalgia, especially for the 18+ sets, anything from Final Fantasy 7 would be more likely based on the original game. It still capitalizes on the hype for the remake series while using the classic designs and brighter colors that might fit Lego sets better. I feel like the old Exo-Force hairpiece in blonde would be great for Cloud.

2 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

So, the existence of the Horizon sets was leaked a while ago, and as I recall it was supposed to be only one set out of a new video-game line.

At this point, there aren’t any more rumors about sets. There is the Overwatch: Titan set, but that’s been delayed indefinitely. 

5 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

No.

9 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

It's that 100%? Only one set from Horizon? There are so many cool robots-animals there, and I will buy this one only if can make my own robot-zoo.

Edited by Citromon

This game, in particular this character in the set, is being accused of

wait for it

cultural appropriation

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

wait for it

cultural appropriation

What do you mean?

23 minutes ago, Citromon said:

It's that 100%? Only one set from Horizon? There are so many cool robots-animals there, and I will buy this one only if can make my own robot-zoo.

For now, yes. We don't know if they'll ever make more.

If this one sells well I hope they do.

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, no.

This probably also happened with the first one, and these are just voices from a small group of people who will be angry with basically anything. They aren't loud enough for others to hear them.

No to mention that the game got exceptional reviews, and everyone in the gaming community is extremely hyped for it.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

wait for it

cultural appropriation

Yeah, no, I mean if you play the game it tells the story of what came before quite well, not only that but as someone who read the art book, you can see how well crafted the world is. There are solid reasons as to why the tribes look and act as they do. And y'know robot dinosaurs....

I hope we get Lego Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Destroy all Humans, Lara Croft, Destiny and perhaps Zelda or Warcraft! Xcom would be awesome too. 

This is my personal wishlist. 

I am hoping that TLG would do Kingdom Hearts set(s) since there re so many Disney characters (such as Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin, Ariel, Mickey, etc) - I think it may cost less to make few e cause there are existing molds from Disney CMF Series 1 & 2, IDEA set.

Just wanting to share my wishlist here. :)

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

This is my personal wishlist. 

I am hoping that TLG would do Kingdom Hearts set(s) since there re so many Disney characters (such as Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin, Ariel, Mickey, etc) - I think it may cost less to make few e cause there are existing molds from Disney CMF Series 1 & 2, IDEA set.

Just wanting to share my wishlist here. :)

I have a strong feeling that if LEGO made a KH set for this theme, it would end up being similar to the HZD/HFW set and just be a small diorama or single location, so it likely wouldn't have many more figures than Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Sora, as well as some villain(s). 

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I have a strong feeling that if LEGO made a KH set for this theme, it would end up being similar to the HZD/HFW set and just be a small diorama or single location, so it likely wouldn't have many more figures than Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Sora, as well as some villain(s). 

You just said “location”, it may be hard to choose one out of several worlds. But I think it would be perfect for Destiny Island or Twilight Town.

and yeah, you make a good point about including King Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Sora in one set. It totally makes sense.

Since we’re on the subject of “probably wouldn’t happen but it would be cool if it did” licenses for this theme, I’d love a series of little vignettes based on Street Fighter stages.

FC54F473-F84F-4D6B-8F28-A457A408481D.jpeg

I mean seriously, how cool would it be to get ~300 piece display sets with a couple minifigures? They could even incorporate the health bars sort of like they did with the life counter in the Sonic set. Again, far from likely, but would be cool nonetheless.

Edited by Portal Out

I still think LEGO will shy away from themes like Street Fighter, where most of the premise is just violent combat (Overwatch had more bright colors and mechs, so it worked as a theme a bit more than just a 2D punching game).

16 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I still think LEGO will shy away from themes like Street Fighter, where most of the premise is just violent combat

I think you're probably right (although who knows what Lego will do next).  Shame though - this is a great idea and I'd buy SFII vignette sets in a heartbeat.